Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,139 members, 7,887,295 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:10 AM

Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court (47678 Views)

CJN Unhappy Over Conflicting Decisions By Appeal Court Divisions / David Mark's Election Nullified By Appeal Court, Fresh Election Ordered / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by halavoke: 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
plasgidy: shame to nigeria and the handlers of nigeria afairs, was james ibori not freed in nigeria when he was cot in uk what happend, if mustafa is to be in uk with this case he will surely get life jail, nija judicial system have a very long way to go.

Don't get it twisted, dis is nt d same kinda case as dat of tif james ibori, if he was in d UK he wud b court-martialed by a military tribunal nt a civilian court. Must tins b upside down in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by cdoffx(m): 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
euromoney: Kudirat is dead, Mustapha is free. The question then arises who orchestrated Kudirat Abiola's death? Another unsolved murder case to add to the already bulging murder mysteries in Nigeria's history..Smdh

there is an answer ma'am General Sanni Abacha but unfortunately for him to be tried someone has to fetch him from hell. Which i'm sure not even the son of Kudirat nor you will want to do

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by ayewahjohn: 5:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
i'm hapi 4 him,he followed oga at d top odas.shikena.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by ceeethru(m): 5:58pm On Jul 12, 2013
only God will save dis nation.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by ablyguy(m): 5:58pm On Jul 12, 2013
9jaguy7: For those of us that have nt registered with Th National identity management commission NIMC should nt border doing it cos its for the 666. Go to ur google and search for "signs of the end time and nimc" and read it ursef. Let no 1 deceive u.

My matric no had 666 in it. So I should have rejected the admisson ba?

3 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by soarz(m): 5:58pm On Jul 12, 2013
Naa woo for Niaja........Al-Mustapha to be discharged & acquitted
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by thelastPope(m): 5:58pm On Jul 12, 2013
80 percent of NL are kids. It is becoming a real pain participating.

2 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by duality(m): 6:04pm On Jul 12, 2013
thelastPope: 80 percent of NL are kids. It is becoming a real pain participating.

Real pain; I tell yah.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by ThankGodEdeh(m): 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2013
"The appellate court's decision to set Almustapha free is an unfortunate display of judicial politics, to say the least, and will send the wrong signal that highly connected people can easily get away with impunity in this country"
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by CHIDONE: 6:17pm On Jul 12, 2013
Good for him.Current Nigeria security situation does not need this man tiono be hanged. if nt you will start hearing Pro-mustapha demonstration
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by craigj: 6:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
Okoro2015: grin grin grin
Good. Time for some APC guys and their sympathizers to proceed on exile...... grin

GBAM GBAM GBAM!!!! We go too hear news!!! Secrets shall be made known.. Watch out

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by bootlegaz: 6:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
My interest is to hear him spill the Beans......Yoruba leaders and theirs sons will come out in drove to debunk his memoir. ...They will give him the Achebe Propaganda treatment without providing evidence to back their defence grin grin

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Anvaller: 6:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
Orikinla: The dice is cast.

2015 elections will be melodramatic black comedy.

I can only "wow" at this one..

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by ewet: 6:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
Now the SW will be screaming blue murder. And thy hav bin givng anoda reason to dislike GEJ. This case whether you like it or not is a very touchy 1 for the SW.I bet thy wnt take it lightly.

The battle has just begun!
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by lee007(m): 6:35pm On Jul 12, 2013
PAINFUL PAINFUL PAINFUL!

ITS A REAL PAIN THAT MOST KIDS COMMENTING HERE KNOW NEXT TO NOTHING ABOUT HOW THESE GUYS RULED NAIJA IN THE MID 1990'S.

ALMUSTAPHA IS AN ANIMALISTIC COLD BLOODED KILLER WHO PERSONALLY SAW TO THE KILLING OF SCORES OF NIGERIANS AND FORCED MANY MORE'GOOD' NIGERIANS ABROAD TILL DATE. KUDIRAT'S ASSASSINAION IS JUST A SLICE OF THE WHOLE PIE.

WELLL I KNOW THIS RULING AQUITTING HIM AFTER THESE YEARS IS VERY POLITICAL AND WE WILL ALL WATCH AND SEE WHAT GOODLUCK WILL TURN THIS COUNTRY TO, ENOUGH SAID!

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2013
Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, the dreaded former Chief Security Officer to late military ruler, Gen. Sani Abacha, was discharged and acquitted because there is no concrete evidence linking him with the murder, on June 4, 1996, of Kudirat Abiola, wife of the deceased winner of the June 12, 1993 presidential election, Chief MKO Abiola.

This is the explanation given by the justices of the Court of Appeal Lagos who this afternoon dismissed charges of conspiracy to murder levelled against Al-Mustapha by the Lagos State Government, which has been prosecuting him. The court in a unanimous decision ruled that there was no direct circumstantial evidence that he conspired with anyone as evidence of prosecution witnesses in that regard were contradictory.

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=2232&title=Kudirat%E2%80%99s-murder:-Why-court-freed-Al-Mustapha-%E2%80%A2Lawyers-speak

Where did you guys get your following orders theory.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:41pm On Jul 12, 2013
You don't throw people in jail based on rumors and gists. This is done to protect the innocent. You only jail people or give them capital punishment with evidences which are concrete.
lee007: PAINFUL PAINFUL PAINFUL!

ITS A REAL PAIN THAT MOST KIDS COMMENTING HERE KNOW NEXT TO NOTHING ABOUT HOW THESE GUYS RULED NAIJA IN THE MID 1990'S.

ALMUSTAPHA IS AN ANIMALISTIC COLD BLOODED KILLER WHO PERSONALLY SAW TO THE KILLING OF SCORES OF NIGERIANS AND FORCED MANY MORE'GOOD' NIGERIANS ABROAD TILL DATE. KUDIRAT'S ASSASSINAION IS JUST A SLICE OF THE WHOLE PIE.

WELLL I KNOW THIS RULING AQUITTING HIM AFTER THESE YEARS IS VERY POLITICAL AND WE WILL LL WATCH AND SEE WHAT GOODLUCK WILL TURN THIS COUNTRY TO, ENOUGH SAID!
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by joseph1832(m): 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
Maxymilliano:

I love this part ... This guy deserve to be freed!
Who then planned and killed Kudirat? When will Nigerians ever see a solved political murder case in this country? you are here saying he deserved to be freed...
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by lee007(m): 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: You don't throw people in jail based on rumors and gists. This is done to protect the innocent. You only jail people or give them capital punishment with evidences which are concrete.

MR MAN! KUDIRAT'S KILLING WAS NOT A RUMOR, WHAT CAVE DID YOU CRAWL OUT FROM? AND HOW OLD ARE YOU....DID YOU EVER READ ABOUT SGT ROGERS AND HIS TESTIMONY IN THIS CASE?

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
joseph1832:
Who then planned and killed Kudirat? When will Nigerians ever see a solved political murder case in this country? you are here saying he deserved to be freed...

Should the major be killed without proof to satisfy our hunger of solving political murders?
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Rhemmymatician(m): 6:45pm On Jul 12, 2013
Fadelex:
shut dat tap that is leaking, r u a military man? where in d military have you heard or seen that refusing to kill some1 is termed as disobedience? so if ur superior asked u to fire ur father or mother u will gladly obey? he is responsible for his action, and btw I'm tellin u wat I know cuz I'm among.. stop quoting textbook for us
Don't cuss.....
Smh4u Disobedience is Disobedience.....
"You are among...."? Biko bia among what now. Wetin you dey among no get name?
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:45pm On Jul 12, 2013
lee007:

MR MAN! KUDIRAT'S KILLING WAS NOT A RUMOR, WHAT CAVE DID YOU CRAWL OUT FROM? AND HOW OLD ARE YOU....DID YOU EVER READ ABOUT SGT ROGERS AND HIS TESTIMONY IN THIS CASE?
Did you read that the witnesses confessed they were paid to lie against Al-Mustapha?

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by rextermail: 6:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
Azone: Al-Mustapha for President..From Grass to Grace..From Prison to Mansion...Naija I dey hail o, Una no dey fail o.
Now is that not the same thing that happened to obj?
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by tadysmart(m): 6:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
congrats Al-Mustapha now you can enjoy your freedom,I know they might appeal the judgement but you shall also free. The journey to your freedom has begone.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by mu2sa2: 6:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
beylinko: Good for him, enough troubles have circled round his head already. I wont be surprised seeing him at the polls contesting for the governorship position of his state come 2015.
This guy has a groundswell of public sympathy flowing his way and will win any election in his state. Shame on the tribalists who hav caused him to be kept behind bars for this long - from OBJ to the malleable judge who convicted him on flimsy discredited evidence they should bury their heads in shame. The shameless judge was taking orders from tribalist politicians.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Rhea(f): 6:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hamza Al-Mustapha for senate 2015
Fee-Dee-Fee!!
Fower to da feeful!!
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by ekolina(m): 6:53pm On Jul 12, 2013
A well deserve judgement.......u r no a criminal major Hamza
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Ping411: 6:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
Family, friends party following acquittal of Al-Mustapha

Anxious family members and friends of Hamza Al-Mustapha, on Friday, besieged the gates of the Kirikiri Maximum Security Prisons, Apapa, Lagos, in anticipation of his release, following his discharge and acquittal by the Court of Appeal on Friday.

The jubilant crowd could barely hide their pleasure at the news of the release of the former chief security officer, after 15 years in detention.

His immediate younger brother, Hadi Al-Mustapha, said that he was overwhelmed by the judgment of the Court of Appeal; adding that he could barely utter any word when he heard the decision of the court, but to thank Allah.

A factional leader of the O’odua Peoples Congress, Fredrick Fasheun, who was also at the prison, said that Nigeria was beginning to witness a new dawn in the Judiciary, with this development.

“To God be the glory, being incarcerated for 14 to 15 years is no joke,” he said. “So when a person regains his freedom from such, we then give all praises and glory to God. So, we thank the Nigerian people, the government and the three God-directed judges; they did well. We are beginning to have some respect for our judiciary, especially the three judges, who have shown that there is still hope for the voiceless and the average Nigerian.”

Nuru Magani, Publicity Secretary, Arewa Youth Foundation said: “The Arewa Forum is overwhelmed with today’s proceedings. It is beyond our imagination, we never thought that the Nigerian judiciary could be so meticulous. Today’s judgment by the court, presided over by Justice Amina Augie, has shown that this case is beyond politics or any group’s interest.

http://telegraphng.com/2013/07/family-friends-party-following-acquittal-of-al-mustapha/

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by xbalm(m): 6:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
Personally, I'm glad this man is finally acquited and discharged. Most times it takes being in the system to know how the system works. Somethings go wrong and you are made to carry the cross simply because "they" believe you should have commited the act or influenced it...a mere assumption and when flamed by whatever forces that never wanted it be in the first place, holds ground.

And now that the major is a free man, cheesy hmmmn! what is it that people say about the cat and the bag sef grin

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by blackedwin: 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
2015 game just started,watch out guys all those from the north that says Joe Boy should not contest will begin to align cos the keeper of records has just been released."Condition for release silence the north and you get your freedom" I luv Joe boy grin grin grin
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 12, 2013
I hope y'all congratulating this murderer will be proud you did in the nearest future. Just imagine someone acting on orders kill your loved one and acquitted in court. Would you still say the same thing? Most of you are happy because he's been pronounced innocent of a case charged against him by a group from the South-West-an opposition. I pity you guys! I know people who are old enough when that born-killer was still in power would agree with me that his kind are not life worthy.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:11pm On Jul 12, 2013
Emeka Ugwuonye, who practices both in Nigeria and the USA, correctly predicted the judgement. Addressing members of his group, the Due Process Advocates (DPA), Ugwuonye wrote this morning on Facebook:

“Today, the Court of Appeal will deliver judgment on the appeal filed by Al Mustapha against the judgment of the Lagos State High Court finding him guilty and sentencing him to death.

“I wanted to alert our members to this development, particularly because it is likely that the judgment of the High Court would be reversed the judgment of the High Court, and that could mean that Al Mustapha will be set free immediately. It is not a sentimental thing. It is the law and evidence.”

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan / Ghana Becomes Nigeria’s Biggest Trade Partner After Border Closure / Ahmed Taiwo At Lekki Panel: 'I Wish I Brought A Rifle To Try It On You' - Jokes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.