Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,610 members, 7,972,245 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 07:21 AM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (266388 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 16, 2013
What are the different sizes of the bedrooms? They seem to look small.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by sayso: 12:02pm On Jul 16, 2013
segcy.moor:

..The philosophy of believe states that: Once u believe in something or someone, u will remain blind to argument against it....abeg go to sleep and let the Spyder answer.
Don't worry about me,just worry about the big shouting of Amen when your pastor will tell you about your coming contract when you are not yet registered as a contractor.foolishness abound in the minds of some you know.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Ymodulus: 12:23pm On Jul 16, 2013
spyder880:

A 1500mmx1700mm window is positioned right at the end of the passage.
hmm.. OK. but pls where is the north and where is the window?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by bugmenot: 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2013
prince_onx:
I am one of those folks you're talking about. Project already at roofing level with first two flats downstairs completed and occupied. You are also 100% right on the process being crazy! Mine in the US (deeds of assignment/title) took about 21 days from processing all the way to delivery in the mail and all the paperwork was done and signed between me, my realtor and my bank rep in less than 2 hours.

My bother, so long as there are no serious controversies on the land and the sale is well documented I think you are very safe. I hear there is also a ratification process for folks who have built already, but it's also riddled with bureaucratic bottlenecks. Just bear in mind that it has to be done someday, hopefully there will be an improved process in place then.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by princeonx: 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2013
all4naija: What are the different sizes of the bedrooms? They seem to look small.
Guy its too early to smoke whatever you're on! Are you at the site or on your computer? I don't know what they call it where you're from but here on Earth we call it pictures and they tend to be smaller than the real object, person, or house/project. It won't fit on your 14" monitor if its the real structure!
Bottom line, I don't know what problem you have with Spyder, NL, or anybody here but you seem to always trying to start something! And don't even tell me its a simply question cux its a d*€% one.

6 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by princeonx: 2:33pm On Jul 16, 2013
Emperoh: Hey guys,

Are we not derailing this topic?

Can we set up a thread discussing the land documentation topic and enlist Lawyer's help?
I Agree with you so guys lets face the original topic at least as soon as teacher Spyder post a reply!

@Kopell: yes, mine is federal (Aboru and if I recall very well the only thing I did at Alausa was the Survey, everything else is done or sent to The federal office in VI.
Thanks for the call too and shading more light on this.

Hope we answered some of your question (guy asking of fees/payments?) if not, lawyer has an already existing topic/thread here that did.

Now back to the original topic! Spyder where are you oh?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 16, 2013
Ymodulus:
hmm.. OK. but pls where is the north and where is the window?
Hmm see question!
This one pass external examiner for Phd thesis defence o
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:45pm On Jul 16, 2013
The wood workers stepped in today, this is their own turn to showcase their skills which made me to carry them across two states to PH grin

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
Then they started....

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
This was before the storm that wiped off 4 solid hours from our work today,

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
Port Harcourt rains don't seem to give too much warnings, but this one did. The only positives I took from today's work was the doggedness of the boys, some of them braved the rains that was pouring and kept on pouring concrete in the pillars and lintels without stop. I silently saluted their bravery. This picture was taken as the rains were pounding.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
After the rains, we continued

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:56pm On Jul 16, 2013
From the back...

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:59pm On Jul 16, 2013
stand it firm guys, rock steady, yess! just like that cheesy

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
we continued to move...

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:03pm On Jul 16, 2013
This was where we stopped today, tomorrow we continue on different fronts, see you tomorrow. Gnight folks cheesy

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Osama10(m): 10:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
The speed is wonderful. cool
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 10:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
spyder880: This was where we stopped today, tomorrow we continue on different fronts, see you tomorrow. Gnight folks cheesy

Waoh . . . Who say money no good.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by lawali: 11:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
spyder880: This was where we stopped today, tomorrow we continue on different fronts, see you tomorrow. Gnight folks cheesy
Spyder welldone for good job and keeping on track. Ur masion has overtaken mine at this stage. When money talks, idea will keep quiet. But,I observed most of the windows are one coach from DPC (hope am right). Why are they built that way? I know in the past window starts from 4 coaches from DPC and gradually reduced to 3 for better ventillation. Is it that the window is now down to one coach? Apart from no privacy, is it really safe?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 2:09am On Jul 17, 2013
spyder880: Port Harcourt rains don't seem to give too much warnings, but this one did. The only positives I took from today's work was the doggedness of the boys, some of them braved the rains that was pouring and kept on pouring concrete in the pillars and lintels without stop. I silently saluted their bravery. This picture was taken as the rains were pounding.

I salute them too.. good hardworking dedicated workers, and also that means you treat them very well.. God bless them. Keep doing the good work.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by jerryben12: 3:26am On Jul 17, 2013

You have done well

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:46am On Jul 17, 2013
lawali: Spyder welldone for good job and keeping on track. Ur masion has overtaken mine at this stage. When money talks, idea will keep quiet. But,I observed most of the windows are one coach from DPC (hope am right). Why are they built that way? I know in the past window starts from 4 coaches from DPC and gradually reduced to 3 for better ventillation. Is it that the window is now down to one coach? Apart from no privacy, is it really safe?

I like the long window design, apart from ensuring better illumination in a country where electric power is not stable, it looks grand when you view it from the outside. Privacy? Long thick curtains. Safety? Strong burglary proofs.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 17, 2013
Oga spyder, nice work and progress (especially with bracing the storm, that's PH for you. Soon you will be having 10 hrs steady drizzling...how man wan do?)

Pls, I noticed that the storm water pipes (100mm) isn't covered. Pls use cellophane or even used cement bags to secure them. Especially now that you have started concrete work. You wouldn't want debris in your pipes and your plumbers won't complain when they come in to finish the piping work.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Adedeji250: 7:42am On Jul 17, 2013
Busy body. Carrying someone's overload. Agbaya!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Adedeji250: 7:45am On Jul 17, 2013
prince_onx:
Guy its too early to smoke whatever you're on! Are you at the site or on your computer? I don't know what they call it where you're from but here on Earth we call it pictures and they tend to be smaller than the real object, person, or house/project. It won't fit on your 14" monitor if its the real structure!
Bottom line, I don't know what problem you have with Spyder, NL, or anybody here but you seem to always trying to start something! And don't even telling me its a simply question cux its a d*€% one.
Adedeji250: Busy body. Carrying someone's overload. Agbaya!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 7:47am On Jul 17, 2013
clue: Oga spyder, nice work and progress (especially with bracing the storm, that's PH for you. Soon you will be having 10 hrs steady drizzling...how man wan do?)

Pls, I noticed that the storm water pipes (100mm) isn't covered. Pls use cellophane or even used cement bags to secure them. Especially now that you have started concrete work. You wouldn't want debris in your pipes and your plumbers won't complain when they come in to finish the piping work.

The pipes are all covered, except for the outlet behind the house. I will cover that now, thanks.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Beulah09: 10:14am On Jul 17, 2013
Anyone used hollow clay pot for making slabs? Is it cheaper than the normal concrete slab or decking?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 12:48pm On Jul 17, 2013
Rain rain rain!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Marpol: 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2013
spyder880: Rain rain rain!

Bros employ the services of a rain holder
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by ashaju33: 1:10pm On Jul 17, 2013
well done
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 1:36pm On Jul 17, 2013

Go away, come again another day, mighty Spyder wanna build! grin grin grin
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Okijajuju1(m): 1:50pm On Jul 17, 2013

Ichie Spyder..

I think you need my services now... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.