Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,052 members, 7,980,747 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 11:47 PM

Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! - Foreign Affairs (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! (44787 Views)

Disney To Boycott Georgia Over Gay Marriage Bill / Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! / Ladies Boycott Every News Network, Demand Handsome Anchors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Go Down)

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Jakumo(m): 3:13pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

tell me one thing, why is Europe and other countries so much more advanced than Africa?

Well for one, Europeans fail to appreciate the winter-wonderland beauty of road-side trash heaps, nor do they have the spirit of adventure that it takes to negotiate streets lines with deep open sewage drains.   I will even venture to add that while Europeans may be capable of appreciating the romance of candle-lit dinners, they would fail to similarly relish the concept of PERMANENT candle lighting for all activities, as is the preference in Nigeria, for example.

Going further, I would postulate that most Europeans would prefer pipe-borne drinking water and cooking gas because they are WIMPS who do not know their way to the nearest river to source potable water, and do not have the strength and resourcefulness to venture into forests to cut fire-wood and hunt down dinner.

Finally I would opine that Europeans live in boringly orderly societies policed by non-bribe-taking officers because to a large extent, Europeans lack the imaginative negotiating skills of the sort required to bargain with Nigerian policemen prior to arriving at equitable bribe rate modalities for the purchase of justice and peace.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 3:14pm On May 29, 2008
@ Londoner Insurance in Africa?
hahahaha
maybe South Africa own works.
shoemakers and nkwobi joints there have insurance maybe.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 3:15pm On May 29, 2008
Well for one, Europeans fail to appreciate the winter-wonderland beauty of road-side trash heaps, nor do they have the spirit of adventure that it takes to negotiate streets lines with deep open sewage drains. I will even venture to add that while Europeans may be capable of appreciating the romance of candle-lit dinners, they would fail to similarly relish the concept of PERMANENT candle lighting for all activities, as is the preference in Nigeria, for example.
OMG ROFLMAO!!!!

Going further, I would postulate that most Europeans would prefer pipe-borne drinking water and cooking gas because they are WIMPS who do not know their way to the nearest river to source potable water, and do not have the strength and resourcefulness to venture into forests to cut fire-wood and hunt down dinner.

Finally I would opine that Europeans live in boringly orderly societies policed by non-bribe-taking officers because to a large extent, Europeans lack the imaginative negotiating skills required to bargain with Nigerian policemen, for example, prior to arriving at equitable bribe rate modalities for the purchase of justice and peace.

I don fie oooooo,  ROFLMAO~~~~~

sheniqua:

@ Londoner Insurance in Africa?
hahahaha
maybe South Africa own works.
shoemakers and nkwobi joints there have insurance maybe.

O ti to n !!!!! ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by savanaha: 3:17pm On May 29, 2008
@ Jakumo your funny. I like you. Make me crack a smile.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by bibiking1(m): 3:17pm On May 29, 2008
so much noise, yet no one is proferring any solutions!
Shame on you all, especially that lousy quasi-moderator Kobojunkie
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 3:23pm On May 29, 2008
bibiking1:

so much noise, yet no one is proferring any solutions!
Shame on you all, especially that lousy quasi-moderator Kobojunkie

It is always easy and better to come up solutions to issues in other people's territories than it is your own, right?? Shakes head I wait for the day you actually learn that for you to enjoy a better world you have to start by cleaning up your own house so you have one you can come back to when the world rejects you.

Anywho, I would rather sit and do nothing than go around telling everyone how to take care of their own homes when my own home is on fire. So, no thanks for the noise you offer me.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by mekile: 3:27pm On May 29, 2008
I just gave you guys a solution. Cut your internet off and sit in your fox holes. Maybe light up a few oil fields while you at it.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 3:29pm On May 29, 2008
@ shenequa I am talking of South Africa. It was suggested that  the S.A gov should give compensation for destroyed property. I am saying the owners should have had insurance, its not the governments responsibility to compensate them.

South Africa has over 30 insurance companies, so business insurance is not a far fetched notion, as you may think, even if it is in  " Africa".
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Jakumo(m): 3:37pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

I just gave you guys a solution. Cut your internet off and sit in your fox holes. Maybe light up a few oil fields while you at it.

I have been a long-time advocate of returning to basics and utilizing smoke-signals, drummers and runners for communication, rather than continuing to blindly endorse such defect-prone means of communication as cell-phones and computers which are all designed by the white man to perpetuate our piteous reliance on electricity supplies of the sort that have been exposed in Nigeria as being entirely superfluous.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 3:43pm On May 29, 2008
I love this jakumo guy.
The boy sabi speak oyibo
Kai menene!!
see as the thing just dey drop jejely
Where are all them single girls,omoge,reloaded,morenike,busta and co.
If I were you,I'll be checking him out.
A man this smart and witty must be fine.
NSukka!!

he may have already been taken
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Sello: 3:47pm On May 29, 2008
Hi everyone. My name is Sello and I am a South African, before I get hammered let me quickly say I and millions of other South Africans were angered and heartbroken by the xenophobic attacks that erupted in our country just recently. As I am speaking to you, lots of foreigners are currently accommodated in police stations, churches and specail shelters arranged by our government. This was done so that they could receive shelter, food and warmth as it is winter here.

Today, one of our daily newspapers reported that the special donation project they opened for people to donate food, money and everthing, has reached 1 million rands in just two days of its opening. Individual South Africans and some few corporate companies have donated money there in order to take care of the refugees' needs such as basic food, clothing and other health needs. What I am saying is that not all South Africans are involved in this, actually, people who started these violences are just a small population that stays in not more than ten squatter camps across South Africa. It is mostly violent poor locals who have a history of violence amongst themselves as South Africans of different ethnic groups. I would also like to point out that it is not true that the violence was pointed at Nigerians. Actually, more Zimbabweans suffered this than any other African immigrants. Nigerians, Congolese, Mozambicans and many others were just caught in the crossfire since all the attackers just indulged in the violence at random and took advantage of the already out-of-hand situation.

There is no specific war aimed at Nigerians as it is claimed here. The majority of our citizens here, together with our government, corporate companies, NGO's, sports bodies and everyone, has condemned the barbaric attacks in all radio talk shows, newspaper letter pages, websites, chat forums, TV and just about every platform people could find to voice their anger. As I am speaking to you, our newspapers are filled with full page adverts from companies who are condemning the violence. We feel sorry for what our stupid brain-washed fellow locals have done, however, this shoud in no way, be mistaken as an attitude held by every South African. Actually, if there is a country in Africa that is accommodating more Nigerians than any other, it is South Africa, and we have done the same with Zimbabweans and Mozambicans. Current official statistics show that we have more than 5 million African refugees currently staying in our country. I dont think any other African country holds that record.

The attacks were just started by angry people who accuse foreigners of taking their "jobs" but that is not a general South African consensus.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by savanaha: 3:49pm On May 29, 2008
Jakumo:

I have been a long-time advocate of returning to basics and utilizing smoke-signals, drummers and runners for communication, rather than continuing to blindly endorse such defect-prone means of communication as cell-phones and computers which are all designed by the white man to perpetuate our piteous reliance on electricity supplies of the sort that have been exposed in Nigeria as being entirely superfluous.
Here here.

PS. I suspect that all these SA springing up are the same one or two persons people. Only feeling though
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 3:50pm On May 29, 2008
Sello:

Hi everyone. My name is Sello and I am a South African, before I get hammered let me quickly say I and millions of other South Africans were angered and heartbroken by the xenophobic attacks that erupted in our country just recently. As I am speaking to you, lots of foreigners are currently accommodated in police stations, churches and specail shelters arranged by our government. This was done so that they could receive shelter, food and warmth as it is winter here.

Today, one of our daily newspapers reported that the special donation project they opened for people to donate food, money and everthing, has reached 1 million rands in just two days of its opening. Individual South Africans and some few corporate companies have donated money there in order to take care of the refugees' needs such as basic food, clothing and other health needs. What I am saying is that not all South Africans are involved in this, actually, people who started these violences are just a small population that stays in not more than ten squatter camps across South Africa. It is mostly violent poor locals who have a history of violence amongst themselves as South Africans of different ethnic groups. I would also like to point out that it is not true that the violence was pointed at Nigerians. Actually, more Zimbabweans suffered this than any other African immigrants. Nigerians, Congolese, Mozambicans and many others were just caught in the crossfire since all the attackers just indulged in the violence at random and took advantage of the already out-of-hand situation.

There is no specific war aimed at Nigerians as it is claimed here. The majority of our citizens here, together with our government, corporate companies, NGO's, sports bodies and everyone, has condemned the barbaric attacks in all radio talk shows, newspaper letter pages, websites, chat forums, TV and just about every platform people could find to voice their anger. As I am speaking to you, our newspapers are filled with full page adverts from companies who are condemning the violence. We feel sorry for what our stupid brain-washed fellow locals have done, however, this shoud in no way, be mistaken as an attitude held by every South African. Actually, if there is a country in Africa that is accommodating more Nigerians than any other, it is South Africa, and we have done the same with Zimbabweans and Mozambicans. Current official statistics show that we have more than 5 million African refugees currently staying in our country. I don't think any other African country holds that record.

The attacks were just started by angry people who accuse foreigners of taking their "jobs" but that is not a general South African consensus.

I have some questions for you. Why do you feel the need to come in here to apologize or at least point out that you are not of the same mind as the mob?? What do you hope to accomplish by this please  I am just curious.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 3:58pm On May 29, 2008
@ Sello, the larger SA society does condemn the violence, and rightly so. It is a good thing that people have donated to help those displaced. It is my understanding that although Nigerians were also harmed and targeted, the bulk of it and the worst of the violence was directed at Zimbabweans, Malawians etc.

I commend people like yourself and province for letting us know the positive reaction of SA's to the plight of these people.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 4:04pm On May 29, 2008
Sello:

There is no specific war aimed at Nigerians as it is claimed here. The majority of our citizens here, together with our government, corporate companies, NGO's, sports bodies and everyone, has condemned the barbaric attacks in all radio talk shows, newspaper letter pages, websites, chat forums, TV and just about every platform people could find to voice their anger. As I am speaking to you, our newspapers are filled with full page adverts from companies who are condemning the violence. We feel sorry for what our stupid brain-washed fellow locals have done, however, this shoud in no way, be mistaken as an attitude held by every South African. Actually, if there is a country in Africa that is accommodating more Nigerians than any other, it is South Africa, and we have done the same with Zimbabweans and Mozambicans. Current official statistics show that we have more than 5 million African refugees currently staying in our country. I don't think any other African country holds that record.

Thanks for a wonderful post.
I wish you were here last week when one Mpele was running amock like the hoodlums themselves.
South African refugees were all over Africa during apartheid,they received scholarships and housing and were not seen as threats.
Sonny Okosun (now of blessed memories) had us all even at kids yearn for freedom for our South African brothers and sisters in his songs like "fire in Soweto".
I'm glad to read something refreshing from you and some earlier South African posters like Malaika.
We cannot propagate the same evil that we received from the oppressors on others just because they happen to be foreigners.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by sheniqua: 4:08pm On May 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I have some questions for you. Why do you feel the need to come in here to apologize or at least point out that you are not one of the mob?? What do you hope to accomplish by this please I am just curious.

I will dance kokoma and owigiri the day I read anything reasonable from you
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by oziomatv(m): 4:12pm On May 29, 2008
sheniqua:

Nna odikwa egwu.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by dee02(m): 4:12pm On May 29, 2008
With all this South Africans springing up on this forum and this thread in particular, na wa ooo!

I just hope they are not offshoots or offsprings of MAZI MPELE who i hope is fu/cking dead by now

Right now Lucipher has left his ferociously burning abode in hell fire and has found a home in South Africa

From there he has found willing accomplices in young and irate adults who have been looting, harassing and terrorising foreigners!

God dey!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by savanaha: 4:18pm On May 29, 2008
sheniqua:

Thought I was the only one feelinf this way. Good to know am not alone.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 4:29pm On May 29, 2008
Sello:

I think most of us already know this. However maybe now you can understand how some Nigerians feel when people who don't really know the majority of us begin to accuse all of us of committing 419 and drug dealing. The ones you see perpetuating these acts in SA are the scum class of Nigerians who will do anything to survive.

Maybe now when you randonmly meet a Nigerian in another part of the world those stereotypes will not come flying into your brain and likewise when I encounter SAfricans I won't automatically think they are all child raping, xenophobic, intolerant , brainwashed numskulls.

People tend to focus on the negatives.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by morpheus24: 4:31pm On May 29, 2008
savanaha:

Thought I was the only one feelinf this way. Good to know am not alone.

I no say anything oh!

I SAY I NO SAY ANYTHING OH!!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by oziomatv(m): 4:36pm On May 29, 2008
I no go talk, before they ban me.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by mekile: 4:37pm On May 29, 2008
well, black south africans according to culture and beliefs do rape babies.
Nigerians rape monkeys.
I feel sorry for both victims.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

Nigerians rape monkeys.

What do you gain with this?? What do you hope to achieve??
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by oziomatv(m): 4:40pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

Nigerians rape monkeys.
Apathied has eluded your brain.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by mekile: 4:41pm On May 29, 2008
i hope to speak out the truth.

everyone is blaming everyone. Lets at least have some fun while we at it.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Uche2nna(m): 4:41pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

Nigerians rape monkeys.

Is it accepatable to rape babies in South Africa?

Nigerians raping monkeys does not make sense either. At least not to me.

I really dont understand ur point, Mekile
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by mekile: 4:43pm On May 29, 2008
If you read the post correctly, you will see my sympathy for both victims, of course it is not acceptable. this leads me to ask you the question of "Why do you do such sick things?" Babies and monkeys have rights. Please respect them. this goes out to all you tribal folk.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by savanaha: 4:45pm On May 29, 2008
mekile:

Nigerians rape monkeys.

See now that you have no point you have resorted to looking foolish. Mission accomplished.

mekile:

i hope to speak out the truth.

everyone is blaming everyone. Lets at least have some fun while we at it.

Good job at your truth I see to you a wrong is still right.
You still have to answer why if Nigerians are the ones destroying SA why Somolian bussinesses were looted and destroyed? They were mistaken for Nigerians or for kicks and giggles.

Mr. Mpele the  Mpeke is back.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by mekile: 4:45pm On May 29, 2008
oh and one more thing. please can the nigerian authorities do something about the shitty email you guys send out from nigeria about sick billionaires wanting to move their wealth offshore.
come on, its just god damn irritating. It the type of monkeys raping crap the world can do without.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by dee02(m): 4:46pm On May 29, 2008
grin

I said it, i said some infidels have infiltrated Nairaland!!

I always knew the disturbed ghost of MPELE would never rest

Welcome back and we are ready for you and your other South African friends

MEKILE are you MPELE in disguise? talk true now before lucipher strike your mouth with goblets of fire
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by mekile: 4:47pm On May 29, 2008
i dont have a problem with people who are the legitimately, but all the people there who are illegal residents, i say, if you obeyed the law, you would be in a position where you had your shop looted or your bum pinched

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29)

Niger Junta Threatens To Kill Deposed President Bazoum If U.S, ECOWAS Intervene / Gayton McKenzie: Meet SA's New Sports Minister - Bank Robber Turned Politician / Joe Biden Picks Senator Kamala Harris as VP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.