Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,835 members, 7,886,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:17 AM

FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala (44813 Views)

Ignore ASUU’s Demands, NASU, NAAT, SSANU Tell FG / ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike / FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by benchilovsky(m): 9:27am On Aug 14, 2013
After the increment,will they stop coming to class two weeks before exam?abegi..no work,no pay!.#sometimes i score 7 goals in a match pretending that am ASUU.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 14, 2013
is she okay? how will FG be able to pay the money they spend it on medical & recreational trips abroad... she must be mhadd!! u guys should better find a solution to this oooooo..... i am tired of wallowing away. Rabbish!!!
Heffalump:

Your mouth will perish in hell with your soul for your very poor articulation and bad understanding. How many university lecturers in other African universities (not US, Canada, & UK)are hand-twisting the arms of their Government like the ASUU of Nigeria? Am not against the demands for their welfare, but what has been the impact on the standard of education as a result of previous settlements? Things have gone from bad to worst! The truth of the matter is that these lecturers are actually seeking to fill their pockets and not the interest of our educational system. You can't give what you don't have! Many of ASUU members are below average. Period.
I keep mentioning it, our universities and tertiary education will do well without ASUU, ASUP, & SSANU.....name them. They have crippled and murdered tertiary education in Nigeria and it's better we proceed without them.

you are truly am imbec*le... Ghana our neighbors budget 32% of its yearly budget to education so tell me why they will go on strike when they have more than enough to run their educational system. know what u say ooooo...... and i want to be believe didnt attend university that why.....Haboki!

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by sydneyboss(m): 9:39am On Aug 14, 2013
ASUU own too is too much, i thought they were after the university
growth not after money, 92billion naira for only allowances is too much,
what are they teaching? come to class and give handouts and the next
meeting will be exam period where students mostly pass by cheating...
ASUU should consider their own stand and that of nigerian students.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by bollyrossy: 9:40am On Aug 14, 2013
U end strike or u know end am, unilag students are in da hostel enjoyin demselves.. Kofo ademola hall here I come...
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by sojnaija(m): 9:40am On Aug 14, 2013
UNILORIN =Better by far!
maybe other student-oriented schools shud disengage from ASUU.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by tonyot(m): 9:43am On Aug 14, 2013
Osgilliat: Restructuring finances my ass..while your entire family graduated from harvard. A bill should be passed to restrict all this politician children from schooling abroad and home base private universities, I bet they will not only throw chairs at such person but also kill him. Bunch of b.i.t.c.h.e.s. spit on thread and walk away.
did her children attend harvard now dat she is minister?
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by pitar40(m): 9:44am On Aug 14, 2013
demelza:
So up till now you still dey dull? Thank God your eyes don open
Lol.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by bollyrossy: 9:46am On Aug 14, 2013
soj-naija:
UNILORIN =Better by far!
maybe other student-oriented schools shud disengage from ASUU.
unilag abeg learn from unilorin..

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Iaz93: 9:48am On Aug 14, 2013
Heffalump:

Your mouth will perish in hell with your soul for your very poor articulation and bad understanding. How many university lecturers in other African universities (not US, Canada, & UK)are hand-twisting the arms of their Government like the ASUU of Nigeria? Am not against the demands for their welfare, but what has been the impact on the standard of education as a result of previous settlements? Things have gone from bad to worst! The truth of the matter is that these lecturers are actually seeking to fill their pockets and not the interest of our educational system. You can't give what you don't have! Many of ASUU members are below average. Period.
I keep mentioning it, our universities and tertiary education will do well without ASUU, ASUP, & SSANU.....name them. They have crippled and murdered tertiary education in Nigeria and it's better we proceed without them.
You're already in hell, Nigga. Bas.tard!!! cool cheesy
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by dekins: 10:03am On Aug 14, 2013
The same story again!Na wa for this country o.There are two solutions to Nigeria problems.Spiritually we need God's intervention but physico-socio- economically we need revolution!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by mosello(m): 10:09am On Aug 14, 2013
nawa º°˚˚°º
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by RozayGambino: 10:10am On Aug 14, 2013
i heard Rivers state university is not on this strike too. is dat correct? can someone confirm dis pls?
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by DEGREE2466(m): 10:12am On Aug 14, 2013
zibi2:

GEJ has said it all

please MOD if you can do us favour by not bringing any news about ASUU strike to front page if not that the stike has been called off!!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by kutchs: 10:13am On Aug 14, 2013
Afrobasic: week 7 fa.... only in Nigeria
Australian or English season? Abeg how many draws dem play make I no wetin I go stake for week 8?
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 14, 2013
Kwasu,unilorin.......hahahahahah

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by michealade(m): 10:15am On Aug 14, 2013
RedBenson: If i say "God Pu" u say "nish" and another say "Nigeria". Lols, what did u expect from a failed nation? Make una go siddon for house dey continue with una random masturbation jare! Remember, u might not get time again for masturbation when ASUU calls off strike. Pm me if u need vaseline!
kids dis days r so dumb...aw u take join nairaland!dumbazz
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Jessicavizzy(f): 10:27am On Aug 14, 2013
RozayGambino: i heard Rivers state university is not on this strike too. is dat correct? can someone confirm dis pls?
Yes dats True*The rejected stone has now bcome d chiefcornerstone*
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by michealade(m): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2013
For heaven sake,wats NANS againstudent union widaut common brain!all dey knw is to call demsleves comrades.mtcheew
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Eneze1(f): 10:35am On Aug 14, 2013
kingviny: F.G, you are the manager of our national patrimony. Please demand these from ASUU:-

1. Their members should stop the selling of handouts, they should make video DVDs of their lectures to serve as a supplementary learning aids for their students.

2. Each lecturer should have a blog (with threads) like that of Nairaland for him/her to interact with his/her students with for supplementary and effective communication (online Q&A sessions).

3. Lecturers should stop seeing themselves as demi-gods but as friends and parents to students. That all sadists and bad teachers (poor teaching skills) among them should be given Jonathan's booth.

4. All exam results must come out within 2 weeks after the completion of all exams so that students can know their results on time and be able to plan better for the next semester.

5. Graduates must get their certificates on their convocation day.

6. That examination should be re-designed to evaluate student's understanding of the course (application) and not student's ability to COPY & PASTE crammed definitions. Each lecturer should prepare a synoptic summary of his/ course which should then contain all the definitions and summary of what he/she wants to teach to aid students in the mastery of his/her course.

7. Productivity Allowance should only be paid to lecturers with 70% pass rate i.e 70% of his/her students must pass (C-pass) his/her course on merit based on effective teaching. Greatness lies in simplicity. If a lecturer has not mastered his/her subject to the extent that he/she is able to effectively teach it, then he/she is not fit to be employed in the system.

IF ASUU CAN FULFILL ALL THESE 7-POINT AGENDA, F.G, PLEASE DOUBLE THEIR SALARIES. IF THEY CAN'T , F.G PLEASE REDUCE THEIR SALARIES BY 50% AND LET THE LAW OF DEMAND AND SUPPLY BRING YOU ANOTHER SET OF WORK FORCE . THEY ARE SHORT CHANGING YOU (POOR SERVICE)!

STUDENTS DESERVE THE BEST. THE 7-POINT AGENDA IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE AND ASUU DOES NOT NEED BILLIONS TO DO THE ABOVE, THEY ALREADY HAVE THE TOOLS FOR THESE WITHIN THE SYSTEM.

IF ASUU WANTS THEIR MEMBERS TO BE PAID LIKE THEIR COUNTERPARTS ABROAD, THEN THEY SHOULD ALSO DEMAND OF THEIR MEMBERS TO WORK LIKE THEIR COUNTERPARTS ABROAD.

ASUU, YOU CAN DO BETTER.

I MISS MY UNISA (University of South Africa), THE 7-POINT AGENDA ABOVE IS A PIECE OF CAKE TO THEM.

well said, if its possible will give you more than one like, let ASUU follow this then FG can increase their allowance. shikena

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by lymelyte(m): 11:00am On Aug 14, 2013
Na so so meeting them they hold. They should come and tell these students the real outcome and nitty gritty of their stupid meeting. These students have taken to various odd and nefarious ways of life.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by phillip001(m): 11:20am On Aug 14, 2013
this woman na mumu
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by alex1612: 11:42am On Aug 14, 2013
But they can meet their own prodigal spending's. Monkey dey work Babble dey chop am. Who be Monkey and who be babble?
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Ifebazz(m): 11:52am On Aug 14, 2013
But FG can definitely meet up with the jumbo allowances of the "ogas at the top" right? Okonjo & co we don't need statistics in Nigeria, we need reality & action. They speak more volumes than all your term papers.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by ceeceeco: 11:55am On Aug 14, 2013
Thank God i'm a graduate.cheesy
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by gideonjeta(m): 12:01pm On Aug 14, 2013
Take advantage of the strike and learn a skill that will help You in the future! My two cents to the strike issue!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by kokosheen(m): 12:02pm On Aug 14, 2013
Soso990240: hello...62billion and 62million no be d same.moreover,i dont blame Jonathan ,obasanjo made d agreement with ASUU and abandoned it.

Please, how old are you? OBJ made agreement in 2009

Kindly pass the blunt, it must be very good cool
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Adet5(m): 12:20pm On Aug 14, 2013
ceeceeco: Thank God i'm a graduate.cheesy
congratulation. we will also graduate one day. if we did not fight this battle now ur children wil also suffer from it wen they enter university.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by onahc(m): 12:23pm On Aug 14, 2013
Greedy ASUU. This selfish, greedy, lazy and unrepentant union should be tamed. mctheeeeeeeeeeeeew cry cry
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by dmcdad: 12:39pm On Aug 14, 2013
Cherish20: I thought i read something about FG releasing 90bn already in order to meet ASUU demand. What all these stories again? Me don tire 4 house o! I don dey even forget d names of my lecturers and coursemates
Your own better na... some people don even forget their matric numbers sef
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by cmonek(m): 12:58pm On Aug 14, 2013
kingviny: F.G, you are the manager of our national patrimony. Please demand these from ASUU:-

1. Their members should stop the selling of handouts, they should make video DVDs of their lectures to serve as a supplementary learning aids for their students.

2. Each lecturer should have a blog (with threads) like that of Nairaland for him/her to interact with his/her students with for supplementary and effective communication (online Q&A sessions).

3. Lecturers should stop seeing themselves as demi-gods but as friends and parents to students. That all sadists and bad teachers (poor teaching skills) among them should be given Jonathan's booth.

4. All exam results must come out within 2 weeks after the completion of all exams so that students can know their results on time and be able to plan better for the next semester.

5. Graduates must get their certificates on their convocation day.

6. That examination should be re-designed to evaluate student's understanding of the course (application) and not student's ability to COPY & PASTE crammed definitions. Each lecturer should prepare a synoptic summary of his/ course which should then contain all the definitions and summary of what he/she wants to teach to aid students in the mastery of his/her course.

7. Productivity Allowance should only be paid to lecturers with 70% pass rate i.e 70% of his/her students must pass (C-pass) his/her course on merit based on effective teaching. Greatness lies in simplicity. If a lecturer has not mastered his/her subject to the extent that he/she is able to effectively teach it, then he/she is not fit to be employed in the system.

IF ASUU CAN FULFILL ALL THESE 7-POINT AGENDA, F.G, PLEASE DOUBLE THEIR SALARIES. IF THEY CAN'T , F.G PLEASE REDUCE THEIR SALARIES BY 50% AND LET THE LAW OF DEMAND AND SUPPLY BRING YOU ANOTHER SET OF WORK FORCE . THEY ARE SHORT CHANGING YOU (POOR SERVICE)!

STUDENTS DESERVE THE BEST. THE 7-POINT AGENDA IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE AND ASUU DOES NOT NEED BILLIONS TO DO THE ABOVE, THEY ALREADY HAVE THE TOOLS FOR THESE WITHIN THE SYSTEM.

IF ASUU WANTS THEIR MEMBERS TO BE PAID LIKE THEIR COUNTERPARTS ABROAD, THEN THEY SHOULD ALSO DEMAND OF THEIR MEMBERS TO WORK LIKE THEIR COUNTERPARTS ABROAD.

ASUU, YOU CAN DO BETTER.

I MISS MY UNISA (University of South Africa), THE 7-POINT AGENDA ABOVE IS A PIECE OF CAKE TO THEM.
I just wish the Nigeria Education Ministry would borrow a leaf from this write up and act on the borrowed sound ideas. This will makebring something good and new to the education system in Nigeria
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by GJames(m): 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
Breaking news:ASUU FINALLY SUSPENDS STRIKE...After a crucial meeting held this morning,the national president of the academic staff union of universities,(ASUU) Dr fagge said that the federal govt and the union have finally reached a compromise and the strike will be suspended sequel to the fact that their demands have been met by the FG.He urged students to go back to their various schools and start work,and also lamented that the lecturers should not teach the students until kano pillers wins UEFA champions league and when dealah of gurusloaded.com is ready to contest for the president of the federal republic of nigeria.In his statement,he said that,students should go and learn hand work and leave ASUU alone to continue their season film...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria / 15 Pictures That Will Make Sense To Anyone Who Attended FUTO / FG Sacks 13 University Vice-Chancellors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.