Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,430 members, 7,978,361 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 06:57 AM

Review Any Movie - TV/Movies (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Review Any Movie (58309 Views)

How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Find Direct Download Link Of Any Movie / How To Add Subtitles To Any Movie/TV series (Steps plus a 3mins video tutorial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 5:18pm On Jan 27, 2009
angry tongue
Don't jinx it before it comes out grin

I can't wait for juicy movies to start jare. . .
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 5:21pm On Jan 27, 2009
lmoa. . grin

juicy movies? Which ones you have in mind?
Re: Review Any Movie by spikedcylinder: 5:39pm On Jan 27, 2009
Mad_Max:

Pushaun pushaun thrillers. grin
Guys, a friend of a friend owns a lovely little magazine: World politics, Arts,culture,travel,business,interviews,photography,etc. Pretty extensive range. Would you like to contribute to the film segment? Film reviews and articles on the oscars,golden globes,Hollywood,Bollywood,Nollywood,emmies,whatever?

I've read some pretty great stuff here, bubbly,witty and sometimes vicious as hell, and it's just the sort of thing he likes. If he likes your stuff you get to contribute regularly to the mag. And you get to do your own thing: write what you like when you like. Let me know Vesc, Karma,iice,Spiked, Sisi,Ex,Gamine,Jk, all?

I'll copy this to the other thread.

Money go dey? I want!! I want!!! grin grin
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 5:48pm On Jan 27, 2009
justkunmi:

lmoa. . grin

juicy movies? Which ones you have in mind?

By juicy i meant action/special effects/animation - nothing heavy (drama)
Watchmen kicks it off tongue
I dunno, am thinking of seeing push (Feb) but i have a feeling it might be like jumper undecided
Race to witch mountain
Monsters Vs. Aliens

Then the blockbuster months come
Wolverine (may)
Angels and Demons (may)
Terminator: Salvation (may)

Transformers (june)

There some comedies abi romantic comedies in between but i wan action! grin
I will still see the other ones - can't have it like last year when i missed alot tongue
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 5:57pm On Jan 27, 2009
I really pray this year is not as bad in movies as last year. Cos i watched a lotta crappy movies in 08.
09 must be a good year for movies. .
BTW. . u seen A Good Year? Russel Crowe?  Good movie. See it if you havent.

Would get a full list f movies expected this year.

my most anticipated is Watchmen

then Harry Potter 6. I'm so looking forward to this cos this is where Dumbledore dies.
Would like to see how David Yates pulls this off. He did well in 5.
Best Harry Potter movie so far.

Then Transformers. .
and anything else in between. .
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 6:07pm On Jan 27, 2009
Good year - that wine/vineyard movie?
Yeah it was nice.

I didn't see the leonardo/Russell movie though. . .heard it was bad but i just keep forgetting to see it.

I saw forgetting Sarah Marshall
A bit shocking but i still don't see why people were raving about the movie.
Looked like any other romantic comedy except with some shocking scenes undecided

500 days of summer - i have been hearing raving sundance chatter about this movie.
I think i will see it.
Outlander - this looks nice (sci fi) i just hope they didn't mess up the whole viking thing like the pathfinder angry
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 6:16pm On Jan 27, 2009
You haven't seen Body of Lies? the Leornado / Crowe movie. It was jus alryt. not particularly all that. But trust me, its not a waste of 2 hours. .
I think these old actors are really getting old. Crowe was acting old. . Remember Al and De Niro in Righteous Kill?
maybe he should retire. . grin

Forgettin Sarah Marshall. grin
funny scenes shey? Unnecessary scenes if you ask me. the director just wanted attention.
and was that not Seth Rogen? the guy in Knocked Up with Katherine Heigl? Hate the guy. .
not that funny jare

Havent seen 500 or Outlander. But Outlander is on my playlist.
Would push it up maybe 2 steps. .
Re: Review Any Movie by spikedcylinder: 6:21pm On Jan 27, 2009
Thats true sef. I saw In Bruges last weekend, frigging funny movie! grin
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 6:26pm On Jan 27, 2009
@JK
I haven't seen it yet ooo.
Ok so it's not that bad - il see it then.

Gahh i thought i was the only one who hated Seth Rogen - since Affleck has gone under radar, this dude is now my next victim grin That movie of his is knocked up - rubbish movie.  

You are sooo right, unnecessary scenes in forgetting Sarah Marshall - the funniest parts were his dracula opera thing grin grin

If you remember any movie for me to check out - let me know smiley
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 7:35pm On Jan 27, 2009
Seth Rogen is a doofus. The guy annoys the breath out of me. .
Apart from the fact that i've been staying away from comedies since Meet Dave, he is also a reason I've not seen Pineapple Express.

So you hated Affleck? Lol, I see the trend, lol.

Yeah, I'll let you know movies you should check out. as soon as I remember them. Do the same, K?

First of. You've seen 'the Notebook'? greatest love story of all time if you ask me. Its kinda old sha,
Re: Review Any Movie by dinozzo(m): 11:32pm On Jan 27, 2009
anyone seen passengers starring Anna Torv or is it Hathaway, it was an ok thriller 5 or 6 out of 10.

a rip of outlander is out some good reviews for it, i'll watch that

I'm getting tired of all these drama flicks, i need to see more pushaun pushaun films abeg grin
Re: Review Any Movie by KarmaMod(f): 11:35pm On Jan 27, 2009
I saw forgetting Sarah Marshall
A bit shocking but i still don't see why people were raving about the movie.
Looked like any other romantic comedy except with some shocking scenes

Im disappointed iice. How could you have watched that movie?  cry
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 1:30pm On Jan 28, 2009
KarmaMod:

Im disappointed iice. How could you have watched that movie? cry

Dont blame her. I've done worse. I watched Meet Dave. .
worst movie ever made. .
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2009
justkunmi:

Seth Rogen is a doofus. The guy annoys the breath out of  me. .
Apart  from the fact that i've been staying away from comedies since Meet Dave, he is also a reason I've not seen Pineapple Express.

So you hated Affleck? Lol,  I see the trend, lol.

Yeah, I'll let you know movies you should check out. as soon as I remember them. Do the same,  K?

First of. You've seen 'the Notebook'? greatest love story of all time if you ask me. Its kinda old sha,
Rofl exactly the reason i haven't watched Pineapple Express either. 
Not even James Franco was able to entice me to put up with Seth.

Yup i saw the notebook - it's quite intense but not my greatest grin
Not really into love/romantic movies.  .  .i accidentally caught the notebook on TV it was close to the end that i realized that the movie was the notebook grin
I also stay away from musicals and any movie with nicole kidman as the main star grin

dinozzo:

anyone seen passengers starring Anna Torv or is it Hathaway, it was an ok thriller 5 or 6 out of 10.

a rip of outlander is out some good reviews for it, i'll watch that

I'm getting tired of all these drama flicks, i need to see more pushaun pushaun films abeg grin
LMAO! it's hathaway, i was thinking of watching it.  .  .a 5 is not bad.

Hahhh a rip is out ey?  I will look for it.

KarmaMod:

Im disappointed iice. How could you have watched that movie?  cry
LOL! i was bored and waiting for another movie to buffer, i saw it and decided to watch it just to get it over with - at least i didn't get to pay for it tongue

justkunmi:

worst movie ever made. .

She knows i got better taste than you that tongue
I warned you na to stay away from Eddie Murphy's movies grin
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 2:53pm On Jan 28, 2009
iice. .
You hate Nicole Kidman that much too? lmao grin
I think I need a list of ur most hated actors. . .cos it looks like ur hate arrow always points in the same direction as mine. .
Seth, Nicole, Eddie. .  grin wink

and on Eddie. .i still havent gotten over the trauma of watching that movie. It would take me watching like 20 great movies to totally erase the thoughts.

Notebook was very nice IMO. Pure undiluted love. Love without condition. even when she lost her mind, the guy still loved her. .
twas some heavy stuff. .
no love movies for now. .
I need me some Science trillers. . .but no one is thinkin in that direction. . only gay stuff around cheesy cheesy grin

You seen Reign of Fire?
Matthew McConaughey, Christian Bale, Gerard Butler. .
Was watching it yesterday nite but was waaaay too tired so i slept off. It looked kinda interesting. .and the cast is very enticing.
Would surely see it when I get home tonite. .
Re: Review Any Movie by iice(f): 3:08pm On Jan 28, 2009
Yeah nicole can make me comatose from boredom tongue
I also stay away from Boll movies angry angry That guy eh angry

Ahahahaha thank goodness i didn't watch meet dave because after Norbit which through no fault of mine (my brother angry) i ended up watching, i decided to stay away. . .till i hear something positive about his movies.

Hahhhh awww that's sweet LOL.

Yup i have seen reign of fire. . .that's like what? 2003?
Matthew had this huge gorgeous bod kiss

Hmmmm sci fi? Not really big on those (movies that is, love the books though)
Re: Review Any Movie by KarmaMod(f): 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2009
worst movie ever made. .

I expect way better from her than you tongue

iice, there's one Nicole Kidman movie you should watch that you'd probably like which is DogVille. That's the one movie of hers that I respect.
Re: Review Any Movie by Faru: 11:22pm On Jan 28, 2009
Hi Gamine,
I sincerely wish n hope u see this. Pardon me 4 I underrated u.
After a sojourn thru d blogs I discovered u 've been the most sort
after female on the forum. Though u might be a little bit controversial
or weird but I have very strong admiration for u wit n intellectual acumen.

The issues am bring to u r extra nairaland matters n are strictly personal
as such nairaland will not serve an appropriate medium 4 such discussion.
If I wld confess, I ve lost concentration on my activities as reaching u has
taken d no1 spot on my scale of preference; makin it my no1 priority. Pls I need
2 reach u though it's becoming highly frustrating 4 me, I cant blame u as events
of d past can really block way 4 anyone tryn reach u no matter r genuine or sincere
his intentions are.

The email address I asked u 2 contact me via was opened strictly 4 ds transaction
so u can take a cue 4m that. Irrespective of what ur decisions are I wld respect n
honor them. But 4 ds silence - It is killing me softly.
aicomiare@yahoo.com
Re: Review Any Movie by MadMax1(f): 10:22am On Jan 29, 2009
This Faru guy here again? shocked
Gamine you have a stalker.
How romantic. grin

@Spiked
Ole!
I don't know. I'll ask my friend. But the magazine publisher's a prize-winning journalist, and very hard to impress. So you're going to have to give him good stuff.  Which is stuff you already have,right? grin
Re: Review Any Movie by Epi: 2:11pm On Jan 29, 2009
Napolean Dynamite (gazillion time watching it)

Awesomely funny.  Love when Pedro shaved his hair and he was explainig to Napolean why he did it.  oh yea, not to mention this part

Deb: It's Deb. And I'm calling to let you know I think you're a shallow friend.
Napoleon Dynamite: What the heck are you even talking about?
Deb: Don't lie, Napoleon. Your Uncle Rico made it very clear how you feel about me. I don't need herbal enhancers to feel good about myself. And if you're so concerned about that, why don't you try eating some yourself?
[Deb hangs up on him]
Deb: [Stunned, Napoleon hangs up and goes out to confront Uncle Rico]

DWL  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Review Any Movie by spikedcylinder: 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2009
Mad_Max:

@Spiked
Ole!
I don't know. I'll ask my friend. But the magazine publisher's a prize-winning journalist, and very hard to impress. So you're going to have to give him good stuff.  Which is stuff you already have,right? grin

grin grin grin
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 1:55pm On Jan 30, 2009
saw Che yesterday
Anyone seen it?

nice movie, Really nice.
Del Toro's performance especially was nice. .

lookin for more Soderbergh movies
Re: Review Any Movie by Gamine(f): 7:07pm On Jan 30, 2009
I just watched Wanted, .

im still very undecided , Angelina was too thin cry

McAvoy did not convince me at all, except for the loser part

ah well, i loved that they all died though, nice soundtrack too
Re: Review Any Movie by doyin13(m): 8:57pm On Jan 30, 2009
I don't know if anyone noticed, the very taut posture Obama struck just as he was about to be announced to the crowd during his inaguration. The self confidence that seemingly came to him naturally was missing and the weight of the task ahead dawned on him. I can't think of a lonelier position than ''the president of the free world'', with solipsism as a given, and knowing the impact your decisions have not only on Americans but also to billions around the world.

Which is why it surprises why countless apply to fill the position, enduring sleepless nights, wearing plastic smiles, shaking hands with savoury and unsavoury characters alike, going cap in hand to raise money to be President. The attraction of the position might lie in what the Nixon character says in the movie Frost/Nixon. According to him, the President is above the law. The President can tap the offices of his opponents and not be called to account for it. He is all powerful, the manifestation of the Nietzchean ubermensch, and one can feel the bitterness which Nixon still felt at being cut down to the size of we mere humans.

The film is pretty good. . . Slumdog millionaire was my favourite film of last year up till I saw this film. One commentator calls it a political documentary molded in the shape of a Rocky flick, and I don't think I can come up with a better description. Sir David Frost made his name from these interviews, the man that broke Nixon, but this film seemed to suggest Frost won because Nixon wanted him to win.

Even the ubermensch need companions, and relief from the load they bear.
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 9:21am On Jan 31, 2009
Just saw ''Slumdog Millionnaire''. Def'ly one of the greatest movies of last year.
Very gripping story.

Laughed my heart out when Jamal practically 'went through shit' just to see the biggest actor in India, Lol. Twas crazy.
. . .and the part where he pretended to be a tour guide also got me cracking.
A woman asked how a certain woman died. He said ''in a tragic road accident''. Her husband lookin surprised said ''but I thought she died during childbirth''? Jamal, looking all confused quickly said ''yeah, on the way to the hospital''. Lmoa.

Real nice. Already won at the Golden Globes. Would def'ly get some Oscars.

PS. They just had to dance at the end, lol. Indian style, lol
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 9:24am On Jan 31, 2009
Frost/Nixon was nice too. .
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 9:24am On Jan 31, 2009
Watching Changeling. .
Looking good. .
Re: Review Any Movie by Faru: 10:58pm On Jan 31, 2009
@ Mad_Max
This Faru guy here again?
How romantic.

I must confess this's d craziest situation i find myself in recent time.
'Am caught up in a web of an unpleasant situation and his really
making me terribly bad. I wld love u 2 assume the status of my sister at ds instance,
so kindly give your sisterly counsel. How do u deal wt a situation like this? When u spend
all of ur time thinkin abt some1 n yet she is completely oblivious of ur existence. Not even
the sligthest opportunity 2 express yourself or even make your intentions known. Yet as annoying
n embarrassing the situation has become 4 me I cant take my mind off it 'cos ''THE SACRED GAMINE''
has d key 2 d door that 's been shut unto me since birth. So what do I do?
Re: Review Any Movie by Faru: 11:02pm On Jan 31, 2009
@ Mad_Max
This Faru guy here again?
How romantic.

I must confess this's d craziest situation i find myself in recent time.
'Am caught up in a web of an unpleasant situation and his really
making me terribly bad. I wld love u 2 assume the status of my sister at ds instance,
so kindly give your sisterly counsel. How do u deal wt a situation like this? When u spend
all of ur time thinkin abt some1 n yet she is completely oblivious of ur existence. Not even
a slight opportunity 2 express yourself or even make your intentions known.  Yet as annoying
n embarrassing the situation has become 4 me I cant take my mind off it Cos ''THE SACRED GAMINE''
has d key 2 d door that 's been shut unto me since birth. So what do I do?
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 12:20am On Feb 01, 2009
Who is this Faru guy Someone please give this guy what he wants!!!! He should stop polluting threads all over!. .
Re: Review Any Movie by justkunmi(m): 12:20am On Feb 01, 2009
Who is this Faru guy Someone please give this guy what he wants!!!! He should stop polluting threads all over!. .
Re: Review Any Movie by spikedcylinder: 8:38am On Feb 02, 2009
Nawa o. Gamine save this guy na. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (41) (Reply)

BBNaija: Alex Suffers Nip Slip On Live Eviction Show / TSTV: Angry GOTV Subscribers Grumble Over Poor Services / BBNaija: Cee-C And Tobi Finally Kissed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.