Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,165 members, 7,887,391 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:08 AM

Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State (13404 Views)

Ex-militants Warn APC, Buhari / Rivers Assembly Crisis: Soyinka, Falana Slam Jonathan – PM News / Ijaw Militants To Boko Haram: “Enough Is Enough” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
Silly millitants, where were they when Boko Haram was killing their people. If they are true freedom figthers that should have been their crusade instead of threatening 2 old men. Cowards

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 5:51pm On Jul 29, 2013
ebosed:

No man can be greater than is thought, your thought pattern is why you are who you are. I feel for you.

You feel so? No man can be greater than his thought, why do you people keep worshipping human? Who told you so??

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 5:57pm On Jul 29, 2013
dayokanu:

I saw him, Falana, Bakare leading the protest against the cabal when some people were sitting on the fence

Leading protect indeed! Likewise others were equally leading protest in their various regions, na be the one wen u see for television u dey report, wat of the ones Nigerians abroad fought?

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by HERO111: 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2013
Well, i think that no matter how intelligent, famous and well respected a man is, he might fail if he does not talk with reservation and maturity. i think wole has shown too much interest in this Rivers crisis issue which will leave many suspecting there is some thing they are yet to know about regarding the matter. Several political misunderstandings have being going on in different places across the nation at different times all the while( south east, south west, north and so on) but we didnt hear Wole's voice. But this ameachi issue is giving him sleepless night to a level that he has publicly insulted himself by harassing several highly placed people all in the name of defending the Govt .

Where was the human right fighter Wole when his brother OBJ loaded soldiers in trucks to go and level a whole community in odi, Zaki biam and so on? were those people chickens? different crisis rocking many parts of the country especially the north, where has wole been?

Let him channel his remaining few years of energy in teaching younger Nigerians better things that will help them see the world from a different perspective than just remembering him only when talking about opposition,activism, criticism,etc

That is how he was shouting govt did this govt did that, but when the then head of state IBB called him and gave him 2 billion Naira to run FRSC, a few months later he was asked to explain how the money was spent, and he became the most quiet man to the point of almost getting born again in Nigeria then. Nigerians forget the past so easily else they wont take some people serious in this country.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by dayokanu(m): 6:14pm On Jul 29, 2013
WildChild00:

Leading protect indeed! Likewise others were equally leading protest in their various regions, na be the one wen u see for television u dey report, wat of the ones Nigerians abroad fought?

Its easy to lead protest in your bedroom and compound

Soyinka and co went to Abuja to the seat of govt to stage the SNG protest which saved Retardeen Jonathan from the cabal

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:16pm On Jul 29, 2013
WildChild00:

Please which one did the militants fight then. I am a Niger Deltan but I can't deny the fact that Wole Soyinka fought for someone who wasn't frok his tribe or party.

This isn't about who is good or bad. Who is corrupt or incorrupt. It is about pushing our baby democracy in the right direction. Just as the protest for GEJ to be sworn in as President.

A coup against Gov. Amaechi through the impeachment of the Rivers State speaker of the house, using armed thugs and a fake mace is a slap to our democracy.

If Gov. Amaechi made wrong steps, we should follow a democratic process to correct it. So the President and his wife are wrong here. It is not if Jona is good or Amaechi is bad.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 6:21pm On Jul 29, 2013
dayokanu:

Soyinka and co went to Abuja to the seat of govt to stage the SNG protest which saved Retardeen Jonathan from the cabal

Hello, understand me, I am not saying they never fought, yes the did, but the truth of the matter is that it was a collective fight, by all well meaning Nigerians.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:24pm On Jul 29, 2013
dayokanu:

They can't tell right from wrong. The commissioner of Police was informed by lawmakers that they were attacked by thugs and hoodlums in the house of assembly. The CP admitted receiving their letter. Yet he let hoodlums into the house. Allowed a fake coup take place with a fake mace. Yet the IG has turned a blind eye to the continous detention of Hon. Chidi Lloyd while Hon. Bipi who led the thugs walks free.

It is becoming more clear that a corrupt cloud is hanging over the Rivers Government house. Yet the Niger Deltans wants Wole Soyinka to keep quiet.

Niger Deltans, we should wake up and protect our democracy and not our brother
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by dayokanu(m): 6:25pm On Jul 29, 2013
WildChild00:

Hello, understand me, I am not saying they never fought, yes the did, but the truth of the matter is that it was a collective fight, by all well meaning Nigerians.

Where were these well meaning Nigerians fighting within Nigeria.

Which of these well meaning Nigerians at the time when the cabal was ruling could muster the courage to go to the seat of govt in Abuja to challenge them?

You think its the same thing going to Abuja and facing the Police vs staying in my compound organize my friends for Gyration and say its a protest against the cabal.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 6:27pm On Jul 29, 2013
Likewise me too, I'm from the Niger Delta, at this point the militant were only interested in protecting the oil from their region, and perhaps marginalization of their region, by d then FG.......... and they were fighting frm their own region tool, likewise u and I.... bros na be the one wen u see for television u go report?

thegoodjoehunt:
Please which one did the militants fight then. I am a Niger Deltan but I can't deny the fact that Wole Soyinka fought for someone who wasn't frok his tribe or party.

This isn't about who is good or bad. Who is corrupt or incorrupt. It is about pushing our baby democracy in the right direction. Just as the protest for GEJ to be sworn in as President.

A coup against Gov. Amaechi through the impeachment of the Rivers State speaker of the house, using armed thugs and a fake mace is a slap to our democracy.

If Gov. Amaechi made wrong steps, we should follow a democratic process to correct it. So the President and his wife are wrong here. It is not if Jona is good or Amaechi is bad.

Likewise me too, I'm from the Niger Delta, at this point the militant were only interested in protecting the oil from their region, and perhaps marginalization of their region, by then FG.......... and they were fighting frm their own region tool, likewise u and I.... bros na be the one wen u see for television u go report?

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
dayokanu:

Where were these well meaning Nigerians fighting within Nigeria.

Which of these well meaning Nigerians at the time when the cabal was ruling could muster the courage to go to the seat of govt in Abuja to challenge them?

You think its the same thing going to Abuja and facing the Police vs staying in my compound organize my friends for Gyration and say its a protest against the cabal.

Understand me, wat is this http://www.openmindfoundation.com/index.php/saving-nigeria-by-nigerians-in-the-diaspora-a-paper-presented-by-solomon-asemota/
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by skyfall: 6:40pm On Jul 29, 2013
The aborigines are at it again.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by 0monnakoda: 6:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
HERO111: Well, i think that no matter how intelligent, famous and well respected a man is, he might fail if he does not talk with reservation and maturity. i think wole has shown too much interest in this Rivers crisis issue which will leave many suspecting there is some thing they are yet to know about regarding the matter. Several political misunderstandings have being going on in different places across the nation at different times all the while( south east, south west, north and so on) but we didnt hear Wole's voice. But this ameachi issue is giving him sleepless night to a level that he has publicly insulted himself by harassing several highly placed people all in the name of defending the Govt .

Where was the human right fighter Wole when his brother OBJ loaded soldiers in trucks to go and level a whole community in odi, Zaki biam and so on? were those people chickens? different crisis rocking many parts of the country especially the north, where has wole been?

Let him channel his remaining few years of energy in teaching younger Nigerians better things that will help them see the world from a different perspective than just remembering him only when talking about opposition,activism, criticism,etc

That is how he was shouting govt did this govt did that, but when the then head of state IBB called him and gave him 2 billion Naira to run FRSC, a few months later he was asked to explain how the money was spent, and he became the most quiet man to the point of almost getting born again in Nigeria then. Nigerians forget the past so easily else they wont take some people serious in this country.
You are a dunce so FRSC was set up with 2 billion naira ? In what year was this and what was the value of ONE NAIRA in that year. Who asked him to explain what happened to the money ?? Give us some evidence ! You think you are in your Kaikai shed with your fellow villagers.
Was it not these same NIger Delta militants that said they would only accept Wole Soyinka to negotiate for them. http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/09/29/ozatp-nigeria-delta-idAFJOE58S04Z20090929 Abeg sht your drunken mouth

Show us a credible link for your FRSC story

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Ikpewe: 6:51pm On Jul 29, 2013
Wole should come with his wife
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Stiv(m): 7:07pm On Jul 29, 2013
take dat: Short sighted, lazy and patronage-inclined self styled ethnic champions engaging in senseless ethnic-based and irrational arguments. So because both men are not from the ND, they must not interfere in ND affairs? So the Ijaws are now the mouthpiece for the entire region? The Ijaws most especially should shun forthwith, their agenda of promoting threat situations, and defending the indefensible whenever the presidency is criticized. No tribe has the monopoly of violence, nothing must happen to both men(WS and Falana)

Guy, both men should take heed. I'm yet to understand the business of the two Yoruba men in Rivers crisis. We are talking of Rivers State, not Ekiti State.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by izzo22: 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
fiscalcliff: Hmmn!
So Ijaw criminals or is it militants i.e. hired thugs are now the mouthpiece of a sitting Presidentundecided
When Soyinka was marching on the streets for Ebele's elevation to President after Yaradua's demise as was Falana demanding same,where were they
Now he is their 'son' who can do no wrong undecided
Wole who was imprisoned for speaking out for the Igbo's during Biafra is now suddenly a noisemaker shocked
Jonathan's ambition will ruin this nation
If he was performing, 1 would even understand why he's seeking to return
Truly Achebe was right because they truly was a country
Wetin consin Igbo inside dis talk nah...but d truth still remains, they should allow d people of d Nija delta resolve dre wahala
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
WildChild00: Likewise me too, I'm from the Niger Delta, at this point the militant were only interested in protecting the oil from their region, and perhaps marginalization of their region, by d then FG.......... and they were fighting frm their own region tool, likewise u and I.... bros na be the one wen u see for television u go report?

We can't deny that the President and his wife lack understanding of the democracy that got a minority to become President. We were ruled by a man who passed away and everyone kept quiet. It was Wole and Co. that said, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH". It wasn't partisan or tribal. It was for pushing the country forward.

They got no presidential package or reward.

Now #TeamPEJ is trampling on democracy and trying to topple Gov. Amaechi. Using the police force to handle the Riverine crises issue by arresting and detaining Hon. Chidi Lloyd while those who committed atrocities against the house of assemboy get patted on the back for treason.

Wole Soyinka and co. are saying once again , "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" and criminals give these defenders/heroes of our democracy death threaths.

It is really disappointing from my Niger Delta brothers.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
Stiv:

Guy, both men should take heed. I'm yet to understand the business of the two Yoruba men in Rivers crisis. We are talking of Rivers State, not Ekiti State.

Whwt concerned them when GEJ was robbed his Presidential rights? We were talking of an Ijaw man, not a Yoruba man.

Now the same man is trampling on a states democracy with his wife and the men who fought for him should shut up?

Plase GEJ should act as our President and behave responsibly. He should leave Gov. Amaechi alone and let the electoral process remove the governor if his people are not satisfied. GEJ should order the IG to release Hon. Chidi Lloyd and get him charged to court let the judiciary do their job.

He should also order the IG to arrest Hon. Bipi and caution the commissioner of police.

If Hon. Chidi Lloyd was tortured, all partakers must feel the full arm of the law.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2013
izzo22: Wetin consin Igbo inside dis talk nah...but d truth still remains, they should allow d people of d Nija delta resolve dre wahala

Goodluck is the President of Nigeria, not the Niger Deltans. If he is wrong, Nigerians should let him and his wife know.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

We can't deny that the President and his wife lack understanding of the democracy that got a minority to become President. We were ruled by a man who passed away and everyone kept quiet. It was Wole and Co. that said, "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH". It wasn't partisan or tribal. It was for pushing the country forward.

They got no presidential package or reward.

Now #TeamPEJ is trampling on democracy and trying to topple Gov. Amaechi. Using the police force to handle the Riverine crises issue by arresting and detaining Hon. Chidi Lloyd while those who committed atrocities against the house of assemboy get patted on the back for treason.

Wole Soyinka and co. are saying once again , "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" and criminals give these defenders/heroes of our democracy death threaths.

It is really disappointing from my Niger Delta brothers.

Bros eeey, you sure say na niger delta pikin u be? i doubt so, u sound different, but be that as it may be, u were so quick to pin point Wole and co as those who fought the battle, wat about other niger delta sons and daughters who were part of dem, like Briggs and Barrister Oilsa, are u saying they were not part of the struggle? Basically the fight was for the generosity of the well being of the country @ large and not for one group of persons to take the glory to it self of herself, you fought from abroad likewise me frm my own region, is that not so? Every one equally sign the enough is enough register. The question is wat presidential package where you expecting the FG to grant them?
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by dad007(m): 8:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
bestview: [/b]

Let them enter their. The Ijaws I know too well does not take back their words, they will lynch them both if they dare to set foot in ND soil..

Useless yuruba people, I think you people should go and solve numerous problems bedeviling you backward tribe..
YOU GUYS ARE JUST PLAYING WITH FIRE
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
dad007: YOU GUYS ARE JUST PLAYING WITH FIRE

Which kind fire?
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Itoroetti(m): 8:16pm On Jul 29, 2013
take dat: Short sighted, lazy and patronage-inclined self styled ethnic champions engaging in senseless ethnic-based and irrational arguments. So because both men are not from the ND, they must not interfere in ND affairs? So the Ijaws are now the mouthpiece for the entire region? The Ijaws most especially should shun forthwith, their agenda of promoting threat situations, and defending the indefensible whenever the presidency is criticized. No tribe has the monopoly of violence, nothing must happen to both men(WS and Falana)

Why are they not protesting the deportation of non-lagosian?
Why are they not going to the north and protest about the boko haram guys?
Why are they not protesting about many other issues?
Scoring of cheap political point is not allowed in the niger delta.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Spray(m): 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
igbokwe sampson: I wonder why wole n femi are so much interested in Rivers crisis , Its possible they may kick against the peace discussion currently going on btw they two brothers GEJ n Amechi, are all these, for the LOVE of Amechi, Rivers or for the HATE of GEJ, Nigeria?
can someone tell dis clown dat falana and wolesoyinka re humanright activist

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 8:31pm On Jul 29, 2013
Spray:
can someone tell dis clown dat falana and wolesoyinka re humanright activist

human activist my foot, wen their brother was @ the aim of affairs, where were the so called "human activist" wen the speaker during Gbenga Daniels of Ogun state was removed where was the so called "human activist "?

Human activist turn politicians over night #Acn abi na apc
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by McLuhan(m): 8:43pm On Jul 29, 2013
I support the demonstration being planned by Soyinka, Falana and their colleagues. These are fearless pro-democracy activists who will protest against injustice anywhere. I really commend their courage. My only suggestion is that their activism should not be selective. The Boko Haram problem in Borno is no less an injustice than the crisis in Rivers State. So, immediately after the Port Harcourt rally, they should visit the Boko Haram camps in Maiduguri, Damaturu, and Potiskum for similar demonstrations. I know that Soyinka is totally against the heinous human rights abuses being perpetrated by the Boko Haram terrorists and I know he will surely storm their hideouts very soon to protest the killings.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by bffigher(m): 8:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
fiscalcliff: Hmmn!
So Ijaw criminals or is it militants i.e. hired thugs are now the mouthpiece of a sitting Presidentundecided
When Soyinka was marching on the streets for Ebele's elevation to President after Yaradua's demise as was Falana demanding same,where were they
Now he is their 'son' who can do no wrong undecided
Wole who was imprisoned for speaking out for the Igbo's during Biafra is now suddenly a noisemaker shocked
Jonathan's ambition will ruin this nation
If he was performing, 1 would even understand why he's seeking to return
Truly Achebe was right because they truly was a country
soyinka has derailed because of his old age he is not thinking aright and don't think he will always be correct. As for jonathan's ambition that is what we are waiting for let it divide the contry abeg,there was a contry yes there's a contry existing in a contry, biafra in nigeria.Nigeria won the war but not the battle.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:52pm On Jul 29, 2013
I am saying what they did was for ,igeria and not for a presidential package. So why is it that we Niger Deltans feel they have an alterior motive behind their campaign now and are issuing death threaths.

I am. An Akwa Ibomite but born and raised in Rumubiakani, Port-Harcourt.100 percent Niger Deltan.
WildChild00:

Bros eeey, you sure say na niger delta pikin u be? i doubt so, u sound different, but be that as it may be, u were so quick to pin point Wole and co as those who fought the battle, wat about other niger delta sons and daughters who were part of dem, like Briggs and Barrister Oilsa, are u saying they were not part of the struggle? Basically the fight was for the generosity of the well being of the country @ large and not for one group of persons to take the glory to it self of herself, you fought from abroad likewise me frm my own region, is that not so? Every one equally sign the enough is enough register. The question is wat presidential package where you expecting the FG to grant them?
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by EngrChris(m): 8:52pm On Jul 29, 2013
Mrhod: When fed rep took over River legislation, y dint dey stop dem, Izon or Ijaw have finally become violent group, GEJ now use dis wide beast to treating opposition, with d amnesty dey are still treating life, dey should wake up & do d right tin, all dis work, 2015 is stil far.

Why accusing GEJ, all u are doing in on assumption. If u are matured enough u would'nt judge d way u are doing. Unless u are doing it out of hate or showing ur childishness.
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by WildChild00(m): 8:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
McLuhan: I support the demonstration being planned by Soyinka, Falana and their colleagues. These are fearless pro-democracy activists who will protest against injustice anywhere. I really commend their courage. My only suggestion is that their activism should not be selective. The Boko Haram problem in Borno is no less an injustice than the crisis in Rivers State. So, immediately after the Port Harcourt rally, they should visit the Boko Haram camps in Maiduguri, Damaturu, and Potiskum for similar demonstrations. I know that Soyinka is totally against the heinous human rights abuses being perpetrated by the Boko Haram terrorists and I know he will surely storm their hideouts very soon to protest the killings.

My brother I laugh in Boko haram, dey can not dear go der..... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by dayokanu(m): 8:59pm On Jul 29, 2013
WildChild00:

human activist my foot, wen their brother was @ the aim of affairs, where were the so called "human activist" wen the speaker during Gbenga Daniels of Ogun state was removed where was the so called "human activist "?

Human activist turn politicians over night #Acn abi na apc

The most vocal critics of Obasanjo were Yorubas

'Prosecute Obasanjo And Others Involved In Nigeria's Privatization Scandal,' Falana Urges Federal Government

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/prosecute-obasanjo-and-others-involved-nigerias-privatization-scandal-falana-urges-federal

Obasanjo Should Go to Jail - Falana (SAN)

Human right activist and lawyer, Falana SAN insists that ex-President Obasanjo would be in jail if his dealings while in government was investigated.

http://naijajaw..com/2012/12/obasanjo-should-go-to-jail-falana-san.html
Re: Ijaw Militants Warn Soyinka & Falana To Keep Off Rivers State by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 29, 2013
Whoever that is sending these youths, I believe, will arm them. When their mission ends it will be problem taking the arms from them which they will in turn use in harrassing people. This was how insecurity in PH some years started. The power-that-be are so selfish that they can do anything even though they know it will have an adverse effect in future.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FEC Approves Confab’s Main Report / Kogi Guber: Huge Number Of APC Aspirants Is Due To My Efforts - Gov Bello / Oshiomhole 2023 - Oshiomhole Dismisses Rumours Of Presidential Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.