Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,203 members, 7,887,531 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:12 AM

Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash (42979 Views)

Patience Jonathan's Mother's State Burial (Pictures) / Patience Jonathan's Mother's Funeral (Pictures) / Amaechi Postpones Summit In Honour Of Patience Jonathan's Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by enigmang: 12:05pm On Jul 23, 2013
Since when did Elele Road become East/West Road

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by Demdem(m): 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2013
Okija_juju:

YEAH!!

The bridge may be short, but approaching that bridge from the airport axis can be quite tricky! That bend is sharper than it looks, and should a vehicle like an SUV take that bend at top speed, then its very likely that an accident can occur cos of its high centre of gravity.

Also! many people travelling out of port-Harcourt prefer to take the Ph-Owerri route and turn off at Elele (ecobank) round about, rather than use East-West road. Lord knows if I were travelling to Bayelsa, I would do same.

I believe its either a Mechanical fault, over speeding or driver error...

got ur drift and that of Abagoro.
The bottom line here is she is on her way to Bayelsa. Because the east-west road which would have been the best route to pass was terrible, they probably decided to take another longer and better route.
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by mascott(m): 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2013
The dead woman is not her biological mother but adopted. Her biological mother died many years ago. Please confirm from the right sources to avoid misinforming the public.
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by Okijajuju1(m): 12:14pm On Jul 23, 2013
Demdem:

got ur drift and that of Abagoro.
The bottom line here is she is on her way to Bayelsa. Because the east-west road which would have been the best route to pass was terrible, they probably decided to take another longer and better route.

GBAM!!

And she ended up flipping her SUV as a result of speeding..
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by maclatunji: 12:14pm On Jul 23, 2013
enigmang: Since when did Elele Road become East/West Road

People will post things without verification in these days of social media craze. So, who can tell us the correct location?

Dame Patience, I commiserate with you. President Goodluck Jonathan, be a good husband and do not politicise this death even if your lackeys encourage you to.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by andyanders: 12:14pm On Jul 23, 2013
debbleopto:

souls don't rest in peace just by our prayers but through repentance of the individual from sin. UNLESS A MAN BE BORN AGAIN HE CAN NOT SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD. JN3:3. All the wishful prayers amount to nothing unless you will say God is not serious with His word, like the serpent said in Eden's garden and deceived Eve. Balam said " oh that I might died the death of the righteous" not of the unsaved sinner.

Well spoken.Just the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by Temisan220(m): 12:14pm On Jul 23, 2013
May her soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by Weyrey1ofNaija(f): 12:16pm On Jul 23, 2013
She don die now we no go hear word. Una sabi how many people don die for that road, because na she born one goat like that we no go hear word again.
Abegi jo, if e pain them make dem fix all these roads noni
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by Demdem(m): 12:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
mascott: The dead woman is not her biological mother but adopted. Her biological mother died many years ago. Please confirm from the right sources to avoid misinforming the public.

does this change anything? She is still her mother.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by Okijajuju1(m): 12:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
MOST IMPORTANTLY:

1. When is the burial?!

2. Whats the color of the Aso-Ebi?!

3. What souveniers would be shared?!

4. Will there be Moet Rose and Crystal there?!

5. where is it happening!!

Time to go and groove and chop our money!!
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by authenticblack: 12:19pm On Jul 23, 2013
But when Tinubu mother died you all celebrated with a 2 day no opening of market in Lagos. It could be anyone
obowunmi: Let them all die.
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by paschalomenihu: 12:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
NO NORMAL HUMAN BEING THROWS STONE IN THE MARKET SQUARE, IT EITHER FALLS ON YOUR FATHER, MOTHER OR RELATIVES, SO MR PRESIDENT SHOULD FIX OUR ROADS

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by paschalomenihu: 12:21pm On Jul 23, 2013
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by nduchucks: 12:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
RIP mama.

Lets hope the incompetent authorities make an exception and conduct proper investigation to eliminate foul play. I also hope that the accident did not take place on a federal road which is in bad condition and which could have been fixed with a mere 0.00001% of PEJ's security budget.
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by laughterclub(m): 12:27pm On Jul 23, 2013
BAD ROADS ARE BAD TOO TO FIRST FAMILY... WATCH OUT FOR D BURIAL.20BILION ALLOCATION AT D OLD WOMAN'S HEAD,WHILE YOUTHS R HUNGRY.LIKE IF IS REAL.
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 23, 2013
Okija_juju: MOST IMPORTANTLY:

1. When is the burial?!

2. Whats the color of the Aso-Ebi?!

3. What souveniers would be shared?!

4. Will there be Moet Rose and Crystal there?!

5. where is it happening!!

Time to go and groove and chop our money!!
shocked shocked shocked that's bad. embarassed embarassed
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by DaLover(m): 12:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
enigmang: Since when did Elele Road become East/West Road

It's not east-west road, but for the purposes of APC propagandist scoring cheap political points in the minds of ignorant Nigerians, we can assume it is east west road.
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by biodunb93: 12:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
[quote author=ib55]
http://www.punchng.com/news/patience-jonathans-mother-dies-in-crash/[/quote. Aye mani ka Ooº°˚ ˚°ºooOoº°˚ ˚°ºoo .
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 23, 2013
Amaechi @ work!
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by ItMilly(m): 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
Since dey have decided not to attend to the poor state Of our roads, I guess dey too can partake in the outcome
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by mikovo2002(m): 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2013
Amechi is too stubborn
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by Danosophe(m): 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2013
The issue with the state of the nigeria road has always been a generational issue. But what is more worrisome is the way all the so-called ministers of works from the time of Anenih till now, has not done anything untill they themselves will die on the smoothess road leading to thier houses or villages. Even in the air, there are still accidents. so there's no escape.
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by twiceasnice: 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2013
RedBenson: Amaechi @ work!
. what has Ameachi got to do with this?
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by MacLovington(m): 12:44pm On Jul 23, 2013
Nawa o. RIP.
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by kaeto(m): 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2013
R I P
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by ArewaWarrior: 12:51pm On Jul 23, 2013
Even in death Nigerians see joy. Appalling. No soul shall suffer from the sins of another. Even if u hate her daughter she is NOT her daughter. Every1 has loved ones.... and it is but a promise that we shall ALL die.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by dan09: 12:56pm On Jul 23, 2013
mbatuku2: I hope Soyinka will stop wooing Patience and allow her time to bury her mother. RIP madam, you died because of bad governance in Nigeria.

Will U shut ur trap u silly ass!, Who is wooin Who? With due respect to the dead ,may her soul RIP
But u c we should always threat our elders with respect coz if we dnt God will b angry wit us . It is well stated in d bible . Prof Wole is old enough to b ur grandfather and old enough to b a father to PEJ .
And mind u , d Prof never woo PEJ only advised her, but she took it adversely
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by ladeski: 1:01pm On Jul 23, 2013
sexymoma: ah ah she is old na, why the pity? everybody must die one way or the other.
Either by accident, sickness,Too much Money too can kill o, natural death sorry is there anything like natural death.
there is dear one, that said 'natural death' is difficult to define.

According to pathologists, "A natural death is a death that results from a natural disease process, distinct from a death that results from accident or violence." But nowadays death from disease is rarely allowed to be natural; it is artificially prolonged by drugs and/or machines and in the eyes not only of medical professionals but of most patients and families, it results from medical measures' failure. It can hardly be said that someone who has spent his or her last hours in an ICU, as pictured on the page about death at www.stewardsoftheflame.com, has died naturally.

The fundamental premise of Stewards of the Flame is that the the logical culmination of this trend would be to deny death entirely, assuming that the machines were "improved" to the point of keeping mindless bodies functioning indefinitely -- and that this would be a very bad thing. Natural death, in my opinion, is death resulting from the normal shutting down of the body when the unconscious mind is ready to die. It happens to everyone, if no accident or acute disease strikes prematurely, as long as the process is not thwarted by interference with the body in the way all too common today. I am aware that this view is termed "deathism" by the proponents of technological life extension, some of whom fervently believe that physical immortality is just around the corner. I don't think it's going to turn out that way. I think people will go on dying in old age (older than the present maximum) no matter what technology does to repair their bodies.

The life-extension enthusiasts admit that people might get bored in time and say that in that case, they could kill themselves. I have personally known people who say this. And of course, the issue of assisted suicide for the terminally ill is a major controversy today. I live in Oregon, where assisted suicide is legal, so I hear a good deal about it. I fear that if such a choice is legitimatized and becomes common, some people will choose to hasten death merely to spare their families the physical and financial burden of caring for them, and eventually those of us without families may be subtly discouraged from continuing to receive care at the expense of the taxpayers. This situation would not exist if high-tech intervention were not automatically employed early in the course of illness which, in the case of an elderly person, is inevitably going to be fatal.

There has been a lot of discussion in the past few decades about the pointless and often cruel way in which people are routinely treated in their last months of life, and many calls for reform. But though the solution -- hospice care -- is now available, comparatively few people take advantage of it. Many are simply unaware that it exists. Others, or their families, are so conditioned by our culture's denial of death that they believe rejecting futile treatment is tantamount to suicide, or at best an abandonment of "hope." In my novel, the forced prolongation of pseudo-life is not arbitrarily imposed by the medical authorities that run the planet; it is a law supported by the people, who do not want to admit that they are mortal. I suspect this is a realistic assumption about what would happen. The vast majority of Americans polled say that they want to die at home, not in a hospital; yet they end up in hospitals all the same. Continuation of treatment is not compulsory, yet most don't contest the medical establishment's imposition of it, perhaps because don't know that they can -- that there are better alternatives -- or perhaps because society as a whole offers no support for the idea that the natural ending of life need not involve suffering. Unfortunately, the only thing likely to bring about widespread change is the financial impossibility of providing high-tech terminal care to an aging population.

sourced from http://towardtomorrow..com/2007/10/what-is-natural-death.html
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by Bobby4090: 1:02pm On Jul 23, 2013
Madam SHEPOPOPO has lost her mum.
Sorry ooh Madam SHEPOPO
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by SELFWORTH: 1:03pm On Jul 23, 2013
Demdem: Very Unfortunate but not unexpected. The same road Amaechi cried about that made him to be hated is the same road that took her life. of cos the cultist, Bipi was on ground to take her corpse to the hospital. The evil men does surely hunt them. Those fools will get to PH, jump into an helicopter enroute Beyelsa not knowing that their family members also ply that deadly road.
I hold Orubebe and retardeen responsible for this death.
Hundreds have painfully died on that road thousands of others have also constantly suffered on that road that includes me. Unfortunately, retardeeness mum just added to the statistics. If they like, they shouldnt accelerate the job on that road, Retardeen also has a mother, she may be next.
A word is enough for the wise.

Death is the destination of every man so when you rejoice about others demise, know your time will surely come.
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by gbengaobaye: 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2013
rip mama.Dame na lesson be this o.dame you just forget say na God himself make una president but this na warning.Mama rip jare,your daughter fit repair that road o but chose another thing see now ko.
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash by SELFWORTH: 1:05pm On Jul 23, 2013
debbleopto:

souls don't rest in peace just by our prayers but through repentance of the individual from sin. UNLESS A MAN BE BORN AGAIN HE CAN NOT SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD. JN3:3. All the wishful prayers amount to nothing unless you will say God is not serious with His word, like the serpent said in Eden's garden and deceived Eve. Balam said " oh that I might died the death of the righteous" not of the unsaved sinner.

Please tell them again and again. These people are HARD of hearing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Confirms Chukkol As Acting Chairman / Adesina: Buhari Sold His House To Get His Child Forex / The Soon-To-Be Completed Alausa Multi-Agency Complex In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.