Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,968 members, 7,963,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 05:04 AM

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here - Culture (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here (145990 Views)

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatim: 3:57pm On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija: That image is of Agbji in Abia State. They might all not likely be Igbo people but it is an image of Igbo village.

Please post current picture of Igboland. Stop posting 1900 photos. Thank you.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatim: 3:58pm On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija: That image is of Agbji in Abia State. They might all not likely be Igbo people but it is an image of Igbo village.

Post the link where you got the photo from. What are you afraid of?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 05, 2013
omongbatim:

Please post current picture of Igboland. Stop posting 1900 photos. Thank you.
Which image is of 1900? You said Igbo girls don't dance nude then I pointed an image showing traditional side of that with an old image.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatim: 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija: Which image is of 1900? You said Igbo girls don't dance nude then I pointed an image showing traditional side of that with an old image.

Post the link okay!!!!!!
Until then, you are a big fat scammer and liar
Black and White photos belong in 1900. LWKMD
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
omongbatim:

Post the link okay!!!!!!
Until then, you are a big fat scammer and liar
What link are you asking for? Has any of you posted links to your false claimed village mansions?No. It is clear who the scams are.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatim: 4:11pm On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija: What link are you asking for? Has any of you posted links to your false claimed village mansions?No. It is clear who the scams are.

Hahahah! All those photos are from facebook.

Last week you posted photos of Igbo village in USA and wanted to pass them off as Igbo village in Nigeria. You got busted. Now you are scamming again.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatim: 4:14pm On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija: What link are you asking for? Has any of you posted links to your false claimed village mansions?No. It is clear who the scams are.

What village is Agbji in Igboland? grin grin

Assuming they are Igboland villages (at least two of them are suspect), in your three photos, can you point to anyone with a mud house?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by odumchi: 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2013
omongbatim: This is not Igboland. More like Ibibio or some Niger Delta group. We do not wear bowler hats

It's actually possible for that to be Abia. I recognize that masquerade as Okonko and the Igbo in the Ohafia-Aro-Edda area of Igboland wear bowler hats and dress somewhat similar to the Ibibio. However, I have never heard of "Agboji village".
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 05, 2013
omongbatim:

Hahahah! All those photos are from facebook.

Last week you posted photos of Igbo village in USA and wanted to pass them off as Igbo village in Nigeria. You got busted. Now you are scamming again.
Lol @ Igbo village in the USA passing for Nigeria's. Whatever that maybe there is clear evidence it is the village found in Igbo-land replicated over there.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 05, 2013
odumchi:

It's actually possible for that to be Abia. I recognize that masquerade as Okonko and the Igbo in the Ohafia-Aro-Edda area of Igboland wear bowler hats and dress somewhat similar to the Ibibio. However, I have never heard of "Agboji village".
Abiriba is made up of three main villages: Ameke, Agboji, & Amogudu(Making Abiriba looks more like a town to me than a village)

SOURCE
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by donigspain(m): 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2013
Why can't you guys just allow that troll to craze alone? Quoting him simply fans his ego. GIVE HIM THE IGNORE/SILENCE TREAT.

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2013
omongbatim:

What village is Agbji in Igboland? grin grin

Assuming they are Igboland villages (at least two of them are suspect), in your three photos, can you point to anyone with a mud house?
Lol...You know it's O missing in-between B and J to form Agboji village. You are looking for cheap excuse to support your erroneous comments about buildings in Igbo villages.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 05, 2013
donigspain: Why can't you guys just allow that troll to craze alone? Quoting him simply fans his ego. GIVE HIM THE IGNORE/SILENCE TREAT.
You seem to be angry when your bubble has been busted about the buildings found in Igbo villages. You know what I mean!
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatim: 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija: Abiriba is made up of three main villages: Ameke, Agboji, & Amogudu

SOURCE

Now we are arriving at something. Do you realize that aLL the early pictures of this thread posted by chris-od are from those Abriba villages?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by donigspain(m): 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2013
PLEASE DON'T QUOTE ME!!!
Igbos and your cave can never be the same. Only the defeated would like to draw all to the mud. We are light years ahead of your people in wisdom; erécting marvelous structures in our villages while helping to finish off the remaining dilapidated caves in your place.

2 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2013
omongbatim:

Now we are arriving at something. Do you realize that aLL the early pictures of this thread posted by chris-od are from those Abriba villages?
Eve though those pictures are from Abiriba, they aren't enough buildings in there to prove they are three villages. Ten or more suburb buildings cannot make up three villages. Those three villages even make Abiriba looks more like a town than a village to me. If we are to go by your claim. Is Abiriba the only village in the East?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 05, 2013
donigspain: PLEASE DON'T QUOTE ME!!!
Igbos and your cave can never be the same. Only the defeated would like to draw all to the mud. We are light years ahead of your people in wisdom; erécting marvelous structures in our villages while helping to finish up the remaining dilapidated caves in your place.
Then f**k off. I won't quote you again. And, stop calling me a troll.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by donigspain(m): 4:53pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hahaha, I never quoted you which logically means I never directly called you a troll. But it seems you sure do know you are a troll that's why you jumped into a remark that never contained your name. TROLL.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 05, 2013
I never said you quoted me either. It is clear you are a troublemaker! Bwahaha... TROUBLEMAKER!
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by donigspain(m): 5:06pm On Jul 05, 2013
1. Only a FÔÔL waltz into a trap!
I purposely wanted to test your intelligence that's why I never quoted nor included your name in my comments... and what did you do? You waltzed into the trap.
2. Who is the trouble-maker? This is OUR thread meant to celebrate OUR hardwork/wisdom as evidenced by the masterpiece buildings in OUR villages. Well-wishers from other regions came, saw and complimented but a particular TROUBLE-MAKER came, saw and felt bitter thus going about like a mad man TROLLING.

3 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2013
To my amazement somebody is calling his foolishness intelligence. What more do we expect from a primitive man idea calling it intelligence? grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by donigspain(m): 5:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
TROLL (Internet)
In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by trying to start arguments and upset people.
Source: wikipedia
You are a TROLL with low self esteem...
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by bigfrancis21: 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija:
I am at your service, sir. As long as you ask for them. The images below are as follow:

1. Image of Mbaise village,Imo State, Eastern Nigeria.

2. Image of Abiriba, Abia State, Eastern Nigeria. Mud house cover in different colors clothing.

3. Image of Agboji village, Abia State, Eastern Nigeria.

I will post more at your request.

Thank you.

All what you posted up there are complete fallacy!

The number one image is not Igboland or igbo people. The dressing of the women is not and never the way women living in the village dress. Those people look more like south-west women. Especially the woman in carton colour dressing. That is the typical SW dressing. Igbo women hardly dress that way.

Number 2 image Is a big fat lie. No group in modern Igbo land still dress half-unclad. Never. Not even the wawa people of Enugu.

Number three image is the Niger delta people! The gown + wrapper style of dressing for male elders is not and has never been an Igbo way of dressing. That way of dressing is found among the Niger Delta (especially the Ijaw, Ibibio, Efik, Urhobo).

Its very clear you're using these fake made-up images to fan your ego and promote your bias.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatim: 5:36pm On Jul 05, 2013
all4naija: Eve though those pictures are from Abiriba, they aren't enough buildings in there to prove they are three villages. Ten or more suburb buildings cannot make up three villages. Those three villages even make Abiriba looks more like a town than a village to me. If we are to go by your claim. Is Abiriba the only village in the East?

We have several pictures of Abriba villages many of them aerial. You have photos of other villages in Anambra, Abia Imo and Ebonyi. All on this thread. This is a fair representation of Igbo rurality

You posted three photos (two of which are fake) and want to claim they represent Igbo villages. Aren't you a sham?
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatim: 5:38pm On Jul 05, 2013
bigfrancis21:

All what you posted up there are complete fallacy!

The number one image is not Igboland or igbo people. The dressing of the women is not and never the way women living in the village dress. Those people look more like south-west women. Especially the woman in carton colour dressing. That is the typical SW dressing. Igbo women hardly dress that way.

Number 2 image Is a big fat lie. No group in modern Igbo land still dress half-unclad. Never. Not even the wawa people of Enugu.

Number three image is the Niger delta people! The gown + wrapper style of dressing for male elders is not and has never been an Igbo way of dressing. That way of dressing is found among the Niger Delta (especially the Ijaw, Ibibio, Efik, Urhobo).

Its very clear you're using these fake made-up images to fan your ego and promote your bias.

Hahahah! I asked him for the links and he would not provide them. He is FAKE

1 Like

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by eagleeye2: 5:47pm On Jul 05, 2013
Why are some people filled with so much bitterness whenever Igbos try to bring up positive topics about Igbos.
All the South Western people criticizing Ndi Igbo in this very wonderful thread, I say "SHAME ON YOU".
If you abhor good things of Life, may the Good Things of Life never be your portion. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatim: 6:01pm On Jul 05, 2013
Agboji Village Abriba, Abia State

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatim: 6:26pm On Jul 05, 2013
odumchi:

There is indeed an Agboji village in Abriba
In addition to the bowler hat, take a look at their wrappers and shirts/suits. There is nothing Igbotic in them for a cultural event.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Malawian(m): 6:38pm On Jul 05, 2013
the first picture is definitely igboland. a good look at the assembled women will tell you so, however what is behind them is a palm wine bar.

the second picture is not igboland. first of all, you cant find igbo girls dancing in the nude, moreover, the high number of unclad kids certainly puts paid to such insinuation.

the third picture is absolutely not igboland as there are far too numerous "resource control" harts in the picture.
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatim: 6:40pm On Jul 05, 2013
Malawian: the first picture is definitely igboland. a good look at the assembled women will tell you so, however what is behind them is a palm wine bar.

the second picture is not igboland. first of all, you cant find igbo girls dancing in the nude, moreover, the high number of unclad kids certainly puts paid to such insinuation.

the third picture is absolutely not igboland as there are far too numerous "resource control" harts in the picture.

Exactly what I also said
Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 05, 2013
My dear we have other tribes similar to d igbo culture eg ibibios,efik,kalabari,ikwerre and so many especially in delta and rivers so calm down and take panadol b4 u kill urself with envy for igbo pple! We had mud houses in d 80's but not now cuz even d poorest man can afford cement block to build atleast a room and palor 4 his family!
all4naija: This is an Igbo lady from a traditional background.

Re: Post your photos of Igbo village houses here by omongbatim: 6:44pm On Jul 05, 2013
peppy luv: My dear we have other tribes similar to d igbo culture eg ibibios,efik,kalabari,ikwerre and so many especially in delta and rivers so calm down and take panadol b4 u kill urself with envy for igbo pple! We had mud houses in d 80's but not now cuz even d poorest man can afford cement block to build atleast a room and palor 4 his family!

He is afraid to produce the link for verification. Apart from that this is an old picture (likely more than 50 years old), not current.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (37) (Reply)

How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.