Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,309 members, 7,884,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 01:23 PM

Share Your Yam Moments - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Share Your Yam Moments (16617 Views)

Let Me The The First To Say! You Can Now Grind(pound) Your Yam / Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos) / Pictures Of A Yam That Resembles A Folded Fist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Flygerian1(m): 3:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
Share your yam moments, and it made the front page, can u imagine?
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by canalily(m): 3:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
devour129: nope!
Buh d u no hw much i mis u all these while? I wnt 2 welcum u with sweet yam !
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 25, 2013
Ji kwa?

E heetiri m that thing, unless ma e ghekporo eghekpo.
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by saintneo(m): 3:57pm On Jul 25, 2013
Ikeji Festival ... New Yam Festival is coming we've got to celebrate it on nairaland.

I must be 13/14 during my yam moments. During the holidays, I was home with my 1/2 year old bro. Having searched the fridge for food and met an empty box, I embarked upon the almighty alternative 'fried yam'.
After peeling and putting the oil on fire, I began the frying with a short fork. Feeling like a champion cook, I stirred the yam in hot oil with less care.
Then suddenly, the yams started exploding and spraying hot oil everywhere.
I burnt my middle, ring & little fingers.
Glad I had some PHE studies then, quickly applied some salt and cold water to reduce the pains and anguish. Rushed to a nearby pharmacy for treatment.

Eversince, I fry with long forks.
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Soukiss(m): 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
u get mind

Re: Share Your Yam Moments by gracy83: 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
Yam is still ma favourite food.
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by saintneo(m): 4:20pm On Jul 25, 2013
Soukiss: u get mind
This one go strangle person o!
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Jehochee(f): 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2013
lol yam moments dis got me laffn real hard though
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by GotNoSwaggg: 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
Yam is crap!
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Sissie(f): 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2013
deols: We used to eat Yam with every other thing until that day when Momma said it can be eaten with palm oil. That was my yam moment.

Mwahhhh!!! Palmoil with salt and Yam(old one o!) is soooo mwahhhhhhhhhhhh. smiley wink

This is what Hausa people call santi, LOL.
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by JudiciumDei: 4:41pm On Jul 25, 2013
Yam is my favorite too, BUT i hate those they cook in Lagos just like the type babyosisi posted. It should be cooked with vegetable, either ugu, green or any other vegetable.
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by GotNoSwaggg: 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2013
Flygerian.:
Share your yam moments, and it made the front page, can u imagine?
I swear down!!
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2013
Yam and its derivatives are the best in my opinion. cool

Just get that well-roasted Damaturu yam, dip it into a plate of spiced-up pepper, which has been properly fried with palm oil.... mmmnnn your "yam moments" will go away.
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by horlabiyi(m): 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2013
Yam moment indeed
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by emiye(m): 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2013
goldylock:

Oga grammer sorry oh! No be all of us go IVY league school. Na the tot of the yam experience cos the typo.

But the typo sort of rhymed,"massage from a crush". Dont tell me it is message you planned to write o,
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by VicGoodGuy(m): 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2013

If u carry dat yam go Ibadan, e go cause another commotion o. Dem go say na human-yam.
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 25, 2013
My God..what kind of topic is this?? Yam moment?! Like seriously its on d front page?? Wow
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by deols(f): 5:44pm On Jul 25, 2013
Sissie:
This is what Hausa people call santi, LOL.

Santi is dellli'cious!
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 25, 2013
OCTAVO: Ok, this is my yam moment.

This is hilarious
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2013
ct)(:
If u know salivate with this pics then visit the doctor

I can't salivate over that Ofe nmanu,sorry
The oil is too much
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
Yam porridge
Babyosisi style

1 Like

Re: Share Your Yam Moments by deols(f): 7:01pm On Jul 25, 2013

Hard to peel. Dazall
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 25, 2013
emiye:

But the typo sort of rhymed,"massage from a crush". Dont tell me it is message you planned to write o,

See where your mind dey go. Well "message" is my story and am sticking to it.
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
Great Ife!

The time has arrived to share my Beans moments. ..
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by elsholz(m): 9:15am On Jul 26, 2013
On tuesday mornings in boarding school, we usually had strong yam for breakfast. The norm was after eating, we'll go to the nearest well or borehole to drink water before going for assembly. So that fateful day in SS1, we had yam and we went to the borehole to drink water. As my friend fetched water, some girls just came and begged my friend for water, he gave them the water and we dint have time to get more water before we were pushed to the assembly ground. O boy i no fit shit for like 3 days, the shit jst hang for there. Luckily, midterm break was around the corner so as i reach house momsy jst cook vegetable for me na so the shit comot o.
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
I MET A GIRL ONLINE, SHE HAD SEXY LEGS IN THE PIX, BUT WHEN I MET HER AND TOOK HER HOME.....SHE TOOK OFF HER CLOTHES AND LO AND BEHOLD HER LEGS LOOKS A TWO TUBERS OF EGBIRA YAM COMBINED

1 Like

Re: Share Your Yam Moments by OCTAVO: 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
^^Will you Sharaaap?!!
Na una dey spoil Nigeria. What shiit are you upgrading?!
Idiat!
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2013
grin grin ;DHahaha dis funny
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by breadplanet(f): 4:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
I was 10yrs old my mom just had a baby and my aunt came to cook ji mmiri oku for her. Nobody knew that i had broken d bottle use for storing kerosine in the stove and it had soaked d yams stacked in the kitchen. U can imagine the kind of food she cooked that day. When my mom and everbody started complaining about the taste of the food i told them that a big rat must have jumped on the stove and broken the bottle!
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 28, 2013
Asaro gives me life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are You Cooking On Christmas Day? / He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! / What's The Best Time To Eat Eba And Soup In Your Household?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.