Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,261 members, 7,887,750 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:17 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6066435 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2427) (2428) (2429) (2430) (2431) (2432) (2433) ... (2858) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 28, 2021
EMW01:
KDF training their future enemies.

Reminiscent of the 2009 -2010 period when kenya trained 000s of Somali troops who would later alshabaab

the levels of trust here are so low
each had his own supervisor standing within disarming distance
i bet there was an off camera marksman with his scope on the trainees

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by dragon2(m): 3:59pm On Nov 28, 2021
kabe1:

This report has since been debunked by both the Ugandan government and the Chinese government.

Chinese loans are no traps. The US government also owes china more than 1 Trillion dollars in loans.

Hence the statement "If true".
Concerning the U.S. It's a completely different story if you print the money in the world's most powerful and productive country. The pieces are on your table.
You can't really owe somebody money you print,and you can sanction that money back into your coffers trump style.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
dragon2:

Hence the statement "If true".
Concerning the U.S. It's a completely different story if you print the money in the world's most powerful and productive country. The pieces are on your table.
You can't really owe somebody money you print,and you can sanction that money back into your coffers trump style.

You already concluded it was a "Chinese debt honey trap".

On the US, your comment is false. The US cannot print money whenever it feels like, that's not how fiscal and monetary policy works.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by dragon2(m): 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2021
kabe1:

On the US, your comment is false. The US cannot print money whenever it feels like, that's not how fiscal and monetary policy works.
Never head of QE, quantitative easing? Fancy way of printing cash out of thin air without actually printing physical cash. Devalues a currency. Everybody suffers but the most productive nation remains and you lose the value of your credit. It's a stick the U.S. could use.
Very large low interest rate debts to financially unproductive and reckless states with money of which very little stays in the state I would classify as a debt trap.

Borrowing money to a successful business man is good business for both. Borrowing to a drunkard and serial gambler with large assets is to set up a trap for him.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
dragon2:

Never head of QE, quantitative easing? Fancy way of printing cash out of thin air without actually printing physical cash. Devalues a currency. Everybody suffers but the most productive nation remains and you lose the value of your credit. It's a stick the U.S. could use.
Very large low interest rate debts to financially unproductive and reckless states with money of which very little stays in the state I would classify as a debt trap.

Borrowing money to a successful business man is good business for both. Borrowing to a drunkard and serial gambler with large assets is to set up a trap for him.

None of which is the case with Uganda.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by dragon2(m): 4:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
kabe1:

None of which is the case with Uganda.
Very well then
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:36pm On Nov 28, 2021
dragon2:

Very well then

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by dragon2(m): 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2021

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by shadowprimezero: 5:21pm On Nov 28, 2021
SANDF Mozambique

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2021

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by EMW01: 8:06pm On Nov 28, 2021
Stargate254:
Yeah, I thought about it too when I saw the pictures. But the 2009 move was a cluster fvck, , there was no structure, we just trained ppl and send them back. But this time there is a legitimate govt with its own structures and has been fighting the enemy for some time now.
And what choice does KDF have. If you listened to the CDF of KDF interview on how the recent maritime ruling by ICJ will affect KDF operations and relations in Somalia going forward .. you could deduce that his thinking was right now Alkebab is the real and current enemy ...
It's better to deal with an aggressive but legitimate and conventional state/nation than ragtag militia that will use any means necessary to achieve their goals including targeting civilians.

I would think it would be the other way round. By its very nature of been an extremist organization alshabaab is unlikely to gain much external support and thus is limited to controlling somali territory and staging terror attacks against civilians. This is a credible but not existential threat. An aggressive legitimate somali government is able to get external support. For example in case of any future clash it may obtain military support ( e.g drones from Turkey) that may give it a military edge. Majority Muslim countries would also likely rally behind and provide covert or overt military support.

This is just my opinion but we are making a terrible mistake in terms of our threat assessment. Any counter terrorism operations by "occupational forces" have largely failed world over ( cc. Afghanistan, Vietnam). We should gradually pull out and let SNA do the bulk of the fighting and dying.

I would propose that KDF in future be limited to providing a robust border defence and mobile ground and air forces that can preemptively destroy any concentrations of militants at least 100km from our border. But other than that let the SNA deal with alshabaab, prolonged occupation is unlikely to ever result in success.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GabrielYulaw(m): 8:40pm On Nov 28, 2021
EMW01:

I would think it would be the other way round. By its very nature of been an extremist organization alshabaab is unlikely to gain much external support and thus is limited to controlling somali territory and staging terror attacks against civilians. This is a credible but not existential threat. An aggressive legitimate somali government is able to get external support. For example in case of any future clash it may obtain military support ( e.g drones from Turkey) that may give it a military edge. Majority Muslim countries would also likely rally behind and provide covert or overt military support.

This is just my opinion but we are making a terrible mistake in terms of our threat assessment. Any counter terrorism operations by "occupational forces" have largely failed world over ( cc. Afghanistan, Vietnam). We should gradually pull out and let SNA do the bulk of the fighting and dying.

I would propose that KDF in future be limited to providing a robust border defence and mobile ground and air forces that can preemptively destroy any concentrations of militants at least 100km from our border. But other than that let the SNA deal with alshabaab, prolonged occupation is unlikely to ever result in success.

Plus prolonged occupation is what a piece of sh1t like Al Shabab needs to persuade people to join its ranks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by RiceProducers: 10:33pm On Nov 28, 2021
SuperSixSeven:

A very unhealty development.

This means Uganda is slack at collecting revenue. This problem should not be viewed with a one track mind. You should be collecting at least 20% of your GDP as revenue. For Uganda this should be $6bn every year

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fachfouch: 2:43am On Nov 29, 2021
Tunisian national guard special forces USGN

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 9:03am On Nov 29, 2021
EMW01:

And isn't that's why they train the SNA to make sure that they can effectively deal with Alshabaab instead of KDF just leaving without a plan and have alshabaab retake the country in a matter of a few months Afghan style?

You should also remember that Alshabaab started venturing into Kenya long b4 KDF entered Somalia, and back then their justification was that we are "An ally of the Zionists" and we wanted to be spared, we had to renouse our support. What's to stop them from coming back strong and trumping up some other reason to still attack Kenya after we leave abruptly without properly preparing SNA and the civilian govt to properly take over.

I know a strong Somalia could become a thorn in the flesh for Kenya in the future but the alternative of having a breeding ground for terrorism in our backyard lingering indefinitely is in my opinion much worse than an indefinite maritime border dispute. And if the dispute ever leads to conflict (God forbid) it will most likely happen at the scene of the crime i.e within the disputed territory. And if Somali acquires anything that gives them an edge, that will just trigger an arms race.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:21am On Nov 29, 2021
shadowprimezero:
SANDF Mozambique
This is DRC. There's no UN mission in Moz.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:25am On Nov 29, 2021
Meanwhile, in Mozambique...

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:25am On Nov 29, 2021
...last.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 9:29am On Nov 29, 2021
RiceProducers:

This means Uganda is slack at collecting revenue. This problem should not be viewed with a one track mind. You should be collecting at least 20% of your GDP as revenue. For Uganda this should be $6bn every year
Countries that are agrarian based with not much value addition have a hard time quantifying and collecting taxes. Unlike other economies that are industrial and service based.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:01am On Nov 29, 2021
kabe1:

And all the ensuing words, all because of a fake story.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by RiceProducers: 10:33am On Nov 29, 2021
Stargate254:
Countries that are agrarian based with not much value addition have a hard time quantifying and collecting taxes. Unlike other economies that are industrial and service based.
Governments should buy all produce and distribute. That way, you don't mix out on revenues.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 10:38am On Nov 29, 2021
Meanwhile in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hennynitan(m): 11:06am On Nov 29, 2021
Toju200:
Meanwhile in Nigeria
Not everyone can enjoy seeing such gruesome pics. Why post charred bodies

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:44pm On Nov 29, 2021
Vice President of Nigeria Professor Yemi Osibanjo (GCON) visits Nigeria's most modern Locally built warship, SDB 3 ahead of Launch.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:46pm On Nov 29, 2021
The bridge of SDB 3 is modern and features an advanced Simrad radar control station amongst other state of the art equipment.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 12:54pm On Nov 29, 2021
Seaward Defence Boat 3 (P275) is a 45 meters vessel which is capable of patrolling Nigeria's entire EEZ.

Her modern silhouette allows the vessel better handling of rough seas, faster mission interdiction and longer time at sea.

Seaward Defence Boat 3 is armed with a 30mm RCWS, 2 X 12.7mm Gun Stations and a 40mm Grenade launcher Gun.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2021
kabe1:
Vice President of Nigeria Professor Yemi Osibanjo (GCON) visits Nigeria's most modern Locally built warship, SDB 3 ahead of Launch.
I have a high opinion about Yemi Osibanjo, he represents Nigeria better than Buhari who has been seen rarely outside of Aso Rock for a year or so.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 2:47pm On Nov 29, 2021
kabe1:
Will be interesting if they can publish challenges during the process of construction such as materials, machinery at al (local outsourcing)
and make it possible for private companies to invest and make the next construction smoother and quicker.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2021
SuperSixSeven:

I have a high opinion about Yemi Osibanjo, he represents Nigeria better than Buhari who has been seen rarely outside of Aso Rock for a year or so.

He was in Owerri, Imo state in the last 3 months. Although i see your point.

P.S.... let's try to remove politics from this thread.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 4:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
BlackBaron:

Will be interesting if they can publish challenges during the process of construction such as materials, machinery at al (local outsourcing)
and make it possible for private companies to invest and make the next construction smoother and quicker.

I agree with this. I think this knowledge should be transferable to private shipyards in the country.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Mzal3ndo(m): 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2021
RiceProducers:

You know I was thinking about this the other day and it kinda came and struck me a bit. For this lets take Tanzania as a case study. The GDP ppp of Tanzania in 2019 was $150B. If Tanzania was effective at collecting taxes she should be collecting at least $30B per year. Also taking account that 40% of the Tanzanian economy is informal (unregistered and unregulated) her true GDP ppp figure should be something like $210B in 2019.
So what can she and the rest of the continent do for better tax collecting? Going fully digital and ditching paper money for Transactions. And with my rough estimation this could be a game changer for a lot of countries. I did a rough number analysis of the public transportation in Dar es salaam. About 4M people use public transport in Dar es salaam, with Tsh.800 as the go and return fare on average, is the state had a complete digital payment system, also collecting 30% of the total revenue (1USD=Tsh.2300 average) the state could be collecting close to $150M per year in revenue.
The average cost of building a tarmacked road in Tanzania is $500K and Dar es salaam having approximately 600km of unpaved road, they could have enough money to pave all roads in 2 years. Imagine if we did this in every sector of the economy, with good money managment Africa could have better infrastructure at 0 debt compared to first world countries.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2021
Mzal3ndo:

You know I was thinking about this the other day and it kinda came and struck me a bit. For this lets take Tanzania as a case study. The GDP ppp of Tanzania in 2019 was $150B. If Tanzania was effective at collecting taxes she should be collecting at least $30B per year. Also taking account that 40% of the Tanzanian economy is informal (unregistered and unregulated) her true GDP ppp figure should be something like $210B in 2019.
So what can she and the rest of the continent do for better tax collecting? Going fully digital and ditching paper money for Transactions. And with my rough estimation this could be a game changer for a lot of countries. I did a rough number analysis of the public transportation in Dar es salaam. About 4M people use public transport in Dar es salaam, with Tsh.800 as the go and return fare on average, is the state had a complete digital payment system, also collecting 30% of the total revenue (1USD=Tsh.2300 average) the state could be collecting close to $150M per year in revenue.
The average cost of building a tarmacked road in Tanzania is $500K and Dar es salaam having approximately 600km of unpaved road, they could have enough money to pave all roads in 2 years. Imagine if we did this in every sector of the economy, with good money managment Africa could have better infrastructure at 0 debt compared to first world countries.

If people are not used to paying taxes getting them to start would be very hard. If done wrong it can cause conflict

(1) (2) (3) ... (2427) (2428) (2429) (2430) (2431) (2432) (2433) ... (2858) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.