Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,115 members, 7,977,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 10:28 PM

Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police (40401 Views)

Chidi Lloyd's Plans To Flee Foiled By Police / Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers / Rivers State Crisis; Chidi Lloyd And His Terror Master (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by yeriyamaruma(f): 4:46pm On Jul 17, 2013
Guday everybody, pls Chidi IS̶̲̥̅ not frm Aluu Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ђ•••  tink he IS̶̲̥̅ frm Bokoharam village. Take God dat d police IS̶̲̥̅ after him pls tell him dat there IS̶̲̥̅ no hidding place ƒϑя him. He must ßε caught hahahahahahahaha no peace ƒϑя d wicked.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by Kachi188(m): 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2013
Its about time..that guy is a danger to society. He should be charged asap, the fact that he was assaulted first doesn,t justify his actions. If you are wronged, seek redress in a law court, dnt take matters into ur hand like dat, he's a lawmaker, he should knw dat. If he likes, he can sue bipi and co for assault

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by seanet02: 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2013
Arrant Nonsense...
How about the Pro-Gej Supporters also being declared wanted?
We don know before.
Stvpid Commissioner of Police,
Mad first lady
Lazy, dull, daft and Incompetent presido
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by yeriyamaruma(f): 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2013
Pls Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ђ••• Chidi IS̶̲̥̅ not an Aluu man, but take God he has been declared wanted by d police, yes dat IS̶̲̥̅ wat d police яэ meant τ̲̅ȍ do. †ђξ police яэ doing their job

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by crownspencer(m): 5:00pm On Jul 17, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
monsuru560: Cnt believeth dis
A beg is this humanbeing for real?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by Chility(m): 5:23pm On Jul 17, 2013
stebell: Just heard from Naija Info radio station here in PH now that the state police command has declared Hon. Chidi Lloyd wanted for his role on the fracas that ensued in thee state house of assembly. More details coming your way as events unfold.
he used the mase 2 break the head of hon.Okey Chinda,he should be arrested

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by oj224real: 5:26pm On Jul 17, 2013
Good for Him.Police will use to shine , He may end up been the scape goat in this. whole issue

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by Chibuwhite: 5:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
He should be brought to book immediatly.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by Drdreluv: 6:22pm On Jul 17, 2013
ujchief: Rubbish! House of reps members have immunity on the floor of the house of assembly. Anything they say or do inside the confines of the legislative house is protected by immunity and they can't be prosecuted.

Why are they declaring him wanted? Was he on the run? They should go to the hospital and arrest him nau!
is it right for someone to kill there too #justasking#
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by ujchief(m): 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2013
blkmum700:

My Oga at the top!!!

Most of you seem to aggree with him that the man is protected by immunity clause, I strongly disagree with that,Senetors and reps members are not cover by immunity,the only people that are protected by immunity are president,vice president,governons and deputy governon others are not protected by immunity,!

You are right, but not totally. This is why half knowledge is dangerous. Inasmuch as the immunity clause does not cover legislators, but their actions, speech, votes on the floor of the HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY is protected by immunity. So whatever action they take in the floor of the house during their legislative function is covered under immunity.

Chidi maced his colleague inside the floor of the state house, so his actions cannot be prosecuted in a court of law;

I'm tired of repeating the same thing over and over again.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 17, 2013
ujchief:

You are right, but not totally. This is why half knowledge is dangerous. Inasmuch as the immunity clause does not cover legislators, but their actions, speech, votes on the floor of the HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY is protected by immunity. So whatever action they take in the floor of the house during their legislative function is covered under immunity.

Chidi maced his colleague inside the floor of the state house, so his actions cannot be prosecuted in a court of law;

Do you mind pasting the relevant sections of the constitution that grants them such immunity? I know about section 308 for the president and Governors.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by Livinusc(m): 7:41pm On Jul 17, 2013
They will be bearing Igbo name as if they ar Igbos....Nonesence!!!
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 17, 2013
I want anyone to quote the relevant sections of the constitution that grants immunity to legislators.I only know for presidents,vice presidents,Governors and their deputies as stated below.

Section 308 of Nigeria constitution quoted below:

1) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Constitution, but subject to subsection (2) of this section -

(a) No civil or criminal proceedings shall be instituted or continued against a person to whom this section applies during his period of office;

(b) A person to whom this section applies shall not be arrested or imprisoned during that period either in pursuance of the process of any court or otherwise; and

(c) No process of any court requiring or compelling the appearance of a person to whom this section applies, shall be applied for or issued:

Provided that in ascertaining whether any period of limitation has expired for the purposes of any proceedings against a person to whom this section applies, no account shall be taken of his period of office.

(2) The provisions of subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to civil proceedings against a person to whom this section applies in his official capacity or to civil or criminal proceedings in which such a person is only a nominal party.

(3) This section applies to a person holding the office of President or Vice-President, Governor or Deputy Governor; and the reference in this section to "period of office" is a reference to the period during which the person holding such office is required to perform the functions of the office.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by frankyychiji(f): 7:45pm On Jul 17, 2013
ujchief:

then go to bed. Its past ur bedtime.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by kakachi: 8:53pm On Jul 17, 2013
ujchief:

The Barrister,i want to ask you,was Chidi carrying his legislative funtion when he maced his colleague?
Chidi was acting not in the capacity of a lesgislator,but as a tout who simply used the floor of the HOUSE OF
ASSEMBLY as a venue to carry out his primitive act.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by blkmum700: 9:00pm On Jul 17, 2013
ujchief:

Are you saying if they kill each other inside the assemble,they won't be prosecuted,I never knew there is immunity inside state house of assembly complex,but I will like to see the section of the constituion you read that from.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by ckkris: 9:43pm On Jul 17, 2013
abbey2kool:
remain small grin
A Terrorist, maybe just a thug.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by eightsin(m): 10:24pm On Jul 17, 2013
These ALUU ppl that like MACING ppl.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by Yorubaman40: 10:42pm On Jul 17, 2013
ujchief: Rubbish! House of reps members have immunity on the floor of the house of assembly. Anything they say or do inside the confines of the legislative house is protected by immunity and they can't be prosecuted.

Why are they declaring him wanted? Was he on the run? They should go to the hospital and arrest him nau!
Did u hear yourself? So if a lawmaker kills within d chambers,he has immunity because hes an "honourable",abi? Your reasoning is like a primary school's.Loyd's assault could have led to murder. Or is head-bashing part of d constitutional duties of a lawmaker?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by Kingspin(m): 10:55pm On Jul 17, 2013
seanet02: Arrant Nonsense...
How about the Pro-Gej Supporters also being declared wanted?
We don know before.
Stvpid Commissioner of Police,
Mad first lady
Lazy, dull, daft and Incompetent presido
Your anger can equally fall-out, nobody give a demn
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by hisawesomeness(m): 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
Don't u ♡ this movie?
I think part two features when they were still wanting him and acting like he fled naija. And he's chilling in a hospital bed in P.H.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
deebrain: Funny. I thought the man is in the hospital. why declare a man who is still "available" wanted?

According to NAN, he refused to honour police invitation and has gone AWOL.

http://m.news24.com/nigeria/National/News/Majority-leader-of-Rivers-Assembly-declared-wanted-20130717
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by wola44: 11:03pm On Jul 17, 2013
What about Bipi ? Nigeria police don't be one sided .
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by Ponel: 11:51pm On Jul 17, 2013
Kingspin: Look at Nigeria,a country were opposition strength is always fighting with Mr president good or bad. when all of them has done nothing good to this country before not even to their states.The National Assembly, yesterday fail to support & give autonomy to the LOCAL GOVTS (self govt.) and nobody particularly the so called opposition have nt release any press statement. Mayb this people dnt really know what is good and bad,or they dnt know the full meaning of opposition and for what and whose interest are they protecting. Themselves or Nigerians. I am very mindful of politicians in Nigeria. Hope u do d same. Sometimes they come first from behind, vis-a-vis.

The opposition didn't see anything wrong in the amendment which failed to make local govts autonomous, simply because it favours them too, but in a case where it doesn't favour them you see them crying foul. The ruling party and the oppossition are all the same, they are there for their self intrest.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by LADEMINUS: 2:32am On Jul 18, 2013
zonaking: I have observed wit dismay d way ds kids comment on Nairaland! Now I understand the reason why some places in city then will hike the price of their goods making it difficult for youngies to attend only buh once vowing nt to go their again! The owner of dis forum should watch it because its turning to playground where teenagers who neither pass jamb nor waec will took to calling their leaders names inoder to get attention! Tell me hw below 18 will be commenting on topics that happened in eighties without proper research ! The rate with which kids infiltrate dis forum is alarming making it almost impossible for mature minds to engage in reasonable argument! I rest my case

Typical under age post above!
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by LADEMINUS: 2:36am On Jul 18, 2013
kakachi:
The Barrister,i want to ask you,was Chidi carrying his legislative funtion when he maced his colleague?
Chidi was acting not in the capacity of a lesgislator,but as a tout who simply used the floor of the HOUSE OF
ASSEMBLY as a venue to carry out his primitive act.

Correct! The house was not in session, hence no immunity for that matter!
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by touch4mony: 4:09am On Jul 18, 2013

that same day chinda left 9ja was the same day the sharp man ran for his life cos he already knws d out come.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by Skyloloprince(m): 6:41am On Jul 18, 2013
ujchief: Rubbish! House of reps members have immunity on the floor of the house of assembly. Anything they say or do inside the confines of the legislative house is protected by immunity and they can't be prosecuted.!

My friend I agree wit u, bt dt does nt include commission of criminal offence, or attempted murder......
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by waliezi(m): 8:10am On Jul 18, 2013

. May Chidi Lloyd do 2ur father what he did 2 M. O Chinda... In Jesus Name.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by collins2good(m): 8:46am On Jul 18, 2013
Did u watch the video were Bipi came with those youth, why is everyone focusing on Chidi video
BrightCar: MAN, WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? DID YOU WATCH THE VIDEO AT ALL? THAT MAN IS NOT HONOURABLE, HE SHOULD BE PUNISHED FOR HIS DASTARDLY ACT. CHIDI LLOYD, COULD HAVE KILLED WITH THAT MAZE, HE MUST BE A BEAST!
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by toosweet: 8:54am On Jul 18, 2013
Next thing Police will say they didnt declare him wanted or the guy will call press conference that his political opponents are behind the rumour. SMH
Re: Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police by checkdate(m): 9:36pm On Jul 27, 2013
BrightCar: MAN, WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? DID YOU WATCH THE VIDEO AT ALL? THAT MAN IS NOT HONOURABLE, HE SHOULD BE PUNISHED FOR HIS DASTARDLY ACT. CHIDI LLOYD, COULD HAVE KILLED WITH THAT MAZE, HE MUST BE A BEAST!
OH IS HE THE ONE?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Senate Approves Establishment Of Nigerian Peace Corps / Why North’ll Continue To Be Problem To Nigeria –balarabe Musa / Dino Melaye Visits Goodluck Jonathan At His Residence, Shares Adorable Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.