Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,981 members, 7,925,060 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 09:39 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1172) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6113477 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) (1175) ... (2862) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 9:21am On Jun 01, 2017
MiddleDimension:
the sambisa is not a forest. I wonder why we keep calling it a forest. There are no forests in Northern Nigeria; we have them only in the south.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/29/nigeria-sambisa-forest-boko-haram-hideout-kidnapped-school-girls-believed-to-be-held
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 01, 2017
Russia Assures #Nigeria Of Support To Checkmate #BokoHaram worldstagegroup.com/wap/readnews.p…

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 10:21am On Jun 01, 2017
Al Shabaab overtook Boko Haram as Africa’s most deadly terror group in 2016

Waging war from a corner in the Horn of Africa, Al Shabaab has grown to become the most deadly terror group on the continent.
Last year, the group killed more people than any other terrorist sect on the continent, including the deadly Boko Haram. Data collected by Africa Center for Strategic Studies shows Al Shabaab attacks resulted in over 4,00o deaths in 2016.
The Somali terrorist group has become deadly in its operations, relentlessly attacking both civilian and military outposts. In its attempt to topple the weak Somali government, Al Shabaab has specifically carried out deadly attacks in the capital Mogadishu, targeting the presidential palace, the parliament, and supreme court offices. And as the country revives from a two-decade war, the group has staged numerous attacks on hotels, parks, and beachside restaurants—symbols of hope in a country bedeviled by scars of its civil war.
The militant group has also attacked African Union military bases, in one instance overrunning the El Adde camp near the border with Kenya and killing more than 100 Kenyan soldiers. Beyond Somalia, Al Shabaab has also carried out a string of brutal attacks in neighboring Kenya and has set up a recruiting network around the port city of Mombasa, which has a large Muslim population. link https://qz.com/995127/al-shabaab-overtook-boko-haram-as-the-most-deadly-terror-group-in-africa-in-2016/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:39am On Jun 01, 2017
newafricaken254:
Al Shabaab overtook Boko Haram as Africa’s most deadly terror group in 2016

You now have a good attack helicopter. Do you guys have dedicated ISR platforms? If yes, you guys can now start intense offensive with air attack.
The Nigerian airforce has been of huge importance in the war against BHT.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 01, 2017
Henry240:
Nigerian Navy Capability Demonstration.

Part of activities to celebrate this year's navy week.

All this low key behavior, I don't know what the navy achieves from it. undecided
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 01, 2017
UPDF Air Force Su-30

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 12:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
Egyptian Navy Type 209/Mod1400 Submarine S42 Degaussing in Wilhelmshaven Germany 30 05 17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsa16ZkuCnA

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 12:21pm On Jun 01, 2017
tdayof:

You now have a good attack helicopter. Do you guys have dedicated ISR platforms? If yes, you guys can now start intense offensive with air attack.
two ISR planes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by OkinosaVentures: 12:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
@Tdayof.... Good Afternoon bros... I saw your comment on a previous Chinese Student Visa thread, pls I need to ask you some private questions as concerning Visa requirements. Inbox me your mobile number or email address. Thanks

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
Who can guess the branch of the Nigerian armed force and what unit

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Who can guess the branch of the Nigerian armed force and what unit
Air force QRF
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 2:25pm On Jun 01, 2017
The problem with guys like you ass.li.ckers is that you do not reason like people who are mentally sound, you always take my bait and jump into senseless unnecessary attack which to be frank makes me question your mental soundness. You should be wiser. Defending Nigeria inadequacy here on nairaland ferociously doesnt make your life better than mine in real life.

tdayof:

He knows nothing about armament and aircraft. He's just a fanboy. The Nigerian l39 and A-Jets carry have carried out bombardment with bombs over 250kg and he's here saying a trainer can only carry 250KG bombs.

There are more things but it's not just worth it. You can see his list on best fighter jets in Africa.
have you checked the specification of the L39 before responding? because if you have the you wont say this thrash.

This post is the most st.upi.d of all because number 1 it makes no sense just useless blabbing, i was talking about a trainer not being sufficient and you are here mentioning USA, RUSSIA, F-22. Have you EVER EVER see me recommending any jet for the NAF?? The fact is that if you look deep you'll see who the reta.rd,ed disturbed soul is. You make me pity Nigeria more.
SSBN:

Idiot. Ehen, i have been waiting wondering whats taken you so long to start talking crap again. You never dissapoint. E[s]ven if Nigeria flies an F-22 you will find something to complain about. Boko haram taken donkey years you say? Are you boderline retarded or are you feigning ignorance. Has the F--22 and SU-34 flown in Syria by a 65 country NATO coalition and 12 country Arab coalition plus RUSSIA defeated ISIS in Syria and Iraq you idiot? The Boko Haram you are talking about have been largely squashed.[/s] Its 66,000 square kilometre fortress the Sambisa forest is now where the Nigerian army hold shooting competitions and tests it's weapons.

[s]But of course you an ignorant dimwit. Dont expect you to know that[/s].

Now here is what i wrote read it and understand expecially the bolded. If you still see it as an attack against Nigeria then you seriously need to verify your mental stability.

lionel4power:
everything is wrong with a trainer being used in combat roles. its not right it only shows that the air force is unserious with its defense.

At the maximum a trainer can only carry two 250kg bomb with two rocket pods. with that bombload how many aircraft or how many sorties do you think you would need before you put an enemy base out of commission?

NO wonder some country battle insurgents for donkey years because of improper use of systems.

A trainer is A TRAINER irrespective of the bells and whistles.

PS: Check the pictures attached below and see your f0olishness.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 2:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
lionel4power:
[s]The problem with guys like you ass.li.ckers is that you do not reason like people who are mentally sound, you always take my bait and jump into senseless unnecessary attack which to be frank makes me question your mental soundness. You should be wiser. Defending Nigeria inadequacy here on nairaland ferociously doesnt make your life better than mine in real life.

have you checked the specification of the L39 before responding? because if you have the you wont say this thrash.

This post is the most st.upi.d of all because number 1 it makes no sense just useless blabbing, i was talking about a trainer not being sufficient and you are here mentioning USA, RUSSIA, F-22. Have you EVER EVER see me recommending any jet for the NAF?? The fact is that if you look deep you'll see who the reta.rd,ed disturbed soul is. You make me pity Nigeria more.

Now here is what i wrote read it and understand expecially the bolded. If you still see it as an attack against Nigeria then you seriously need to verify your mental stability.

PS: Check the pictures attached below and see your f0olishness.[/s]

Show us real pictures and not some graphic designed shit. Those load will affect the aerodynamic performance of an aircraft.

Here are pictures for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 2:45pm On Jun 01, 2017
tdayof:
Wow. Sweet JESUS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_KnT2yTsLI

Those that know will remember that that tactics the Mi-24 Hind pilot used was developed during the Soviet-Afghanistan war. Due to the Taliban excessive use of US CIA supplied Stinger and Redeye MANPAD the Soviet had to adapt. Its good to see the tactics has not left the Russians. The Afghans then called the Mi-24 Hind pilots Shaitan-Arba or 'satans Chariot' because of this very aggressive aerial maneuver. While the soviet guys called them self the Mandatory Matrosovs after a WWII hero who died to let his squaddies survive.

I love Russia.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 2:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
tdayof:

Its not just Kenya that is in Somalia you know.
Kenyan troops are stretched thin in that sector 2 numbering 3.600.. Look where Eladde is, that's the location Kenyan camps was attacked, that's not even a Kenyan sector under Amisom mandate, Ethiopia has been slowly withdrawing its troops to deal with home issues forcing KDF to stretch its troops futhure in order to protect herself.. This has resulted in having to deploy extra troops that are not part of Amisom inside Somalia.

I think right now what Somali needs the most is massive training of SNA by different countries so that somalians themleves can take over...the pace of traing somali troops is too slow...Amisom should not still be doing protectioning of captured areas, there only mission should be offensive leaving defending to SNA.
All the firepower that KDF is acquiring will only be utilised under sector 2, what about the rest of the sectors?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 3:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
tdayof:

Show us real pictures and not some graphic designed shit. Those load will affect the aerodynamic performance of an aircraft.

Here are pictures for you.
And yet you keep making yourself look more and more d.u.m.b (pardon my french).

No 1) YOUR PICTURE SHOWS TWO ROCKET PODS (Confirming my statement)
No 2) Those other two are just aerodynamic bomb-rack which can only carry four 50kg bomb per wing. (still confirming my earlier statement)

No offence bro but seriously you guys need to take a chill pill on the defender bulls.h.it.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2017
lionel4power:
The problem with guys like you ass.li.ckers is that you do not reason like people who are mentally sound, you always take my bait and jump into senseless unnecessary attack which to be frank makes me question your mental soundness. You should be wiser. Defending Nigeria inadequacy here on nairaland ferociously doesnt make your life better than mine in real life.

PS: Check the pictures attached below and see your f0olishness.
I really feel sorry for you sometimes, you're one of those bipolar people who attack someone and somehow manage to end up being the victim, a contributor to this thread posted pictures of NAF trainers/light attack aircraft with adequate caption and you went on to say he should post it on thesame page as the LNAF Mig23... went on bashing NAF as usual, and now somehow you're the victim ? You've shown this same attitude towards me as well on this thread, my best advise to anyone will be to ignore your rants.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
Kolawole81:
The size and scale ad the Sambisa forest is mind boggling.
That is where effective surveillance comes into play. Our ISR assets should be working overtime to fill those gaps.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2017

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:13pm On Jun 01, 2017
Fidha254:

Its not just Kenya that is in Somalia you know.
Kenyan troops are stretched thin in that sector 2 numbering 3.600.. Look where Eladde is, that's the location Kenyan camps was attacked, that's not even a Kenyan sector under Amisom mandate, Ethiopia has been slowly withdrawing its troops to deal with home issues forcing KDF to stretch its troops futhure in order to protect herself.. This has resulted in having to deploy extra troops that are not part of Amisom inside Somalia.

I think right now what Somali needs the most is massive training of SNA by different countries so that somalians themleves can take over...the pace of traing somali troops is too slow...Amisom should not still be doing protectioning of captured areas, there only mission should be offensive leaving defending to SNA.
All the firepower that KDF is acquiring will only be utilised under sector 2, what about the rest of the sectors?
UGANDA= SU30
ETHIOPIA= SU27

Has any of these countries used her power in somalia?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 3:17pm On Jun 01, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

I really feel sorry for you sometimes, you're one of those bipolar people who attack someone and somehow manage to end up being the victim, a contributor to this thread posted pictures of NAF trainers/light attack aircraft with adequate caption and you went on to say he should post it on thesame page as the LNAF Mig23... went on bashing NAF as usual, and now somehow you're the victim ? You've shown this same attitude towards me as well on this thread, my best advise to anyone will be to ignore your rants.

No you are seriously missing the point. Its not about victim or otherwise its about me posting my OWN opinion and some people taking it as offence against Nigeria. Go back and re read how it started again. Well am very happy to show some people their errors in judgement.

here is my initial post:

lionel4power:
somebody posted Libyan Mig-23 being fitted with bombs while somebody else thought it would be okay to post Nigerian L39 trainer being fitted with bombs too ON THE SAME PAGE.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN IT ALL.

and here is somebody reply:
You always seem to be lost and totally out of sync with reality.

No wonder Henry always comes on you hard.

and here is another:

Idiot. Ehen, i have been waiting wondering whats taken you so long to start talking crap again. You never dissapoint. Even if Nigeria flies an F-22 you will find something to complain about. Boko haram taken donkey years you say? Are you boderline slow or are you feigning ignorance.

so you see yet again you make another silly mistake.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:22pm On Jun 01, 2017
lionel4power:

And yet you keep making yourself look more and more d.u.m.b (pardon my french).

No 1) YOUR PICTURE SHOWS TWO ROCKET PODS (Confirming my statement)
No 2) Those other two are just aerodynamic bomb-rack which can only carry four 50kg bomb per wing. (still confirming my earlier statement)

No offence bro but seriously you guys need to take a chill pill on the defender bulls.h.it.
You are the one who is not wise here. The F15 carries two pylons each too EXCLUDING RACK. The Alpha jet can carry 2500kg worth of bombs on all five hardpoints.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
lionel4power:

No you are seriously missing the point. Its not about victim or otherwise its about me posting my OWN opinion and some people taking it as offence against Nigeria. Go back and re read how it started again. Well am very happy to show some people their errors in judgement.

here is my initial post:

lionel4power:
somebody posted Libyan Mig-23 being fitted with bombs while somebody else thought it would be okay to post Nigerian L39 trainer being fitted with bombs too ON THE SAME PAGE.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN IT ALL.

and here is somebody reply:
You always seem to be lost and totally out of sync with reality.

No wonder Henry always comes on you hard.

and here is another:

Idiot. Ehen, i have been waiting wondering whats taken you so long to start talking crap again. You never dissapoint. Even if Nigeria flies an F-22 you will find something to complain about. Boko haram taken donkey years you say? Are you boderline slow or are you feigning ignorance.

so you see yet again you make another silly mistake.
I have no problem with your criticizing NAF,
What does this statement mean ?

"somebody posted Libyan Mig-23 being fitted with bombs while somebody else thought it would be okay to post Nigerian L39 trainer being fitted with bombs too ON THE SAME PAGE."

You can't justify this one to be honest, you were wrong and you started it. So stop acting like you're being picked on.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 3:50pm On Jun 01, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

I have no problem with your criticizing NAF,
What does this statement mean ?

"somebody posted Libyan Mig-23 being fitted with bombs while somebody else thought it would be okay to post Nigerian L39 trainer being fitted with bombs too ON THE SAME PAGE."

You can't justify this one to be honest, you were wrong and you started it. So stop acting like you're being picked on.
it doesnt make it an attack on NAF? There was also an Algerian L39 on the same page that doesnt mean i was attacking Algerian Air Force too. It was just an observation.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 4:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
tdayof:

You are the one who is not wise here. The F15 carries two pylons each too EXCLUDING RACK. The Alpha jet can carry 2500kg worth of bombs on all five hardpoints.
no 1) the F-15 is on another class on its own and in no way related to our discussuion.
no 2) The Alpha jet can carry about 2500kg of external payload which includes drop tank. a drop tank can weigh about 450L or 359kg. Alpha jet can either carry two droptank plus two rocket pod or two 250kg bomb plus two rocket pod all must not exceed 2500kg.

But it can NEVER carry droptank, bombs and rocket pod at the same time.. The picture below would explain better.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:01pm On Jun 01, 2017
When bokoharam hear you say it is just a trainer.

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2017
tdayof:
When bokoharam hear you say it is just a trainer.
lol... but Its still a trainer bro.

why i keep saying a trainer is a trainer is simply because for instance if NAF would want to raid BHT Camp Zero ... before ground troops move in 12 alpha jets will not be enough to completely decimate the terrorists or their infrastructure. That means the Alphas will have to bomb, go back home reload, fly across and bomb again , go back home, reload, fly again, bomb and so on.... at the end of the day the total cost of the whole sortie will be astronomical. its not effective.

Am not saying the NAF isnt doing a good job but Alpha jet and F7 is just too ineffective for this type of warfare.

When you attack am enemy camp its usually best you destroy it at one or two waves which will take them by surprise before you know it Shock and AWE effect will take place and Psychological damage alone will win the war.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2017
lionel4power:

no 1) the F-15 is on another class on its own and in no way related to our discussuion.
no 20 The Alpha jet can carry about 2500kg of external payload which includes drop tank. a drop tank can weigh about 450L drop tank with 359kg. Alpha jet can either carry two droptank plus two rocket pod or two 250kg bomb plus two rocket pod.

But it can NEVER carry droptank, bombs and rocket pod at the same time.. The picture below would explain better.
Common, NAF doesn't need to carry a drop tank every time. Drop tanks depends on the mission profile. All hardpoints will be fitted with Bombs when you need to strike a target 10 minutes away.
There is a video on NAF page where a single alpha jet and F-7 struck BHT location. The A-jet started with bombs then rocket. This means you don't know what you are saying.
The A jet obviously went airborne with 2 bombs and 2 rocket pods.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 4:16pm On Jun 01, 2017
tdayof:

Common, NAF doesn't need to carry a drop tank every time. Drop tanks depends on the mission profile. All hardpoints will be fitted with Bombs when you need to strike a target 10 minutes away.
There is a video on NAF page where a single alpha jet and F-7 struck BHT location. The A-jet started with bombs then rocket. This means you don't know what you are saying.
The A jet obviously went airborne with 2 bombs and 2 rocket pods.

you still havent understand my point. the Alpha jet can only carry two 250kg bombs and two rocket pods or two droptank and two rocket pod or at the extreme one droptank, two 250kg bombs and two rocket but it wont exceed 2500kg.

by the way a 250KG bomb doesnt have much destructive power.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 4:25pm On Jun 01, 2017
Army isnt my thing give me Air Force anyday....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) (1175) ... (2862) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.