Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,798 members, 7,915,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 07:29 PM

TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria (59652 Views)

Conrad Mbewe Accuses TB Joshua Of Demonic Predictions & Fake Prophecies / “God Has Anointed Me To Lead A Revolution Against Islamic Jihadists” – Oyedepo / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by NellyGhenghen(m): 11:05am On Jul 16, 2013
I'm gonna be like the napoleon bonaparte of this revolution, smiley quisuis-je grin
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by nsikakudom: 11:09am On Jul 16, 2013
"Dis is not a prophecy buh its mere statin d obvious"....r u 4real Dis is y we remain @ dsame level cos we think we know it all....if u knew already,y didn't u make it known and profer solutions?stop criticizin!!!!!!!!! Wat dat man has seen/done in his lyf,u can't do even if u were given a century...stop condemin wat u don't understand...in ur own tiny,lil world...make a change...
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by tinnymerit(m): 11:11am On Jul 16, 2013
Maxymilliano: Nothing of such will happen, except for the usual paid protest by rented crowds ...
Seconded,revolution cant happen in Nigeria.With estimated 250 tribes and 150 languages it wont come into play and also many still love their lives especially the yorubas though many termed as cowardice but life is worth living even without money and food.My 2 rupees.
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by Godmann(m): 11:15am On Jul 16, 2013
MAYOWAAK: I have been wondering on the desirability of a Nigerian revolution as the calls become more frequent and intense. Are those calling for a revolution aware of its far-reaching impact or they simply assume it’s another buzzword they can bandy about? Are they mere pessimists who have found a cliché to romance so they will not have to address critical issues? Are they perhaps overwhelmed by the troubles with Nigeria and resorted to calling for a revolution as a sort of pacifier? Is there an ideology driving these calls or it’s just a nostrum that gives them time to do nothing?

How many of them have engaged in strategic thinking in readiness for the fall of the present administration? In fact, has it occurred to them that a revolution would mean at least toppling the present system of government and replacing it with something else, radically different? Have they thought of how to avoid a power vacuum post-revolution so that while we chase out one demon, seven others do not replace it? Or is this a case of “Let the Empire fall first”? What if we start it and the military hijacks it? Are Nigerians prepared to start all over again under a military government? Can they resist the military? Weapons, anyone?

Of course, we can compare the famous examples of revolution: French, Russian, Nazi and American. The first three had revolutionaries turned autocrats, more evil than their predecessors; the last one was comparatively successful because the founding fathers worked assiduously to build a great nation from scraps they wrested from the Empire. Does Nigeria have such selfless forward-thinking fathers/mothers waiting in the wings, ready to rebuild?

Have those who think a revolution will solve anything taken cultural specificity into account? Do they imagine Nigerians have as much staying power as the Egyptians or Syrians to sustain a revolution? Or we would soon be eager to get back to the rituals of our daily grind while hoping some other people keep up the fight?

Have we reviewed our history enough to question whether revolution is for us? Africa is full of old men who were youth revolutionaries but became a bigger plague on their countries than HIV/AIDS. The 1966 coup in Nigeria is a revolution in and of itself; till today, Nigeria is still giddy from its after-effects.

Wishful thinking is not a bad thing but can revolution advocates state how their end desires differ from what is already stated in the Constitution and why we need a revolution to achieve them? What really fascinates them about a revolution? The spectacles of violence and bloodshed, or a genuine desire for change? If the latter, is a revolution really necessary? Won’t protest culture or even rebellion suffice? Won’t a more participatory citizenship be far more helpful? I have put out all these questions, not necessarily to seek answers but for us to interrogate our thoughts.

Very soon, we would be called upon to begin the process of electing a fresh set of leaders. Rather than expressing outrage the President plans to re-contest, it is up to us to act with circumspection. It is our duty not to be carried away when our leaders start crawling to religious grounds or kneeling before gods. They will cut a perfect picture of pathetic prayer projects when they assume a humble stance and announce they need divine wisdom. When that time comes, can Nigerians transcend all this vaudeville and reject directionless and clueless leadership? Can we transcend tribalism, ethnicity, regionalism, sexism and all those factors that have successfully held us down in the past and choose more worthwhile people to lead us? That might be a revolution to look forward to.

Thanks for the Trunshi. At the right time, the people will revolt. What may not happen is the right type of leadership arising from their revolt. We have seen several Revolutions that was hijacked by reactionary elements without vision; but also were there those that gave rise to progressive hands in power. Our task is to ensure that when the Revolution comes, the evil people do not hijact it.
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 16, 2013
Na only for Nairaland una dey make noise...rofl...if any of you gets an opportunity to question GEJ you would be mute.

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by Adetuyilekan: 11:29am On Jul 16, 2013
We are all waiting where wil it start from left or righ i deh campe no shaking.i can't wait to see d revolution youth deh ves
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by visalo: 11:40am On Jul 16, 2013
If only revolution can divide this country, i will be very glad. enough of being togetherness.
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by visalo: 11:48am On Jul 16, 2013
deeptesting: Pretty sure the people in power seem not to understand the feelings of the people....The people are fed up, no road, no light, no water, no job, no food, no medical facility, young and eligible men cannot marry and grow their family, the frustration is running people crazy...the youths as a result of the artificial poverty created by the rulers have thrown all moral values to the dogs and are doing the unmentionable within and outside the country just to keep body and soul together, yet the rulers because we dont have leaders keep waging uneccesary war among themselves to hold on to power rather than resiging to be elder statesmen, they have become so entrapped in the pursuit of their selfish interest that they are all suffering from terminal hallucination, thinking that they are the smartest people, who can perpetually keep the youths in the background, while using those that are gullible as political thugs to achieve their selfish interest and disenfranchise the educated with lack of jobs. We take consolation in the fact that the only constant in life is CHANGE...Nigeria will not be the least.

No road, no light, no water. mumu hypocrite..upon what this government is doing concerning the revitalization of our road, you are still head bend to bring down GEJ government. a life of a sadist is what you are living.
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 16, 2013
As I type this, Rumuobiakani youths are protesting at the gate of Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria which operates in their domain. They claim they have over 4,000 employable graduates who can work in Shell yet they remain jobless.

In another development, youths under the aegis of Grassroot Democratic Initiative are currently protesting at the Port Harcourt International Airport, Omagwa over the influx of Northern Elders and Governors into the state to garner support for Governor Amaechi.

T.B. Joshua might be right afterall, na so e dey start
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by factuallogik: 12:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
This my thought on the issue
Is a change required as to how the affairs of the local governments, staTes and the country as a whole is run ? DFFINITELY YES

A lot of people are craving for a revolution and I completely agree that its necessary, but the most important thing is that we need a structured revolution?

A revolution occurs when a group of people that are dis-satisfied with the current state of affairs choose to take matters into their own hands and effectively seize power from the current ruling class who are the root cause of the problem with which they are currently contending.

A large percentage of the peepe on nairaland are fed up with the current situation, over 80% of Nigerian are tired of the state of the country , everyody is complaining of hunger, unemployment, corruption, inequality...Now these stated issue provide the fuel required for the masses to arise and request a change

I stated intially that a structured approach is needed such the events of Occupy Nigeria dont occur again.

When the people choose to stand up, the people need to have a clear understanding of the inherent problem,, they need to understand in detail what exactly they are trying to acheive and how exactly they will go about achieving this goal.

All these questions already have answers, the people know the local governments chairmen that get allocations and do nothing to better the state of their constituents, the people know the people that occupy public positions of authority and who have been saddled with the responsibility of putting in place policies , executing policies and projects to make then life of the typical nigerian better and whom do nothing but siphon allocated funds to their personal pockets and those of their croonies.

The solution isnt necessarily rocket science, it just needs to be structured with every participant undertstanding what they are doing, why they are doing it and how they intend to complete it

The final question would be to " WHO REPLACES THE CORRUPT AND INEFFICIENT LEADER THAT HAVE BEEN OUSTED FROM POWER"... one cannot replace one evil with another evil and expect a different result.

Credilble leaders with proven integrity and abilities need to be identified and available to replace the ousted inefficient crop of wicked leaders, but these credible people also have to participate in this so call revolution.

The situation is simple, UNTIL YOU ARE DIS-SATISFIED WITH YOUR SITUATION , YOU CANNOT TAKE THE NECESSARY STEPS TO GET OUT OF IT.

If the wholoe nation isnt ready to demand a change, the few that genuinely crave for a change can alwsays do this.... there is no absolute guarantee of success in a revolution.. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THE MESSAGE BEEN PROPAGATED AND THE DEMANDS BEEN MADE... AS LON G AS THE MESSAGE IS TRUE.. IT WILL NEVER DIE AND WILL EVENTUALLY SUCCEED.....

The beauty about the Nigerian situation is the truth which is that a change is desperately needed--- with the right message, properly coordinated and informaed masses... and a true craving for a better tomorrow... I see no reason why the people cant stand up and obtain the change they crave.

The current ruling class will literally do nothing for the masses if they dont have to.. human nature is naturally greedy and if the rulers know that the people will remain docile while they continue to rob and ammass stupendous amounts of wealth... if the rulers know that there are no repercussions for their actions , they will do nothing differently.... and unfortunately, this is the case in Nigeria....

SUMMARY
=======

A structured approach is needed in demanding the change that the people need.
With the right people occupying positions of authority... we wouldnt be having these problems wwhch we complain of every day.

Solution
==========
REMOVE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM , AND THE SYMPTOMS WILL DISAPPEAR ... this is not rocket science, its simple logic.

THINGS NEED TO CHANGE

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 16, 2013
kelvincoll:

Just "Retardeen"..? Like he is the only one ruining this country? undecided c'mon dude, sentiments aside, you can do better than this. We are talking of WIDE SPREAD REVOLUTION!

it shall include Tinubu & all other pretended & emergency "progressives".
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by ATMCARD2(m): 12:21pm On Jul 16, 2013
ndala:

https://www.facebook.com/tbjministries/posts/428416487279133
.I will mobilize n lead North Central(s),even though am wrking.
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by Quelme: 12:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
Maxymilliano: Nothing of such will happen, except for the usual paid protest by rented crowds ...
e go soon clear for your eyes. Ewu!
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by MOORCHMOORE(m): 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
I don't see this as "prophesy", he sounds "manipulative or motivational". Over the years, the Nigerian youth have been expressing their anger with the way our leaders are running the affairs of this nation, its evidence with the youth restiveness. His observation has similarities with the Yoruba epic wright "The gods are to blame" (Odewale and co.) correct me if I'm wrong. My observation is that if T.B had not proclaimed this, I don't think the Nigerian youths will go that length he estimated. But because he is world acclaimed Prophet, whom lots of youth looks up to, it might come to pass.
I think what I like is were He's advising Govt. to involve youth into the streamline of Nigerian govt and politics, also follow it up by engaging youth in his ministry.
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by Mopolchi: 12:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
Rubbish.
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by Jilo83(m): 1:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
That is what i'm seeing too
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by tunex23: 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2013
trolling: it doesnt take rocket science to figure that out just as the revolution is coming to us in the ussa, oppresion makes a wise man mad,my signature says 2014 n beyond is gonna be ugly
seriosly it time 4 we nigeria youth 2 coperate irrespective of our tribe, religion, and ethnicity. I believe in change and that change can only come tru revolution as far as nigeria is concern!
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by tunex23: 2:12pm On Jul 16, 2013
trolling: it doesnt take rocket science to figure that out just as the revolution is coming to us in the ussa, oppresion makes a wise man mad,my signature says 2014 n beyond is gonna be ugly
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by Zeeworld: 2:23pm On Jul 16, 2013
"SIGHS"
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by Erifenz: 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2013
I don't think the youth is ready for any revolution they even busy planing how to rig election come 2015 for ruling party pdp
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by mooninsun(m): 2:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
Can the river accommodate an ocean? I doubt it. Let all west africa countries prepare for the doom if Nigeria is gulf by revolution.
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by ccollins(m): 2:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
yeap, just like when MICHEAL JACKSON SAID IN "THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US" THAT TREPIDATION,AGGRAVATION , TELL ME WHAT HAS BECOME OF MY RIGHTS, I REALLY HATE TO SAY IT BUT THE GOVERNMENT DO NOT WANT SEE IT...... i wont be suprised abt a revolution occuring in Nigeria. the nigeria government do not care abt the youths
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by ccollins(m): 2:33pm On Jul 16, 2013
oyaaaa, NIG MILITARY AND POLICE... COME OUT AND KILL INNOCENT PEOPLE AND OPPRESS THE RIOTS AND THE LIVE OF 1 PERSON MAY LEAD TO MANY MORE ANGER grin grin grin grin grin grin wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by frainc(m): 2:41pm On Jul 16, 2013
GOD pls, if dis ll be my only prayer u ll answer, den lets dis EVOLUTION come very fast
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by rayedge: 3:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
[quote author=ThankGod Edeh]Think of what you can do for your Nigeria and Not what Nigeria can do or have done for you. The ugly truth is that youths depends on the gov't for everything and THERE IS NO WAY THE GOVT CAN EMPLOY EVERYBODY. My fellow good citizens, we can be self employed, we can be entrepreneurs, we can have a thousand people on our pay roll. Let us try to be useful to ourselves by acquiring skills(HANDWORK) that will put food on our table. Your future is in your hands. You better start that Your reference has demeaned your seemingly not-too-bad write-up. I have plenty of respect for the person of Dangote because he used the life line given him by his late uncle, which we all know to be genuine. So i do not which you drag him in for mudslinging. But for the criminal accomplice. Adenuga who is sitting on an empire own by one of the men who have contributed in running this country aground.
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by sleekmike(m): 3:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
His prophecies have not failed for once... Nigeria should heed this warning or prepare for it. Ihave followed his prophecies and I have no doubt in my mind
Re: TB Joshua Sees A Revolution In Nigeria by factuallogik: 3:33pm On Jul 16, 2013
[quote author=rayedge][/quote]
"
Think of what you can do for your Nigeria and Not what Nigeria can do or have done for you. "

THATS JUST PROPER RUBBISH

There is a reason for a government... the government exists to put in place policies that will positively affect the lifes of the populace.
These policies affect several factors such as infrastructure provision , electricity to employment provision for its citizens.

Its the governments responsibility to create a enabling environment such that businesss can thrive, an enabling environment includes existing and working infrastructure such as electricity and good raod, reasonable fiscal policies that will enable new and existing businesses grow and succeed.

So when some folks come here and say that the government is not responsible for the plight of its citizens... THATS UTTER RUBBISH AND IS SO SO SO WRONG.....

When a functional government exists, the people will thrive cause the necessary pre-requisites for wealth creation will exist.

The statement "Think of what you can do for your Nigeria and Not what Nigeria can do or have done for you" does not apply in any way to the state of the country and its masses and is just a very lazy attempt to defend the current comatose state of the country and the suffering people line ...thats a non-related phrase stolen from some foreign speech...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pastor Psalm Okpe Of Fresh Oil Ministry And The Singer That Died In Benin Hotel / FG Frowns As States Reopen Mosques, Churches / Olukoya Set To Lose Mountain Of Fire Prayer City - Sahara Reporters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.