Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,918 members, 7,872,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6047060 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) (1471) ... (2857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:58am On Oct 28, 2017
Algerian1:

I never understood this principle of freedom to carry weapons , thats why USA and sout africa have this high numbers of murders , in Algeria if a policeman in street control find on you a blade that is more than four fingers long, you risk 3 month jail . so a gun, it's direct terrorism and adios amigo grin ,

Because when "the people" are armed - the government can never be tyrannical. Their constitution was written by former rebels who had learnt the hard way why the citizenry should be armed.

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

The right to bear arms has found consistent ideological support amongst the left and right wings of politics as well

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; Any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"
- Karl Marx

Think about it: If Black South Africans had the right to bear arms, would Apartheid have been possible? Or if the Tutsi had the right to bear arms, would the Rawandan Genocide have been possible?

We could go on making examples ad infintum

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 4:48am On Oct 28, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Who ever replaces Buhari might retire this current CAS or just would not be able to offer the same amount of support to NAF.
Anyways it’s official we are spending close to 600 million on the COIN airplanes grin
so the terrorist have won already. It's just so depressing
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 5:42am On Oct 28, 2017
Algerian1:

I never understood this principle of freedom to carry weapons , thats why USA and sout africa have this high numbers of murders , in Algeria if a policeman in street control find on you a blade that is more than four fingers long, you risk 3 month jail . so a gun, it's direct terrorism and adios amigo grin ,

Of course, you can't get a gun license unless you're a bad guy and you're required to keep the weapon in a certain manner and you're never allowed to discharge it (even when you're drunk in a bar and losing a sporting argument) wink . The murders happen because the criminals have illegal guns (via poor border control) and the law-respecting citizens are not armed, mostly.

Our gun laws are stricter than those of the US, it's an offense even for a policeman to discharge a gun at a civilian unless he has a history of being very violent. In fact, I've seen a policeman being attacked by a mob of unhappy people, all he did was run for his life with a pistol on his thigh, never discharged it.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:48am On Oct 28, 2017
iblawi:
Henry240 come and see o

We are expecting some aircrafts and more have been approved also. This can only be JF17 thunder while the new approval might be Tucano, mig29/35 and Yak_130.
It seems like i have turned into a pessimist as regards this topic.

We are expecting some aircrafts (MI-35m, Yahbon Flash 20 UAV, Super Mushe Mushe), and more have been approved 12 units of Super Tucano.

Let's be realistic.

Don't worry, i'm running for President in 2019, when i get elected, i buy you what ever you want. Rafale, SU-35S, J-10C............. Write down the list and do me a mail. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 5:57am On Oct 28, 2017
Henry240:

We are expecting some aircrafts (MI-35m, Yahbon Flash 20 UAV, Super Mushe Mushe), and more have been approved 12 units of Super Tucano.

Let's be realistic.

Don't worry, i'm running for President in 2019, when i get elected, i buy you what ever you want. Rafale, SU-35S, J-10C............. Write down the list and do me a mail. cheesy cheesy
Su30/Su34, MI35, MI 28
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:03am On Oct 28, 2017
Zambian L-15

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:04am On Oct 28, 2017
LTGEN:

Su30/Su34, MI35, MI 28
grin grin

Is this all you need Sir, no EW aircraft?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:05am On Oct 28, 2017
Panhard AML

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:08am On Oct 28, 2017
Nigerian Air Force vehicles

Improvised Armoured Personnel Carriers for the Nigerian Air Force.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:11am On Oct 28, 2017
Beautiful shot

Nigerian Navy

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 28, 2017
Built for the Nigerian Air Force

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:51am On Oct 28, 2017
frumentius:

I'm wary of passing judgement until the full story emerges. Remember Seleka claims of 40 Saffers killed?
What I've been told is that the Yanks operated with outdated intelligence, just like we did in Bangui. Other accounts I've heard say they pursued a few rebels on motor-cycles who gapped it across the border to Mali. These then came back with re-inforcements and ambushed them on their way out of Tongo-Tongo village.

But yes, it sounds like that patrol was criminally under-armed. The first shots of the Battle of Bangui involved a somewhat similar L-shaped ambush on 2 Land Cruisers with extra ammo trailers and 2 Hornets with MLRS trailers of the Recces. Difference being Hornet is far heavier armed even while carrying 8 men. 30 Recces so armed were able to fight their way out of that ambush by an estimated 200 rebels.

A dozen Recces on only the Land Cruisers would not. And that's what the Yanks had to contend with.

The more crucial question for me is why it took an hour into the fire-fight before they radioed the French for CAS, especially as they knew it'd take the frogs another hour to reach them.

Possible that they did not have a direct line to the French. They had to call HQ, HQ then calls the HQ in Mali who then call the nearest QRF for the mission in Mali who then scramble. The guys on the ground may of wanted support long before that but it was delayed.

Same thing happened in Somalia US forces need support from the UN forces who where not told told of the mission there for where not ready. I would not be supprised one bit if the French had zero heads up and there was no direct line. Hell maybe the US HQ had to look up the number for the Mali HQ.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 7:26am On Oct 28, 2017
Henry240:

Let's be realistic.

Let's be realistic here. He didn't say we are expecting drones. Super mushak cannot be deployed to fight boko haram and his statement was "helicopters and aircrafts", which means something different from helicopter is expected.

For the new approval, the Minister of defence said the last time he was in Russia that Nigeria was interested in MiG and yak_130. Super tucano need no approval anymore and the funding is not coming from Abuja but looted fund already in the US.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 28, 2017
Namibian Navy "new" Corvettes.

Both ships were completely refurbished before transfer to the Namibian navy.

The two submarine chasers, Brukkaros and Daures, boast surface and undersurface targets attacking capabilities.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:14am On Oct 28, 2017
Henry240:
Namibian Navy "new" Corvettes.

Both ships were completely refurbished before transfer to the Namibian navy.

The two submarine chasers, Brukkaros and Daures, boast surface and undersurface targets attacking capabilities.

Namibians, you still cousins with us - right? grin

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 28, 2017
Moroccan army

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:26am On Oct 28, 2017
Throwback, the launch of the South African spy satellite in Russia 2014.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 28, 2017
Nigerian Armed Forces Special Forces underwater training

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQQvrBSXnqc

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 28, 2017
iblawi:

Let's be realistic here. He didn't say we are expecting drones. Super mushak cannot be deployed to fight boko haram and his statement was "helicopters and aircrafts", which means something different from helicopter is expected.

For the new US.
Is a Drone not an aircraft?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 28, 2017
Nigerian Police

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:35am On Oct 28, 2017
Henry240:
Nigerian Air Force vehicles

Improvised Armoured Personnel Carriers for the Nigerian Air Force.
when will the army begin to field the IVM G-12 vehicles
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 28, 2017
ActivateKruger:
Throwback, the launch of the South African spy satellite in Russia 2014.

what resolution it have ? found for Kondor-E , resolution 1 to 3 metres ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 28, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Of course, you can't get a gun license unless you're a bad guy and you're required to keep the weapon in a certain manner and you're never allowed to discharge it (even when you're drunk in a bar and losing a sporting argument) wink . The murders happen because the criminals have illegal guns (via poor border control) and the law-respecting citizens are not armed, mostly.

Our gun laws are stricter than those of the US, it's an offense even for a policeman to discharge a gun at a civilian unless he has a history of being very violent. In fact, I've seen a policeman being attacked by a mob of unhappy people, all he did was run for his life with a pistol on his thigh, never discharged it.

This is in south Africa?

What do you mean by bad guy? Plus whats the point of getting it if you are not allowed to ever discharge it even if it's to ward off threat or put down a threat?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 28, 2017
can we list the african surveillance satellites (civilian and military) :

Nigeria NigeriaSat-2 and NigeriaSat-X (2011) with 2,5 m resolution
Sout africa with Kondor-E (2014) with 1 to 3 m resolution
Algeria with Asat-2A (2010) resolution of 2,5 m and Alsat 2-b (2016) with also resolution of 2,5 m
Morocco will lanch this 8 november Pléiade d’EADS Astrium satellite with 50 cm resolution, for 500 M€
Egypt with EgyptSat-2 (2014) 1 m resolution (reports about it fall from its orbit in 2015)

any others ?

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 10:55am On Oct 28, 2017
Algerian1:
can we list the african surveillance satellites (civilian and military) :

Nigeria NigeriaSat-2 and NigeriaSat-X (2011) with 2,5 m resolution
Sout africa with Kondor-E (2014) with 1 to 3 m resolution
Algeria with Asat-2A (2010) resolution of 2,5 m and Alsat 2-b (2016) with also resolution of 2,5 m
Morocco will lanch this 8 november Pléiade d’EADS Astrium satellite with 50 cm resolution, for 500 M€
Egypt with EgyptSat-2 (2014) 1 m resolution (reports about it fall from its orbit in 2015)

any others ?
NigeriaSat-1 has a 32 m resolution and it's solely used for ground mapping for disaster management.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:57am On Oct 28, 2017
Algerian1:

what resolution it have ? found for Kondor-E , resolution 1 to 3 metres ?
Yes, that's the Kondor-E

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 11:11am On Oct 28, 2017
Henry240:

Is a Drone not an aircraft?
There is no known flash Yahbon 20 with attack capability today except Nigeria's order is special.

We have received 2 Mi-35M, 5 super mushak and another 5 expected, Yahbon flash 20 is also expected according to chief of Air Staff. Why must the JF17 thunder's case be different from others deliveries expected from the 2017 budget?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 11:25am On Oct 28, 2017
Blackfyre:

This is in south Africa?

What do you mean by bad guy? Plus whats the point of getting it if you are not allowed to ever discharge it even if it's to ward off threat or put down a threat?

You're not allowed to discharge unless the threat is fatal. In that fatal case (eg someone has a knife) you're to give a warning shot, if he continues to charge then you're only allowed to shoot to disable him. In cases where it's a house break, you can actually get away with killing the perpetrator even if he wasn't armed on some technical grounds, but you'll still appear in court.

In cases where a perpetrator has already discharged his own gun, you're allowed to fully defend yourself with yours if you get the chance. However, in a case where Police enter a shootout scene, they're not allowed to shoot at anyone holding a gun without first identifying themselves as Police and let you know to lower yours or throw it on the ground (because in a shootout, there's a perpetrator and a victim so you have to establish that first before you shoot).

So technical, I can punch a Policeman, throw some stones at him or even burn his service vehicle BUT he'll not charge his service weapon.... I'll just be arrested later and get charged for assaulting him and burning his vehicle instead.

During random street searches, he's never allowed to pull out a weapon at a suspect, he can only keep his right hand on it while it's still on his hip. Rifles should always point downwards the ground.

Our policing gun laws are similar to the Brits' than they are to the Yanks'.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 28, 2017
algerian republican gard , this picture was taken by Dimitri Medevetev him self during the visit to Algeirs

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 28, 2017
ActivateKruger:

You're not allowed to discharge unless the threat is fatal. In that fatal case (eg someone has a knife) you're to give a warning shot, if he continues to charge then you're only allowed to shoot to disable him. In cases where it's a house break, you can actually get away with killing the perpetrator even if he wasn't armed on some technical grounds, but you'll still appear in court.

In cases where a perpetrator has already discharged his own gun, you're allowed to fully defend yourself with yours if you get the chance. However, in a case where Police enter a shootout scene, they're not allowed to shoot at anyone holding a gun without first identifying themselves as Police and let you know to lower yours or throw it on the ground (because in a shootout, there's a perpetrator and a victim so you have to establish that first before you shoot).

So technical, I can punch a Policeman, throw some stones at him or even burn his service vehicle BUT he'll not charge his service weapon.... I'll just be arrested later and get charged for assaulting him and burning his vehicle instead.

During random street searches, he's never allowed to pull out a weapon at me, he can only keep his right hand on it while it's still on his hip. Rifles should always point downwards the ground.

Our policing gun laws are similar to the Brits' than they are to the Yanks'.

Oh this is very enlightening. South Africa is definitely miles ahead of Nigeria.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 11:57am On Oct 28, 2017
Blackfyre:

Oh this is very enlightening. South Africa is definitely miles ahead of Nigeria.

Make no mistake bro, police brutality still occurs.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 12:05pm On Oct 28, 2017
[center][/center]
Blackfyre:

It seems you don't know you can get a license in Nigeria too. Mostly short guns though.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) (1469) (1470) (1471) ... (2857) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.