Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,906 members, 7,966,360 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 01:16 PM

Shoprite Opens In Ibadan - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shoprite Opens In Ibadan (35575 Views)

When Shoprite Opens In Igbo Land (graphic Picture) / Nizamiye Hospital Opens In Abuja(pictures) / Intercontinental Hotel Opens In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by jibsai(m): 12:28pm On Jun 30, 2013
LmaO, I have bin followin dz thread! Walai e funny die...enugu, asaba, Ph evn abk dey vex 4 ib shoPritewell, shopRite has started making money since thursday! With heavy discount on their products 4 d 1st 10days, it is only normal to hav heavy crowd! They are well prepared 4 dat so y all d B.S some peeps are writin! For d records none of you own a share in d company, ibadan peeps we jst wanna buy and spend our money in return we get our goods and be sure shoprite will contribute to d socio-economic life of ibadan...soon dem go dey sponsor events, share gift, do promos and parties...welcome to ibadan SHoprite wish u all d best!!! "E ti ri nkankan" ibadan o gbe wa o (amin)

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by eaglechild: 3:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
IYA NGBALI: what do you mean by low quality crowd?is your entire generation better than them?empty veSsel makes the loudest noise,go get a life,you are not in anyway beter than any of those people,stop hating.
Iyaa relax now.
Na so e pain u reach, person no fit play again.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by ketoprofen(m): 4:44pm On Jun 30, 2013
ilugunboy: Who is calling Enugu here? That red earth and dull city?

Just like any city in the East, a civil servant city...except probably Aba and Osha.

And ibadan is what? A poverty stricken place where the indigenes claim all though own nothing, keep it going, man.

still lmao at the ciiviliation talk, i guess the white man that even brought civilization to nigeria is living in those type of ibadanhouses. in fact, fashola, OBJ, and even the governors live in those kind of houses, abi dem no follow for culture preservation and civilization? lol

Am calling Enugu here, i nu la?
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 30, 2013
ketoprofen:

And ibadan is what? A poverty stricken place where the indigenes claim all though own nothing, keep it going, man.

still lmao at the ciiviliation talk, i guess the white man that even brought civilization to nigeria is living in those type of ibadanhouses. in fact, fashola, OBJ, and even the governors live in those kind of houses, abi dem no follow for culture preservation and civilization? lol

I've avoided people like you here well enough because you've not been making an iota of sense since I first noticed you...you been making noise all over the forum without really making sense out of your noise.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Dotman01(m): 7:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
ketoprofen:

wetin dey worry this village boy.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Rossikk(m): 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2013
delpee:

The rusted roofs show early development.

Perhaps. But they also show a distinct lack of aesthetic sense among the govt and people of the state.

It really wouldn't hurt to re-roof those houses using modern materials as opposed to corrugated iron, in some sort of state-led public program.

A dash of paint on the houses wouldn't go amiss either.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by funnyx(m): 8:24pm On Jun 30, 2013
Rossikk:

They also show a lack of aesthetic sense among the govt and people.

It really wouldn't hurt to re-roof those houses using modern materials as opposed to corrugated iron, in some sort of state-led program.

Why can't you people mind your own business? Have they re-roof all the houses in your own town with modern materials? What kind of people are less concerned about the beam in their eyes but spend all their energy criticising someone with a speck in his eyes?

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by eaglechild: 8:34pm On Jun 30, 2013
Rossikk:

Perhaps. But they also show a distinct lack of aesthetic sense among the govt and people.

It really wouldn't hurt to re-roof those houses using modern materials as opposed to corrugated iron, in some sort of state-led public program.

This is what baffles me.
How is rusted iron historic?
Poverty is now historic.
Poverty is a scourge that should be expunged from our vicinity.

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Crayola1: 8:56pm On Jun 30, 2013
^^
grin
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 30, 2013
eaglechild:
This is what baffles me.
How is rusted iron historic?
Poverty is now historic.
Poverty is a scourge that should be expunged from our vicinity.
Have you found out if those rusted roofs have leakages? Don't bother yourself, they don't. The nature of the SW makes it possible for corrugated iron roofing sheets to be in use for up to 30 years without leakages. This is unlike the SS and parts of the SE with acidic rain. Why should a Yoruba man in Ibadan change his roofs when there are no leakages? Ask somebody that is learned to tell you the meaning of "necessity is the mother of invention."

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by delpee(f): 10:38pm On Jun 30, 2013
nuclearboy:

I think you'd be surprised if you knew just how many "oldies" are here! The tribal slant here plus the all too common insultive posts keep most quiet!

Kingsway meatpie and coke were a staple returning to Command Bode-Igbo, Goftie (GCI), Queens Apata and ISI in the early eighties!

Reminds me of my school QSI and our neighbors GCI. Great schools indeed!

I also find all the tribal stuff by the younger generation on NL annoying. We never bothered about tribes those days. It was more of
'Though tribes and tongues may differ, in brotherhood we stand' (the old Naija anthem).
And the insults? Quite amazing! Reason why I read a lot and comment on few. Its sad that most of our youth seem to see everything on tribal basis -no
objectivity. Its difficult having a meaningful chat with people who are heavily biased and ever ready to insult others.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by eaglechild: 11:49pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Have you found out if those rusted roofs have leakages? Don't bother yourself, they don't. The nature of the SW makes it possible for corrugated iron roofing sheets to be in use for up to 30 years without leakages. This is unlike the SS and parts of the SE with acidic rain. Why should a Yoruba man in Ibadan change his roofs when there are no leakages? Ask somebody that is learned to tell you the meaning of "necessity is the mother of invention."
The thatch roofs were not leaking either.
To be honest thatch roofs are a greener technology, i wonder why we did away with them, they are even more historic.
wink

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by pazienza(m): 4:12am On Jul 01, 2013
ketoprofen: i don die! laughing out loud at all the comments.

d guy putting up GdP Fgures should go and sit down because yorubas cant lay claim to more than 10 per cent of it, the GDP is thanks to those foreign firms of which shoprite is going to be among soon. the CBN has introduced cashless economy in only Abuja and 5 other states of the nation because these areas house 90% of the cash flow in nigeria- Abia, Anambra, Port Harcourt,Kano.where is a yoruba state? if u even look at all these states mentioned , u find out that igbos are heavily involved in all of them.

u ppl dont even have shame. none of the yoruba cities can match up to enugu and owerri, at all in terms of any city aspect,so u guys should quit trying bringing up justifications for poverty.

This is the knock out blow. Abuja,Abia,Anambra,Ph and kano.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 4:56am On Jul 01, 2013
eaglechild:
The thatch roofs were not leaking either.
To be honest thatch roofs are a greener technology, i wonder why we did away with them, they are even more historic.
wink
You've not answered my question.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by EkoIle1: 5:30am On Jul 01, 2013
Rossikk:

Perhaps. But they also show a distinct lack of aesthetic sense among the govt and people of the state.

Some have zero value and respect for their history and heritage, but we do hence marking this part of Yoruba land as historical sites with laws designed to protect and preserve what you think we should get rid of.

This is part of our historical heritage and our rich past, it's an asset and not a liability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n7hA-NDMWA&list=PL0E69C16BC29DA18C&index=1
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by EkoIle1: 5:41am On Jul 01, 2013
That's Lagbaja representing and displaying the same old charm in his video with pride.

This is what we must preserve for many generations to come. They must have access to their past and history just like Lagbaja.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by amiskurie(m): 9:54am On Jul 01, 2013
cherrykim:
let us know your state.(Not your current residence, i mean your parents' state of origin) cheesy cheesy grin grin
I am lagosian and ma parents frm ikirun osun state.I like ikirun bt lagos is where the heart lies!.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Olaone1: 9:59am On Jul 01, 2013
amiskurie:
I am lagosian and ma parents frm ikirun osun state.I like ikirun bt lagos is where the heart lies!.
Yoe see your life. Why not stay in your Ikirun?
You guys gave us Tokyo in Ibadan. Tokyo is from Ikirun. Imagine. Ikirun dey talk.
Ikirun? Ikirun? Ikirun. I dey laugh oo
grin grin grin
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by amiskurie(m): 10:04am On Jul 01, 2013
Ola one:
You guys gave us Tokyo in Ibadan. Tokyo is from Ikirun. Imagine. Ikirun dey talk.
grin grin grin
don't let me command ur teeth to start falling. grin cool
did I ever claim to be frm somewhere else if nt lagos.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Olaone1: 10:06am On Jul 01, 2013
amiskurie:
don't let me command ur teeth to start falling. grin cool
did I ever claim to be frm somewhere else if nt lagos.
grin grin
No mind me jare.
We love Tokyo.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by amiskurie(m): 10:11am On Jul 01, 2013
Ola one:
grin grin grin
u no dey shame,one man came all the way frm osun dey sheperd una like sheep.buh sorry to say o,where una daddy(s)go? grin
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by citizenisb: 10:27am On Jul 01, 2013
Hedge funds are pulling money from emerging markets. Buy DOLLARS to save your cash from an upcoming Naira devaluation
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Olaone1: 10:44am On Jul 01, 2013
amiskurie:
u no dey shame,one man came all the way frm osun dey sheperd una like sheep.buh sorry to say o,where una daddy(s)go? grin
We love Tokyo. We made him. Today he's known as Alhaji Tear Rubber all thanks to Ibadan. He is is the richest Ikirun man. the pride of Ikirun. grin grin

He wouldn't have achieved shiiiiit had he stayed in Ikirun. grin grin

Ibadan: helping people to achieve their dreams since Cerutti days cheesy cheesy
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Olaone1: 11:30am On Jul 01, 2013
amiskurie:
Thuggery is NOT in our DNA. We 'import' thugs from places like Ikirun. grin You know they always come hardened from there. cheesy
We like ready-made ones. I mean born thugs. tongue

They are 100 a penny in Ikirun tongue tongue tongue
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by citizenisb: 11:37am On Jul 01, 2013
There isn't good news coming out of China as the Communist part is deliberately slowing down growth hence the liquidity squeeze and the flash HSBC PMI coming at below 50.

In view of the Fed's imminent tapering of QE by 2014, most hedge funds are heading towards the exit door in emerging and frontier markets since rates should start to climb in their own economies. SLS informed us that we have at least 5 Billion Dollars in "HOT MONEY" from these guys.

The key to this period is: LIQUIDITY. BUY DOLLARS LIKE CRAZY!!! The only logical way is for SLS to devalue the Naira or else we will be in for a greater shock down the road.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 01, 2013
Eko Ile: That's Lagbaja representing and displaying the same old charm in his video with pride.

This is what we must preserve for many generations to come. They must have access to their past and history just like Lagbaja.

Dilapidating and poor looking rusty houses are your culture and heritage? keep it coming.

i guess your politicians live in those houses too.

mind u, there is nothing African about old cemented houses and rusty corrugated zinc sheet, all those are the result of lack of money to maintain/renovate an UNAFRICAN house. so, leave culture out of this.

i suppose the white men that brought these tnz live in your kind of houses in their countries. Even Lagos through which the white men came to Nigeria has those houses everywhere, huh? Early devt indeed, wetin cum arrest ibadan's development for many decades now?

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by nuclearboy(m): 1:49pm On Jul 01, 2013
delpee:

Reminds me of my school QSI and our neighbors GCI. Great schools indeed!

I also find all the tribal stuff by the younger generation on NL annoying. We never bothered about tribes those days. It was more of
'Though tribes and tongues may differ, in brotherhood we stand' (the old Naija anthem).
And the insults? Quite amazing! Reason why I read a lot and comment on few. Its sad that most of our youth seem to see everything on tribal basis -no
objectivity. Its difficult having a meaningful chat with people who are heavily biased and ever ready to insult others.

I actually took a drive thru Ibadan yesterday and was impressed with what its becoming. Took dozens of photos intending to upload them here. But that's a guarantee of derailment plus the nay-sayers will still find a lot of crap to say so I didn't bother.

Interestingly, I deliberately drove thru the areas even us dreaded just to see whats it like now - I was pleasantly surprised. At this pace of development, only God knows what Ibadan would have become.

Here's Bere, as an example

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by nuclearboy(m): 1:53pm On Jul 01, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Dilapidating and poor looking rusty houses are your culture and heritage? keep it coming.

i guess your politicians live in those houses too.

mind u, there is nothing African about old cemented houses and rusty corrugated zinc sheet, all those are the result of lack of money to maintain/renovate an UNAFRICAN house. so, leave culture out of this.

i suppose the white men that brought these tnz live in your kind of houses in their countries. Even Lagos through which the white men came to Nigeria has those houses everywhere, huh? Early devt indeed, wetin cum arrest ibadan's development for many decades now?

Most areas are now a mix of the older houses AND newer houses that are taking over. Most of the young have left for the western world anyway so its the aged that are comfortable that are there. Its starting to change faster and faster

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2013
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 01, 2013
Thanks for the pics nuclear boy.

Ibadan is on the rise once again.

Some of my images are too large to upload here, I wld have done same.
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 01, 2013
nuclearboy:

Most areas are now a mix of the older houses AND newer houses that are taking over. Most of the young have left for the western world anyway so its the aged that are comfortable that are there. Its starting to change faster and faster

ok, how does this tally with culture preservation story according to one of your own.

U know wat? when u guys decide on one stand, let me know.
As for now,...........................
Re: Shoprite Opens In Ibadan by nuclearboy(m): 10:21pm On Jul 01, 2013
ngozievergreen:

ok, how does this tally with culture preservation story according to one of your own.

U know wat? when u guys decide on one stand, let me know.
As for now,...........................

And where do you see culture "preservation" in MY post(s)? Everyplace is progressing and I wish the SE the best (not all of us see these NL wars as sensible) but Ibadan has storey buildings built before 1900 - you can't expect every family to have developed at same pace and have modernized their heritage, can you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

5 Categories Of People That won't feel The Country's current Inflation / Profile Of Justice Okon Abang Of Abuja High Court / Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.