Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,781 members, 7,915,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 06:00 PM

Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State (13431 Views)

Ex-militants Warn APC, Buhari / Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News / Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by dayokanu(m): 9:03pm On Jul 29, 2013
Soyinka protesting against Obasanjo

Soyinka promises more protests after his arrest

The Nigerian Nobel prize-winning author Wole Soyinka has vowed to launch new anti-government protests after being tear-gassed and arrested by police in Lagos at the weekend.

"I was out with others to protest against the increasing dictatorship in this country," Mr Soyinka said after his release on Saturday.

He had gone out on to the streets with about 500 Nigerian human rights activists and civic leaders to protest against the government of President Olusegun Obasanjo, which they accuse of being "a civilian dictatorship"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/may/17/books.booksnews

[size=14pt]Soyinka Backs Massive Protest; Calls for Iwu's Sack; Says Obasanjo Politically Corrupt[/size]
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 9:03pm On Jul 29, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: I am saying what they did was for ,igeria and not for a presidential package. So why is it that we Niger Deltans feel they have an alterior motive behind their campaign now and are issuing death threaths.

I am. An Akwa Ibomite but born and raised in Rumubiakani, Port-Harcourt.100 percent Niger Deltan.

Bros now I get your point, nobody is issuing death threat to dem, the people felt they are abusing the powers bestow on dem by being partisan to the crisis rocking Rivers states, the youths hv to option than to speak out as they have always done in the past, thats all.....
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 9:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
dayokanu:

The most vocal critics of Obasanjo were Yorubas

Vocal indeed! The question is where dey as vocal as they are currently, the answer is absoultely no.
What are the functions of an activist?
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 9:23pm On Jul 29, 2013
dayokanu: Soyinka protesting against Obasanjo

[size=14pt]Soyinka Backs Massive Protest; Calls for Iwu's Sack; Says Obasanjo Politically Corrupt[/size]

Wen Obasanjo was warming up for third term, I never saw Prof. Wole and co speaking to the dalies and staging protest ooooo.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:27pm On Jul 29, 2013
WildChild00:

Bros now I get your point, nobody is issuing death threat to dem, the people felt they are abusing the powers bestow on dem by being partisan to the crisis rocking Rivers states, the youths hv to option than to speak out as they have always done in the past, thats all.....

There is nothing wrong in speaking out or having an opinion. What the Prof is against is wrong. We can't sweep the President and his wife's actions in the Rivers matter under the carpet. We can't condone a CP allowing thugs in the building. We can't tell fathers of the nation not to protest. They have fought and driven this nation for so long that they shouldn't watch when wrong takes place.

The President should call his people to order because they are the ones creating the unrest.

The youths should not take sides politically but take the right steps and speak against wrong processes.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 9:34pm On Jul 29, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

There is nothing wrong in speaking out or having an opinion. What the Prof is against is wrong. We can't sweep the President and his wife's actions in the Rivers matter under the carpet. We can't condone a CP allowing thugs in the building. We can't tell fathers of the nation not to protest. They have fought and driven this nation for so long that they shouldn't watch when wrong takes place.

The President should call his people to order because they are the ones creating the unrest.

The youths should not take sides politically but take the right steps and speak against wrong processes.

Bros, yes what you are saying is right, the Prof as a citizen of the federal repulbic of Nigeria and an elder states man is entitled to his own opinion, likewise u and I tooo, but the mode the prof, I taking it keep everyone wondering, he is meant not to take side, u understand wat I am saying, he should play more of an advisory role, and elder, that is wat he (prof Wole) is known for, rather than taking sides. The youths are not taking sides either.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by 0monnakoda: 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
WildChild00:

Wen Obasanjo was warming up for third term, I never saw Prof. Wole and co speaking to the dalies and staging protest ooooo.
Probably because you were high on weeed and kaikai

http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/guardian-leave-now-soyinka-tells-obj
http://allafrica.com/stories/200606020551.html
http://www.afrika.no/Detailed/11036.html

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by dayokanu(m): 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
0monnakoda: Probably because you were high on weeed and kaikai

Probably because after giving him 2 instances each of Falana and Soyinka protesting against Obasanjo where Soyinka was even arrested and teargassed he still maintained his diatribe

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Reference(m): 9:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
The South-South or ND should be left alone. It is merely undergoing the same phase-change the South-West experienced in the Fourth Republic. At the end of this cycle the region will emerge stronger, more focused and on an even keel towards development having moulded proper leadership qualities from this frothy mix of combatants. That is if Wole and his disciples donot vent the oven while the dough rises.

Let the ND sort out itself and emerge the better for it. That region deserves it. The rest of Nigeria had better pray that this process runs its course and that strong, focused and determined leadership emerges. Because quite frankly your livelihoods and that of your children to come depend on it.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 9:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
dayokanu:

Probably because after giving him 2 instances each of Falana and Soyinka protesting against Obasanjo where Soyinka was even arrested and teargassed he still maintained his diatribe

Maybe they were not as vocal, perhaps the man is frm their region, and are u telling me that dey stopped OBJ frm his third term bid? "Mr. Femi n Prof. Wole did it?" As an activist himself an Femi should not been seen taking sides, organising conferences and collecting money frm one party, they should be netural in their dealings and more of advisory role.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by OBAGADAFFI: 9:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
Well I dare them to touch Shoyinka and Falana.
Yorubas may look quite, but their violence is deadly.
Ijaws should ask the Hausas what they experienced during Abacus regime.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by 0monnakoda: 9:53pm On Jul 29, 2013
Whether you like it or Not we will kick that fisherman out in 2015 if you want someone from your region bring Amaechi who understands governance, Not Alams' mumu boyboy GEJ. He is going down

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
OBAGADAFFI: Well I dare them to touch Shoyinka and Falana.
Yorubas may look quite, but their violence is deadly.
Ijaws should ask the Hausas what they experienced during Abacus regime.

Call ur brothers frm the South west to other, thats all the youths hv asked for, they can settle their problem themselves.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 9:57pm On Jul 29, 2013
0monnakoda: Whether you like it or Not we will kick that fisherman out in 2015 if you want someone from your region bring Amaechi who understands governance, Not Alams' mumu boyboy GEJ. He is going down

You think so? Na be Nigeria we dey? Pdp power cheesy cheesy cheesy The more you look the less u see, na be only Alams...... Lol
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by 0monnakoda: 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ijaw people should learn from what happened to the Eboes.Do not let Asari Dokubo lead you astray with his threats, Fly wey no hear word dey follow dead body enter grave. How anyone can say that Wole Soyinka has been anything but a friend to the Ijaw is a mystery . Yes blood is thicker than water but GEJ is not a friend of the Ijaw.What did he achieve as governor .Even now Point to ONE thing he has delivered for IJAWS rather he is setttling a Narrow clique of touts

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by dayokanu(m): 10:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
WildChild00:

Maybe they were not as vocal, perhaps the man is frm their region, and are u telling me that dey stopped OBJ frm his third term bid? "Mr. Femi n Prof. Wole did it?" As an activist himself an Femi should not been seen taking sides, organising conferences and collecting money frm one party, they should be netural in their dealings and more of advisory role.

They were not as vocal and I already showed you 4 different news piece about both of them

They werent as vocal yet Soyinka was arrested and teargassed?

Is it until he is shot before you acknowledge that he is vocal?

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
WildChild00:

Bros, yes what you are saying is right, the Prof as a citizen of the federal repulbic of Nigeria and an elder states man is entitled to his own opinion, likewise u and I tooo, but the mode the prof, I taking it keep everyone wondering, he is meant not to take side, u understand wat I am saying, he should play more of an advisory role, and elder, that is wat he (prof Wole) is known for, rather than taking sides. The youths are not taking sides either.

In this Rivers State stress, what should Prof. Wole do? What should he say to Gov. Amaechi? The problem came from PEJ's loyalist trying to overthrow Gov. Amaechi as far as this assembly crises is concerned. The CP isn't acting right also. These are under GEJ. The youths of Rivers State are against the Prof because he isn't Riverine. That is taken sides.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 10:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

In this Rivers State stress, what should Prof. Wole do? What should he say to Gov. Amaechi? The problem came from PEJ's loyalist trying to overthrow Gov. Amaechi as far as this assembly crises is concerned. The CP isn't acting right also. These are under GEJ. The youths of Rivers State are against the Prof because he isn't Riverine. That is taken sides.

Over the years Prof Wole has been known to always say the truth the way it meant to be, but on this particular crisis, he has choosen to take side, by supporting the Governor of the state, which is not the right thing for an activist to have done, he should act as an elder states man.
How is the CP suppose to act? Pls tell us.......
The youths are not against Prof Wole becos he is not frm Rivers state, but rather he is taking sides, instead of being an elder states man, as he has always done in the past.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by dayokanu(m): 10:53pm On Jul 29, 2013
WildChild00:

Over the years Prof Wole has been known to always say the truth the way it meant to be, but on this particular crisis, he has choosen to take side, by supporting the Governor of the state, which is not the right thing for an activist to have done, he should act as an elder states man.
The youths are not against Prof Wole becos he is not frm Rivers state, but rather he is taking sides, instead of being an elder states man, as he has always done in the past.

Did Soyinka not take sides with Jonathan during the Yar Adua cabal issue ?

Did Soyinka not take sides with MEND in 2009?

So why has it become a problem to take sides against inJustice

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Lordlexy: 11:02pm On Jul 29, 2013
McLuhan: I support the demonstration being planned by Soyinka, Falana and their colleagues. These are fearless pro-democracy activists who will protest against injustice anywhere. I really commend their courage. My only suggestion is that their activism should not be selective. The Boko Haram problem in Borno is no less an injustice than the crisis in Rivers State. So, immediately after the Port Harcourt rally, they should visit the Boko Haram camps in Maiduguri, Damaturu, and Potiskum for similar demonstrations. I know that Soyinka is totally against the heinous human rights abuses being perpetrated by the Boko Haram terrorists and I know he will surely storm their hideouts very soon to protest the killings.
The boko haram issue is presently being taking care of by fg, and it is right for someone who care so much about the unity and democracy of our dear country to voice their concern against power who are neck deep to unjustly remove a sitting governor. Gej is a president of Nig and that of ijaw, and thus making threat to prevent a suppose lawful and peaceful protest shows the total breakdown of security and the ineptitude of the Nigerian force. Places where justice and law prevail, these miscreants would have been put behind bars for incitement.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
dayokanu:

Did Soyinka not take sides with Jonathan during the Yar Adua cabal issue ?

Did Soyinka not take sides with MEND in 2009?

So why has it become a problem to take sides against inJustice

You asked if Prof did not take sides during the cabal era of late Yar Adua issue, yes the prof, has to the join the masses in wat was becoming an oppression, frm the Yara Adua's govt, and this is the best way, the whole international community where all in support of this struggle, the Eu, United nations, US, AU, name it, he has no choice, tell me, how many members of the international communities supports wat he is currently doing now in Rivers states?

Did Prof not take sides with Mend, prof over the years and as an activist has always supported the Niger delta region, expecially during the late Ken Saruwa era, so it is not a surprise, for him to hv choose that line, and moreover, the international communities supported them as well too and Prof can not choose to be indifferent.

No body is saying Prof and co should not take sides against injustice, be the manner @ which they are going about it, which every Nigerians both home and abroad know is wrong, he should play more of an advisory role to the Rivers States crisis.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 29, 2013
Codedrock: To be Candid, that soyinka guy they fuc*k up jor.. Wetin concern him wit politics.. I just hate the way abuses goodluck/wife..

You are worried about the abuses while she is busy eating all the country's money. You need to come to Europe and see how they abuse the politicians. Did you hear about Margeret thatcher? Soyinka hasn't called shepopotamus a witch yet o.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by OBAGADAFFI: 11:24pm On Jul 29, 2013
WildChild00:

Call ur brothers frm the South west to other, thats all the youths hv asked for, they can settle their problem themselves.
Why should we call anybody to other, so protest is now a taboo in Nigeria.
WS has outlived many dictators in Nigeria and GEJ won't be different.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by CosmicJames(m): 11:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
D crisis in R/S is now goin on a new dimension n nobody kws hw it ll end. Hwever, I do hope dt dis whole thing ll end soon n in peace.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 11:36pm On Jul 29, 2013
OBAGADAFFI:

Nobody is saying protest is not allowed, Its allowed in an democratic setting, but do not forget, there are rules and regulations wel spelt out before protest can be allowed e.g. Getting a permit from the Nigerian police force.

South west is not a threat, we frm the south-south knows the language they understand, go ask the leader of one of the parties frm the south-west who lives in Ikoyi, I rest my case.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by OBAGADAFFI: 12:02am On Jul 30, 2013
WildChild00:

Nobody is saying protest is not allowed, Its allowed in an democratic setting, but do not forget, there are rules and regulations wel spelt out before protest can be allowed e.g. Getting a permit from the Nigerian police force.

South west is not a threat, we frm the south-south knows the language they understand, go ask the leader of one of the parties frm the south-west who lives in Ikoyi, I rest my case.

What language are you talking about.
Lol, SS suddenly found their voice because GEJ is in powers.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Ziluxga(m): 12:35am On Jul 30, 2013
OBAGADAFFI:
. Why havent they protested in yobe or borno for de unwanted killings. y rivers? These habitual set of cunny tribe will never rest.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:58am On Jul 30, 2013
WildChild00:

Why is Officer Mbu the CP of the state if he can't protect lawmakers opposite his office who cried to him for help against hoodlums. If he can't carry out and unbiased investigation and only arrest and detain one party.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by dragunov: 1:42am On Jul 30, 2013
Codedrock: To be Candid, that soyinka guy they fuc*k up jor.. Wetin concern him wit politics.. I just hate the way abuses goodluck/wife..
na wa for u o.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Billygee2u: 3:59am On Jul 30, 2013
take dat: Short sighted, lazy and patronage-inclined self styled ethnic champions engaging in senseless ethnic-based and irrational arguments. So because both men are not from the ND, they must not interfere in ND affairs? So the Ijaws are now the mouthpiece for the entire region? The Ijaws most especially should shun forthwith, their agenda of promoting threat situations, and defending the indefensible whenever the presidency is criticized. No tribe has the monopoly of violence, nothing must happen to both men(WS and Falana)

Dear,you should not be faster than your shadow.No need of making too much noise,come to rivers for protest and the world will read another news about NIGER DELTA.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Billygee2u: 4:07am On Jul 30, 2013
fiscalcliff: Hmmn!
So Ijaw criminals or is it militants i.e. hired thugs are now the mouthpiece of a sitting Presidentundecided
When Soyinka was marching on the streets for Ebele's elevation to President after Yaradua's demise as was Falana demanding same,where were they
Now he is their 'son' who can do no wrong undecided
Wole who was imprisoned for speaking out for the Igbo's during Biafra is now suddenly a noisemaker shocked
Jonathan's ambition will ruin this nation
If he was performing, 1 would even understand why he's seeking to return
Truly Achebe was right because they truly was a country

Why must yorubas leave the shores of oduduwa to south south to cause confusion and add more fuel to a burning fire? what really do they want to achieve? hypocrites. Just looking for a cheap favour in oil land.the time of Imo state crisis,what did you do? Yoruba's intention is only but, to destablize NIGER DELTA. who is fooling who in Nigeria?
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Billygee2u: 4:10am On Jul 30, 2013
Why must yorubas leave the shores of oduduwa to south south to cause confusion and add more fuel to a burning fire? what really do they want to achieve? hypocrites. Just looking for a cheap favour in oil land.the time of Imo state crisis,what did you do? Yoruba's intention is only but, to destablize NIGER DELTA. who is fooling who in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Obi Only Visiting Churches For Votes / Digital Birth Registration: UNICEF, NPC To Enlist 800 Corps Members / Nigerian Government Has ‘No Respect For Courts’ – Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.