Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,962 members, 7,922,376 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 05:40 AM

After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? (23559 Views)

One of the greatest African Leaders/president :Thomas Sankara / Who Is The Greatest African Leader Since Independence? / Zik Was The Greatest African, Ojukwu Was The Greatest Igbo - Domkat Bali (north) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by dad007(m): 6:34pm On Jun 26, 2013
Is definitly JJ Rawlins
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by REVOLUTNIS: 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2013
Dr. Peter Odili
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2013
Mandela,chinua Achebe, obasanjo,mo Ibrahim, Lan Michael,aliko dangote, Oliver tambo........unfortunately deer are few greatly outstanding people in Africa.....whereas in America we can comfortably list over 100 of them without question.........it is a leadership and value question.
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by tibidokun: 6:39pm On Jun 26, 2013
Aside any bias it is going to be pastor E O Adeboye. because of his world recognition.
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Toosure70: 6:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
Orikinla: What makes Mandela the greatest African alive?
plz tell the mu(2) to give us just three points
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Toosure70: 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2013
dad007: Is definitly JJ Rawlins
abi jj rawlins killed rich people then but he is now richer than them. Hisssssssssssssssssssss
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by otenku: 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2013
Wole Soyinka!
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by BMZK: 6:53pm On Jun 26, 2013
Hi highness Ado Bayero sultan of Kano
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by riteprice1: 6:57pm On Jun 26, 2013
Aliko dangote is the undisputed champion.
We talking money here, you talking nonsense.
closely followed by arch. Desmond tutu and cardinal arinze.
Others mentioned are still upcoming.
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by emmasege: 6:58pm On Jun 26, 2013
OBJ comes to mind esaily, for those with objective minds. He's well respected across the Sub-saharan and is still a household name in most African nations even 6 years after his exit. If u want to check out the popularity of OBJ, visit other African nations and interact with fellow Africans. I remember a kenyan asking if i was related to Baba some years ago when i visited E/africa. on my visit to Ghana, a military officer also asked "how is obasanjo?". All the same, my prayer for Mandiba is that he uses this last moment to prepare his soul to make heaven.

3 Likes

Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by emmasege: 7:00pm On Jun 26, 2013
We are not talking of local champions, pls. The paramount ruler of Swaziland is even more popular than this man, and so are many African traditional rulers.
BMZK: Hi highness Ado Bayero sultan of Kano
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by NellyGhenghen(m): 7:05pm On Jun 26, 2013
Nelson GHENGHEN grin
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by trappatoni(m): 7:12pm On Jun 26, 2013
potential candidates are desmond tutu,wole soyinka,kofi anan,george weah,emeka anyaouku and my humble self
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by dnawah(m): 7:13pm On Jun 26, 2013
Seun,to whom Nairaland belongeth to,with all right reserved,D
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by dnawah(m): 7:14pm On Jun 26, 2013
Seun,to whom Nairaland belongeth to,with all right reserved,D if him refuse then i go tak amgrin

1 Like

Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Miles78(f): 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2013
Welder: Without a doubt...it has to be ROBERT MUGABE,... the man solely confronted all the western countries and threw thier allies outta Zimbabwe
Mugabe sold his.people. The day u will set ur foot in Harare and buy a loaf of bread for 10 USD , u will know what I mean.

2 Likes

Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Boboedom: 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
OBJ for me
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Sirnokiopee(m): 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
ttg2u
Didi Love: Wole Soyinka - the CB of T
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Newborn22: 7:19pm On Jun 26, 2013
Ojujwu is the next.
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2013
Philip emeagweli,the father of the internet.
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by victorazy(m): 7:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
I think is Obasenjo grin grin grin
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Diesel1(m): 7:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
Wole soyinka noni
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by NosaHenry(m): 7:32pm On Jun 26, 2013
In terms of global influence and respect its certainly kofi Anna
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Sundahjoe(m): 7:33pm On Jun 26, 2013
Im surprised nobody mentioned Dangote, i think he should be among the list too. He has touch so many lives through weath by providing employments for youths in africa.

1 Like

Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Sundahjoe(m): 7:34pm On Jun 26, 2013
Im surprised nobody mentioned Dangote, i think he should be among the list too. He has touch so many lives through his wealth by providing employments for youths and graduates in africa.

1 Like

Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by chiefololade: 7:35pm On Jun 26, 2013
Samuel Eto'o
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by ceejay4real(m): 7:36pm On Jun 26, 2013
Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu is the greatest African dat ever lived. Next are: Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Kwame Nkrumah, Capt. Thomas Sankara, Steve Biko, Emperor Haile Selassie, Abdel Nasser, Anwar Sadat, Chinua Achebe & Houphet Boigny in dat order. Talking abt d greatest African dat is alive 2day after ''Madiba'', IMHO it is.......... Jerry Rawlings of Ghana.
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by ignis: 7:36pm On Jun 26, 2013
DIM CHUKWUEMEKA OJUKWU
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Kuulsay: 7:43pm On Jun 26, 2013
His Excellency Alhaji Ibrahim Shekau
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by Capnd143(m): 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2013
Like it or leave, i vote 4 Aliko Dangote
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by readonenaire(m): 7:53pm On Jun 26, 2013
4Willywilly: Kwame Nkrumah
pls go over ayi kwei armah's "the beautiful ones are not yet born"
Re: After Mandela, Who Is The Next Greatest African Alive? by tayokem(m): 7:54pm On Jun 26, 2013
slimghost: The Jagbajanti of Lagos, Emperor Bola Tinubu himself. sad sad sad sad sad
Jagbajantii indeed. Very selfish man. His first daughter is the new iya loja of Nigeria. Hhe'sa coming close to d Saraki Empire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What General Buhari Must Do To Fix Power In Nigeria / Abdulmumin Jibrin And 30 Lawyers In Court To Challenge His Suspension (Photo) / They Have Stolen Our Presidential, Guber Mandates - LP's Kenneth Okonkwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.