Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,211 members, 7,884,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 06:24 AM

Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation (19503 Views)

Why We Change Our Position On Buhari. Ex-millitant / Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications / Atiku Abubakar On Child Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by akpanbaba: 11:54am On Jul 26, 2013
Believe me this religion does not worth it.How can MURIC justify this nonsense?.This statement is a disgrace to their religion.This small pickin marriage that your prophet started must stop ooooo.Cant they reason?.What is the corelation between child marriage and prostitution?.Are we not still having prostitution in the islamic countries?.This is absolute backwardness.Why are they struggling with small girls on earth while the seventy-two virgins are waiting for them in their heaven?

2 Likes

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by simpleseyi: 12:50pm On Jul 26, 2013
Arewa Warrior:

If you are a muslim and grateful to Allah for being one you could start with knowing what the religion says about child marriage before you conclude. It is a choice. If u like you can give your daughters up when thr 30 or even older, however if others choose differently and are not breaking any Islamic law then who are we to objet? You see the white man has managed to poison most of our views on issues that are permissible like also marrying more than 1 wife, Part of the wisdom behind this practice of polygamy is that 99.99% of men are polygamous in nature, whoever tells you otherwise is a hypocrite. ask the xtians to produce any verse in the bible that states you have to marry 1.... that law was man made.

Personally, I cannot marry more than one wife but I am not against polygamy because I do not have evidence to prove it is wrong because many of the so-call monogamist are actually serial cheats with one wife but many girlfriends. But sleeping with small children is nauseating. I don't know how a sane man will be arose by the unclothedness of small children. I think pedophiles should be shot and I can see you are one of them, so five gun shots to your skull.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by hadbak: 12:51pm On Jul 26, 2013
Amonge the principles of al-Islam is calling to gud n forbidding evil. If as a muslim u feel sad regarding the law on the gal child marriage u shld understand that islam meant good for every1 weda as muslims or non-muslims, its about rectifying d society..we shldnt be confused n deceiveed by the propaganda of d weak ones n those who compromise wit d unislamic compromising. Islam is after a chase n moral society.

Every1 knows whts happening in our society today,d gal child isn't an exception. If they are left alone they will be distroyed..
The oda day I ran into a post saying prostitution be legalised,for crying out loud..whre is our morals? We really have to call for what's corrects in oda to safegaurd n protect our society..[s][/s]

1 Like

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by simpleseyi: 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
akpanbaba: Believe me this religion does not worth it.How can MURIC justify this nonsense?.This statement is a disgrace to their religion.This small pickin marriage that your prophet started must stop ooooo.Cant they reason?.What is the corelation between child marriage and prostitution?.Are we not still having prostitution in the islamic countries?.This is absolute backwardness.Why are they struggling with small girls on earth while the seventy-two virgins are waiting for them in their heaven?

My brother please do not let men make you sin against God; blasphemy is a sin. Islam never said that old men should me sleeping with small children; such people are sentenced to death by stoning in the Arab world and you know that Arabs mean what they say.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by FarmTech(m): 2:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
abohrandy: so na by marrying the girls now go stop the "child prostituion"? it no better to hide do the sth than to make am public knowledge with impunity?
To hide do the sth? Is that really better? You can't choose one evil over the other.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by lincolnj88: 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
akthedream: Says who?Or did u get it from uq bible?if yes,kindly post it here for us to see.
lev 11 vs 28-30 God gives d age of when one is fully fit to make his/her choice which is 20yrs...read it and undastand.....and in exodus GOD put abt d development of a child to a youth before marriage.....not from child to adulthood..
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by debbleopto: 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2013
simpleseyi:

Another PEDOPHILE! Ladies and gentlemen, that person sitting or standing beside you may be a pedophile just like this guy that typed rubbish here. Now Mr. ihimami, all these your rantings, let us put them into action. Please come and ask for my under-aged cousin or niece's hand in marriage and lets see whether you will be fit enough to type this rubbish. I am not practicing Islam to please you or according to your own self-specified beliefs. If you can give give out your daughters in primary school out for wedding, kindly contact Sanni Yerima. Stay away from me because I don't spare PEDOPHILES, I destroy them before they destroy the society.

imagine going to children's day anniversary celebration and you see those tender girls ( even in primary six) that can't speak boldly to Mic and you hear that many of them are going into house of grown up men as wife, it will pain you. do you know censored film do not permit 17 years to watch obscene films, but hear a girl of 12 years because of puberty is not even watching but practising it with over experience man.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by debbleopto: 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2013
simpleseyi:

Another PEDOPHILE! Ladies and gentlemen, that person sitting or standing beside you may be a pedophile just like this guy that typed rubbish here. Now Mr. ihimami, all these your rantings, let us put them into action. Please come and ask for my under-aged cousin or niece's hand in marriage and lets see whether you will be fit enough to type this rubbish. I am not practicing Islam to please you or according to your own self-specified beliefs. If you can give give out your daughters in primary school out for wedding, kindly contact Sanni Yerima. Stay away from me because I don't spare PEDOPHILES, I destroy them before they destroy the society.

imagine going to children's day anniversary celebration and you see those tender girls ( even in primary six) that can't speak boldly to Mic and you hear that many of them are going into house of grown up men as wife, it will pain you. do you know censored film do not permit 17 years to watch obscene films, but hear a girl of 12 years because of puberty is not even watching but practising it with over experience man.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 26, 2013
kobonaire: @akthedream You seem like a reasonable man and obviously you are very passionate about your religious beliefs. So now, forget history and let us just concentrate on our era. Do you think it is right of a 60+ year old man to marry a 13 year old girl? And when you want to answer think about all the lovely women in your life and imagine them getting married at 13 .... i hope to get a logical response from you.
If you have read my earlier post,you would have been able to deduce that i cant and would not advice anybody to marry a 13 yrs old girl..All things being equal and with situation in Nigeria at the moment,i think a girl should be thinking about marriage at an average age of 20 to 22 yrs upward.

1 Like

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
Ruthia: mohammed was a child molester nd a sex addict having sex with slaves even married slaves nd concubines
I thought you are a learned girl that argues with facts...You are simply unwise..*no insult intended*
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 26, 2013
Ruthia: let me educate u fool, our pastors neva preach about people's religion(mumuslim) dey concentrate on putting us on d right part, who'l go about wasting time talking about ur religion wen der's notyn gud to say about it, i told ur fellow muslim showed me all dis things, i'm sure dey've bath u with dat der water nd u've drank it, dats y u cant c d darkness u're in, ape! Inside me nd u who dey jobless, castrated monkey , uncircumcised baboon
You are here criticising Shetima whom i told u is human and prone to error.But do me a favour,read ur comment all over again and tell me if this is what ur Christainity teaches you.You know what? You are not different from shetima.You are here calling someone who u have not seen an Ape..CAN YOU PLEASE POST YOUR PICTURE HERE FOR US ALL TO SEE?As u can see,i am trying so hard unlike what ur religion teaches you not tn use an insultive word..i just hope u got the message though..
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by kobonaire(m): 7:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
akthedream: If you have read my earlier post,you would have been able to deduce that i cant and would not advice anybody to marry a 13 yrs old girl..All things being equal and with situation in Nigeria at the moment,i think a girl should be thinking about marriage at an average age of 20 to 22 yrs upward.
thank you my friend, I knew I was conversing with an intelligent mindset here .... cheers!
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 26, 2013
lincolnj88: lev 11 vs 28-30 God gives d age of when one is fully fit to make his/her choice which is 20yrs...read it and undastand.....and in exodus GOD put abt d development of a child to a youth before marriage.....not from child to adulthood..
You are a liar..Kindly inform me of any christain nation where marrying a girl of less than 20 yr is against the law and i will forever remain silent on this issue.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2013
kobonaire: thank you my friend, I knew I was conversing with an intelligent mindset here .... cheers!
It is so unfortunate that people are overflogging this issue,maybe it because senator shetima was involved.I asked earlier(u can check)..Lool around u and tell me how many muslim men that married a 13 yrs old girl as their wife? Afterall,the so called child marriage has been in Nigeria's constitution(even in countries like USA,England and italy to mention a few) for ages now and was not forced on anybody..
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by kobonaire(m): 7:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
akthedream: It is so unfortunate that people are overflogging this issue,maybe it because senator shetima was involved.I asked earlier(u can check)..Lool around u and tell me how many muslim men that married a 13 yrs old girl as their wife? Afterall,the so called child marriage has been in Nigeria's constitution(even in countries like USA,England and italy to mention a few) for ages now and was not forced on anybody..
That is true, some people on NL may be sensationalizing the argument based on preset and closed mindsets.
PS: Also I don't believe North America permits child marriage. For example, there is no US state that allows a marriage between an adult (18+) and a 13 year old (minor).
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
kobonaire: That is true, some people on NL may be sensationalizing the argument based on preset and closed mindsets.
PS: Also I don't believe North America permits child marriage. For example, there is no US state that allows a marriage between an adult (18+) and a 13 year old (minor).
I believe that only fools initiate insult or fight over religious matters.Afterall,there is no compulsion in Islam.I cant speak for christainity though,but i believe there is no compulsion too.I know you are a learned guy,pls do the search yourself to confirm.You know what?I believe these so called child marriage are mean to discourage Abortion and teenage promiscuity..some states allow 14,15,16 yrs(with parental consent)..Am sorry abt my earlier post about you removing the 'k' from ur username..Nairaland can be frustrating atimes..Sometimes,it seems 70% of people on nairaland are junker.lol
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by kobonaire(m): 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
@akthedream I hear you my friend, some NL patrons can test your patience especially with some of the instigating comments and abuses. I took no offense to any of your earlier posts, like I said, I like your matured response to many of the personal attacks that were unfortunately sent your way by some and that's why I decided to converse with you directly.
I will surely research what you said about the age of consent in N America. What I remember was that under age marriage was only legally allowed between two minors (of course with parental approval) and not between an adult and a minor.
Anyways - wish you a happy w/end!

1 Like

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by debbleopto: 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2013
kobonaire: That is true, some people on NL may be sensationalizing the argument based on preset and closed mindsets.

if you are sometimes reading news from overseas you will be getting information of the practice and laws. three months ago in an America city, a girl(18) was arrested for having affairs with another girl(15). The allegation is that it is against the law for her to have affair with a minor, even though the homosexuality is not questioned. she was even suspended from the school.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by 1oracle(m): 12:58am On Jul 27, 2013
mmmustapha: Proudly Muslim, no matter what u hypocrite do u will never tarnish islam image
Muslims are the only people that tarnished the image of Islam.......boko haram, alqaeda, jihadist, Al-shabab, hezbollah, mujahideen etc are all Muslims.
Now yerima the chief apostle of sharia who married a girl of 12 years is trying so hard to justify his action.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by tintingz(m): 1:22am On Jul 27, 2013
babyosisi:

Why bother responding when u are merely collaborating my post.
re-read my post and tell me what you understand from it...
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by tintingz(m): 1:24am On Jul 27, 2013
akthedream: IS THAT ALL HE POSTED MISS HYPOCRITE?KEEP ON LIEYING AND YOU SHALL GET UR DUE REWARD FROM GOD ALMIGHTY.MUST U LIE TO PASS UR MESSAGE?May God judge you.
bro... You minding her(babyosisi)
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by tintingz(m): 1:26am On Jul 27, 2013
Ruthia: mohammed was a child molester nd a sex addict having sex with slaves even married slaves nd concubines
I guess that's what they use to brainwash you... Keep it up smiley
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by tintingz(m): 1:30am On Jul 27, 2013
Ruthia: let me educate u fool, our pastors neva preach about people's religion(mumuslim) dey concentrate on putting us on d right part, who'l go about wasting time talking about ur religion wen der's notyn gud to say about it, i told ur fellow muslim showed me all dis things, i'm sure dey've bath u with dat der water nd u've drank it, dats y u cant c d darkness u're in, ape! Inside me nd u who dey jobless, castrated monkey , uncircumcised baboon
but your pastors knows how to preach about tithes and private jets hun?? "Darkness indeed" cheesy

And What did you ask from muslims to show you?? undecided
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by tintingz(m): 1:54am On Jul 27, 2013
debbleopto:

I am wondering is it the same God that created them man and woman is the same that said man and girl should marry. could we be expecting boy and woman? when have u heard that when they called for women girls will also follow them. or your girl will refer to herself that she is a woman before her teacher. If khadija were to be around I am convinced that won't happened. for example if 13 is accepted then a 30 years old would have been grand mother. why not be patient and allowed the girl to mature to a young woman. at least there are other young woman not yet married waiting for husband.
Lolzz... Do you read my post well??

Child marriage is a norm in the past century a culture in asia, africa, europe and south america, do you read the part where I posted this

One must first understand that 1400 years agowas very different than now, times havechanged and so have humans. 1400 yearsago it was something very common to marry young girls, in fact they were not consideredyoung girls, rather they were consideredyoung women back then. It is a historic fact that girls from the ages of 9 to 14 were being married in Europe, Asia, and Africa, in fact even in theUnitedStates girls at the age of 10 were also being married just more than a century ago.

^^ Back then human age/growth is different from todays own girls maturity begins at the age of 9-13 they were seen as ladies not young girls, likewise there was no education then for all except for the wealthy people, but today education is important for children, child marriage is not needed anymore.

If adult age is 13 in U.S before and 18 today What will be the adult age in the future?? I guess you will call any man that married a 18-20 years old girl a pedo, craddle-robber of today since you are living in the future? undecided

Hope you get what am saying, next time read with understanding not sentimental before posting.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 2:30am On Jul 27, 2013
kobonaire: @akthedream I hear you my friend, some NL patrons can test your patience especially with some of the instigating comments and abuses. I took no offense to any of your earlier posts, like I said, I like your matured response to many of the personal attacks that were unfortunately sent your way by some and that's why I decided to converse with you directly.
I will surely research what you said about the age of consent in N America. What I remember was that under age marriage was only legally allowed between two minors (of course with parental approval) and not between an adult and a minor.
Anyways - wish you a happy w/end!
Yeah,its between two minors i.e between 14 to 17yrs(plus parental consent and/or a court approval or so) depending on the state..The US and so many countries define an adult as anybody that is 18+..There are countries whose definition of an adult is anybody that is 21+.To some other countries,an adult is anybody that is 15+,16+ or 17+.Guy,if you put a minor from a particular country e.g USA,along side an adult from Nigeria for comparison,there is probability that the minor from the state might be far ahead of the so called Nigerian adult Physically,Mentally and Psychologically .Hence,medically,an adult is someone that has attained Puberty/Pubescent.I think the 18+ or 21+ is to allow them gain some for of experience and education.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by oladraz(m): 5:15am On Jul 27, 2013
U dis ignorant non muslims u'd beta keep shut instead of saying what don't know.d marriage isn't an impediment 2 her success.in fact,she's beta than those girls out there with bsc's and phd's and yet have slept countless of males.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by oscarpad(m): 6:10am On Jul 27, 2013
I stil dont understand y d non muslims are empty headed, even wit d law being passed by d senate, is it mandatory to grant ur child as a bride at ur own displeasure? Of course no, it is a matter of choice. Is either u accept or u reject any offer of such
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by oscarpad(m): 6:27am On Jul 27, 2013
lincolnj88: lev 11 vs 28-30 God gives d age of when one is fully fit to make his/her choice which is 20yrs...read it and undastand.....and in exodus GOD put abt d development of a child to a youth before marriage.....not from child to adulthood..

Brother base ur argument on fact...quote another verse let's see where d bible condemns child marriage

Leviticus 11:28-30

King James Version (KJV)

28 And he that beareth the carcase of them shall wash his clothes, and be unclean until the even: they are unclean unto you.

29 These also shall be unclean unto you among the creeping things that creep upon the earth; the weasel, and the mouse, and the tortoise after his kind,

30 And the ferret, and the chameleon, and the lizard, and the snail, and the mole
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by bamto(m): 9:53am On Jul 27, 2013
kobonaire: it is not that, do not cloud your reasoning, it is about humanity and protecting our young girls. This is not an attack on religion. If you are still adamant, then perhaps the second "m" in your user name should be replaced with a "u".

Lwkmd! You mean mumustapha? A stammerer will do a better job with the name.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by debbleopto: 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2013
tintingz: Lolzz... Do you read my post well??

Child marriage is a norm in the past century a culture in asia, africa, europe and south america, do you read the part where I posted this

^^ Back then human age/growth is different from todays own girls maturity begins at the age of 9-13 they were seen as ladies not young girls, likewise there was no education then for all except for the wealthy people, but today education is important for children, child marriage is not needed anymore.

If adult age is 13 in U.S before and 18 today What will be the adult age in the future?? I guess you will call any man that married a 18-20 years old girl a pedo, craddle-robber of today since you are living in the future? undecided

Hope you get what am saying, next time read with understanding not sentimental before posting.

does a lady play with toys at that time? is the body of 10 years able to bear the burden of pregnancy that time? In all sincerity I was thinking the greatest of the prophets should be able to caution the people at that time. Why is it only Aisha that was married at such tender age among all the wives of the prophet? why is that among all the female slaves captured during the wars, there is no report of girls like that being shared among the soldiers even for the prophet?
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by debbleopto: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2013
oladraz: U dis ignorant non muslims u'd beta keep shut instead of saying what don't know.d marriage isn't an impediment 2 her success.in fact,she's beta than those girls out there with bsc's and phd's and yet have slept countless of males.

are u saying u are also planning to hand over your daughters before they got to JSS1?
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by debbleopto: 12:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
oscar pad: I stil dont understand y d non muslims are empty headed, even wit d law being passed by d senate, is it mandatory to grant ur child as a bride at ur own displeasure? Of course no, it is a matter of choice. Is either u accept or u reject any offer of such

may be homosexuality should also be made a choice and not compulsory. cocaine heroine & Indian hemp should be passed by the law as a choice. You don't consider _the little girls since they don't have their own voice, you only consider the men that are doing transaction over the girl. if the girl is enlightened and ask her to choose between education ( her bright future ) and the proposed marriage, it is education she will choose 100%. why is it in your community it is only the boy child that should be educated and also why has 13 year old boy not mature to marry 12 year old "mature" girl?[b][/b]

Why will a father give out his little girl out for marriage? - because of economic, social or political benefits. After all, Hauwa's father married her off to a man to whom he owed money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

War Against Okada Riders To Resume In Lagos / Fashola Inspects 76 Housing Units In Jalingo, Taraba State / Massive Campaign Against Voting In Aba Today, By IPOB Youths.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.