Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,951 members, 7,915,786 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 10:29 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6101347 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2455) (2456) (2457) (2458) (2459) (2460) (2461) ... (2861) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 2:10pm On Feb 22, 2022
Lurker4Long:

I think the 5 referred to these 2 plus the 3 deployed in DRC.
We were being told only 4 flying.
aren't 2 deployed in Moz as well?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:29pm On Feb 22, 2022
jl115:
aren't 2 deployed in Moz as well?
No. Or maybe not yet?
We've only got the 2 Oryx in Moz.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 2:33pm On Feb 22, 2022
I'm NIgerian .....and i would prefer the Rooivalks to any Western attack chopper....If i was President i'll go into an agreement with the builders and ensure that it becomes the official attack helo for Nigeria

GreenandGold:

Are these Rooivalks? How did they get here? It must be juju grin

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 2:39pm On Feb 22, 2022
kenpaul0:
I'm NIgerian .....and i would prefer the Rooivalks to any Western attack chopper....If i was President i'll go into an agreement with the builders and ensure that it becomes the official attack helo for Nigeria

when our special friend sees this he will freak out grin but as good as the Rooivalk is Denel unfortunately is in despair!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by IGpro1(m): 5:25pm On Feb 22, 2022
jl115:
when our special friend sees this he will freak out grin but as good as the Rooivalk is Denel unfortunately is in despair!
grin why should anyone freak out.
Rooivalk was supposed to be an African pride,
But Denel killed that dream, and your Govt is almost done burying it.
It's rugged
Somewhat reliable,having not heard of any,crashing in recents times.
South Africa is being managed poorly and if something isn't done your defence industry would be just making bullets for your guns.

Though most of your equipment had massive foreign support systems, by now your country should have been 70% self sufficient.

And then the AU would have been a good booster to Denel, like showcasing those weapons during their meetings, rather than then discussing Israel or China.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:41pm On Feb 22, 2022
I hope this gets sorted out quickly:

Nigerian forces kill children in airstrike over border in Niger, official says

NIAMEY, Feb 20 (Reuters) - The Nigerian military has killed and wounded children in an airstrike in neighbouring Niger, a local governor in Niger, state television and an aid agency said on Sunday, although Nigeria's armed forces said they were still investigating.

He did not say how he knew that Nigerian forces carried out the attack. Niger's state television also said it was carried out by Nigerian forces, without providing evidence.

"As a matter of policy, the Nigerian Air Force does not make any incursions into areas outside Nigeria's territorial boundaries. That's our policy," Major General Jimmy Akpor, Nigeria's Director of Defence Information, said. He said an investigation was underway.

https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/nigerian-forces-kill-children-airstrike-over-border-niger-official-says-2022-02-20/

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 6:56pm On Feb 22, 2022
kenpaul0:

That's why you aren't the President.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:29pm On Feb 22, 2022
Nigerian Air Force JF-17 armed with laser guided bombs and Aselpod targeting pod.

13 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:36pm On Feb 22, 2022
kabe1:
Nigerian Air Force JF-17 armed with laser guided bombs and Aselpod targeting pod.
looks like these guys have been targeting iswap

I remember being told the thunders operate from the markudi base for ops in maid

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 8:15pm On Feb 22, 2022
kabe1:

Booooooom...... smiley

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 12:13am On Feb 23, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

hah ! LMAO grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 9:32am On Feb 23, 2022
IGpro1:
grin why should anyone freak out.
Rooivalk was supposed to be an African pride,
But Denel killed that dream, and your Govt is almost done burying it.
It's rugged
Somewhat reliable,having not heard of any,crashing in recents times.
South Africa is being managed poorly and if something isn't done your defence industry would be just making bullets for your guns.

Though most of your equipment had massive foreign support systems, by now your country should have been 70% self sufficient.

And then the AU would have been a good booster to Denel, like showcasing those weapons during their meetings, rather than then discussing Israel or China.
Let me correct you on a few points.

1. South Africa is one of the top arms exporters in the world....Denel is but one company out of hundreds....even without Denel we still in the top 20 easily... So nothing about our actual defence industry is dying.

2. You obviously don't know what OEM means... If you did then you won't be blabbering on about "massive foreign support systems".... The majority of our equipment especially our land forces are 100% South African made..even the likes of the Rooivalk and Oryx are local since Denel is the official OEM for these aircraft meaning every single nut and bolt is locally manufactured.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:45am On Feb 23, 2022
Armed Forced Day 2022 on Monday, Nelspruit - Mpumalanga

I simply can't get over the fact that I was out of town when this happened. cry cry cry

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:45pm On Feb 23, 2022
South African Navy MMIPV

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:21pm On Feb 23, 2022
Today, in Simonstown. Navy divers doing their thing, and my goodness, SAS Sekhukhune is a thing of beauty!

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 2:39pm On Feb 23, 2022
And that is why the black man's mind is still that of a slave!!!
Stormtrooper11:

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 4:25pm On Feb 23, 2022
kenpaul0:

[s]And that is why the black man's mind is still that of a slave!!![/s]
Very stupid thing to say.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 4:35pm On Feb 23, 2022
coming from a stupid fellow it is ok by me
Xbee007:

Very stupid thing to say.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:03pm On Feb 23, 2022
LTGEN:

hah ! LMAO grin
grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:05pm On Feb 23, 2022
kenpaul0:

How's it related? undecided

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by IGpro1(m): 11:35pm On Feb 23, 2022
kenpaul0:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kenpaul0: 7:49am On Feb 24, 2022
Thanks for being civil. The "hate" between Nigeria and SA is holding back the partnership which these two countries need to forge to bring Africa to limelight. If you turn the African map to the side it looks like a gun with Nigeria being the trigger and SA the muzzle. These two countries need to work together in every area from Telecoms to Banking to Military. We should have all types of pact...economic, industrial etc. Now back to the matter at hand...rather than "waste" money buying from the Ruskies or the Yankees(and their younger siblings) we should assist Denel to open another production unit in Nigeria...have a TOT which will help speed up our growing aviation industry. This would be a win win for both Countries and foster closer ties. The helo is a capable one and can be further improved upon...Nigeria is fighting a war and this helo can be used and based on combat information new additions can be made which would definetely help further design of this helo......It is an African thing and we should be proud of it. My 20 cents......If i was President that is the route i would take.

Stormtrooper11:

How's it related? undecided

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 7:50am On Feb 24, 2022
Guys remember someone on this group asked what's the probability of Russia invading Ukraine ?
And I answered it's a 50/50 event outcome but it's happening already. There movement of Russian troops into Ukraine territory and explosions. Ukraine president just declared a state of emergency.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 8:16am On Feb 24, 2022
bidexiii:
Guys remember someone on this group asked what's the probability of Russia invading Ukraine ?
And I answered it's a 50/50 event outcome but it's happening already. There movement of Russian troops into Ukraine territory and explosions. Ukraine president just declared a state of emergency.
"not invading"..... Just peacekeeping!!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 8:21am On Feb 24, 2022
kenpaul0:

Ghanian, I could be sworn you are not Nigerian... There was a time when we had fun of Ghana's exo skeletons, if I remembered correctly, u were the most pained person then

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 8:23am On Feb 24, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

cheesy cheesy wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:28am On Feb 24, 2022
Why is Russia attacking Ukraine?

Anyone following this operation keenly enough to help break down the reasons for this military invasion?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 8:29am On Feb 24, 2022
jl115:
"not invading"..... Just peacekeeping!!! grin grin grin
A script from U.S's playbook cheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GeneralFarouq: 8:33am On Feb 24, 2022
kabe1:

Anyone following this operation keenly enough to help break down the reasons for this military invasion?
Russia says it trying to protect the two breakaway states; Donetsk and Lugansk from planned Ukrainian aggression, and of course destroy the weapons the allies gave to Kiev to fight Russia...
Ukraine yrs back signed an agreement to let the breakaway states have their govt, but recently they sought NATOs help to take back these regions.
But the non apparent intention is beyond that in my opinion... I feel it has to do in with NATO moving closer to Russia's border... Ukraine invited NATO to establish bases within their territory, so Russia may be using this opportunity to tell Ukrainians, we have teeth and can bite.
I see, China taking an idea from this and go weapons hot on Taiwan...

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:36am On Feb 24, 2022
kenpaul0:
Thanks for being civil. The "hate" between Nigeria and SA is holding back the partnership which these two countries need to forge to bring Africa to limelight. If you turn the African map to the side it looks like a gun with Nigeria being the trigger and SA the muzzle. These two countries need to work together in every area from Telecoms to Banking to Military. We should have all types of pact...economic, industrial etc. Now back to the matter at hand...rather than "waste" money buying from the Ruskies or the Yankees(and their younger siblings) we should assist Denel to open another production unit in Nigeria...have a TOT which will help speed up our growing aviation industry. This would be a win win for both Countries and foster closer ties. The helo is a capable one and can be further improved upon...Nigeria is fighting a war and this helo can be used and based on combat information new additions can be made which would definetely help further design of this helo......It is an African thing and we should be proud of it. My 20 cents......If i was President that is the route i would take.

Nigeria doesn't need South Africa to reach its potential. South Africa needs Nigeria tho. South Africa's population is approximately 60 million. Every 10 years, Nigeria's population increases by 60 million. Yes, you heard me. MTN, DSTV, Shoprite, their biggest market is Nigeria. A Nigeria-Egypt partnership would be more valuable to both countries than one with South Africa.
What does this Rooivalks offer? What do they bring to the table that we can't get from present airframes?
A Nigerian partnership with Turkey on production of T-129s is more viable than one with South Africa. These South Africans have less than 14 of these Rooivalks. You can't even manufacture alotta of the choppers, you aren't even being positioned to export the choppers, but you wanna do a partnership with Nigeria?? Things aren't done that way.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:45am On Feb 24, 2022
kabe1:

Chief, the Cuban 1961 missile crisis comes to mind. If Ukraine is allowed to join NATO today, the possibility of the United States having military bases in Ukraine is 90%. Kiev is approximately 800km from the Russian border. That's a threat to the Russian Federation existence.
We all know the US. They don't mind their business. They like poking into the internal affairs of nations of the world. If the US is in Ukraine, it will be only be a matter of time before the US starts sponsoring movements to topple the Russian government and destroy the Russian state as we know it. The likes of Navalny will spring up in Moscow. Russia will then be ruled by puppets. In that stage, war will be unavoidable.

The Americans are hypocrites. E.g.They cannot let allow Mexico join something like a Warsaw pact or allow the Mexicans to be Pro-Russian but they want Ukraine to join NATO in the name of "Freedom". The Cuban missile crisis showed us that. Russia has to invade because it's threatened.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 8:47am On Feb 24, 2022
Seems Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan is in Moscow. That's really abnormal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2455) (2456) (2457) (2458) (2459) (2460) (2461) ... (2861) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.