Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,606 members, 7,888,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:58 PM

Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled (34362 Views)

Poll: University students expelled for not carrying along their bibles to assembly! This:

Outrageous: 80% (226 votes)
Justified: 19% (54 votes)
This poll has ended

Jane Ihuoma-Ottah Expelled From RUST Over Of Hearing & Speech Problem / Lesbianism Scandal Rocks Kogi University / 3 Covenant University Students Expelled Over Live Sex, Unclad Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 01, 2008
khufu:

any one who goes to these private universities should not complain about anything that befalls them there. afterall there are better public schools all over Nigeria. that is the cost they have to pay for not wanting to read and pass JAMB for admission to public universities. let them save their cries. shio.

see bad belle grin

i no fit lie sha - this oyedepo fella is beginning to look like a benign jim jones
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by CARUSO(m): 1:02pm On Jul 01, 2008
What a flipping joke!!
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by eminemkayc: 1:25pm On Jul 01, 2008
that school is just for those who can't pass JAMB. i've lectured them before and to my amazement, most of the KIDS can't think rationally.

anyway, if u want to know what they are like after school, just head to any night club in VI/IKOYI/IKEJA omo u go see die.
the authorities are'nt makin the students to 'practice what they preach'.

to me, this expulsion is a show biz.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by eminemkayc: 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2008
that school is just for those who can't pass JAMB. i've lectured them before and to my amazement, most of the KIDS can't think rationally.

anyway, if u want to know what they are like after school, just head to any night club in VI/IKOYI/IKEJA omo u go see die.
the authorities are'nt makin the students to 'practice what they preach'.

to me, this expulsion is a show biz.
AND THATS THE BIZZARE TRUTH OF THE MATTER!! THOSE KIDS ARE FROM HELL! grin grin AND THEIR GRADUATES, , COULD BE LIKENED TO PEOPLE WITH W.A.E.C CERTIFICATES! COS THEY SURE HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER THE SOCIETY!! EXCEPT CORRUPTION AND GOING TO NIGHT CLUBS!! tongue tongue
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 01, 2008
youngies:

There is actually no need for Mr. Oyedepo to change from being a pastor to a 419er. Mr. Oyedepo and his likes like Mr. Edeh of Madonna are scam artists. Why should they continue to hoodwink the unsuspecting public?

Let God be the judge of that!
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by codedguy1(m): 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2008
Kajiang02:

if you're bin expeld 4nt carryin a Bible, what if you're
caught [s]fockn, n[/s] cld b death by firing squad

If its death by firing squad, that means you were caught and sentenced.

Am sure any 2people caught doing that will turn to salt immidiately they finish the act, atleast they would have finished the act  grin

youngies:

For those are arguing the laws must be obeyed, they should understand that any law that is inconsistent with superior law remains invalid to the extent of its inconsistency.

So in effect, if the laws in CU is not in tandem with the laws of NUC which sets up CU, the laws of CU remains invalid.

it is bad/irrational/inconsistent laws like this, that has brought this country to where it is today. When reasonable laws are not kept, nothing is done about it. But when draconian laws like this are flauted, then extreme measures are taken.

Desmond O:

The gig is that they know the rules and regulations that govern the school and like the bible says,he that breaks the hedge,the serpent will bite. If Jesus was around,he would have also whipped them because i can't imagine-if they had lectures,will they go to the lecture room and stare at the lectures?obviously NO!

So why expel them, cant the authorities give them some lashes and tell em to go get their bibles.   (i guess that would be another story, flogging students in a supposed University)

Desmond O:

They should get on with life. The school is a private school not a government school where your opinions matter. So if anyone aint ok with it,then go start your own.

so if the law says they should be shot, then it is justified eh, or if it says that all female students who cud not make 1st class should be shagged, you would come here to say it is the law.

Ma guy, a stupid law is a stupid law period

Am beginning to suspect the authenticity of this story.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by DVIKTOR: 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2008
Goin' to Covenant University was not be force. D school authorities didn't force anybody in there. They have rules, you got 2 follow the rules or you OUT!
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Xolokristo(m): 2:20pm On Jul 01, 2008
Does any one has CU's HandBook?
Do we have competent Lawyers here!
If any one has CUni's HandBook or Code of Conduct, please post it here and let our learned Colleagues read in~ between the lines and interpret!
"Guilty or Not Guilty! undecided" i rest my case!
a piece of advice: " : "lets be sure of the fact before we cast our stones!"
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by molulu(f): 2:35pm On Jul 01, 2008
I thought that Convenant university is based on xtain principles and if it is , i don't believe that xtainity preaches that we castigate people to show them the way. Being a xtain university, i am not against pple being punished for not carrying their bible but not expulsion, Haba!!! I think covenant university should take cue from places where Xtain Universities have been running for decades. The administration of such institutions are usually based on principle love and consideration for the financial, emotional, educational, spiritual needs of students. They try to draw pple into active xtainity by showing them that we can be punished but we are not judged.
 I feel that even if they must expel these students, then they should return the fees that the students have paid up till the time of their expulsion!!NUC also ought to regulate how much autonomy an institution should have in its administration of laws and regulations.
    I think the regulations of this higher school only encourage pretense, because many of the graduates and even current students of this school that i've met cannot be called paragon of moral uprightness(quite the opposite). The simple reason is that you cannot bully people to love or serve God, They must come to love him through the help of the Holyspirit and witness of the lives of xtians.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by asamuel: 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2008
so muslims cannot even attend christian schools? I am a christian and I don't believe that any University owned by a Bishop should bar muslims or force other religion to bow to their rules. Christianity cannot be forced on anyone. Evven in Churches, if a muslim comes in without a Bible, you cannot drive him/her out of the Church until he is convinced himslef.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by kaypound(m): 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2008
Abeg, that one na school or na lesson. where you can't use phones but you can use laptops to watch all the Indecency you want? a school they don't wear jeans? f#$^k the school
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by icecube(f): 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2008
well! am also a grad of Covenant Uni. and am so proud to be one of the EAGLES ON FLIGHT. GAMINE bears me witness. Congrats girl!

Before coming to C.U, of course, u should have read the handbook or atleast known the school rules. Not coming to the chapel with your bible after several warnings is frustrating enuf for the school authorities. They dont joke with spirituality, so i dont blame them for some punitive measures they take. All i know is that they were not expelled.

Covenant Uni. is for those who can cope with the rules.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Lifeboy2(m): 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2008
i think we have read about this for a long time, it is not a new story
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by otokx(m): 3:54pm On Jul 01, 2008
Our country is being destroyed by an outward practise of confusion in the name of religion neglecting the internal nature.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by yemmydavid(m): 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2008
I av read d post with keen interest and i dint want to belive that the skool would expell students for not coming to chapel with bibles (thats rather too harsh) so i was supporting GAMINE frm the start.

but now i change my mind my reason, i had to confirm frm a student of the skool who is very close to me and was in the hall @ d time it happened , let me quote the person

"its was a SOCIAL EVENING GATHERING not A CHAPEL WORSHIP THINGY . students where roaming around in the hall. the chancellor asked everyone to keep quiet,seat down and organise themselves trust students to be who they are most of them refused and d chancellor asked everyone in the hall to raise thier bibles am not sure Y and those that do not have theirs should come out 300 students came out. of the 300 students that came out, 185 who had a record of offence and some UNLUCKY 1st offenders was expelled and the other 115 1st offenders where sent on one year suspension immediately."

frm my own point of view i think that was rather HARSH. the fact that it wasnt a WORSHIP service even makes it worse. are students expected to wear their BIBLES like DOG-TAGS around in skool?
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by yemmydavid(m): 4:23pm On Jul 01, 2008
Pls some of us shld be careful wit our name calling of the man of God o! remember d bible says TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO HARM even if we feel they are goin astray, we shld leave that to God to judge them o. MAN OF GOD is not politics of CHECKS AND BALANCES O!
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Beline(f): 4:36pm On Jul 01, 2008
This is rubbish, if men were God I don't know who will remain on earth after all the sins we have committed against God.

How can you expelled or even sent a student on 1yr suspension for such reason? does it mean Muslims are not admitted into CU? and if that is the case, wont the graduands of CU work with people of other belief and religion?
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by tollu: 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2008
My contribution is as per CU graduates
1. During our NYSC orientation, a covenant graduate decided to compete in the miss NYSC thingy. She scaled through all the beauty tests and all, then she was asked for the full meaning of ECOWAS. Lo and behold, dis girl did not know the answer. undecided

2. A 2.1 graduate of accounting of same school did not pass ICAN's first stage. First stage! shocked

So what is all the fuss as per CU about? undecided undecided
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by seun001(m): 4:46pm On Jul 01, 2008
a case of evangelical power corrupting absolutely undecided
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by TOH(f): 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2008
tollu:

My contribution is as per CU graduates
1. During our NYSC orientation, a covenant graduate decided to compete in the miss NYSC thingy. She scaled through all the beauty tests and all, then she was asked for the full meaning of ECOWAS. Lo and behold, this girl did not know the answer. undecided

embarassed
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2008
yemmydavid:

Please some of us shld be careful wit our name calling of the man of God o! remember d bible says TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO HARM even if we feel they are goin astray, we shld leave that to God to judge them o. MAN OF GOD is not politics of CHECKS AND BALANCES O!

woah there. That verse was refering strictly to the old testament jews not your corrupt "men of Gawd".
Many of our older parents were beneficiaries of free and quality education provided by foreign missionaries and churches . . . today's "missionary" schools are merely avenues to enrich the pulpit.

Filthy lucre.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 01, 2008
yemmydavid:

students where roaming around in the hall. the chancellor asked everyone to keep quiet,seat down and organise themselves trust students to be who they are most of them refused and d chancellor asked everyone in the hall to raise their bibles

Are you perchance describing a private primary school?
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Ovamboland(m): 4:49pm On Jul 01, 2008
My main concern is the loose cannons and virus being let loose on society from this Covenant School.

When they get the work environment where a lot of what you do is based on intuition and flexibility and not rules i wonder what becomes of these so called covenant graduates where there is no chaperon or 'Baba Elegba' to whip them into line or check if they had a nail cut or clean undies.

I have said it before the concept of covenant uni. though laudable in the initial vision, the day to day running and implementation has been mired by black man's penchant for 'wuruwuru' to the answer.

We are never ready for long term experiment with gradual, deep and life changing process. We want total man with good behaviour and we think monitoring personal morals is the only way to achieve that; whatever happened to appealing to conscience.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by yemmydavid(m): 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2008
@ davidylan no be me talk so o, na person wey dey d skool i quote o
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by NubianQ(f): 4:56pm On Jul 01, 2008
that school is just a secondary school. simple and short! i dont think i would last a week in that Prison called school!

1 Like

Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by migareigns(m): 5:14pm On Jul 01, 2008
:oso let me get this. students r in a hall of a social evening. they r told to settle down and when they dont do it they are told to produce their bibles. so what of those who were sitted and did not have their bibles. or is it that ALL those without bibles where causing the chaos in the hall? even in my secondary school nothing as stupid or funny as this happened grin
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by yemmydavid(m): 5:25pm On Jul 01, 2008
ALL d students where asked to raise their bibles. its not just those roaming around. i THINK d chancellor got angry when they refused to listen to him. it also affected those seated who dint carry bibles too
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by jimmyjatt(m): 5:34pm On Jul 01, 2008
CU? Glorified Primary school.
Them no go even expel Secondary school students cos of Bible.
Why not make it a theological school?
smiley grin grin Wonders shall never end grin smiley
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Scopium: 5:36pm On Jul 01, 2008
[size=13pt]I wonder what the punishment for shagging is. Or is that legalized?[/size]
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by 9star(m): 5:50pm On Jul 01, 2008
Religion is an opium of the masses(karl marx)

The painful part be say over 80% of members of living faith church
cant afford to send thier children to that CU nursery/primary school.
Every sunday dey are told to gv an offering that will provoke my Dear GOD
there offering are hence used to develop the university.
Signs that the world is ending innit?

Religion is truly an opium of the poor masses.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 01, 2008
yemmydavid:

ALL d students where asked to raise their bibles. its not just those roaming around. i THINK d chancellor got angry when they refused to listen to him. it also affected those seated who dint carry bibles too

Even a primary school will not expel 8yr olds for roaming around without a bible.
Re: Expulsion Scandal Rocks Covenant University: 120 Students Expelled by vislabraye(m): 6:13pm On Jul 01, 2008
My people see me see trouble O! I wonder for some people. How can any one in his right thinking mind defend what Oyedepo is doing. They say he is God's annointed. what of the students he expelled, are they satan annointed. These students are also annointed as well as children of God,

I will say it loud and clear, what he did is sheer WICKEDNESS. Jesus Christ wouldnt do the same

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Priscilla Paul-Worika Beats UNIPORT Pharmacy Record, Sets New One, Gets 8 Awards / Why Do Most Brilliant Guys/Ladies Use Glasses? / Uniport Appoints Prof. Georgewill Owunari New Vice Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.