Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,256 members, 7,880,970 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:08 AM

A Little Advice Needed - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Little Advice Needed (2492 Views)

Advice Needed: His Wife Will Not Allow Him Rest. / My Family Needs Little Advice. / My Little Advice To Young And Married Ladies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Little Advice Needed by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 14, 2013
ileobatojo:

OP, I wouldn't advice you to follow this recommendation because this poster is only going to end up with a pretender who will do anything just to get the ring and will then proceed to unleash the dragon after marriage. His condition is do as I say or else I won't marry you because I'm such a catch. Easy enough! They will do what you say....For now....It is after marriage that you will now find out the true person you married because you forced them to stifle themselves and pretend to be who they are not while dating. No chance in hell this will be sustainable.

OP, be yourself, let her be herself without trying to change her. If you're not compatible, you're not compatible simple and you should move on to find the person who complements you and vice versa. Your gf is a negative person and will lash out to bring others down when things aren't going her way, a horrible trait which speaks to the content of her heart. She considers herself such a catch above your level, you can be sure you will see no respect from her if you marry her.

You are in your twenties, why do you have a time limit to get married in the next 2 yrs? You are putting unnecessary pressure on yourself and that might cause you to settle. I say get rid of that time limit and take your time to ensure you end up with the right person or else like Kanwulia said, you would be a prime candidate for divorce.

Just take your time.
gbam! You have said it all
Re: A Little Advice Needed by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 14, 2013
ileobatojo:

All the best to you as you take over your woman's mind and brain since 'most women' lack these anyway.

My advice is to the OP, follow this route and you may end up with a stranger who's true self may be even worse than the one you have now.
1 million likes
Re: A Little Advice Needed by Codedeben: 6:50pm On Aug 14, 2013
ileobatojo:

OP, I wouldn't advice you to follow this recommendation because this poster is only going to end up with a pretender who will do anything just to get the ring and will then proceed to unleash the dragon after marriage. His condition is do as I say or else I won't marry you because I'm such a catch. Easy enough! They will do what you say....For now....It is after marriage that you will now find out the true person you married because you forced them to stifle themselves and pretend to be who they are not while dating. No chance in hell this will be sustainable.

OP, be yourself, let her be herself without trying to change her. If you're not compatible, you're not compatible simple and you should move on to find the person who complements you and vice versa. Your gf is a negative person and will lash out to bring others down when things aren't going her way, a horrible trait which speaks to the content of her heart. She considers herself such a catch above your level, you can be sure you will see no respect from her if you marry her.

You are in your twenties, why do you have a time limit to get married in the next 2 yrs? You are putting unnecessary pressure on yourself and that might cause you to settle. I say get rid of that time limit and take your time to ensure you end up with the right person or else like Kanwulia said, you would be a prime candidate for divorce.

Just take your time.

You get mouth...
I'm not sure That piano or guitar dude knows what he's talking about. Relationship is that period you get to know each other. You can't achieve that by lording your grandness on your partner. Your partner is suppose to be your BEST FRIEND. I'm not sure that can be the case when she's dead afraid of you cos of your principles. Flexibility is paramount here as against that his crude philosophy.
Re: A Little Advice Needed by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 14, 2013
Re: A Little Advice Needed by UMadara: 6:03am On Aug 15, 2013
yellopawpaw no vex ooo... I had already taken my stance since d replacement crap she said. I don't have power to start replying word for word or trying to look like a saint or perfect. I prefer the silent action approach. den with the last poo she said yesterday abt me being privileged, I just had to laugh it off in the office. I got my ego and sanity to protect biko...

my sending of the link was for her eyes to be open not dat I cld not contain her. infact as I type I dnt see us together no more cuz no right thinking girl will tell me dat men will kill to be with her and u expect me to smile. So no I have balls, but I chose to be patient and see if der cld b a slight improvement to which I have being disappointed after all dat is wat love is all about. Hoping for the best and being patient. am too old fashioned to have a woman follow me and drag pride or ego, I was hard wired and disciplined differently.

So for those who felt I side stepped by sending the link make una no vex oooo... I b una boy ooo... grin
Re: A Little Advice Needed by biolabee(m): 6:42am On Aug 15, 2013
Interesting that she's still talking..privilege n co
Re: A Little Advice Needed by RoyalRoy(m): 8:02am On Aug 15, 2013
biolabee: Interesting that she's still talking..privilege n co

Truely, she aint worth the hassles !
Re: A Little Advice Needed by bellong: 8:17am On Aug 15, 2013
The earlier you identified what you can't stand, the better you do away with her. Always stay far away from any lady full of pride, its an attribute of destruction and will surely ruin marriage.
Re: A Little Advice Needed by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 15, 2013
bellong: The earlier you identified what you can't stand, the better you do away with her. Always stay far away from any lady full of pride, its an attribute of destruction and will surely ruin marriage.

Pride can be positive you know....

Am very full of pride and it has gotten me more than I ever imagined cool.

Even The Lord our God is full of pride.
Re: A Little Advice Needed by bellong: 8:46am On Aug 15, 2013
Chillisauce:
Pride can be positive you know....

Am very full of pride and it has gotten me more than I ever imagined cool.

Even The Lord our God is full of pride.

DO not confuse self esteem with Pride. Pride does nothing in the long run but destruction. The Lord my God hates/despise the proud, he looks them from afar but gives Grace to the HUMBLE...

3 Likes

Re: A Little Advice Needed by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 15, 2013
bellong:

DO not confuse self esteem with Pride. Pride does nothing in the long run but destruction. The Lord my God hates/despise the proud, he looks them from afar but gives Grace to the HUMBLE...

Pride:
n.
1. A sense of one's own proper dignity or value; self-respect.
2. Pleasure or satisfaction taken in an achievement, possession, or association: parental pride.
3. Arrogant or disdainful conduct or treatment; haughtiness.
a. A cause or source of pleasure or satisfaction; the best of a group or class: These soldiers were their country's pride.
b. The most successful or thriving condition; prime: the pride of youth.
5. An excessively high opinion of oneself; conceit.
6. Mettle or spirit in horses.
7. A company of lions. See Synonyms at flock1.
8. A flamboyant or impressive group: a pride of acrobats.

Make your choice , I choose no 1.

Pride is an inwardly directed emotion that carries two common meanings. With a negative connotation, pride refers to an inflated sense of one's personal status or accomplishments, often used synonymously with hubris. With a positive connotation, pride refers to a satisfied sense of attachment toward one's own or another's choices and actions, or toward a whole group of people, and is a product of praise, independent self-reflection, or a fulfilled feeling of belonging.

Like I said, pride can be positive
Re: A Little Advice Needed by bellong: 9:02am On Aug 15, 2013
^^^ I am a very bad student of language including my native language. However, my basic understanding of Noun and Verb is still active grin grin grin.

If my comprehension is still within threshold limit, I want to assume that your definition is for the Noun part of speech while mine centers on the Verb. Dictionary does not always bring out substance from some definition. I still want to hold on to my initial statement that your description of yourself is high self-esteem which does not equate to pride. Pride in verb is a cancer that kills faster than cancerous growth.

Below is a summary of difference between pride and self-esteem in plain language.

1.Pride is defined as a high regard to one’s self worth whereas self-esteem is just synonymous with one’s self worth and is most likely at a very stable level.
2.Pride is considered as an attitude or a vice whereas self-esteem is considered by psychologists to be a type of personal trait.
3.Pride is bad to the point of being regarded as a sin worldwide whereas self-esteem is not usually considered a sin in itself.
4.Self-esteem is the stable ratio of one’s success over failure whereas pride is an overflow of feeling good or right without regard to feeling bad or being wrong.

@Op, sorry for the digression, we are learning from each other cheesy cheesy grin.
Re: A Little Advice Needed by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 15, 2013
Chillisauce is right, whether noun or verb, pride can be good.

Noun: *I am filled with pride for my kids' success*
Verb: *I prided myself in being able to accomplish that difficult task despite all the obstacles*
Re: A Little Advice Needed by bellong: 10:14am On Aug 15, 2013
You are both correct but my position is on the negative pride. I term the positive as self-esteem (Noun) and fulfillment (verb).

Thanks to you two all the same.
Re: A Little Advice Needed by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 15, 2013
U_Madara: yellopawpaw no vex ooo... I had already taken my stance since d replacement crap she said. I don't have power to start replying word for word or trying to look like a saint or perfect. I prefer the silent action approach. den with the last poo she said yesterday abt me being privileged, I just had to laugh it off in the office. I got my ego and sanity to protect biko...

my sending of the link was for her eyes to be open not dat I cld not contain her. infact as I type I dnt see us together no more cuz no right thinking girl will tell me dat men will kill to be with her and u expect me to smile. So no I have balls, but I chose to be patient and see if der cld b a slight improvement to which I have being disappointed after all dat is wat love is all about. Hoping for the best and being patient. am too old fashioned to have a woman follow me and drag pride or ego, I was hard wired and disciplined differently.

So for those who felt I side stepped by sending the link make una no vex oooo... I b una boy ooo... grin
Naw u r talking like a man! Infact my paddy!
We r not wired to lv one person only. So move on. All the best in life.

There r many women out there like her.so full of themselves.But I thank biological clock cos its no respecter of anybody. Most of them miss gr8 men and r/ship bc of pride. So many of them. Towards 40,they will start binding and casting and can marry just anybody leading to a very miserable married life.
Presently I hv one that I don't know how to unhook from my side.
I hv been dodgin and dodgin her. Prayer house is her second home now. But when I was beggin her to come down to reality from her high horse,she saw me as a juu gal.
I wish her d best anyway but I'm tryin to device a means to flee from her.
There is nothing like a humble woman.
Re: A Little Advice Needed by biolabee(m): 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ok.. i choose arrogance to settle this pride dichotomy
Re: A Little Advice Needed by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 15, 2013
In short we have all contributed to the demise of a potential family set up grin grin grin grin OP abeg nor dump the geh o. Just try to manage and understand her temprament cool cool cool
Re: A Little Advice Needed by viruz007(m): 1:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
Guitarlife: In short we have all contributed to the demise of a potential family set up grin grin grin grin OP abeg nor dump the geh o. Just try to manage and understand her temprament cool cool cool

Op no dump the girl ooo...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come / Why Do Some Men Reject Their Wife’s Food When They Are Angry? / For First Time Fathers: How Do You Cope With A Pregnant Woman's Cravings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.