Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,052 members, 7,980,747 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 11:51 PM

Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! - Foreign Affairs (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! (44788 Views)

Disney To Boycott Georgia Over Gay Marriage Bill / Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! / Ladies Boycott Every News Network, Demand Handsome Anchors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (30) (Go Down)

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 9:52pm On May 28, 2008
morpheus24:

I mean last time I checked when someone is using capital letters in an email or response it signals they are yelling.

uuummm, EVER CONSider that it could also be used to help BLIND people and those who do not like to read other people's posts before posting responses See the POINTS they continue to miss I mean it is not rocket science!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 10:12pm On May 28, 2008
Kobojunkie:

uuummm, EVER CONSider that it could also be used to help BLIND people and those who do not like to read other people's posts before posting responses See the POINTS they continue to miss I mean it is not rocket science!

SUUUUUUUUURE THATS WHAT YOU WERE DOING!!!!.

I GUESS I DON"T WANT ANY BODY TO MISS THE POINT I AM TRYING TO MAKE HERE BY TYPING THIS RESPONSE IN CAP LETTERS AS WELL!!!!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by savanaha: 10:18pm On May 28, 2008
morpheus24:

I GUESS I DON"T WANT ANY BODY TO MISS THE POINT I AM TRYING TO MAKE HERE BY TYPING THIS RESPONSE IN CAP LETTERS AS WELL!!!!

Hahahahahahah
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On May 28, 2008
morpheus24:

THat is your headache but, going around assuming that everyone subscribes to the same mental rules that you do, are you sure that is the best way to go instead?? I am sorry if your ego is that fragile that you assume everyone thinks and posts like you do. Now you know I don't think as you do, I hope that helps.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 11:12pm On May 28, 2008
Kobojunkie:

THat is your headache but, going around assuming that everyone subscribes to the same mental rules that you do, are you sure that is the best way to go instead?? I am sorry if your ego is that fragile that you assume everyone thinks and posts like you do. Now you know I don't think as you do, I hope that helps.

PLEASE! you belittle me by such remarks about my ego. Its not about wanting you to think like me, far from it.

Its the fact that you unsuccessfully try to make others look silly in the points they are trying to make by disqualifying their reasoning. When they try to defenc, you quickly shrug them off as pointless and not worth your time. Signs of a very weak debater.

I'll take you own anytime I feel the need to, FEEL FREE TO RESPOND OR IGNORE but then again as you always clearly remind us "we are going off the real "TOPIC"

BACK TO THE DISCUSSION PLEASE!!!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 28, 2008
boycottimg will do us no good.abi dont we claim to be the giants of africa? we'll make those guys feel important if we decide to boycott them.besides, if for nothing, supersports 3 is very important.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 11:33pm On May 28, 2008
morpheus24:

PLEASE! you belittle me by such remarks about my ego. Its not about wanting you to think like me, far from it.

Its the fact that you unsuccessfully try to make others look silly in the points they are trying to make by disqualifying their reasoning. When they try to defenc, you quickly shrug them off as pointless and not worth your time. Signs of a very weak debater.
I'll take you own anytime I feel the need to, FEEL FREE TO RESPOND OR IGNORE but then again as you always clearly remind us "we are going off the real "TOPIC"

BACK TO THE DISCUSSION PLEASE!!!

Once again, there you go assuming I think like you do. I DO NOT think like you do. I am glad you believe you can read minds but I am sorry but you are not even close to the mark. I have made myself clear already, no need to come at me with issues I do not care for. For those who do not read my posts, I posted yet again in BOLD. Is that hard to understand?? I already made it clear that I am not one of those emotional ravers on here. I prefer to focus on the people and what they may be dealing with. If your focus is on your being a Nigerian and this and that then I have no time for such debates.  Why is that hard for you to accept that people come here with different focusing and making that plain to others who may want to move the debate to where you do not intend to go with it has nothing to do with you and your ego?? Actually, I have to say your ego cause that is what is in play when you take offence or find it belittling when told that what you are debating of no concern to the other.  I am sorry but please READ my posts to understand my points and either focus on the same path or move on to discuss your new path with others who care.  It is a free forum and you do not have to chat with all and that has been made clear already by the other and now by me, yet again.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 11:37pm On May 28, 2008
olrotimi:

boycottimg will do us no good.abi don't we claim to be the giants of africa? we'll make those guys feel important if we decide to boycott them.besides, if for nothing, supersports 3 is very important.

Most south africans have never been to Nigeria and many do not have a desire to travel that way either. If 1 million asylum seekers, from maybe Chad decided to flow into Nigeria today with the issues we have and global economy the way it is , I am not sure we will not see the same sort of reaction from some Nigerians.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by dee02(m): 11:52pm On May 28, 2008
OZANOBUA!

People are still spitting venom on this thread!!

Blah blaahahahahahahahaha abla ababaaa abrakadabra!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by girl22(f): 3:48am On May 29, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hahahaha, nigerians getting killed in SA. oh well. what can i say. Nigeria must go! why the hell are we going to SA in the first place?SA would be far worse than Nigeria if not for the white folks there. it is sad but true. I am boycotting being black, period! we are truely a cursed race and people! oh well!

this is the most ignorant post i have ever read.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Nobody: 4:46am On May 29, 2008
really, then hey you've not read many posts up here
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Xiomarra: 6:58am On May 29, 2008

londoner

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers!
« #762 on: Yesterday at 07:11:11 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@spermdrops/xiomarra/almond joy/merge, Ofcourse the illegal ones should go,  but those who are in S.A legally have a right to stay there simple.

Until the law or the government say otherwise.

Its not about indigenes being "friendly" to immigrants, you get the same hostility worldwide to working class immigrants, whether US, Nigeria, Ghana, France. The difference is the violence and the fact that it is directed largely at people who are actually seeking asylum from Zimbabwe. Its actually quite simple.

Nigerians may well have felt threatened by Ghanaians long ago, but way before this in 1969 by president Busia, the Ghanaians did the same thing to Nigerians. Nigerians later deported Ghanaians in 1983. So to say Nigerians are reaping from that is utter rubbish.

At least read and learn history rather than simply spouting off ignorantly.

Spermdrops, were you actually aware of the 1969 expulsion of Nigerians from Ghana, before the 1983 expulsion of Ghanaians?

Thanks a lot for the "refresher course" in African "do me a do you a do ma do bodi God no vex" history lessons!
So it now a matter of who did what first?

So Nigerians are actually capable of deporting other Africans? cheesy This same Ghana that most of the "big men" in Nigeria now send their kids to for further studies? Fine, Nigerians retaliated and counter retaliated with Ghana.  Now let them also taste the same treatment from South Africa.  It does not matter what country did what first.

Make una come see who dey deport other people biko kwa nu!

Anyway, back to the topic.  If it has been made clear to you that you have over stayed your welcome in any foreign country, please leave. Legal or not. You have a country so go and stay there! I will tell the people of Zimbabwe the same thing. Any day George Bush and his cowboys decide to express such sentiments, I will gladly move to Canada and keep moving even to Cuba till I am welcomed with open arms by the citizens of the hosting country.

Fortunately George Bush and his cowboys recognize my rights as a citizen of the US.  So Nigerians that go to other 20th world countries without any basic human rights have themselves to blame.

Deal with it I say!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by dudubobo1: 9:34am On May 29, 2008
Xiomarra:

Thanks a lot for the "refresher course" in African "do me a do you a do ma do bodi God no vex" history lessons!
So it now a matter of who did what first?

So Nigerians are actually capable of deporting other Africans? cheesy This same Ghana that most of the "big men" in Nigeria now send their kids to for further studies? Fine Nigerians retaliated and counter retaliated with Ghana.  Now let them also taste the same treatment from South Africa.  It does not matter what country did what first.

Make una come see who dey deport other people biko kwa nu!

Anyway, back to the topic.  If it has been made clear to you that you have over stayed your welcome in any foreign country, please leave. Legal or not. You have a country so go and stay there! I will tell the people of Zimbabwe the same thing. Any day George Bush and his cowboys decide to express such sentiments, I will gladly move to Canada and keep moving even to Cuba till I am welcomed with open arms by the citizens of the hosting country.

Fortunately George Bush and his cowboys recognize my rights as a citizen of the US. So Nigerians that got to other 20th world countries without any basic human rights have themselves to blame.

Deal with it I say!

The latter part of your post is quite reasonable.

However, your apparent hatred of Nigeria as clearly evident in the first few paragraphs makes me wonder what you're doing exchanging views with Nigerians. if you hate the country and what it stands for so much, you should not be here so actively; you should be in a forum of Americans whom you so clearly love more than Nigerians

No hard feelings
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by mekile: 1:44pm On May 29, 2008
I say, take your Nigerian con men out of South Africa, we dont need your drug dealing types.
I say cut off ALL of Nigerias internet access so dont have your shitty emails flying around the world about left over fortunes and grannies who owe you money.
You try con people then talk crap about bless god. You are all idiots.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Blatant: 1:51pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

I say, take your Nigerian con men out of South Africa, we don't need your drug dealing types.
I say cut off ALL of Nigerias internet access so don't have your shitty emails flying around the world about left over fortunes and grannies who owe you money.

Mekile,

while i understand your frustrations, the tone of your outburst is totally daft.

How will you feel if I was to say kill ALL South Africans because all they do is to kill human beings for mobile phones etc.

It's just wrong
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by abdurrazaq(m): 1:53pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

I say, take your Nigerian con men out of South Africa, we don't need your drug dealing types.
I say cut off ALL of Nigerias internet access so don't have your shitty emails flying around the world about left over fortunes and grannies who owe you money.

This one must be part of or be connected to the attack one way the other. Mr. Man you are definitely proud of the 'Jamboree' going on in your S.A, that is good. I just have one advise for you, you've been born there, living there, just stay there and don't try to step out of that country cos if you that don't be disappointed and shocked when the same thing that was done to the victims of this attack is done to you.

Peace cool
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Province: 2:14pm On May 29, 2008
Hi,
I am a white South african. I know it seems a bit strange that I would be on this website.
I have read this article and the comments. I just wanted to let all of you know that not all South Africans are such monsters. Most of us have looked upon this as disgusting behavior. Please do not think that we are all violent.
I have done all that I could to assist in helping the, now, homless.
Most of the South Africans doing these horrible acts are criminals. As such, they will look for ANY reason to take what they want. It just so happens that it is other Africans at the moment. My question is why now?
They will use any reason to loot, murder, rape, and steal. Why rape and murder? Most of them have nothing better to do or they are too lazy to get jobs and are blaming the people that actually work hard for a living.
I, for one, am so sorry that this is happening. cry
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by mekile: 2:14pm On May 29, 2008
Who said anything about killing?
I just said that round the world Nigerians are known to be an irritating type of people full of scams etc.

I have been to your country, it is the most corrupt place on the planet.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by abdurrazaq(m): 2:20pm On May 29, 2008
Province:

Hi,
I am a white South african. I know it seems a bit strange that I would be on this website.
I have read this article and the comments. I just wanted to let all of you know that not all South Africans are such monsters. Most of us have looked upon this as disgusting behavior. Please do not think that we are all violent.
Most of the South Africans doing these horrible acts are criminals. As such, they will look for ANY reason to take what they want. It just so happens that it is other Africans at the moment. My question is why now?
They will use any reason to loot, murder, rape, and steal. Why rape and murder? Most of them have nothing better to do or they are too lazy to get jobs and are blaming the people that actually work hard for a living.[/b]I, for one, am so sorry that this is happening. cry

Thank you, at least you know that most of the victims are actually working hard for a living in South Africa.

mekile:

I just said that round the world Nigerians are known to be an irritating type of people full of scams etc.

[b]I have been to your country, it is the most corrupt place on the planet.

As if Lucky Dube was killed in Nigeria angry
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by savanaha: 2:28pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

I have been to your country, it is the most corrupt place on the planet.

As it has been reported time and again most of the crimes committed in SA are not committed by foriegners, the raping of baby, women in their home, white farmers etc are only done by SA. You can try to globalize the blame game on Nigeria all you want but the eye of the world is currently focused on SA and unless you can distract it your rantings simply makes you rather foolish.

Nigerians are known as con, Italians and Russians are known for organized crime, Americans known as bullies etc. The actions of SA against other black Africans from other parts of the continent is easier because killing a white person of any Nationality will mean the person will be caught and their family will be caught and tortured as well.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 2:36pm On May 29, 2008
Province:

Hi,
They will use any reason to loot, murder, rape, and steal. Why rape and murder? Most of them have nothing better to do or they are too lazy to get jobs and are blaming the people that actually work hard for a living.
I, for one, am so sorry that this is happening. cry

@ Province, its great that you have been helping the stranded, it shows your humanity. What you wrote above is the truth, the bitter truth that some are trying their best not to see. They do not have the backing of right thinking South Africans, or the S.A governement.

@ Savanaha, next he will be telling us that S.A became a crime capital of the world because of Nigerians, lol Let him keep deluding himself. It is true that something needs to be done about the problem or 419 etc, but as far as I know 419 is done over the net, most of them are actually sitting in Nigeria, not S.A.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by mekile: 2:37pm On May 29, 2008
well, if it works, then why not.

tell me one thing, why is europe and other countries so much more advanced than africa?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 2:46pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

tell me one thing, why is europe and other countries so much more advanced than africa?

Interesting question.
Can I ask you this? Why do you think it is that so many countries  in Europe (in fact in the northern hemisphere), has had its hands at one time or another on the resources and politics of Africa?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 2:46pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

Because Africans revel in blaming everyone else for their problems?? And the problem is not just local to South Africa but continent wide issue. We like to make every issue outside of our territories bigger than the ones within our own territories so that we can somehow comfort ourselves in some obscure fact that we are better ( more peaceful, more hardworking etc) than those we condemn.

Go through this post alone and you will see that so many have come on to blame causcasians for the problem in SA. Africa's problems are mainly due to a lack of self worth and basically a huge need to push blames around instead of moving to act responsibly.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by savanaha: 2:47pm On May 29, 2008
londoner:

@ Savanaha, next he will be telling us that S.A became a crime capital of the world because of Nigerians, lol Let him keep deluding himself. It is true that something needs to be done about the problem or 419 etc, but as far as I know 419 is done over the net, most of them are actually sitting in Nigeria, not S.A.

Like I have always held the view 419 plays on greed and if your too greedy then you will be caught and dooped. The xenophobic behavior by SA displayed last week plays on utter wickedness and disregard for human life. Seeing as am not greedy or stupid I will take 419 anyday rather than killing people like they are herbivors for the eating.

mekile:

For a new member your daftness has quickly been exposed. Aren't you African or are SAns now above being considered Africans now? You can answer that question yourself. Not all the countries in Europe are advanced and the continent of Africa and Europe are  not the only continents in exitence.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 2:53pm On May 29, 2008
savanaha:

Like I have always held the view 419 plays on greed and if your too greedy then you will be caught and dooped. The xenophobic behavior by SA displayed last week plays on utter wickedness and disregard for human life. Seeing as am not greedy or stupid I will take 419 anyday rather than killing people like they are herbivors for the eating.

For a new member your daftness has quickly been exposed. Aren't you African or are SAns now above being considered Africans now? You can answer that question yourself. Not all the countries in Europe are advanced and the continent of Africa and Europe are not the only continents in exitence.

That is the reason why most 419 is never reported, because the "victims" feel they would incriminate themselves if they report it. In the UK, that is what the police say and the fact that its actually an exploitation of greed in the "victim". Thats some types of 419.

If you ask me, they should imprison the 419er and the "victim" who is nothing but a willing accomplice in some cases, although not all.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by mekile: 2:54pm On May 29, 2008
lets not shy away from your kidnappings and crap in your country.

Why would you want to claim benefit for your nationals who are in SA and not supposed to be there in the first place?

Dont blame whites for any of the ongoings, its just proof you guys cannot help yourselves/.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by omoojo(m): 2:59pm On May 29, 2008
people cares for people that cares for themselves, nigerians no get any reason to go look for job for south Africa,if we wan go anywhere is suppose to be America, anyway those that lost there property i think they should be compensated adequately
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 3:02pm On May 29, 2008
omoojo:

people cares for people that cares for themselves, nigerians no get any reason to go look for job for south Africa,if we wan go anywhere is suppose to be America, anyway those that lost there property i think they should be compensated adequately

Has our own government compensated us for all the properties we have lost to them and continue to loose to this day?? I mean we already have the mobs called politicians right there in our own home, that destroy our property left and right. Are they also going to compensate us? They watch as Nigerian properties and lives are destroyed daily while they sit and plan how much more of our loot they can get their hands on. Are we ever going to demand we be compensated for that or is it again easier to demand what we can not get in our own home, from those who are foreigners to us??

I am just saying , it is in a way, hypocritical, that we demand this and that from others when we can not get the same in our own home land.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 3:06pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

Why would you want to claim benefit for your nationals who are in SA and not supposed to be there in the first place?

Dont blame whites for any of the ongoings, its just proof you guys cannot help yourselves/.

Yes, I agree there are kidnapping in the Niger Delta region  of late, after years of protest though. Noone will deny we have a security issue in Nigeria, so if immigrants also came to Nigeria, it would be dishonest of us to claim they are the reason for crime , when the issue pre-existed them.

If a Nigerian is illegally in S.A, deport that person, simple. Thats whats usually  done with illegal immigrants isn't it?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by savanaha: 3:06pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

I am not blaming whites for anything in my country. I only blame the corrupt politicans and those that do nothing about the corruption. You blaming foriegners for the killings and crime in your country is utter rubbish. A Somolian businness was reported looted last week and burnt was it because the Somolians were coning people out of their money by selling them non illigal goods that are usable? I think before you expect someone to call a spade a spade you need to open your mind and call a wrong a wrong.
Go to Youtube and type in SA and see how much of those Nigerians considered illegalas are illegal. It will bring shame if you have any to your eyes that your honest police men were caught on camera taking bribe from people with papers.
haha.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 3:09pm On May 29, 2008
I dont agree that people who lost shops should be compensated, since it was not a government act against them, but civilian. Those shop owners should have had adequate insurance. It is from there that they should look, not the SA government.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (30)

Niger Junta Threatens To Kill Deposed President Bazoum If U.S, ECOWAS Intervene / Gayton McKenzie: Meet SA's New Sports Minister - Bank Robber Turned Politician / Joe Biden Picks Senator Kamala Harris as VP

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.