Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,260 members, 7,936,833 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 01:55 AM

Controlling Lagos' Borders... - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controlling Lagos' Borders... (8398 Views)

Gov. Amosun Controlling Traffic On Lag-ib Rd, King Sunny Ade Stops To Thank Him / Nigeria Closes Land & Sea Borders For Upcoming Elections / Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:10pm On Jun 24, 2013
eggheaders:

should I burst this lie. you know I know alaigbo like the back of my palm. a land where you are not allowed to own landed properties and gross insecurity where the street boys waiting to rob your small change. oga make we hear word joke.

Eggheader, you know the bit about not being allowed to own landed property is a lie. The main reason non indigenes don't own landed property in the east is the exorbitant cost of such. I haven't heard of a case where a non indigene offered to pay more than an indigene was declined sales except a family or kindred land and a member of the family wants to buy the land. In this case, if the difference is insignificant, the land could be offered to the family member. But the problem is that the Igbo money bags price land out of the reach of the ordinary man.

Now let's go to a neutral ground, it has been revealed by El-Rufai that Igbos owned 73% of landed properties in Abuja as at 2007. Meaning that the figure could and should be higher now. Why is it so? Are the Igbos preventing the owners from selling to the Yorubas and other ethnic nationalities? NO! The truth is that the Igbo man will beat your offer anytime anyday. Now, if the Igbo man can out-price you both in your home and in neutral territories, how much less in his home land?

1 Like

Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by EkoAtlantic: 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2013
Aside Lagosisans on mainland that reside in serene estates and other Islanders, most employed lagosians will prefer to settle in surrounding states and cities while they work in Lagos, if there is a fast and reliable means of transportation. If this is done, lagos city won't be as crowded as it is since it's only office hours that working people stay in the city, they leave for neighboring states after work hours which makes the city less crowded.
If at all a thinking government is in power, this isn't a big deal.
Also, non Lagos indegenes who contribute nothing to the state economy should be kindly shown the way back to their various villages and states which they migrated from and prevent further flux of migrants who have nothing to do in the city.

Every hour, a hundred(100) people move into Lagos permanently.
Monthly, 67,000 people move into Lagos permanently.
Yearly, 806,400 people move into Lagos permanently.
Add that up to the nos. Of birth from the present millions of mothers in the city.
Yet, she's the smallest state of the federation.
Kilode na?!
Something must be done urgently.
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by djon78(m): 8:21pm On Jun 24, 2013
What really made Lagos special? Is it not because she is part of the nation Nigeria. As long as Lagos is still part of Nigeria, the op can forget about the issue, if the day eventually comes when Nigeria is no more then u can do all those.

The main issue is that all the economic attraction of Lagos is simply dependent on benefit from Nigeria, which the source is simply the income accruing from oil.

Many folks dont know that just like Nigerias economy is in serious danger because of dependence only one major source of income (oil), that likewise Lagos economy is also in danger? Lagos economy is not sustainable, until you develop an economy that is not dependent on the nation and is sustainable, this topic cannot be feasible.
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by Yeske2(m): 9:15pm On Jun 24, 2013
Eko Atlantic:
Yet, she's the smallest state of the federation.
Kilode na?!
Something must be done urgently.
Deport all non-indigenous Lagosians from the state and all shall be well. lols.
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by eggheaders(m): 9:23pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Eggheader, you know the bit about not being allowed to own landed property is a lie. The main reason non indigenes don't own landed property in the east is the exorbitant cost of such. I haven't heard of a case where a non indigene offered to pay more than an indigene was declined sales except a family or kindred land and a member of the family wants to buy the land. In this case, if the difference is insignificant, the land could be offered to the family member. But the problem is that the Igbo money bags price land out of the reach of the ordinary man.

Now let's go to a neutral ground, it has been revealed by El-Rufai that Igbos owned 73% of landed properties in Abuja as at 2007. Meaning that the figure could and should be higher now. Why is it so? Are the Igbos preventing the owners from selling to the Yorubas and other ethnic nationalities? NO! The truth is that the Igbo man will beat your offer anytime anyday. Now, if the Igbo man can out-price you both in your home and in neutral territories, how much less in his home land?

hey which part is a lie. am talking from personal experience and you opening that gutter you called buccal that It's a lie. damn you guys are nauseating mehn. after collecting money from people to help them get land the only reason why they are not selling is just cause we are not Igbos and we are not Christians. if everybody is treating y' all the way your folks are doing east of the Niger all this your own shyte story will not come up. you guys are so insecure and gross tribalistic dingbats. I thought my experience was just an isolated case till I tabled the issue to a couple of tailors at main market and the can of worms of y'all backward behaviours on non natives owning lands.
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by eggheaders(m): 9:23pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

hey which part is a lie. am talking from personal experience and you opening that gutter you called buccal that It's a lie. damn you guys are nauseating mehn. after collecting money from people to help them get land the only reason why they are not selling is just cause we are not Igbos and we are not Christians. if everybody is treating y' all the way your folks are doing east of the Niger all this your own shyte story will not come up. you guys are so insecure and gross tribalistic dingbats. I thought my experience was just an isolated case till I tabled the issue to a couple of tailors at main market and the can of worms of y'all backward behaviours on non natives owning lands.
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by Yeske2(m): 9:34pm On Jun 24, 2013
eggheaders:

An example, where and when for NLanders east of the Niger to investigate the authenticity of your report(lie).
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
eggheaders:

I'm in a good mood this evening so wouldn't respond to your insults with insults. Not selling land for the purpose of erecting a mosque in the Igbo hinterland could be true as a result of the impression Islam has created in the mind of an average igbo villager.

Lol at tabling the issue to tailors in main market. Some wealthy importers never even fit afford land for Abambra, na hungry tailors for main market go fit. Try another lie bruv.

Again, I ask; WHAT STOPS THE YORUBA PEOPLE FROM BUYING UP LANDED PROPERTY IN ABUJA?
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by eggheaders(m): 10:44pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

I'm in a good mood this evening so wouldn't respond to your insults with insults. Not selling land for the purpose of erecting a mosque in the Igbo hinterland could be true as a result of the impression Islam has created in the mind of an average igbo villager.

Lol at tabling the issue to tailors in main market. Some wealthy importers never even fit afford land for Abambra, na hungry tailors for main market go fit. Try another lie bruv.

Again, I ask; WHAT STOPS THE YORUBA PEOPLE FROM BUYING UP LANDED PROPERTY IN ABUJA?

so Yoruba tailor union can't own a land in obosi you don mental guy. the hausa leader in akwa was contacted to help in the ogidi land refusal sale saga. the guy gave the same sad scenario of your flatheaded folks. stfu about your Abuja air claim every ethnic nationality owns land in Abuja. only loud mouthed insecure shyteheads lay claims to the whole place. Hausa wey allocate the whole place to themselves self don't make such.idiotic claims. you keep saying average igbo mindset of Muslims yet you losers own churches up north y'all dingbats are the worst tribalist in this nation. numerous scenarios self.
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:51pm On Jun 24, 2013
eggheaders:

so Yoruba tailor union can't own a land in obosi you don mental guy. the hausa leader in akwa was contacted to help in the ogidi land refusal sale saga. the guy gave the same sad scenario of your flatheaded folks. stfu about your Abuja air claim every ethnic nationality owns land in Abuja. only loud mouthed insecure shyteheads lay claims to the whole place. Hausa wey allocate the whole place to themselves self don't make such.idiotic claims. you keep saying average igbo mindset of Muslims yet you losers own churches up north y'all dingbats are the worst tribalist in this nation. numerous scenarios self.

el-Rufai: Igbos Own 73% of Abuja Land
From Chuks Okocha in Abuja, 05.21.2007

The Minister in charge of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mallam Nasir el-Rufai over the weekend declared that Igbos have acquired about 73 percent of landed property in Abuja.
The Minister, who was addressing a gathering of Southeast elected officials also revealed how the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ahmadu Ali abused him for demolishing his house in Asokoro District in Abuja.
Speaking on a lighter mood, el-Rufai called on the Igbos to take Abuja as the sixth state of the southeast in view of their dominance of the real estate sector of the FCT.
He pointed out that such dominance explains why the Igbos appear to have been the worst victims of the demolition exercise in the territory.
For instance, he said “68 percent of the land allocations in the FCT belongs to the 19 northern states, but in actual land ownership, 73 percent belongs to the Igbos with the most aggressive in land ownership belonging to the indigenes of Anambra state, while Ebonyi lags behind.”
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by eggheaders(m): 11:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

el-Rufai: Igbos Own 73% of Abuja Land
From Chuks Okocha in Abuja, 05.21.2007

The Minister in charge of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mallam Nasir el-Rufai over the weekend declared that Igbos have acquired about 73 percent of landed property in Abuja.
The Minister, who was addressing a gathering of Southeast elected officials also revealed how the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ahmadu Ali abused him for demolishing his house in Asokoro District in Abuja.
Speaking on a lighter mood, el-Rufai called on the Igbos to take Abuja as the sixth state of the southeast in view of their dominance of the real estate sector of the FCT.
He pointed out that such dominance explains why the Igbos appear to have been the worst victims of the demolition exercise in the territory.
For instance, he said “68 percent of the land allocations in the FCT belongs to the 19 northern states, but in actual land ownership, 73 percent belongs to the Igbos with the most aggressive in land ownership belonging to the indigenes of Anambra state, while Ebonyi lags behind.”

political shyte statement mehn.

1 Like

Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:06pm On Jun 24, 2013
eggheaders:

Keep consoling yourself ode.

You know what the part in bold means? It means that 68% of land in FCT was actually allocated to the 19 northern states but they have practically sold all their allocation to the Igbos especially my Anambra brothers.

Aboki, shine my shoe!
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by Yeske2(m): 11:10pm On Jun 24, 2013
eggheaders:

Disapprove it with facts or links or forever STFU.

1 Like

Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:15pm On Jun 24, 2013
Again I ask, WHO IS STOPPING THE YORUBAS FROM BUYING UP LANDED PROPERTIES IN ABUJA? Or is Abuja in South East Nigeria?
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by eggheaders(m): 11:15pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Keep consoling yourself ode.

You know what the part in bold means? It means that 68% of land in FCT was actually allocated to the 19 northern states but they have practically sold all their allocation to the Igbos especially my Anambra brothers.

Aboki, shine my shoe!

you don get fault didirin ewu Gambia. how many yorubas dey shine your shoe. pray you guys break up self people with no artisan exporting people from other land to come fix everything for there land. even eastern barbers are wack only one male teacher in a whole school. everybody dey markate and the secondary school boys wanna end up in the same markete confused people.
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by eggheaders(m): 11:17pm On Jun 24, 2013
Yeske!:

who let the dogs out.
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:21pm On Jun 24, 2013
Yeske!:

That task is akin to sending a vulture to a barber.
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:30pm On Jun 24, 2013
eggheaders:

you don get fault didirin ewu Gambia. how many yorubas dey shine your shoe. pray you guys break up self people with no artisan exporting people from other land to come fix everything for there land. even eastern barbers are wack only one male teacher in a whole school. everybody dey markate and the secondary school boys wanna end up in the same markete confused people.

You have just confirmed that you are a batty man. Given the opportunity, why would a man be in a classroom teaching and probably earning less than 100k in a month when his mates are in the market making that daily? Does that make sense to you? Yes, we bring artisans from south west, Benin and Togo cos our young boys have more lucrative businesses to do and those who are artisans are expensive because of high demand.

Also, when you bring workmen from outside the south east, they most of the time live on site, and having no other job/contract or commitment within that locality, they will face your work squarely and finish it at the agreed time but a local artisan will accept work/contract from many people and be shuttling between the different sites. Sometimes, they tell you the wife or child is sick while the truth is that he is working somewhere else thereby delaying your work.
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:40pm On Jun 24, 2013
eggheaders:

Yet we still top you lot in both JAMB registeration and admissions;
https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics

Federal Unity Schools cut off;
https://www.nairaland.com/1319603/unbelievable-nigerian-unity-schools-cut-off

You should hide your face in Shame. Look those boys who end up in the market after secondary school are those who would have ended up as Area boys had they been unfortunate to be from your tribe.

1 Like

Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by eggheaders(m): 11:48pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

You have just confirmed that you are a batty man. Given the opportunity, why would a man be in a classroom teaching and probably earning less than 100k in a month when his mates are in the market making that daily? Does that make sense to you? Yes, we bring artisans from south west, Benin and Togo cos our young boys have more lucrative businesses to do and those who are artisans are expensive because of high demand.

Also, when you bring workmen from outside the south east, they most of the time live on site, and having no other job/contract or commitment within that locality, they will face your work squarely and finish it at the agreed time but a local artisan will accept work/contract from many people and be shuttling between the different sites. Sometimes, they tell you the wife or child is sick while the truth is that he is working somewhere else thereby delaying your work.

because there are is no male figures in those school make them churn out miscreants. children that wanna collect fees from labourers working on a new library in there school and no one can control them till police were invited. where students bring alcohol to schools and beat teachers and corpers. hello doing things for passion and not for money seems to be a taboo in alaigbo. even local contractors in alaigbo are non natives atleast I know plenty. you guys skills nmba everything na ego markete and all that issue. saying it loud mechanics, masonry, tailor everything are exported to alaigbo even the only one of your native into hair cut in my street in onitsha still give a poor gorimapa cut until me and my guy buy blade to do it ourselves. abeg make una break up make quick please.
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by eggheaders(m): 11:54pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Yet we still top you lot in both JAMB registeration and admissions;
https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics

Federal Unity Schools cut off;
https://www.nairaland.com/1319603/unbelievable-nigerian-unity-schools-cut-off

You should hide your face in Shame. Look those boys who end up in the market after secondary school are those who would have ended up as Area boys had they been unfortunate to be from your tribe.

since you no go school. get to higher institutions across the nation and sample the ethnic nations that must have some lecturer in all school irrespective of the location of the school. get to nysc camps across the nation and come report the lingua franca in this places. registration means say you get admissions??
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:56pm On Jun 24, 2013
eggheaders:

because there are is no male figures in those school make them churn out miscreants. children that wanna collect fees from labourers working on a new library in there school and no one can control them till police were invited. where students bring alcohol to schools and beat teachers and corpers. hello doing things for passion and not for money seems to be a taboo in alaigbo. even local contractors in alaigbo are non natives atleast I know plenty. you guys skills nmba everything na ego markete and all that issue. saying it loud mechanics, masonry, tailor everything are exported to alaigbo even the only one of your native into hair cut in my street in onitsha still give a poor gorimapa cut until me and my guy buy blade to do it ourselves. abeg make una break up make quick please.

When those jobs start paying well, you'll see our boys doing them. Very soon, you'll start asking Igbo boys to become shoe shiners, mai guard, mai ruwa and those that walk about cutting nails. Dude, no matter the economy of the jungle, the lion can never eat grass. It's not pride, it's just who we are.

Anambra, light of the nation!!
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:02am On Jun 25, 2013
eggheaders:

since you no go school. get to higher institutions across the nation and sample the ethnic nations that must have some lecturer in all school irrespective of the location of the school. get to nysc camps across the nation and come report the lingua franca in this places. registration means say you get admissions??

Blind bat. It seems you can't read well at night. I clearly said JAMB registeration and admission and the link I posted deals with admissions alone. If you had spared a minute to read, you would've saved yourself this embarrassment.

Meanwhile, there are probably more Igbo lecturers in UNILAG alone than there are Yoruba lecturers in all higher institutions in the South East combined. You served in Anambra state, so there'll probably be more Yorubas there. I served in Yobe state and we could count the number of Yoruba corpers with ease.

I ask again; WHY DID PROF. DIBU OJERINDE REMOVE DATA ON JAMB APPLICATIONS AND ADMISSIONS BASED ON STATE OF ORIGIN FROM JAMB WEBSITE AS SOON AS HE BECAME JAMB REGISTRAR?
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 25, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Blind bat. It seems you can't read well at night. I clearly said JAMB registeration and admission and the link I posted deals with admissions alone. If you had spared a minute to read, you would've saved yourself this embarrassment.

Meanwhile, there are probably more Igbo lecturers in UNILAG alone than there are Yoruba lecturers in all higher institutions in the South East combined. You served in Anambra state, so there'll probably be more Yorubas there. I served in Yobe state and we could count the number of Yoruba corpers with ease.

I ask again; WHY DID PROF. DIBU OJERINDE REMOVE DATA ON JAMB APPLICATIONS AND ADMISSIONS BASED ON STATE OF ORIGIN FROM JAMB WEBSITE AS SOON AS HE BECAME JAMB REGISTRAR?

I enjoy how you speak of probability without any tangible source and then be expecting educated mind like myself to take your words for fact.

Stories dey on nl fa!

eggheaders, hope you aint swallowing his bullshoit tho.
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by eggheaders(m): 12:10am On Jun 25, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

When those jobs start paying well, you'll see our boys doing them. Very soon, you'll start asking Igbo boys to become shoe shiners, mai guard, mai ruwa and those that walk about cutting nails. Dude, no matter the economy of the jungle, the lion can never eat grass. It's not pride, it's just who we are.

Anambra, light of the nation!!

the same way you are no were to be found during buhari idiagon manufacturing era. common boy you guy are commercialist and lazy state of the nation and the bad leaders we have is make this lucrative. when serious leaders step on board and importations are hammered on maybe y' all will start picking up skills or going to schools. that why you guys always support bad leaders to continue the importation status quo ruining the nation. anambra the abula of your backyard that shytehole excuse me boss enugu fit manage light of south east not that dirty shyehole. on a serious note when anambra wan get airport self cause flying in from asaba or enugu and encountering that death trap y' all call road is becoming so scary for moi.
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by eggheaders(m): 12:17am On Jun 25, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

who be this cat head self. from jos to anambra the scenario was the same redeployment tins. my guys in taraba and other places gave the same report. your unilag shyte is laughable omo no let me ring my unizik lecturer guys and unn guys to scatter your lies. I don't bother to read this cause you lots have over whip that lie it is now becoming truth to low minds. you gat issues with dibu invoke FOI guy.

same scenario in anambra and jos redeployment tins. couple of guys in other places giving same report. your unilag claim is laughable I know loads of them your sidekick FSU confirmed it yesterday again. so talk another lie. I don't bother reading your epistle of falsehood cause guys has disprove that shyte die. you gat problem with dibu you can invoke the foi bills mehn.
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by eggheaders(m): 12:20am On Jun 25, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

I enjoy how you speak of probability without any tangible source and then be expecting educated mind like myself to take your words for fact.

Stories dey on nl fa!

me je bread of lies were yen mehn.
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by Nobody: 12:23am On Jun 25, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Prof. of English with a "Ph.D from British University", it is spelt REGISTRATION; not "registeration".
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:28am On Jun 25, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Stories dey on nl fa!

Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:33am On Jun 25, 2013
eggheaders:

same scenario in anambra and jos redeployment tins. couple of guys in other places giving same report. your unilag claim is laughable I know loads of them your sidekick FSU confirmed it yesterday again. so talk another lie. I don't bother reading your epistle of falsehood cause guys has disprove that shyte die. you gat problem with dibu you can invoke the foi bills mehn.

I see it's time for you to take your medication.
Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:37am On Jun 25, 2013
eggheaders:

the same way you are no were to be found during buhari idiagon manufacturing era. common boy you guy are commercialist and lazy state of the nation and the bad leaders we have is make this lucrative. when serious leaders step on board and importations are hammered on maybe y' all will start picking up skills or going to schools. that why you guys always support bad leaders to continue the importation status quo ruining the nation. anambra the abula of your backyard that shytehole excuse me boss enugu fit manage light of south east not that dirty shyehole. on a serious note when anambra wan get airport self cause flying in from asaba or enugu and encountering that death trap y' all call road is becoming so scary for moi.
you keep making a fool of yourself. When every made in Nigeria product is either Aba made or Nnewi made? Are you for real?

Meanwhile, which Buhari are you talking about? The one below?

Re: Controlling Lagos' Borders... by nku5: 1:18am On Jun 25, 2013
eggheaders:

so Yoruba tailor union can't own a land in obosi

Obosi land has been hot cake for years now because of its proximity to osha and the two entrance(exits. Non Obosi indigenes hardly get land to buy, Obosi ppl sef have to shine eye to get land to buy even with their money. As for that group of tailors (karo oojire) I know them better than you. They couldn't get at the price they wanted that's all. They have been in obosi undisturbed for decades and if they were maltreated they would have left years ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking News! Probe Me And See Nigeria Explode!! OBJ To Buhari. / Photos From Rochas Okorocha's Book Launch / Ugwuanyi Inspects Projects At ESUT Teaching Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.