Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,806 members, 7,921,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:50 PM

Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. - Phones (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. (93485 Views)

Which Data Subscription Are You Using To Browse? / List Of Cheap Data Subscription Codes For All Network In Nigeria / What's Your Current Best Data Subscription For Android? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 1:55pm On Aug 19, 2013
j-slimz:
Networkgenius please I need help. After changing my apn to blackberry.net my data service disappears and I can't browse. When I change it to web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net, my data service is restored and I can browse but i'm being charged. What should I do please?

I use Samsung galaxy pocket gt-s5300
J-Slimz.
Do you have an active BBC subscription?
Do you have Droidvpn installed?
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by jslimz(f): 2:18pm On Aug 19, 2013
networkgenuis:
J-Slimz.
Do you have an active BBC subscription?
Do you have Droidvpn installed?
Yes I do
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 2:19pm On Aug 19, 2013
Sealeddeal: Pls someone should help me out here.Every day,I will always encounter one problem or another with Droidvpn.I have registered more than 5 email ACCTS but none of them worked since the droidvpn shut me out of connection last night. Pls I need permanent solution to it.
Once you reach that threshold of 100mb, you must wait for 24hrs. Having multiple accounts won't save you. Monitor your usage and make sure it doesn't get to100mb before switching accounts.
Cheers.
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by VicGoodGuy(m): 2:24pm On Aug 19, 2013
Sealeddeal: Pls someone should help me out here.Every day,I will always encounter one problem or another with Droidvpn.I have registered more than 5 email ACCTS but none of them worked since the droidvpn shut me out of connection last night. Pls I need permanent solution to it.

I hope by now ur droidvpn shd be working. Their day starts by 12 noon naija time.
if u reach ur bandwidth limit, evn if u register a million accts, it won't work until 12 noon. so, ur best bet is to log out once u hv clocked 95mb, then clear ur log, and log in with a new acct. I check my own mb with the 3G watchdog app.
hope this helps.
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Les: 4:00pm On Aug 19, 2013
netwokG, do you know of any cheap data plan amma use for my windows device, i changed ma apn to bb•net and it dint work, dat one expired without using it for once....do something, bro......

Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2013
j-slimz:
Yes I do
Try gmail.com as your APN
If you don't get data service, you have to exhaust the airtime in your sim and use the default APN. Happens with some sim.
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by obisite: 4:11pm On Aug 19, 2013
Pls the tun.ko, it is a must to be instal, cos I rooted my devices, d driodvpn has stop conecting,is disconectin sayin, I'v reach bandwidth for free trial or what, dat I shud upgrade,

2- does etizalat bb subscription works on andriod devices? Tnx
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by jslimz(f): 4:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
networkgenuis:
Try gmail.com as your APN
If you don't get data service, you have to exhaust the airtime in your sim and use the default APN. Happens with some sim.
I've tried gmail and it has never worked. I guess I'll try the last option. Thanks all the same
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Emmysteve(m): 4:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
Thanks again network genius for doing a great job on whatsap and nairaland. Kudos boss
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Candyfrancis00: 4:45pm On Aug 19, 2013
Dnt know if its going to work for you guys bt it sure works for me,if ur have exhausted your 100 mb in droidvpn dnt try to reconnect it just leave it for like three hours and it will start working again
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by obisite: 5:01pm On Aug 19, 2013
obisite: Pls the tun.ko, it is a must to be instal, cos I rooted my devices, d driodvpn has stop conecting,is disconectin sayin, I'v reach bandwidth for free trial or what, dat I shud upgrade,

I'm waitin ooooooo
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2013
Les: netwokG, do you know of any cheap data plan amma use for my windows device, i changed ma apn to bb•net and it dint work, dat one expired without using it for once....do something, bro......
Have you tried airtel?
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Les: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2013
networkgenuis:
Have you tried airtel?
describe it, besides, I use mtn
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by duwdu: 6:44pm On Aug 19, 2013
vivichocs: tanx alot dear, really helpful..

My pleasure. Enjoy.

P34c3
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Paschal007: 7:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
j-slimz:
Networkgenius please I need help. After changing my apn to blackberry.net my data service disappears and I can't browse. When I change it to web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net, my data service is restored and I can browse but i'm being charged. What should I do please?

I use Samsung galaxy pocket gt-s5300
Try this instructions below. If it doesn't work create a new apn.
g-rock:
I noticed a lot of Pple are still finding it hard to get the edge or 3g symbol on android phones, after switching to blackberry.net APN..because mtn has supposedly blocked using bis on devices other than android.
But u will notice that when u switch to the mtn default APN I.e web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net, the symbol will show.

If the edge or 3g symbol doesn't show on ur android phone, there is no way u can ever use any trick like droidvpn or tweakware to browse on android.

Look no further my pals. This is a solution discovered by me and I know it will go viral on d net as soon as I paste it here cos a lot of Pple are really confused how some Pple are getting to use droidvpn/tweakware on android.

The problem is with d dns. Even setdns can't solve it.

Here is the step by step guide of what to do...

1. Dial *#*#info#*#* on ur phone. I.e *#*#4636#*#*
This will bring out some hidden android menu

2. Goto the first item: phone information

3. Scroll down to the bottom. At the bottom u will see a setting like "toggle dns check:0.0.0.0 not allowed"

4. Just tap the toggle dns ones to allowed I.e after u tap it ones it will become "toggle dns check: 0.0.0.0 allowed"

Press back and exit...the edge or 3g symbol should appear immediately on ur phone, if u have already set ur access point to blackberry.net. if it doesn't immediately, just toggle airplane mode on and off. And it will appear.

Then u can go ahead and use any trick whatsoever (droidvpn/tweakware) to browse with mtn bis on android.

N/b
U don't need ur phone to be rooted to do this. It works on all android phones.

Cheers.

If u wanna upgrade ur droidvpn to premium, contact me on rockar4u@yahoo.com
https://www.nairaland.com/1367189/solution-getting-bis-edge-3g#16934549
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2013
obisite: Pls the tun.ko, it is a must to be instal, cos I rooted my devices, d driodvpn has stop conecting,is disconectin sayin, I'v reach bandwidth for free trial or what, dat I shud upgrade,

Simple, you've reached your allowed bandwidth for the day, doesn't have anything to do with tun.ko
Etisalat doesn't work work on Android bro.
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 7:52pm On Aug 19, 2013
j-slimz:
I've tried gmail and it has never worked. I guess I'll try the last option. Thanks all the same
Ok
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 8:50pm On Aug 19, 2013
Emmysteve: Thanks again network genius for doing a great job on whatsap and nairaland. Kudos boss
You welcome Steve smiley
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 8:56pm On Aug 19, 2013
Les: describe it, besides, I use mtn

networkgenuis:
Airtel monthly BSM costs #1200 and is capped at 1Gig.
Recharge your phone with #1200
Send BSM to 440
You will receive a confirmation sms that you have subsribed to Blackberry Social Month (BSM) package.
You can use the Airtel default apn or use blackberry.net
To check your bundle balance, dial *123*10#
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by maxdozie(m): 9:15pm On Aug 19, 2013
networkgenuis tunko installer isnt downloading.. Am runin 4.2.2 pls
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2013
maxdozie: networkgenuis tunko installer isnt downloading.. Am runin 4.2.2 pls
if it doesn't, trying connecting Droidvpn without it lemme know whats up.
Which phone are you using?
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by georgiobob: 9:41pm On Aug 19, 2013
Ican't upload any pics on my tecno q1 usin whatsXapp or using playstore.to neither download apps or update apps,, what do Iav to do to solve this
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by maxdozie(m): 12:10am On Aug 20, 2013
networkgenuis: if it doesn't, trying connecting Droidvpn without it lemme know whats up.
Which phone are you using?
a mytouch 4g
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 7:56am On Aug 20, 2013
maxdozie: a mytouch 4g
Follow my previous suggestion
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by 4nimoni: 8:16am On Aug 20, 2013
Paschal007:
Try this instructions below. If it doesn't work create a new apn.
https://www.nairaland.com/1367189/solution-getting-bis-edge-3g#16934549
you are the boss, tanks mehn fr this info .
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by maxdozie(m): 8:32am On Aug 20, 2013
networkgenuis:
tanks boss... Am now blazing droidvpn
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 20, 2013
networkgenuis:
I downloaded the Droid Vpn and when I try to connect it says my phone is not rooted. should I be worried?
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Neduzze5(m): 8:54am On Aug 20, 2013
robian1: I downloaded the Droid Vpn and when I try to connect it says my phone is not rooted. should I be worried?

Yeah, you need to root your phone. Which phone model are you using?
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 20, 2013
Neduzze5:

Yeah, you need to root your phone. Which phone model are you using?
huawei ascend Y210d
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Neduzze5(m): 9:49am On Aug 20, 2013
robian1: huawei ascend Y210d

Try Framaroot to see if it can root your phone
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 20, 2013
Neduzze5:

Try Framaroot to see if it can root your phone
nah it didn't work
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by 4nimoni: 11:17am On Aug 21, 2013
I jus discovered a new thing concerning this mtn blackberry.net dey block. I av been having problems rooting my fone cos I can't get it rooted in my place. I had to use Airtel bus which I bliv is working fr me.
Now, for does still using droidvpn apps n tun.ko
I want u all to try dis cos am nt on mtn plan
don't connect ur wt ur droidvpn
Jus dial *#*#4636#*#* , u will see an info abt ur fone , click phone information den scroll down to Toggle dns check, click it to change it from "not allowed" to "allowed". dats all . Exit it
Next, use ur blackberry.net as ur Apn. off ur mobile ntwrk n turn it on again. u will see ur ntwrk turning on on either 2/3G.
I want u to check if it wuld work wt ur mtn bis cos I don't use mtn bis am on Airtel as I earlier said .

Note: Dis info doesn't need droidvpn nor tunko installer.
I need ur testimonies if it really working so I can change to mtn bis.

Tanks nairalanders

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (42) (Reply)

Woman Scatters Whatsapp Prayer Group With Her Unclad Photos Posted (photo) / Airtel Female Marketer Displaying Her Panties Via A See-thorough Outfit (photo) / Cheap Android Phones That Cost 7000 Naira To 15000 Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.