Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,938 members, 7,873,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:45 AM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (264838 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:13am On Sep 15, 2013
mufutau55: Oga Spyder.. Update photos from my Mens Quarter on the installation of my Amoula Ceiling PVC is on this thread below (Page 15 towards the end). Thanks for all your help on the selection decision.

https://www.nairaland.com/1208866/building-3-bedroom-bungalow-apocalypse/15

Hajji Mufutau

I will surely go look it up my man.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:16am On Sep 15, 2013
Ike_77503: Oga Spyder, I hail OooO. I have tacitly followed your thread but thought it will be noble of me, your " student " to commend you for a job well done so far. Bros, If I say I no dey addicted to your thread, make God no punish people wey say NIGERIA no get great minds ! what you are doing is Unprecedented. I have shared your thread with God knows how many people including my foreign friends...they so much appreciated the knowledge gained. I thank You.

Thank you my man, but the truth is that I could not have achieved anything if not for the support and encouragement you people give me. I thank you all once again and promise to continue working hard to satisfy more people.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:51am On Sep 15, 2013
some plumbing works in this house

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:52am On Sep 15, 2013
internal works in one of the rooms

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:53am On Sep 15, 2013
Testing the look of our chosen color on the roof.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 2:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
spyder880:
Thank you my man, but the truth is that I could not have achieved anything if not for the support and encouragement you people give me. I thank you all once again and promise to continue working hard to satisfy more people.

And my brother, you have been doing an excellent job in house building, and taking your time to teach novice students like us.
You are one of those that makes me get addicted to Nairaland, and Property Forum especially.. Please keep up the good work.

Thanks for checking out my Amoula Ceiling PVC installation thread.. God bless you and your family.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by amarilo: 2:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
What's the cost of the roofing wood bro.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Numerouuuno: 6:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
Spyder880,welldone
Its somehow funny to M̶̲̥̅Ƹ that we build houses and later on start breaking blocks cos of electrical and plumbing works.
Is there N̶̲̥̅̊☺ other way around this?
Because its kinda looks odd to mee!
NB:its not only this buillding I've noticed,its just done everywhere.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 7:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
Numero uuuno: Spyder880,welldone
Its somehow funny to M̶̲̥̅Ƹ that we build houses and later on start breaking blocks cos of electrical and plumbing works.

Most times its because choices and positions of important facilities planned for the house cannot be clear till the final stages of a house, by which time all block works are done, thereby prompting the breaking of blocks. Lots of adjustments could be made in the final stages of a building.

To me, its a less worry to break blocks to pass pipes, than to pass pipes in concrete and start to chisel the concrete to change the position of a fitting/home appliance/unit. This will also damage the pipe already cast in concrete.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Numerouuuno: 7:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
spyder880:

Most times its because choices and positions of important facilities planned for the house cannot be clear till the final stages of a house, by which time all block works are done, thereby prompting the breaking of blocks. Lots of adjustments could be made in the final stages of a building.

To me, its a less worry to break blocks to pass pipes, than to pass pipes in concrete and start to chisel the concrete to change the position of a fitting/home appliance/unit. This will also damage the pipe already cast in concrete.
okay,so its a case of choosing the better good!!!
Understood sir

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by twinskenny(m): 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
Numero uuuno: Spyder880,welldone

Sometime is unavoidable.. but then i always advice client to always ask for both electrical and mechanical design of the structure..and also the low voltage part.. this will help in determine right sizes of pipes and conduit route..

@OgaSpydder.. weldone.. job going on smoothly

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by princeonx: 3:42am On Sep 16, 2013
all4naija: Wow! The safety of that building is scary!
Enemy of progress! E be like say you don escape again! They should've used chain instead of rope! Smh
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by princeonx: 3:47am On Sep 16, 2013
spyder880:

Wichtech has about 3 major classes of roofing sheets, the shingles cost about N5,400 for each sqm, the classic (pictured above) costs N3,480 while the Milano costs about N3,300. I will send a close shot of the sheet sample on top of the roof later this evening.

n
And they're all made in New Zealand? Abi Chinco too dey do am? Are they (shingles, classic, & milano) all the same design as in shape, colour? How about quality? Which is better out of the three?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by esoorita: 10:03am On Sep 16, 2013
Ike_77503: Oga Spyder, I hail OooO. I have tacitly followed your thread but thought it will be noble of me, your " student " to commend you for a job well done so far. Bros, If I say I no dey addicted to your thread, make God no punish people wey say NIGERIA no get great minds ! what you are doing is Unprecedented. I have shared your thread with God knows how many people including my foreign friends...they so much appreciated the knowledge gained. I thank You.
Spyder, I'm sure that you will be chuffed tremendously by all the encomiums being poured on you but you should take it in your stride because you truly deserve it. Of all the builders on Nairaland, you are 'first among equals' and you should strife to continue to be so. I'm as always, impressed by the speed and competence with which you executed this project. You are a blessing to all of us on Nairaland property forum. May the good Lord continue to guide you in your chosen field of which you have become a genius. I am in the process of contacting Buckingham Palace to award this worthy Commonwealth citizen an OBE (OFFICER OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE) because you deserve it more than many that were conferred!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:44am On Sep 16, 2013
esoorita:
Spyder, I'm sure that you will be chuffed tremendously by all the encomiums being poured on you but you should take it in your stride because you truly deserve it. Of all the builders on Nairaland, you are 'first among equals' and you should strife to continue to be so. I'm as always, impressed by the speed and competence with which you executed this project. You are a blessing to all of us on Nairaland property forum. May the good Lord continue to guide you in your chosen field of which you have become a genius. I am in the process of contacting Buckingham Palace to award this worthy Commonwealth citizen an OBE (OFFICER OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE) because you deserve it more than many that were conferred!

Who sabi me for Britain! grin. Thank you all the same bro. You give us the strength to do more.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by CU123: 10:07pm On Sep 16, 2013
I was informed of Spyder's thread by a friend and have been following a number of his projects. Very informative, honest and transparent postings so decided to join Nairaland just to be more involved. Very commendable Mr Spyder!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
CU123: I was informed of Spyder's thread by a friend and have been following a number of his projects. Very informative, honest and transparent postings so decided to join Nairaland just to be more involved. Very commendable Mr Spyder!

Wow! You are most welcome. Be rest assured that we must continue to try our best in doing the right things while doing things right. The journey is just about to begin, lets stay around and enjoy our upcoming projects. Welcome once more.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:31pm On Sep 16, 2013
Some plastering works from today's files.......

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
Some lines......

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:37pm On Sep 16, 2013
The most surprising thing about these set of guys handling this plastering work is that they are so young, 22 years average and still so skilled? The walls were looking like they have been screeded already cheesy

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 12:18am On Sep 17, 2013
Hard to close my mouth with the speed of work on these sites . . .
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by lordnammy(m): 1:56am On Sep 17, 2013
Oga spyder we Nigerians aяε̲ grateful on how u aяε̲ training us all I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †ђξ act O̶̷̊͡ƒ building both skilled A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ unskilled alike, I will want to know like how many square metre of †ђξ roofing materials displayed above will Ȋ̝̊̅† take to complete an average duplex like this †ђat we could manipulate †ђξ cost
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 2:13am On Sep 17, 2013
spyder880: The most surprising thing about these set of guys handling this plastering work is that they are so young, 22 years average and still so skilled? The walls were looking like they have been screeded already cheesy

Good plastering work...

Note: My writing/posting access was restricted for few days in Properties Forum by Nairaland, not sure why.. but I am back now...

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by princeonx: 2:29am On Sep 17, 2013
prince_onx:
And they're all made in New Zealand? Abi Chinco too dey do am? Are they (shingles, classic, & milano) all the same design as in shape, colour? How about quality? Which is better out of the three?
Still waiting for your answer Spyder!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by jerryben12: 6:04am On Sep 17, 2013
Good job Spyder
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:45am On Sep 17, 2013
prince_onx:

Sorry for the delay, I was actually hoping to answer these questions with pictures or images to show the difference in the three types available. Will try again tonight.

AHI roofing tiles, Gerrard roofing and Wichtech brands are all sister companies or allies since Wichtech carries all three brands in Nigeria. I have seen some of their products imported from Germany, Sweden and Switzerland not only from New Zealand. I will look at the catalogue they gave me and provide more information later. Thanks.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by CU123: 4:51pm On Sep 17, 2013
Beautiful plastering job! What is the colour of the roofing sheets called? Are you able to give the cost for the labour for plastering for this project?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by thosedays: 5:07pm On Sep 17, 2013
Tested and trusted spyder i salute you my brother, please give your students cost update cheesy
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:54pm On Sep 17, 2013
CU123: Beautiful plastering job! What is the colour of the roofing sheets called? Are you able to give the cost for the labour for plastering for this project?

The labour cost for;

the entire plastering of the inside and outside of this house, up and down, dressing of edges, corners, dressing of doors, dressing of windows, skirting with cement, wall edge design, marked block design, all gbogbo ti gbogbo (learning yoruba language) and the under decks is billed at N650,000.00 cool
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2013
spyder880:

The labour cost for;

the entire plastering of the inside and outside of this house, up and down, dressing of edges, corners, dressing of doors, dressing of windows, skirting with cement, wall edge design, marked block design, all gbogbo ti gbogbo (learning yoruba language) and the under decks is billed at N650,000.00 cool

Oga Spyderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . . . You go make people commit oh, Nice price
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:59pm On Sep 17, 2013
thosedays: Tested and trusted spyder i salute you my brother, please give your students cost update cheesy

I will try to arrange my expense sheets later, thanks for coming around.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 7:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
jerryben12: Good job Spyder

Thank you Sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.