Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,964 members, 7,946,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 01:47 PM

My Complicated Love Story - Literature (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Complicated Love Story (271583 Views)

Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / A UNILAG Babe's Twitter Love Story / My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Complicated Love Story by chistar01(m): 10:33am On Jul 31, 2013
**continuation**

'Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil...'

The quotation above a verse in the famous 'Psalm 23' chapter of the Bible, which almost all christains know by heart. I being raised in a Christian family knew it aswell, and it was the only verse that rang in my head as Hassy made the 'native doctor' statement.

I wasn't really scared of just dating Tenny, but I was scared of dating her and eventually breaking her heart if she falls in Love with me.

Had it been any other normal girl, I wouldnt have mind risking it much, but in this case, she could tell her dad about her so called boyfriend who she gave her heart and virginity to and he threw it in the waste bin, I was so sure she would be crying while reporting me to her dad, and that would only make him take me more serious.

Ok, am talking too much, back to my story...

'can you repeat what you just said?' I asked Hassy.

'Micheal, am dead serious. Her dad is a native doctor' He replied.

'Its a lie jhur, how can you prove it?' I asked, looking for an excuse not to believe Hassy.

'ok, have you ever woken up as early as 4pm, and looked outside your window?'

'nope, what does that have to do with proving anything? Or you want to tell me he turns to a bat and fly round his house?' I Asked sarcastically.

'No, not that, but that's a possibility sha. Anyway, try it this night, you would see more than 10 expensive cars which belongs to men and women in the high places of this country parked right in front of his house.'

'Hian! I'm disappointed at you, so you trying to say he can't have rich friends who visit him? Nigerians sha!' I replied ignorantly.

'How many people do thier friends visit them only in the night and leave before sunrise?' Hassy asked.

'oga that one no mean jhur, maybe that's how the visitors like doing thier things, you know they are probably politicians, so they don't want much attention.' I replied, trying all my possible best not to believe Hassy.

'oK, do you know she has step-brothers?'

'anhan, no but I don't expect a man of three wives not to have a couple of sons Na' I replied.

'Ok, good. Do you know one Yusuf guy like that, who stays near buckunor?'

'shey na that one wey dey rub powder for hin face and that hin head wey hair no dey grow?'

'exactly! How many people do you know that rubs powder on his scalp?'

'everybody has his own manner of madness. Or you want me to point out yours?'

'Micheal, my point is , that thing on his head isn't any normal powder, its a...'

'Oh nigga please! What do you want to say? That someone rubs powder on his head and its a charm? You are just being ridiculous' I cut in.

'See Micheal, Hassy dey talk true abi why hin go lie?' Dominic asked.

'Ok, wait you, you are here judging me, what about you that is dating her elder sister, Jessy?' I asked Hassy.

'I was getting there. Do you know why I haven't gotten admission since three years ago irrespective of the fact I paid several people and even read like a mad man?'

'hmm, this is a good question oh, Hassy was his school deputy headboy so he atleast brilliant, plus, he is from a wealthy family so he could have paid his way into any university but he wasn't lucky enough' I pondered over the question, but got no answer so I simply asked;

'why?'

'I started dating Jessy two years ago, and since then nothing good has happened to me. I broke up with her last month and I got admission this month. What do you think of that?' Hassy replied.

'err..ermm.. It cou..could just be a coincidence na' I stuttered.

At this response, Hassy shook his head in exhaustion and said;

'Hmm, yours is an already lost case, I give up' He looked at me for a while waiting for a response but I said nothing so he just changed the topic;

'shey you still one drink more, or make we dey go house?'

'lets go home' I replied coldly.

We all walked home, taking same routes but eventually started dropping at our individual houses as we got to them. My house was the farthest so I had to walk alone for a while before getting home.

On getting home I had a thought about the whole argument and I figured Hassy points were all reasonable, but I just wasn't ready to believe it, because if I did then I would be scared and end whatever I had with Tenny.

I couldnt sleep that night, I just kept on thinking, until my phone rang and I saw it was chidinma. We spoke for over two hours and she made me laugh so much that I forgot the whole Tenny and her native doctor dad. We ended the call around 3:30am.

I tried sleeping but I remembered Hassy words concerning the expensive cars and shîts like that, so after thinking and trying to prepare my mind for anything, I stood up and went to the window and behold! Hassy was right.

All those kinda cars that can buy houses at banana Island and still have change were parked there.

I immediately looked away only for me to look on my fence and see...

TO BE CONTINUED.
Re: My Complicated Love Story by omotayo9177: 10:36am On Jul 31, 2013
HNM in adv
Re: My Complicated Love Story by Michelle55: 10:46am On Jul 31, 2013
guy do naw, i dey wait for your update
Re: My Complicated Love Story by MizSammy(f): 10:50am On Jul 31, 2013
smiley smiley smiley
Re: My Complicated Love Story by Ollybarbie219(f): 10:57am On Jul 31, 2013
You saw d bat coming for u shey? Hehehe lwkmd...*tongue out*
Re: My Complicated Love Story by valdes00(m): 11:15am On Jul 31, 2013
Na dis tin i hate pass.......dis guy don start
Re: My Complicated Love Story by UDbester(m): 11:48am On Jul 31, 2013
Ooooooooooo, na which kind thing b dis nah!! Now wey i tink say d story go intresting u go dey cut am short. Oya update quick quick!!!!!!!
Re: My Complicated Love Story by MsSpaqs(f): 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2013
SEE WHAT? shocked.Come and continue o!
Re: My Complicated Love Story by chistar01(m): 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2013
**continuation**

You know that particular period in in your life when you are preparing for an examination or something really important that you forfeit sleep for a couple of days and then your body eventually breaks down, but just before it breaks down you start hallucinating and start seeing things that aren't really there?

Well, I would have loved to tell you guys that was my condition but it wasn't, I was damn sure of what I saw.

I told Hassy and Dominic later on that day about what I saw and they were like;

'Micheal, its just a figment of your imagination'

'guys I'm sure that I saw it staring at me!' I replied.

'Eh, its no big deal na, it could just be coincendatial, afterall its a normal thing around here'. Hassy replied.

'O boy I say this one no be coincidence eh! Na until I carry bible start to they pray before the thing commot my fence' I replied, trying to emphasise on how serious I was.

'ok, lets say we believe you. What are you going to do now?'

'I don't know, I go dey run go school next tomorrow, so I guess na to avoid the girl for the rest of today and tomorrow.' I replied.

'hmm, ok oh, when we dey tell you something, you talk say na lie. Now you don see proof and you wan run? Chai! Nothing fear pass you' Dominic replied laughing his äss out.

I guess most of you all are like; 'what is this micheal talking about?'. Lets go back in time...

...I immediately looked away only for me to look on my fence and see a cat like creature sitting on it.

Ok, am not so much of a religious person, neither am I superstitious, but I grew up in a typical Nigerian society where cats, owls and bats are animals usually related to witches and stuffs like that.

I wouldnt have been that bothered by an owl or a bat sitting on my fence but what the hell was a cat doing there? Asin a real CAT!!!.

I strained my eyes to look at it more clearly and I figured it was looking right at me. I immediately pulled back and turned on my 'christian mode'.

I looked for a bible in my room, and fortunately found one, and after reading a couple of random passages out loud, I started to fire prayers;

'I bind and cast you in the name of Jesus! Every plans of the evil ones against my life tonite shall not come to pass! With the power and authority in me, I command you to die by fire!! Holy ghost fire!!!....'

At a point I stopped to look through the window again only to see that the cat was still there and didn't seem to be bothered by the tonnes of prayers I was firing at it, rather it was feeling cool, and probably yawning too.

I could imagine it saying; 'Would this guy stop spitting at me' and that made me shift backwards again and tried a different approach in my prayer;

'My father in heaven, I know am a sinner and am sorry, I really am. Please am not ready to die yet. Just help me out this time and I promise to serve you for the rest of my life'

I don't know either God truly answered my prayer or the cat got tired of sitting on the fence, but when I checked for it again, it was gone.

'God, Thank you' was all I could say as I retired to my bed in an attempt to catch some sleep before the day broke.

But, just then my phone rang and guess who was calling, Miss Teniola Adetilewa, the daughter of a native doctor and the girl I promised myself never to talk to again.

I let the phone ring out before I switched it off, so I could atleast claim my battery died if she somehow caught me and asked.

I couldnt sleep for the rest of the night.

The rest of the day was kinda short, because after hanging out with Dominic and Hassy, we all went to play football and didn't know when time flew until it was night.

The next day was quite boring because I made sure I didn't step a foot outside and I had not visitor too.

Tenny was worried as usual and kept on calling but I refused to pick, she then resulted to text messaging and started apologizing for whatever she did wrong, I didn't reply any of them and finally she tested;

'Micheal, I don't know what I have done wrong to you, but whatever it is, I hope I am forgiven. I have never felt the way I felt for you towards any other guy but if this is how you act when you are angry at someone, I don't think we can work. So, this is the last you would hear from me and it was nice being friends with you. Just so you know, I thought I had found love, but I guess I was wrong. BYE'

On reading the text, I was partly happy that she would leave me alone but also partly sad that I had lost her, but I wasn't just ready to risk dating a native doctor daughter for any reason.

The rest of the day went slowly until evening when I decided to pack my things and get ready for school.

That night I made several calls to Tayo, Urch to find out when they were going to school. Tayo replied the same day with me while urch said he didn't know yet.

Chidinma who was already fond of night calls called and kept on emphasizing on how much she had missed me.

TO BE CONTINUED
Re: My Complicated Love Story by Eniqurl(f): 12:31pm On Jul 31, 2013
chistar01: **reserved for new update. #TYPING**
oya mke ut snappy o
Re: My Complicated Love Story by singledude(m): 12:45pm On Jul 31, 2013
Eni~girl:
oya mke ut snappy o
Eni-gurl,nice signature......do u rap?
Re: My Complicated Love Story by chistar01(m): 2:04pm On Jul 31, 2013
gringrin
omotayo9177: @chistar,HNM in advance
same to you bro.
Michelle55: guy do naw, i dey wait for your update
Done ma!
Miz_Sammy: smiley smiley smiley
Am suspecting this your smile o
Olly barbie219: You saw d bat coming for u shey? Hehehe lwkmd...*tongue out*
lol, 4 your mind.
valdes00: Na dis tin i hate pass.......dis guy don start
lol.. start what?
UDbester: Ooooooooooo, na which kind thing b dis nah!! Now wey i tink say d story go intresting u go dey cut am short. Oya update quick quick!!!!!!!
done
Ms Spaqs: SEE WHAT? shocked.Come and continue o!
lol, close your mouth jhur, ayag updated oya comman read
Eni~girl:
oya mke ut snappy o
yes ma! Its done. grin grin
Re: My Complicated Love Story by opeano(m): 2:15pm On Jul 31, 2013
Missin tins, dovetailin into fuckin tins..chidinma, i piri u, wetin Teniola use saliviate chistar, na u go quench his thirst
Re: My Complicated Love Story by Feyifahm: 2:27pm On Jul 31, 2013
Yeah it's a unisex name,can't bliv u can pray like dat oo.gud 1
Re: My Complicated Love Story by Ollybarbie219(f): 2:27pm On Jul 31, 2013
Chistar finish dis story 2day jor!!! As per end of d month special *winks*
Re: My Complicated Love Story by omotayo9177: 2:57pm On Jul 31, 2013
[quote author=chistar01]
'My father in heaven, I know am a sinner and am sorry, I really am. Please am not ready to die yet. Just help me out this time and I promise to serve you for the rest of my life'

I don't know either God truly answered my prayer or the cat got tired of sitting on the fence, but when I checked for it again, it was gone.

'God, Thank you' Lol..11th hour prayer.hope u r serving Him nw

1 Like

Re: My Complicated Love Story by Eniqurl(f): 3:35pm On Jul 31, 2013
NOp@SINGLE DUDE oya update mre o CHISTAR
Re: My Complicated Love Story by BabieGhagha(f): 5:02pm On Jul 31, 2013
chistar,i neva knew u could pray in such an energetic manner.afta nw u wil be claimin 'mr.get mind'
Re: My Complicated Love Story by chistar01(m): 8:21pm On Jul 31, 2013
@openo, I comment my reserve.
@feyi, na conditions dey make cray fish bend.
@olly, lol. Don't worry, d story would finish in due time.
@Omotayo, yea, I am.
@eni-gurl, lol.. You sha be Oliver twist oh.
@babie, such is life, I never knew it too.
Re: My Complicated Love Story by yemi2plus(m): 8:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
Two pages gone. I don miss o
Re: My Complicated Love Story by Feyifahm: 7:04am On Aug 01, 2013
Happy new month,all will b well ds month. cheesy
Re: My Complicated Love Story by BabieGhagha(f): 9:02am On Aug 01, 2013
thank God u nw know nd api nw mnth
Re: My Complicated Love Story by Michelle55: 9:05am On Aug 01, 2013
chistar happy new month and please update more cos i am tired of waiting oh undecided
Re: My Complicated Love Story by chistar01(m): 9:13am On Aug 01, 2013
@Feyi, Michelle & babie, HNM to you guys too, and other readers too. NEW UPDATE in a bit
Re: My Complicated Love Story by chistar01(m): 9:14am On Aug 01, 2013
**Continuation**

I've always been scared of anything which carries the number '2' or the alphabet 'B', so scared that I tend to hate it. I dunno if its just me or simply just just my mindset but either ways, I have come to the knowledge the these number and alphabet always come with a harder task and most likely the hardest of the whole set if there are more variables.

So, as I sat in a bus heading back to school with the annoying thought of starting a new session, 200 level to be precise, I tried my best not to let my foul mindset of the number '2' issue to get to me. I made sure my earpiece was plugged in all through the journey and I also tried to catch up on the stories I had missed of select writer who I consider awesome writers on and naijastories.com all in an effort not to think too much.

The journey in itself wasn't eventful at all, it was just a stable ride with a driver who refused to on the radio through out, but who cares when I had my own source of music and entertainment already?

I left the popular 'mile2' in lagos around 7am in a Godfrey Agofure Motor (GAM) customed inter-state bus and got to Choba, Port-Harcourt at a record breaking early time of 5pm.

Usually, the journey takes 11 to 13 hours pending on multiple factors, ranging from the mental state of the driver(if he is drunk), to the car condition and even the road and weather condition.

Tenny, true to her words hadn't even flashed me since the last text and I was kindof having mixed feelings about the issue. I wanted to call her so badly and settle everything but fear of her dad just won't let so as I alighted from the bus, I picked up my phone and deleted all her messages and her number so I won't be tempted anymore, and that was the end of the Tenny saga, or so I thought.

Anyways, when I said 'pack my things' in the previous update, I was actually talking about the content of my little mono-strapped bag. I hate travelling with too much load, am simply a light traveller so that explained the little things to pack.

I had in it a new swatch wristwatch, a 'sure' branded body spray, my flash drive and my phone charger, nothing more, nothing less.

On alighting from the bus, I was welcomed gracefully by the legendary PH sun which shone so harshly like someone had offended it somehow, with that I squeeze my face in displeasure and I asked God a question; 'dear God, you really need to do something about this sun oh, I know they thought us that the whole world and entire galaxy share one sun solely but am frankly starting to doubt that. Why is the sun at the Sahara desert so hot and there is little or no sun at the Arizona rainforest?' but got no answer, I guess I wasn't yet qualified to hear him talk to me.

Anyways, having no other option, I endured the sun and boarded a taxi straight to the busstop of 'our' lodge, that is I, Urch and Tayo's lodge. I had thrown away the idea of moving out when I told them and they both literally begged me to stay, I don't know why they did that but I accepted the offer and to seal the deal, I paid a fraction of the new house rent, officially making it my lodge.

I had barely gotten home when my phone rang and just before checking who it was, I made up my mind to pick it if was Tenny, but unfortunately or rather fortunately it wasnt Tenny but my latest strangely close friend, Chidinma'

I was shocked by how she knew I had gotten to PH and kept on asking for an explanation but I got non, rather she told me she couldnt wait anylonger to see me, so she was on her way to my house. I tried declining but telling a determined Chidinma 'No' is just a waste of speech, she simply said; 'expect me in 20 minutes' and hunged up before I gave her a hundred reasons why she shouldnt come.

So, seeing I had no other option, I simply accepted my fate and rushed into the bathroom to shower and atleast freshen up abit before she came, the house was in a total mess with dust allover and everything being in the wrong position, and i wasn't in any mood to do any work so I just left it like that with out even trying to arrange anything, afterall, I tried stopping her from coming.

Just like clockwork, exactly twenty minutes later, a knock at my door forced me to stand up from the comfortable spot I laid on in bed.

I mummered several foul statements under my breath out of sheer annoyance before I reluctantly went to open the door.

My whole annoyance all went away when I opened the door and saw Chidinma standing there looking so HOT.

Firstly she had a new hair style on, I'm in experienced in the hair thing so I'll skip the description, but it was a total different style which suited her and made her look relaxed in contrary to her usual uptight look. Also, that was the first time I saw her on a bumpshort, she had one of those female singlet on & a jean jacket to go, I wondered how she made such awkward combo look so sexy.

I invited her in with no 'lustful' intention, or so I thought.

TO BE CONTINUED
Re: My Complicated Love Story by omotayo9177: 9:35am On Aug 01, 2013
#I've always been scared of anything
which carries the number '2' or the
alphabet 'B', so scared that I tend to hate
it. I dunno if its just me or simply just just
my mindset but either ways, I have come
to the knowledge the these number and
alphabet always come with a harder task
and most likely the hardest of the whole
set if there are more variables.# Now i know y u r scared of yemi2+2....na joke o
Re: My Complicated Love Story by yemi2plus(m): 9:47am On Aug 01, 2013
I hate travelling with too much load, am simply a light traveller so that explained the little things to pack.
you can never be my roommate in school.
Re: My Complicated Love Story by chistar01(m): 10:13am On Aug 01, 2013
yemi2plus2:
you can never be my roommate in school.
Mind if I ask why?
Re: My Complicated Love Story by yemi2plus(m): 10:17am On Aug 01, 2013
chistar01: Mind if I ask why?
i can't live with someone who don't travel with food stuff. That's one of the problem am having with my roommate.
Re: My Complicated Love Story by jjagz: 10:47am On Aug 01, 2013
Chistar an error I have noticed....It is he hung up....not hunged up....and oh...ur welcome grin
Re: My Complicated Love Story by kingsline: 12:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
chistar I no get work again na to dey check for update on ur sexcapades since you started writing so you better make it worth it by updating fast fast....or else I go discuss ur matter with seun and you wont like the outcome of the discussion........thinking "I hope this threat works"
Re: My Complicated Love Story by simplifier(f): 12:42pm On Aug 01, 2013
Whats that your name again sef, is it chistar or michael?
should we buy u mb before u update ni? angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (66) (Reply)

The Reluctant Bride / First Night / Bukky Alakara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.