Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,410 members, 7,901,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:58 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6085636 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) ... (2860) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 27, 2017
rka2:

The below future NAF plans is culled from the current Air Forces Monthly:

Just goes to show how much the previous CASs deviated from the plans.
That's the thing, we have never lacked grand plans. I mean, take a look at the Navy's plan, you can see we are not joking either.

I guess, we would have to wait and see how things proceed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 4:12pm On Oct 27, 2017
HISTORY23000:

Don't waste your time on the nigerian "military" it has no futuure except as a proxy force for foreign powers. The nigerian "military" is nothing but a mercenary unit at the service of foreign powers who controle the state of the unit.
This document which you are quoting is irrelevent, go to london and see the real thing there.
p

Bro, this is a military thread and not the politics section.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 4:14pm On Oct 27, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

How do you get ambushed while “keeping a low profile”?
They walked right into a trap.

Bad intelligence
Underestimated their enemy

This guy always defending the U.S undecided
that nigerien soldier said,they usually go to that area,very heavily armed and with a lot of soldiers,basically when they realised this recce patrol team was with a few guys and lightly armed,they realised this was opportune time to attack them (considering that recce spent almost 24 hour on that area)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by newafricaken254: 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Bad intelligence

they were keeping a low profile that even a village elder approached them to stall them grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2017
newafricaken254:
they were keeping a low profile that even a village elder approached them to stall them grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 27, 2017
Nigerian Air Force

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2017
Algerian Army

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 27, 2017
HISTORY23000:
I probably know more about any military force on earth than you.
nigeria has no military.
I think the usa police could defeat the nigerian so called military in an all out war.
why u acting so childishly? ? undecided

When does Nigeria problems become urs? ?
At least I am a Nigerian and am happy...

I guess u should revisit the thread headlines before showcasing ur ignorance here angry

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:43pm On Oct 27, 2017
HISTORY23000:
I guess buhari wants to be the only terrorist in town. That is why he if fighting against his brothers who share his beliefs.
I remember buhari saying with pride: "I will negotiate with boko haram". I wondered why and then I remembered that a section of the nigerian oligarchy warned america to not identify boko haram as terrorists. And to the best of my knowledge buhari was part of that oligarchy, as he stated: "fighting against boko haram is injustice to the north". I still remember when buhari and his brothers in the north were clamouring for amnesty for boko haram. All this while boko haram was only targetting christians. The buhari clic turned on boko haram when it started targetting some sunni muslim who opposed radicalism. That is their only bone of contention.
Henry240 please...

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:45pm On Oct 27, 2017
HISTORY23000:
nigeria has no military.
I think the usa police could defeat the nigerian so called military in an all out war.
I get your urge to impress your ancestors . Please take your foolishness elsewhere

Thanks as you comply

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:50pm On Oct 27, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Bad intelligence

grin I believe you would be wowed soon grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by medic555(m): 5:13pm On Oct 27, 2017
HISTORY23000:

Don't waste your time on the nigerian "military" it has no futuure except as a proxy force for foreign powers. The nigerian "military" is nothing but a mercenary unit at the service of foreign powers who controle the state of the unit.
This document which you are quoting is irrelevent, go to london and see the real thing there.
that is one thing we are far from being cos if we were why do dey antagonize our defense forces at d slightest oppurtunity
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 5:21pm On Oct 27, 2017
HISTORY23000:
nigeria has no military.

Why don't u educate me then o great one with worldwide military knowledge? tongue
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 5:34pm On Oct 27, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by medic555(m): 5:47pm On Oct 27, 2017
i can bet history2300 has no real military knowledge asides secular ignoramus comments he hears

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 27, 2017
gottfried21:
27 October 2017: His Excellency Dr. Hage Geingob, President of the Republic of Namibia and Commander In Chief of the Namibian Defence Force commissioned the two Offshore Patrol Vessels: Namibian Ship Daures and Namibian Ship Brukaros into the Namibian Navy at the Naval Base Captain (N) PN Sacharia in Walvis Bay.

The two vessels are Chinese-built and are named after Namibia's heritage. Daures is a local name for the Brandberg fire mountain, while Brukkaros is a large extinct volcano in a form of a ring mountain in //Karas Region.#MODNamibia

Well done cousins! I look forward to the day you participate in Exercise IBSAMAR, not as observers as you've done, but as full participants with your own vessels! cool cool cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rka2: 5:51pm On Oct 27, 2017
NAF

1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ViceAdmirlAgain: 5:56pm On Oct 27, 2017
gottfried21:
27 October 2017: His Excellency Dr. Hage Geingob, President of the Republic of Namibia and Commander In Chief of the Namibian Defence Force commissioned the two Offshore Patrol Vessels: Namibian Ship Daures and Namibian Ship Brukaros into the Namibian Navy at the Naval Base Captain (N) PN Sacharia in Walvis Bay.

The two vessels are Chinese-built and are named after Namibia's heritage. Daures is a local name for the Brandberg fire mountain, while Brukkaros is a large extinct volcano in a form of a ring mountain in //Karas Region.#MODNamibia

Are they keeping the Oryx in service or decommissioning her?

Pics: The 2 new CO's

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nganduh: 5:59pm On Oct 27, 2017
nemesis4u:

what about the possibility that it is not a requirement for them , present or in future or they will be installed during MLU

flight certification for IFR is still pending , if that feature is not pressing for the customer, then why let it hold up the production when it can be included during MLU if needed.

Myanmar does not have mid air refuellers , buddy refueling is still not an option for FC1 till now but everything can be included during MLU if these r available and desired

IMO its a smart decision , they went by their needs/requirements/capabilities and the option always exists grin

I agree that Myanmar are getting something better than Block 1 and customised and that it does not have IFR does not mean it is not Block 2. The 1st 28 Block II had not IFR.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patented: 6:20pm On Oct 27, 2017
there is a certain class of people that we should just ognore to oblivion.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 27, 2017
patches689:

Why is it that we often see our guys with the blue BPV's and troopies from other nations wear their normal cammo BPV's or battle-jackets?

Obviously here and there you see guys in our standard issue BPV's, but it seems that the majority of our guys wear the blue the majority of the time.

Allways wondered about this.

Sometimes depends how strict the RSM is. For example, all officers are issued strict orders to ensure their troopers abide by UN uniform guidelines at all times, as this counts at the end of the mission when the UN has to re-imburse us.

Sometimes it depends on role: Recces never wear them; the Parabat company who sometimes accompany them on reconnaissance patrol don't wear UN blue. Ordinary infantry out on foot patrols or backing up the FARDC are expected to wear UN blue unless a RSM with no stick up his arse determines it's not a good idea when going into an area where people will shoot you.

Countries like Malawi and Tanzania pay their troops and spend on their militaries far below the UN base standard, so UN duty is a money earner for them. The guidelines aren't the same as those countries qualifying for full re-imbursement.

On a good note: it seems DefMin has succeeded in convincing National Treasury that the UN re-imbursement should no longer go to the General Revenue Fund, but back to DoD. It was insane that DoD funds an external deployment for 2 years, strives to meet the 80% availability of everything at all times as demanded by the UN, and when the UN re-imburses at the end of that mission, the funds disappear into the Revenue Fund pool.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 27, 2017
don't waste your time with trolls , and fake accounts ( opened his account just today to troll) , just report wink

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:04pm On Oct 27, 2017
thank you @Algerian1

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) ... (2860) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.