Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,922 members, 7,872,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:48 AM

Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra (26963 Views)

Chukwuma Soludo's Manifesto In 2009 When Contested For Governorship Position / List Of Candidates For Anambra 2014 Governorship Election / A Manifesto For APC To Adopt: My Vision For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Diamondwriter(m): 12:37pm On Aug 07, 2013
story story!!!
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 07, 2013
bushwailo: For those of you guys who want see
Good Quality Projects
Efficient management of state resources.
Urban Planning and Modernization (Not the pig Infested eyesore at Onitsha and Nnewi).
Uplift in the Infrastructure Profile of the state

If you are like most Nigerians looking for an alternative to PDP
Then you know who to vote.

http://www.supportchrisngige4governor.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Support-Sen-Chris-Ngige-for-Governor-2014/248912591809608
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dr-Chris-Nwabueze-Ngige/224834467535881

Don't mind all these clowns, Soludo is just going to offer PDP a backdoor back into Anambra.
Because APGA is not a party, hes just going to use APGA and the decamp back to PDP.

bros if Ngig is so popular how come you are the only one supporting him on this thread.Cant you see failure already written all over his campaign already
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by yuzedo: 12:48pm On Aug 07, 2013
Disappointed at this manifesto! These are all quixotic aspirations na?! I expected more from Chukwuma, the most educated/intellectual aspirant (debatable). An economist should be able to tell us how he intends to achieve these white elephant projects. Debt financing raised via? Bonds market? PPP's? IGR? Federal allocation? Loans? Foreign/Local sources? What interest rates does he target in his fund-sourcing?

Soludo, please articulate your plan like you are talking to a "eco-political" savvy electorate. This won't do. undecided
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Godmann(m): 12:59pm On Aug 07, 2013
Prof Corruption:

It's not the list that's important but how to achieve what's on the list.
Anyone can promise to build bridges on Atlantic ocean linking Lagos to Newyork. But we should ask "how would that be actualized?" Where are the funds? Anambra IGR is 12billion naira. Wages bill is about 16billion. With paltry federal allocation, he wants to build African Dubai Taiwan, ADT? Anyone including Ifeanyi Ubah, Ngige or Andy could draw same list. What would then be the difference? Soludo should go a step further by detailing how some of these projects would be funded if elected.

Perhaps a convenient place to start is by telling the electorate his plans, strategies and the methodologies he would deploy to raise Anambra IGR.

In your support. All that Soludo has done is just copy and paste. Where and how is he going to raise money to build all these should be very important. I am not saying what he said is not achievable, but there is certainly no way these can be achieved in 8 years in Anambra State that is presently in Nigeria. If the Power in Abuja can pull some strings, then we can achieve 50 % of what he said. But beleieve me, with all other factors beyond a Governor, Soludo can hardly achieve 10% of what he said. In particular, there is no way a Governor can create a million Jobs in this country within 8 years. But only a change in Policy by Abuja can create 5 million Jobs in a year.

That is why I do not waste my Energy on who becomes a Governor. Nigeria problem is Abuja because what matter is the policy that can only be made at Abuja. Our Policing and courts alone if got to order will solve half of our problem. These are outside the control of a governor. Going into how Policing and courts kills our busineses and how these reflects in lessers jobs will make volumes. Also is our export/import policies. These are what is killing our economy and no governor can help it. Remember corruption, teh biggest headache can only be tackled by policing and courts.

In essence, there is very little Soludo can do.

Anyway, let him come out of copy and paste and be a bit practical. let him first diagnose the problem with us before offering his solutions.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by oneeast: 1:02pm On Aug 07, 2013
bushwailo: For those of you guys who want see
Good Quality Projects
Efficient management of state resources.
Urban Planning and Modernization (Not the pig Infested eyesore at Onitsha and Nnewi).
Uplift in the Infrastructure Profile of the state

If you are like most Nigerians looking for an alternative to PDP
Then you know who to vote.

http://www.supportchrisngige4governor.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Support-Sen-Chris-Ngige-for-Governor-2014/248912591809608
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dr-Chris-Nwabueze-Ngige/224834467535881

Don't mind all these clowns, Soludo is just going to offer PDP a backdoor back into Anambra.
Because APGA is not a party, hes just going to use APGA and the decamp back to PDP.
Anambra has maintained steady growth. Onitsha the economic hub of the east is cleaned up with brand new infrastructures, Nnewi is equally getting attention as manufacturing capital of Nigeria.

Lagos on the other with all the borrowed funds and allocation has not changed a bit. The last we checked it is still the dirtiest, most disorganized, agbero infested and most unlivable city in the whole world- UN-Habitat. That is APC example. Can you beat that. Lmao
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by DanAnyiam: 1:03pm On Aug 07, 2013
chukwudi44:

bros if Ngig is so popular how come you are the only one supporting him on this thread.Cant you see failure already written all over his campaign already
So you are so brainwashed that you don't know that, probably only zero percent of those on this thread will vote in the said election?
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by adconline(m): 1:34pm On Aug 07, 2013
EASTSIDAZ:

Why have you dedicated all your time all the time fighting the emergence of Anambra International Cargo/Passenger airport? What are your fear? That Anambra will become Nigeria's economic hub? My friend grow up, because non of your bitterness will stop the moving train- Anambra.

FYI: The cargo airport has been approve by FG and prelimnary work has resumed on the site. The massive land has been acquired around Nteje/Aguleri borders and it has been equally fenced. Orient Petroleum is partnering with Anambra state government in executing this mega project.

because you want to convince me with emotions not facts.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by bookface: 1:35pm On Aug 07, 2013
Same ol Same ol! just from a different person!..and trust Nigerian electorates, if they are not swayed by religious/ethnic sentiments, then they must be swayed by a whole barge of empty promises. Either one of these is guaranteed to work 95% of the time!

So this dude promises to transform Anambra to mini heaven and people here already roll out the drums - without of course asking how? "Hey, let's believe him, he is Soludo, the former CBN guv, he can be trusted" - yeah right, never mind that it was just right under his nose that the Banks became so toxic, with the likes of Akingbola and Ibru taking shareholders for a merry ride. - All along, Soludo told us our Banks were doing just fine - No, they weren't you b@satrd!

Go ahead and hand over your state to him. Feed fat on his empty dreams and promises, you never learn do you? At the end of the day, between the dog and the hen, someone will end up pretty fuked up! ....

....and i'd be here pointing my fingers - "Told ya"!
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by NaijaNaWaa: 1:37pm On Aug 07, 2013
Did anyone notice that this is an old document which was apparently used in Soludo's earlier contest?

1 Like

Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by emiye(m): 1:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
I did not see any thing about plan to increase IGR.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by funtanherb(m): 1:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
Ours is a grand vision and a plan for sustainable prosperity. Within the first 90 days of assumption of office, our Administration will organize development study tours of Dubai, Taiwan, and Singapore for selected Government officials, State Assembly, Judiciary, organized private sector, labour, media, clergy, traditional rulers, and academia. The goal is to understand what it takes to build and manage modern, prosperous cities. Within the same period, we would organize the “Anambra 2020 Summit” to harness the contributions of all Anambra people, other knowledgeable Nigerians and our international partners towards the “Anambra Solution 2020”...................This is another waste of Public Fund
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by goldfish80(m): 1:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
sincerenigerian:

You have so much agression, rage, and anger in you. Take a chill pill and lay low. I wouldn't be surprised if you have lived all your life in Lagos or any Southwestern states. Soludo becoming a Governor is not guaranteed yet. Were you the one that diagnosed Fashola with cancer? Why some of you love courting enemies here and there? You hate Yorubas so much to the extent that you have forgotten they sheltered you and gave Igbos help after the civil war. If Yorubas are your enemies, what about the Hausas? Show us which one of the two tribes is your friend. You don't bite the hands that feed you.
Why do you guys see a critisizm on Fashola as a Direct insult on Yourbas? I don't get it anymore!

1 Like

Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by juju2008(f): 1:45pm On Aug 07, 2013
When will party primaries be held or do we assume that Soludo is already the APGA flagbearer.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by willibounce: 1:51pm On Aug 07, 2013
sincerenigerian: I go throway salute if Soludo can achieve 1/10 of what he put on the list. African Dubai, Anambra Airline, Anambra Shopping World (biggest in Africa)........ Typical Nigerian politicians, they promise much but deliver nothing.

If you win, I hope you deliver on your promises. I go move to Anambra myself. Fingers crossed..........

I believe he's gonna do most of the things on the manifesto. The people of anambra and nigerians entirely should learn how to hold leaders responsible so they can perform their duties. The media especially shud help nigeRians by exposing these gReedy politicians. Show us d roads they abandoned and invite thm to Radio and TV programs to come tell nigerians what they have achieved within aa period of time wiTh proofs.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 1:52pm On Aug 07, 2013
Soludo will definately need an assistant from the Peter Obi camp, possibly the person behind Obi's policy as a Vice Governor, to maintain and improve on Obi's project and policies, while Soludo agenda is managed by Soludo.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by PureNigerian: 1:53pm On Aug 07, 2013
Creation of jobs for the youth, fine but how are you going to do it?
Where is the money coming from.
Tell us how much all these will cost and we will be able to tell if
the dream will be realizable or not.
All these with no price tag.
Confused people
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by emiye(m): 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2013
i think Soludo will be the best man to emerge from APGA,but i believe there is less than 50% chance that Soludo will get the APGA ticket, i might be wrong though.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by EPOMA(m): 2:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
Ikengawo: I love news about development in the SE but they're planning an international airport in Anambta? that's completely baseless.

There's an int. in Enugu, an airport in Asaba and another one in Owerri. Too much will cause then all to fail simultaneously. 4 airports in a 45 minute radius.
Na lack of knowledge

1 Like

Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by basilo101: 2:23pm On Aug 07, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

For all the bbullsshit you spew,onething is certain. You are not an Omanbala!...stop lieing to yourself,dude. Go to your Enugu thread and thinker how Chime can spread development to outside enugu city. Umu-Omanbala love Obi and appreciates the giant strides he has recorded. We know Anambra was a squalor with no government presence,before the emergence of Obi . Today,Obi has managed to holistically develop and lay groundbreaking infrastucture in all nook and cranies of the state. Anambra is set to fly,again. Even the Soludo you worship recognizes Obis intimidating achievements. You gullibly think develoment means to beautify a single city,while other parts of the state rot. That's the difference between Obi and Chime. All we need now is somebody who can consolidate Obi's work and watch Omanbala explode.
Thank u my broda. God go punish chime 4 abandoning Nsukka
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by ballabriggs: 2:25pm On Aug 07, 2013
I remember Soludo and NEEDS in the early 2000's when he said NEEDS was going to create 4 million jobs in the first year alone. Perhaps you all need to ask Soludo where are the jobs from NEEDS before taking his manifesto serious.

I remember Soludo said with his bank consolidation and increased liquidity of banks, interest rates will drop as banks compete to make credit available. We hardly saw that years after consolidation. What we saw was the bank took higher risks in a bid to guarantee returns to investors. The result was the near collapse of some of these banks till the CBN and AMCON came with a bail out.

Now the same Soludo has written these words promising heaven and earth. Perhaps you all should make him account for the failure of past strategies and policies before taking him serious on any of the promises in his manifesto.

1 Like

Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by deeptesting(m): 2:27pm On Aug 07, 2013
Soludo will have many excuses to give the Anambra people why he cannot deliver on his promises immediately after he gets to government house.

1. He inherited empty account from his predecessor
2. He will use the little resources left by his predecessor to unleash EFCC investigation on him.
3. The problems and difficulties he will encounter and unable to solve are inherited not created by his administration.

I beg I dey work make somebody help me complete am...I go come back later.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Teeted: 2:30pm On Aug 07, 2013
[quote author=CyberG]The first question is HOW? How will it be achieved? Where will he get the money from? Is it a loan he wants to get on behalf of the people in the state? How much is the estimate? How about the interest? Is he going to tax the people? Or use a tolled approach to generate revenue? How much is the current debt burden of the state? Will he be able to qualify and obtain more loans without paying down any current debts? How much is the civil service wage bill per month? How much is the FG allocation?
O boy how many questions at a time?
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by oneeast: 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
Ikengawo: I love news about development in the SE but they're planning an international airport in Anambta? that's completely baseless.

There's an int. in Enugu, an airport in Asaba and another one in Owerri. Too much will cause then all to fail simultaneously. 4 airports in a 45 minute radius.

If you like let the airport be within 20 minutes radius. Any state that builds an airport should take responsibility. No state should build airport banking on Anambra passengers to create traffic. FYI: FG have already given Anambra license to construct International Cargo/Passenger airport.

A state like Anambra should even have two airports: one local and one International Cargo/Passenger. No amount of NL ranting cannot stop the already ongoing Anambra International Cargo/Passenger airport.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by ektbear: 2:53pm On Aug 07, 2013
Soludo is the man.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Stallione(m): 3:06pm On Aug 07, 2013
Your utterances is andy uba like,why not engage urself with some better tinz instead of tokin rubbish!!
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by outseba(m): 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2013
Prof Corruption:

It's not the list that's important but how to achieve what's on the list.
Anyone can promise to build bridges on Atlantic ocean linking Lagos to Newyork. But we should ask "how would that be actualized?" Where are the funds? Anambra IGR is 12billion naira. Wages bill is about 16billion. With paltry federal allocation, he wants to build African Dubai Taiwan, ADT? Anyone including Ifeanyi Ubah, Ngige or Andy could draw same list. What would then be the difference? Soludo should go a step further by detailing how some of these projects would be funded if elected.

Perhaps a convenient place to start is by telling the electorate his plans, strategies and the methodologies he would deploy to raise Anambra IGR.

on point bro. On point. That manifesto is incomplete witout fund generation/source for dem projects. Let him add that to his manifesto and I will take a 2nd look. As far as am concerned all this na bullocks.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by seanet02: 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2013
Soludo is a big fo.o.l
All the money he embezzle at CBN is not enough for the modaphucker.
Ngige All the way
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by otondo55: 3:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
Chukwuma Soludo remains the man for Anambra Govt seat. By Gods grace, it shall come to pass !
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by delors(m): 3:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
Same old story. Like Anambra doesnt have all these things he copied and pasted before... undecided undecided undecided Soldier go soldier come...
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by oneeast: 3:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
ekt_bear: Soludo is the man.

Hmmmmm
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by bushwailo: 3:51pm On Aug 07, 2013
one.east:

Anambra has maintained steady growth. Onitsha the economic hub of the east is cleaned up with brand new infrastructures, Nnewi is equally getting attention as manufacturing capital of Nigeria.

Lagos on the other with all the borrowed funds and allocation has not changed a bit. The last we checked it is still the dirtiest, most disorganized, agbero infested and most unlivable city in the whole world- UN-Habitat. That is APC example. Can you beat that. Lmao
Dude are you serious
Onitsha and Nnewi growing faster than Lagos grin grin grin grin
And Lagos has not changed a bit
Wonders shall never end.

Do you live in a Cage ?
Or are you one of those stuck abroad for lack of papers grin grin grin
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by sunny63(m): 4:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
This is 2010 manifesto when he was d flag bearer 4 PDP.2010 n 2014 is nt dsame,some of d agenda in d manifesto r outdated.pls upgrade

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Isaac Kekemeke Suspended Over Tinubu’s Endorsement In Ondo / Tinubu Announces 3-month Suspension Of Foreign Trips For MDAs, Ministers / Governor Abdulfata Ahmed At The Gym, Working Out With His Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.