Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,429 members, 7,901,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 05:41 AM

Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State (13425 Views)

Ex-militants Warn APC, Buhari / Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News / Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
PointB:

lol,

Those militant boys don't do things in the usual way, they may smuggle these 'erudite' fellows in car trunk for maximum protection and dump them at Ore! grin grin cheesy cheesy
If Wole Soyinka stepped foot on GEJ's father's land NOTHING will happen to him. If anything happened to Wole Soyinka, the world would gleefully look the other way as GEJ is sacrificed. Assuming a worst case scenario where total breakdown of law and order happened between the Yorubas and the Ijaws; numerically, this would be a mismatch. Tactically, the Ijaws will realize that they are truly alone as others would gladly gang up on them while they will be left to their fate by their big mouthed neighbors who seem to be currently goading them on.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Rockyheight: 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2013
What is Wole soyinka and Falana going to do in Rivers State. They have said their bit and their opinions very respected. However, going to Rivers will be over stressing the issue at hand and seem like an act desiring cheap publicity. I hope they are aware what treatment the pdp gov. Got when they went. It will be nice if soyinka and his co travellers got worse. Hiding under d guise of a civil activist to work for the opposition. At the rate he is going he is begining to lose respect.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
maxwello.yg:

Politicians noticed their weariness, so they employed them to be their GUN(instruments they use to vex/show off their political anger and frustration to whoever they want, just like Buhari is doing with boko haram).
u were in the same room when Buhari gave Boko Haram suitcases of money to go buy guns, abi?
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
Rockyheight: At the rate he is going he is begining to lose respect.
What is there to lose in the "respect " of a non entity?
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Lordlexy: 3:24pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ikengawo: The problem is the Ijaw portions of Nigeria, Bayelsa and parts of Rivers and Delta States have failed at a level that ranks below even the north. so their perception of democracy, nigeria, politics, economics, relations etc is one that reflects a mind that comes from a nation poorer and less developed than Nigeria. The rest of Nigeria, except the boko haramic north and ijaw delta are beyond the use of violence and terrorism on this scale when they can't make a legitimate argument or apply dialogue. Though I don't trust yoruba intentions in the Rivers crisis, I know as any rational person knows that Soyinka is not wrong in his assessment of the presidency's primitive abuse of power. These militants thus have no right to tell a Nigerian not to speak on Nigeria issues.
And to think that we have Police and other security agents who reserved the right to determine whether a protest should be held or not. So appaling. This is anarchy and impunity on rampage. In a saner clime, such incitement from rebels would have been nip already. Their statements clearly suggest that the police are handicap, and goes to show that that security lies with them(the militant). What Happen to freedom of expression and association. Somebody need to remind them that Nigeria is an entity and not a regional state, and so, the Prof. can protest peacefuly anywhere he desire. Somebody, please tell me the diff between these ppl and the illiterate boko boys?
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Philipsdael(m): 3:31pm On Jul 29, 2013
penny01502: who invited this illitrate here?
Your illitrate Father nai beg me to just type something here.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by gare(f): 3:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
take dat: Short sighted, lazy and patronage-inclined self styled ethnic champions engaging in senseless ethnic-based and irrational arguments. So because both men are not from the ND, they must not interfere in ND affairs? So the Ijaws are now the mouthpiece for the entire region? The Ijaws most especially should shun forthwith, their agenda of promoting threat situations, and defending the indefensible whenever the presidency is criticized. No tribe has the monopoly of violence, nothing must happen to both men(WS and Falana)
Then they should mind their business and remain in the south west enough of all this nonsense by wole soyinka and falana, already peace talk is ongoing, if they so desire they can protest in lagos they must not come to PH to compound issues for us
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Lordlexy: 3:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ikengawo: The problem is the Ijaw portions of Nigeria, Bayelsa and parts of Rivers and Delta States have failed at a level that ranks below even the north. so their perception of democracy, nigeria, politics, economics, relations etc is one that reflects a mind that comes from a nation poorer and less developed than Nigeria. The rest of Nigeria, except the boko haramic north and ijaw delta are beyond the use of violence and terrorism on this scale when they can't make a legitimate argument or apply dialogue. Though I don't trust yoruba intentions in the Rivers crisis, I know as any rational person knows that Soyinka is not wrong in his assessment of the presidency's primitive abuse of power. These militants thus have no right to tell a Nigerian not to speak on Nigeria issues.
And to think that we have Police and other security agents who reserved the right to determine whether a protest should be held or not. So appaling. This is anarchy and impunity on rampage. In a saner clime, such incitement from rebels would have been addressed. Their statements clearly suggest that the police are handicap, and goes to show that that security lies with them(militant). What Happen to freedom of expression and association. Somebody need to remind them that Nigeria is an entity and not a regional state, and so, the Prof. can protest peacefully anywhere he desire. Somebody, please tell me the diff between these tribal champions with the illiterate boko boys? Violent, threat is their stock in trade. It is obvious to every discerning mind that the S/S (Bayelsa, part of Delta, part of PH) and the Hausa fulani extraction base on their recent outburst, have proven to be lacking in civility and define knowledge to express their views without resorting to violence. Leaving power in the hands of such unrefined ppl, may rob on us their low IQ and violent nature. Their undertanding of democracy is an eyesore and nauseating.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by nicky4lif(f): 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2013
(This people are blackmailing us with gun nd bomb nd y is gej not doing anything abt it?are this not the people we are looking for?(Killers)infact were is that my gun nd bomb since that is the only thing people fear nd respect these days
Drock4christ:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/militants-warn-soyinka-falana-to-keep-off-rivers-2/
http://www./ijaw-militants-warn-wole-soyinka-falana.xhtml
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Philipsdael(m): 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2013
penny01502: Those unrespected idioots are trying to bite more than they can chew
fools like you can only brag by typing from phone.....
Retard
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by riteprice1: 3:43pm On Jul 29, 2013
Why is every opinion in nigeria and on nairaland always biased, tribalized or politicized? We all have to be careful on how we analyse politics. A good politician today may turn bad tommorow. So its better to support what a politician is standing for on a particular issue, instead of supporting (worshipping) the politician wholeheartedly even if the politician is obviously wrong. By so doing, whenever the politician who is right today becomes wrong tomorow, u can always exonerate yourself from that politician.
With that in mind, WS has supported so many good cause in Nigeria politics but we have to admit there were some he shouldnt have supported, afterall, nobody is above mistake no matter the education acquired.
WS and falana going to Rivers is a good cause BUT not a WISE one. Its just like Edwin clark going to Ekiti to lead a rally or settle a dispute, no one in that region would give a phuck about him.
Lastly, ND militants dont blab. A word is enough for the wise. Lets see if he is truly wise.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by KDULAR: 3:43pm On Jul 29, 2013
Well serves them both right for them to realize that , you don't borrow or lend your gifts to natural ingrates and self serving green eyed homo sapiens. When these same people continued to fight in the face of intimidation and threat to their lives for the enthrone and swearing in of their Bros as the president, they weren't such threats and statements now when the issue is now about good reasoning governance and polity, that speaks truth about what is wrong with their bros and state and how to go about it, see what they are now getting.

Same thing played itself during the war when WS was one of those who did something for the Eastern Borders and was detained by the FGN for that no one remembers but when he said nothing completely non insulting but rather redeeming of the potopoto being propagated and spewed in the literary world in 9ja concerning CA , all hell was let loose and the consistent inclination to social truth and justice doesn't count but sheer ethnic chauvinism and nepotism.

We are watching o.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Protest being hijarcked is what Your Oga At The Top wants else he wouldn't have paid militants to issue such a statement. Your Oga should be very careful with Wole Soyinka. The Prof has been doing this before he was born in 1957. Go find out.
Even when the President was nine (9) years old i.e is in 1966,he spoke for the Biafrians and went to jail for it.Like the comment above,you can not stop the Prof from doing what GEJ has never done.wole dey work,GEJ dey chop...Democratic Struggle.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by todayguest(m): 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
In all I hv read. I hv not seen where security is guaranteed for the elites,visitors nd groups. I know,Ijaws are not senseless as some think. A situation where the CP apear "anti " and no replacement dont sound right. Just this one question: who will provide the security and Is the protest rally an approved one? Never theless, the above untried script reminds me of Mrs B. Bhutto of Pakistan a couple of years ago. She was warned in advance, it was laballed empty threat. The rest is now history. However, the rally in my judgment meant well for the state and democracy. Security must be paramount. Personally, I can guess what the organizers are planning. Also, our failure or neglect to see squarely will cause more harm. Aboveall, I wish them well, if it will make warring factions sheath their swords.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by LBT: 4:16pm On Jul 29, 2013
I do not support violence but had to comment, the ijaws like making threats but they fail to realise that the south west has its own militia group which would not take it likely if any thing happens to Soyinka or Falana; who expected that boko haram would be armed the way they are armed? People know most of what the ijaw guy have but do they know what other groups have? KNOW! I believe a word is enough for the wise. We are all Nigerians regardless of tribe etc
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
ubanett: it is now i know why ACHEBE was de GREATEST.
Who was 'it'?

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Leemak: 4:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
Bunch of idiotic hired thugs called Pro-GEJ supporters....what do you expect when a daft and opportunist person rule a nation?

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2013
ubanett: it is now i know why ACHEBE was de GREATEST.
Where was Chinua Achebe when Nigeria was boiling, outside the country in USA wearing a berret? Who doesn't know Achebe wasn't a "modern nationalist" like Soyinka. He only spoke when the Igbo were involved. Soyinka spoke, speaks and will speak irrespective of the tribe that is involved. If you can give me an instance where Achebe spoke for other tribes I will quit this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by ilebaami: 4:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
igbokwe sampson: I wonder why wole n femi are so much interested in Rivers crisis , Its possible they may kick against the peace discussion currently going on btw they two brothers GEJ n Amechi, are all these, for the LOVE of Amechi, Rivers or for the HATE of GEJ, Nigeria?

Pls read http:///k9sbE
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Francis5: 4:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
There is a lot to protest in Lagos and SW. Wole and Falana should head to the illegal camps where fellow Nigerians are packed prior to illegal deportation to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 29, 2013
After the revelation of Patience Jonathan before some priest in Abuja on the genesis of the crisis in Rivers State which she traced to what happened in Okirika in 2010, I don't expect any right thinking person to say the Presidency doesn't have a hand in what is happening in the state. Reuben Abati himself even condemned PEJ's action.
Nigerians, start reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by bestview: 4:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
take dat: Short sighted, lazy and patronage-inclined self styled ethnic champions engaging in senseless ethnic-based and irrational arguments. So because both men are not from the ND, they must not interfere in ND affairs? So the Ijaws are now the mouthpiece for the entire region? The Ijaws most especially should shun forthwith, their agenda of promoting threat situations, and defending the indefensible whenever the presidency is criticized. No tribe has the monopoly of violence, nothing must happen to both men(WS and Falana)

Let them enter their. The Ijaws I know too well does not take back their words, they will lynch them both if they dare to set foot in ND soil..

Useless yuruba people, I think you people should go and solve numerous problems bedeviling you backward tribe..

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
Francis-1:
There is a lot to protest in Lagos and SW. Wole and Falana should head to the illegal camps where fellow Nigerians are packed prior to illegal deportation to Nigeria.

Of course they wouldn't, and their noisy supporters here would see nothing wrong with their failure to protest against the unconstitutional and divisive act of deporting Nigerians from one part of the country to another.

It is more profitable for these janus-faced 'activists' to throw cheap darts at the presidency, since that would not only attract maximum publicity, but would also increase the handouts they receive from their opposition paymasters and international donors. Besides, don't forget that the ignoble laureate's son is a commissioner in ACN-governed Ogun State, so you don't expect him to activate his selective 'activism' in protest of any wrongdoing perpetrated by the party and its members. What a discredited character, and a monumental embarrassment to the Nobel Prize and all it stands for.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
bestview: [/b]

Let them enter their. The Ijaws I know too well does not take back their words, they will lynch them both if they dare to set foot in ND soil..

Useless yuruba people, I think you people should go and solve numerous problems bedeviling you backward tribe..

You guys should leave that talk. I grew up in PH and one thing I know, Niger Deltans are the most selfish people. How many times have Oil companies released money to militants and their communities get nothing. What development have come out off the amnesty.

Where were the blood thirsty militants when Predident Goodluck was robbed his presidential right.

Wole Soyinka was even against the acting President role. Where were the gun slinging militants. Keep on killing yourselves because no other person is dying.

If not Wole Soyinka, Mrs Turia Yaradua would have still been ruling. The Bayelsans and Niger Delta, even if they deny it, owe a lot to Wole Soyinka. So I find it disgusting seeing him being insulted by criminals.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by ebosed: 5:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
A significant level of foolishness must prevail in the society for wisdom to have value. I stopped getting bothered by these unfortunate miscreants from the south south. The quota system and educationally disadvantage system has helped produced educated illiterates and sycophants all around Niger Delta. How can a permanent secretary speak so incoherently like Mrs. Ebele? How did we have miscreants all over our democratic climate in south south? I am lost for words. This thing called "quota system" must be scrapped. I wonder how many credit got Mr. Ebele admission to the university, I doubt Mrs. Ebele had P8 in English Language. When the foundation is destroyed...
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by omenka(m): 5:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
fiscalcliff: Hmmn!
So Ijaw criminals or is it militants i.e. hired thugs are now the mouthpiece of a sitting Presidentundecided
When Soyinka was marching on the streets for Ebele's elevation to President after Yaradua's demise as was Falana demanding same,where were they
Now he is their 'son' who can do no wrong undecided
Wole who was imprisoned for speaking out for the Igbo's during Biafra is now suddenly a noisemaker shocked
Jonathan's ambition will ruin this nation
If he was performing, 1 would even understand why he's seeking to return
Truly Achebe was right because they truly was a country

You've said it all. One need'nt add anything else!

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by dayokanu(m): 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2013
Codedrock: To be Candid, that soyinka guy they fuc*k up jor.. Wetin concern him wit politics.. I just hate the way abuses goodluck/wife..

Why you no ask wetin concern him with Politics when he was negotiating on behalf of MEND or fighting the cabal to install Jonathan as president

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by ebosed: 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

You guys should leave that talk. I grew up in PH and one thing I know, Niger Deltans are the most selfish people. How many times have Oil companies released money to militants and their communities get nothing. What development have come out off the amnesty.

Where were the blood thirsty militants when Predident Goodluck was robbed his presidential right.

Wole Soyinka was even against the acting President role. Where the gun slinging militants. Keep on killing yourselves because no other person is dying.

If not Wole Soyinka, Mrs Turia Yaradua would have still been ruling. The Bayelsans and Niger Delta, even if they deny it, owe a lot to Wole Soyinka. So I find it disgusting seeing him being insulted by criminals.
You think He is being insulted? I don't think so, you are expecting too much from educated illustrates. In the next 100 years, South South would not be able to produce a Nigerian Bred Nobel Laurel, how can they appreciate him.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 5:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
Philipsdael: once upon a time
Wole soyinka was a respectable elder state man.....he was once the creme dela creme in any societal gathering.....
If Ijaw boyz catch am eh.... Them go barb that him white hair for ham....
(why is he tackling our 1st lady, the mother of Rotimi Ameachi.... )

cheesy : D cheesy , if dey barb that him white hair, na hm be say, he own don finito....
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by ebosed: 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2013
WildChild00:

cheesy : D cheesy , if dey barb that him white hair, na hm be say, he own don finito....

No man can be greater than is thought, your thought pattern is why you are who you are. I feel for you.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2013
dayokanu:

Why you no ask wetin concern him with Politics when he was negotiating on behalf of MEND or fighting the cabal to install Jonathan as president

Na who tell say he fight cabal?, it was a general fight, na only him fight? Get ur facts right....
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by dayokanu(m): 5:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
WildChild00:

Na who tell say he fight cabal?, it was a general fight, na only him fight? Get ur facts right....

I saw him, Falana, Bakare leading the protest against the cabal when some people were sitting on the fence

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ibrahim Idris Visits Family Of Late Francis Bolaji Odesanya (Photos) / Akpabio Walking Against The Tide And The Will Of His People-secondus / Iliyasu Gadu: President Buhari’s Devil Alternative On 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.