Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,968 members, 7,963,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 05:04 AM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (145990 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 12:25am On Jul 05, 2013
construction of footage for retaining wall to check Erosion in Oba village

peter obi job sha cool

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatic: 12:27am On Jul 05, 2013
Asaga and Ebem Ohafia, Abia State (aerial and non aerial views)

Asaga is the village where Ojo Maduekwe, former foreign affairs and transport minister hails from. He is the one hugging the woman in the last photo

1 Share

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 12:32am On Jul 05, 2013
omongbatic: Asaga and Ebem Ohafia, Abia State (aerial and non aerial views)

Asaga is the village where Ojo Maduekwe, former foreign affairs and transport minister hails from. He is the one hugging the woman in the last photo
i like first and second pix,it must be a palm farm cool
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by ak47mann(m): 12:33am On Jul 05, 2013
no be dora he dey hug so
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 05, 2013
almost all the images posted above didn't show village buildings.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatic: 12:41am On Jul 05, 2013
ak47mann: no be dora he dey hug so

Yes, its Dora
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatic: 12:42am On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija: almost all the images posted above didn't show village buildings.

How would you see when you are blind.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 05, 2013
omongbatic:

How would you see when you are blind.
I am blind now! Wow!Okay.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Onenaira1: 1:02am On Jul 05, 2013
omongbatic: One Naira

Onitsha is not a village. So could you please create anew thread with these beautiful Onitsha photos. We have always only seen the dirty side of Onitsha. These are good areas.

Abagworo: Please remove pictures of Onitsha from this thread. It is not a village.

I've always considered onitsha a village/town hence the reason I asked if others share my view of it. If not, then i'll delete it. I'm from Asaba but I am not allowed to post cities. I wanted to make a contribution and I wanted to make a contribution of places close to my people and places I adore and see as a second home (ogwashi uku and onitsha, our closest neighbors comes into play).

I do apologize to onitsha peeps for thinking the place was a village. Sorry and I'll delete it. My ID that posted those pics is banned so I'll have to wait until after my ban to delete it.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 1:12am On Jul 05, 2013
omongbatic: Asaga and Ebem Ohafia, Abia State (aerial and non aerial views)

That hug dey intimate o
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by donigspain(m): 1:40am On Jul 05, 2013
Una get time, money and energy to dey answer person wey dey troll. Why not serve him the 'silence' and 'ignore' meal?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 1:44am On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija: What is the name of your village,sir? How is it possible to have constant electricity in a village in Nigeria when there is no electricity for those in the rich urban areas? I need answers.

Thank you.

Sorry I won't say
No just my village but ,my whole LGA
I am 100% correct in what I am saying.my aunt recently relocated from the city to the village and is enjoying constant electricity and no House rent,since she is staying at her home in a neighbouring village
There are a few very powerful people in govt from my place and a governor with a beautiful wife from my village gan lipsrsealed : lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Maybe that explains it
Our folks in govt and our big inlaw has done us well
My step grandmother no dey gree come town again sef
God bless Goodluck Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatic: 2:07am On Jul 05, 2013
babyosisi:

Sorry I won't say
I am 100% correct in what I am saying.my aunt recently relocated from the city to the village and is enjoying constant electricity and no House rent,since she is staying at her home in a neighbouring village
There are a few very powerful people in govt from my place and a governor with a beautiful wife from my village gan lipsrsealed : lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Maybe that explains it

Not only you. In my village in Abia State, we have no one in the fed govt at the moment, but light has been as constant as it is there and in the surrounding communities as it is in the state capital.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija: What is the name of your village,sir? How is it possible to have constant electricity in a village in Nigeria when there is no electricity for those in the rich urban areas? I need answers.

Thank you.

Most rural areas or villages as you term it in Nigeria have better electricity supply than the urban cities.

If you want to see a community with thatch or mud houses, I suggest some south western states or some remote parts of Ebonyi and Enugu states in south east.

The northern part of Nigeria also has a lot of thatch and mud houses with great architectural edifice.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Torch1(m): 9:22am On Jul 05, 2013
You guys get time for that e-diot...
He will never admit the truth even when it is starring at him.

He is one of those lunatics from South West, all their ideas & thinking are only base on their experience from South west.

I suggest you guys ignore the mo'ron.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 05, 2013
omongbatic:

Not only you. In my village in Abia State, we have no one in the fed govt at the moment, but light has been as constant as it is there and in the surrounding communities as it is in the state capital.
Huh! All Eastern villages now have constant electricity from the meagre power generation in the country. Most Nigerian population still live in the rural areas. That alone speaks volume about your stand on this matter.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 05, 2013
babyosisi:

Sorry I won't say
Maybe that explains it
Probably all the villages in the East have various powerful people in the government who are able to provide electricity for the whole region yet images coming out of that region are more or less disturbing. The roads are not far from outcry, the water supply is dead on stagnation, housing looks thatch homes, etc. It is surprising to be hearing about constant power supply from those who have family in their various villages.

I still doubt this claim though. I think it is just a show-off of something that is not there.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 05, 2013
Torch1: You guys get time for that e-diot...
He will never admit the truth even when it is starring at him.

He is one of those lunatics from South West, all their ideas & thinking are only base on their experience from South west.

I suggest you guys ignore the mo'ron.
It hurts to hear the truth,dude .
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by donigspain(m): 12:43pm On Jul 05, 2013
^^Ok, we've agreed to your stereotypes... Can you now leave us to our 'delusion'?
*I think this sums it up.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 05, 2013
donigspain: ^^Ok, we've agreed to your stereotypes... Can you now leave us to our 'delusion'?
*I think this sums it up.
I never said you are deluded nor stereotyping about Igbo villages. I am talking about the reality on ground. Those buildings are far from what is available in Eastern villages. That is a complete fact!

Please, post images of the villages you are talking about with evidences to prove them.

Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatim: 2:41pm On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija: I never said you are deluded nor stereotyping about Igbo villages. I am talking about the reality on ground. Those buildings are far from what is available in Eastern villages. That is a complete fact!

Please, post images of the villages you are talking about with evidences to prove them.

Thank you.

With all your rantings, one would have thought that by now you would have flooded this thread with photos of mud houses from villages in Igboland, Nigeria. What is stopping you from doing so? Could it be that you have searched far and wide and cannot find any?

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 05, 2013
omongbatim:

With all your rantings, one would have thought that by now you would have flooded this thread with photos of mud houses from villages in Igboland, Nigeria. What is stopping you from doing so? Could it be that you have searched far and wide and cannot find any?
I am at your service, sir. As long as you ask for them. The images below are as follow:

1. Image of Mbaise village,Imo State, Eastern Nigeria.

2. Image of Abiriba, Abia State, Eastern Nigeria. Mud house cover in different colors clothing.

3. Image of Agboji village, Abia State, Eastern Nigeria.

I will post more at your request.

Thank you.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatim: 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2013
^^^^^^Please provide the links to these photos. Thanks
How many mud houses are in there? How did you arrive at the statement that the houses are mud?

Dates when photos were taken?? Where are your aerial views?

Note that no one here claims Igbos never had mud houses. But as of today, there are few if any mud houses in Anambra, Abia and Imo. You could find a few in Enugu and certainly more in Ebonyi
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatim: 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2013
Until I see the link, I refuse to believe this is Igboland. Our girls don't dance naked in public

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatim: 3:39pm On Jul 05, 2013
This is not Igboland. More like Ibibio or some Niger Delta group. We do not wear bowler hats

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 05, 2013
When did we start to dance naked ? undecided
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatim: 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2013
This could be or not be in Igboland. But there is no house. What you see is a village street shed where someone sells some local gin or palm wine

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Abagworo(m): 3:41pm On Jul 05, 2013
omongbatim: Until I see the link, I refuse to believe this is Igboland. Our girls don't dance naked in public

It could be Edda in Ebonyi State. They have the culture which has dwindled in recent years. Traditionally, it symbolizes metamorphosis of girls into marrying age.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatim: 3:41pm On Jul 05, 2013
adaobi123: When did we start to dance naked ? undecided

Of course he is lying.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatim: 3:42pm On Jul 05, 2013
Abagworo:

It could be Edda in Ebonyi State. They have the culture which has dwindled in recent years. Traditionally, it symbolizes metamorphosis of girls into marrying age.

That is not how he described the village. Read his post again, he said Abriba, Abia State
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 05, 2013
omongbatim: Until I see the link, I refuse to believe this is Igboland. Our girls don't dance naked in public
This is an Igbo lady from a traditional background.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 05, 2013
omongbatim: This is not Igboland. More like Ibibio or some Niger Delta group. We do not wear bowler hats
That image is of Agbji in Abia State. They might all not likely be Igbo people but it is an image of Igbo village.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.