Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,499 members, 7,885,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 11:34 PM

Share Your Yam Moments - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Share Your Yam Moments (16622 Views)

Let Me The The First To Say! You Can Now Grind(pound) Your Yam / Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos) / Pictures Of A Yam That Resembles A Folded Fist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Jibsonified(m): 10:34am On Jul 29, 2013
Rexxie: Well i don't have much yam memos but i remember how i and neighbors kids used to coin names for food stuff we would sneak and cook up...lio/leo was for oil and may was for yam and we always use them with impunity and no one not even our parents understood what we were saying....
Another interesting memo i can never forget is one harsh uncle who used to,always leave his signature on the yam surface after every cut so no one can cut and cook some slice when he is not around and that was many years and am sure yall know that uncle in late Chinua Achebe's (RIP) CHIKE AND THE RIVER... cant recall that uncle's name again....

U goofed there... its not Chike and The River...its EDDIE IROH'S Without A Silver Spoon.. where Ure Chokwe lived with his school teacher.
Re: Share Your Yam Moments by Jibsonified(m): 11:00am On Jul 29, 2013
Hmmm... My Yam moments...they were lyk one of those scary horrific yoruba movies... and it was my fault buh I learnt my lesson...

1st. I have this habit of rushing any food and not keeping water beside me wyl eating ..So I rushed this cold yam and lo and behold ...I couldn't breath ...I started running up and down lyk a beheaded chicken... When I forced the evil bolus down at last with water eh... I felt lyk I juz woke up from nightmare.

2nd One. Hmmm ..When I was a kid.. I take alot of quantity of food 4 myself...as the only son... So I took lot of yam that day and didn't finish ... and my dad eh hmmm...he hates When u waste food So I dare not leave it unfinished..So When I got tired I threw the remaining under d bed, believing my dad won't see it ... Lo n behold to my folly my popsy saw the slices of yam. He packed them out all harden and filthy.. into a plate and sat me down and ordered me eat them...Choi...come see tears n begging...I cried mixture of tear n mucus... This one no b play...my popsy meant his order. At end I had a meal of that hardened n filthy spoilt yam washed down with tears n mucus. Urrrrrggghhh... Bad Experience lipsrsealed angry embarassed cry

NB. But da one no mean say I hate yam meals o. Yam porridge is ma best grin smiley

Re: Share Your Yam Moments by marketresearch: 4:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
Yam

for Nigerians looking for Yam in the US, you can get your ingredients here - http://www.nigerianfoods.com/search?type=product&q=Yam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

He Is Addicted To Coke!!!! / What's The Best Time To Eat Eba And Soup In Your Household?. / Expired Foods Can Still Be Eaten

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.