Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,918 members, 7,872,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:30 AM

Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra (26961 Views)

Chukwuma Soludo's Manifesto In 2009 When Contested For Governorship Position / List Of Candidates For Anambra 2014 Governorship Election / A Manifesto For APC To Adopt: My Vision For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:52am On Aug 09, 2013
bushwailo:
APGA structures ??
The one that just made up the other day ?
The one with half its members in APC already.
The one that Ngige used to trounce Obi and Dora in their own backyard.
You are the one with no sense at all.

You're probably one of those guys stuck abroad looking for paper.
Why don't you come back and judge reality for yourself.

You people keep mocking Obi for Akunyili's lost; what does that have to do with Obi,other than the fact that they(Obi and Akunyili) belong to the same party ? Moreso,you should know that it was just a senatorial election for Anambra centrral,which was Ngige's biggest stronghold. Idenmili north is the most populated part of Anambra central,this is where Ngige hail from and most of his achievements in his three years as governor were situated in Idenmili,where the Odenigbo himself hail from. Now,how do you expect an unknown figure like Akunyili in Anambra or Idenmili to be precise to beat Ngige,who is like a God there. Akunyili lost was expected and she took it in good faith but remember that Ngige needed A BYE ELECTION to convincingly put her out. With the above details,you should know that Ngige's faith is on the noose,especialy when the contest is for the governorship post,which involve the whole of Omanbala land. This sshit is gonna be a long haul for Ngige.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:57am On Aug 09, 2013
one.east:

Still your shallow opinion.

Before you get heart attack: the land has been secured, surveyed and fenced around Nteje/Aguleri borders by Obi. FG gave Anambra approval to construct International Cargo/Passenger airport, even the prelimnary work has resumed there by Orient Petroleum and their foriegn partners. From ever available stats Anambra International Cargo/Passenger airport will be the Nigeria's busiest airport after Abuja and lagos when completed.

Nwanne,do you really think an airport is our biggest worry,now? There is Asaba and Enugu Int'l airport and I think we should make do with those until it becomes extremely important we must an airport. Asii uche onye adia njo.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Nobody: 4:59am On Aug 09, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Nwanne,do you really think an airport is our biggest worry,now? There is Asaba and Enugu Int'l airport and I think we should make do with those until it becomes extremely important we must an airport. Asii uche onye adia njo.

Spot on! What is needed are good highways to link the big 3 cities of Anambra (Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka) to Enugu and Asaba.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Onlytruth(m): 9:20am On Aug 09, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

You people keep mocking Obi for Akunyili's lost; what does that have to do with Obi,other than the fact that they(Obi and Akunyili) belong to the same party ? Moreso,you should know that it was just a senatorial election for Anambra centrral,which was Ngige's biggest stronghold. Idenmili north is the most populated part of Anambra central,this is where Ngige hail from and most of his achievements in his three years as governor were situated in Idenmili,where the Odenigbo himself hail from. Now,how do you expect an unknown figure like Akunyili in Anambra or Idenmili to be precise to beat Ngige,who is like a God there. Akunyili lost was expected and she took it in good faith but remember that Ngige needed A BYE ELECTION to convincingly put her out. With the above details,you should know that Ngige's faith is on the noose,especialy when the contest is for the governorship post,which involve the whole of Omanbala land. This sshit is gonna be a long haul for Ngige.

Good analysis.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Onlytruth(m): 9:23am On Aug 09, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Odenigbo ife ikwulu bu ife melu eme.
For now, Enugu and Asaba international should be enough. I even suspect that if an ambitious governor takes over in Imo state, he may push for a third international there.

So, Anambra really doesn't need an airport.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by oneeast: 9:44am On Aug 09, 2013
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by oneeast: 9:45am On Aug 09, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

Nwanne we need that airport more than even those that have it. Thank God the wishes of NL does not affect what is on the ground. Orient Petroleum is spearheading it as we speak now. They will fund it 85% while Anambra will make up for the balance, already the land had been provided and compensation paid to the host communities. There is no way a state like Anambra with two major economic cities and now oil and gas economy does not have urgent need for an International Cargo/Passenger airport. Already the construction of the airport has been approved by FG, the land has been surveyed and fenced round.

I will keep posting this to remind some of doubting 'thomas' in our midst that the prelimnary work has taken off at the site.

THERE’S TALK ABOUT AN AIRPORT PROJECT THERE. CAN YOU ELUCIDATE ON THAT?

Yes, there will be an airport. I spoke about Orient Petroleum Resources PLC being a holding company. The holding company has four subsidiaries. One subsidiary is the refining of petro-chemical component which is going to operate the refinery; the second is the one that is about producing oil and gas; that is called the exploration and production subsidiary. Then we have a subsidiary which is gas and power which is supplying gas to Nkalagu cement, to breweries at 9th Mile, and possibly to this SABmiller Brewery in Onitsha. The final one is the infrastructure and services which will look after the airport and other infrastructure like housing and so on which will support the operations of the other three subsidiaries.

So the vision was that Orient will be a vertically integrated company. It derives its own raw materials, sells its products; provides its services. The airport was supposed to provide an outlet for aviation kerosene which is one of the products of the refinery. So planes will land there and load with aviation kerosene. That’s the aviation fuel (ATK). So there will be a pipeline that takes aviation kero there; the aircraft will load and we can be selling aviation kero to Kano International Airport, to Lagos, even to Ghana and other places right from that point. So the airport itself is to provide an outlet for aviation kero and also it will provide a quick source of spares. Let’s say you need something in the refinery, you fly it in. So we do have licence from the federal government to set up an international cargo airport to fly in materials there. This airport is located in about 1,200 hectares of land in Ifite Umuleri. It’s already surveyed and work will start very soon now that we have income from the oil production.

SO HOW SOON DO YOU RECKON THE AIRPORT WILL BE READY?

The airport will be constructed in phases just like the refinery. The first phase will be the runway and the cargo shed. Those ones could be done in 18 months and then the next phase will be the second runway so that it will be like Abuja which is getting the second runway. Lagos already has two runways. So we’re looking far ahead. These runways are of international standard; the ICAO standard (International Civil Aviation Authority).

They’re long enough to take a Boeing 747 cargo. The biggest jumbo jet can land in the airport; that’s why it’s so long; 1,300 hectares and the runway is about 4 kilometres. It’s longer than Enugu and Asaba airports. It’s again futuristic to make sure that in 20 years to come it will still be serving us.

SO IT WILL BE STRICTLY A CARGO AIRPORT AND NOT FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES?

Not quite. The licence is for international cargo and domestic passengers. So you can have passengers who are inside Nigeria. It’s not international passenger; it can’t take off from there and fly to London; no, but I can bring in materials from outside the country and fly materials out of the country; that’s cargo, but the airport itself can operate as a domestic airport. It will have a runway and a terminal building. The one in Enugu is international passenger airport but this one is international cargo.

http://elombah.com/index.php/articles-mainmenu/12391-orient-petroleum-has-come-to-stay
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Onlytruth(m): 10:24am On Aug 09, 2013
Either way, Soludo remains the solution!
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:51am On Aug 09, 2013
one.east:

Nwanne we need that airport more than even those that have it. Thank God the wishes of NL does not affect what is on the ground. Orient Petroleum is spearheading it as we speak now. They will fund it 85% while Anambra will make up for the balance, already the land had been provided and compensation paid to the host communities. There is no way a state like Anambra with two major economic cities and now oil and gas economy does not have urgent need for an International Cargo/Passenger airport. Already the construction of the airport has been approved by FG, the land has been surveyed and fenced round.

I will keep posting this to remind some of doubting 'thomas' in our midst that the prelimnary work has taken off at the site.

Yes, there will be an airport. I spoke about Orient Petroleum Resources PLC being a holding company. The holding company has four subsidiaries. One subsidiary is the refining of petro-chemical component which is going to operate the refinery; the second is the one that is about producing oil and gas; that is called the exploration and production subsidiary. Then we have a subsidiary which is gas and power which is supplying gas to Nkalagu cement, to breweries at 9th Mile, and possibly to this SABmiller Brewery in Onitsha. The final one is the infrastructure and services which will look after the airport and other infrastructure like housing and so on which will support the operations of the other three subsidiaries.

So the vision was that Orient will be a vertically integrated company. It derives its own raw materials, sells its products; provides its services. The airport was supposed to provide an outlet for aviation kerosene which is one of the products of the refinery. So planes will land there and load with aviation kerosene. That’s the aviation fuel (ATK). So there will be a pipeline that takes aviation kero there; the aircraft will load and we can be selling aviation kero to Kano International Airport, to Lagos, even to Ghana and other places right from that point. So the airport itself is to provide an outlet for aviation kero and also it will provide a quick source of spares. Let’s say you need something in the refinery, you fly it in. So we do have licence from the federal government to set up an international cargo airport to fly in materials there. This airport is located in about 1,200 hectares of land in Ifite Umuleri. It’s already surveyed and work will start very soon now that we have income from the oil production.

The airport will be constructed in phases just like the refinery. The first phase will be the runway and the cargo shed. Those ones could be done in 18 months and then the next phase will be the second runway so that it will be like Abuja which is getting the second runway. Lagos already has two runways. So we’re looking far ahead. These runways are of international standard; the ICAO standard (International Civil Aviation Authority).

They’re long enough to take a Boeing 747 cargo. The biggest jumbo jet can land in the airport; that’s why it’s so long; 1,300 hectares and the runway is about 4 kilometres. It’s longer than Enugu and Asaba airports. It’s again futuristic to make sure that in 20 years to come it will still be serving us.

Not quite. The licence is for international cargo and domestic passengers. So you can have passengers who are inside Nigeria. It’s not international passenger; it can’t take off from there and fly to London; no, but I can bring in materials from outside the country and fly materials out of the country; that’s cargo, but the airport itself can operate as a domestic airport. It will have a runway and a terminal building. The one in Enugu is international passenger airport but this one is international cargo.

http://elombah.com/index.php/articles-mainmenu/12391-orient-petroleum-has-come-to-stay

I see, it is like the new Anambra city Soludo makes reference to is situated along the Orient oil field region. Dat will be nice, as a hub for technology. Now i see the reference to Japan and Dubai. Which ever, Onitsha is ripe for its commercial status as the New York of Nigeria. The job prospects in that city is enormous, to be ignored for an oil dependence outlook. The Retail industry is a massive employer of youth.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by oneeast: 10:52am On Aug 09, 2013
Of course Soludo is definitely the next governor. No demon can stop it.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by oneeast: 10:58am On Aug 09, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe:

I see, it is like the new Anambra city Soludo makes reference to is situated along the Orient oil field region. Dat will be nice, as a hub for technology. Now i see the reference to Japan and Dubai. Which ever, Onitsha is ripe for its commercial status as the New York of Nigeria. The job prospects in that city is enormous, to be ignored for an oil dependence outlook. The Retail industry is a massive employer of youth.

That is whole the idea. You cannot achieve that international status without an international cargo/passenger airport in Anambra. Orient Petroleum is bearing most of the cost of the airport project, its strictly on PPP arrangement. Anambra state provided the land and paid the compensation to the host communities. Surveyed and fenced the land and handed it over to the Orient Petroleum for project execution.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by hilary26(m): 5:27pm On Aug 09, 2013
Psychphants.
Odenigbo Aroli: Nna eeh,the manifesto sweet die but I still believe Olisaeloka Obaze is a better choice,more expose,been there and understands Anambra better. Anyway,good luck,nwa Isuofia.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by jpphilips(m): 5:49pm On Aug 10, 2013
Anambra youths will not pay attention to this manifesto, you will see them rallying around Ngige who couldn't sponsor a single bill in two yrs.

when suffering comes, they will remember their gov is not working, btw which sane people voted orji to power?
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by jpphilips(m): 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2013
software man:
AS A NON ANAMBRIAN READING THROUGH THE CONTRIBUTIONS ON THIS THREAD, MY MAIN QUESTION IS HOW DO SOLUDO PLAN TO GENERATE THE FUNDS TO CARRY OUT THIS PROGRAMMES? I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT FOR HIM TO CARRY OUT 10 PERCENT OF THE LAUDABLE PROJECTS HE ENUMERATED HE NEEDS NOTHING LESS THAN 15 BILLION MONTHLY IGR. WHAT ARE SOLUDO PLANS TO INCREASE ANAMBRA'S INTERNALLY GENERATED REVENUE AND WHAT ARE HIS REVENUE TARGETS FOR EACH YEAR OF HIS TENURE. UNLESS I SEE IT, FORGIVE ME, THE MANIFESTO IS JUST PLENTY OF GRAMMAR. TO ME.
AS FOR YOU GUYS, AS FAR AS I CAN SEETHAT YOU ARE EXCITED ABOUT SOLUDO, PLEASE DONT SHY AWAY FROM ASKING THE DIFFICULT QUESTIONS. SENTIMENTS NEVER GETS ANYTHING DONE.
MEANWHILE I WISH SOLUDO THE BEST OF LUCK.

the last time we dared chukwuma Soludo, he shot just one policy that created more jobs in the history of this nation.
if I were you, I rather give honor to the prof for his pedigree and believe he can do it again.
soludo is the Anambra solution,

unless Ngige can explain to us his reasons for sleeping in the Senate for two years.

pedigree counts, soludo with a single policy taught Nigerians that the stock market is a money making venture.

with one policy, one bank opens numerous branches on one street and pays well.

Ngige's pedigree is equally not hidden, he developed idemmilli his village but slept for two years in the Senate at the expense of akunyili.

I think Ngige should step aside and allow soludo a tenure whose performance will make or mar his second comming.

Anambrarians vote wisely

1 Like

Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by FreeGlobe(f): 10:53pm On Aug 10, 2013
one.east:

That is whole the idea. You cannot achieve that international status without an international cargo/passenger airport in Anambra. Orient Petroleum is bearing most of the cost of the airport project, its strictly on PPP arrangement. Anambra state provided the land and paid the compensation to the host communities. Surveyed and fenced the land and handed it over to the Orient Petroleum for project execution.
I totally agree with you. Anybody that says Anambra does not need an airport (cargo/passenger) is a fool. people forget how much revenue the govst can make from such in the long run. So we should lose those revenues to Enugu and Asaba?
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by luvinhubby(m): 12:02am On Aug 11, 2013
Based on the solid framework that Obi has laid in Anambra state, this Soludos manifesto is very achievable.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by MrExcel1: 4:40am On Aug 11, 2013
FreeGlobe:
I totally agree with you. Anybody that says Anambra does not need an airport (cargo/passenger) is a fool. people forget how much revenue the govst can make from such in the long run. So we should lose those revenues to Enugu and Asaba?

Very quick to call revenues but failed to look at the debt, even MMIA receives funding from the govt, like airlines, few airports breakeven with a profit, some can barely do that, some airports around the world can't stand on their own without govt subsidies. Perhaps you will do well to expatiate for us how this mighty revenue will come in.
Re: Soludo's Manifesto For Anambra by Vin32(m): 11:21am On Jul 19, 2021
one.east:

Are you sure you followed this thing up, because what ur saying here is different from what is on grand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

INEC Staff Refund Diezani’s Bribe / Marketers Project ₦‎700/Litre Petrol / Isaac Kekemeke Suspended Over Tinubu’s Endorsement In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.