Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,570 members, 7,941,165 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 06:48 PM

Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial (10356 Views)

Prof. Osinbajo Pledges To God Not To Steal Public Funds If Elected / Reps Want Quarterly Allowances Increased To N35M / Prophet Obadare Never Saw Bimbo Odukoya In Hell ---- Pastor Paul Obadare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by veraponpo(m): 12:26pm On Aug 14, 2013
Brokenbars: Dats a waste if u ask me. Nigeria use millions 4 everything yet most of us are strugling to make ends meet. 35million is enof to set up a memorial in his name in Osun to benefit d citizens rather than slaughtering cows and sharing can drinks.

Pls take your time to read well before commenting. The import of this is to boost tourism.... simple.
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 14, 2013
Afam4eva: Someone just told me that he was also instrumental to the creation of Osun state. If that's the case coupled with the fact that he was a former Osun Governor, i think no amount is too much to give him a befitting burial.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by veraponpo(m): 12:31pm On Aug 14, 2013
lordgideon: Why are people criticizing ogben....State of Osun Governor Rauf Aregbesola has approved N5 million for the funeral of Prophet Timothy Oluwole Obadare, founder of the World Soul-winning Evangelical Mission (WOSEM not N35m, I heard that in the News while the commissioner was given is address In a statement, Commissioner for Finance, Economic Planning and Budget Dr. Wale Bolorunduro said the money was in appreciation of the late preacher’s contributions to the state, Nigeria and the world.
Beside during the regime of Obasanjo one of his minister then by name Sunday Afolabi embezzled the country national ID Card money, When the man died Federal government spent Over N50m Naira for his funeral ceremony.
To crowned it all how much is N5m Naira to spend for the funeral ceremony of man of God

Thank you for the elucidation... even if it is N35m, it is not too much for a man that brought such honour to Osun State. How many of such people can Nigeria produce let alone Osun State. Are you sure Nigeria or Ogun State can produce another Wole Soyinka?
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Afam4eva(m): 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2013
veraponpo:

Thank you for the elucidation... even if it is N35m, it is not too much for a man that brought such honour to Osun State. How many of such people can Nigeria produce let alone Osun State. Are you sure Nigeria or Ogun State can produce another Wole Soyinka?
Thanks Jare. Nothing is too much for him considering what he has contributted to the state of Osun. His church headquarters is even in Osogbo. Infact, i think Osun should budget 200 million for his burial. The state owes him that much.
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Okijajuju1(m): 12:40pm On Aug 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
Thanks Jare. Nothing is too much for him considering what he has contributted to the state of Osun. His church headquarters is even in Osogbo. Infact, i think Osun should budget 200 million for his burial. The state owes him that much.

I agree..

Even throw in a week long Funeral celebration and mark this date with a statewide public holiday yearly..
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Afam4eva(m): 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2013
Okija_juju:

I agree..

Even throw in a week long Funeral celebration and mark this date with a statewide public holiday yearly..
Gbam
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Ajibam: 12:45pm On Aug 14, 2013
I am a c.a.c member,,but notwithstanding,this is rong,,,if u ar to honour d dead!!what of the afflicted still living...am nt happy wit Dese..bt dat dosent gv u guys. D opportunity to make jest of d man,,lik dat scoundrel calling him formal governor is rong,,,the sin against the holyspirit is unforgivn,,,watch ur loose tongue...IGNORAMUS
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by EmperorSeal(m): 12:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
I'm not a supporter of Arebesola, but I boldly commend him on this.......the late Obadare was not just a man of God but a prophet in those hand God worked signs and wonders, he brought fame to his state and nurtured a very large congregation in his blind condition. His church "CAC" is actually the most populous yoruba church that I know, he was blind but read the bible fluently, he was decent and moderate in his doings. That man deserves our respect even in death and not what I'm seeing here........I'm sure we all remembered how billions was spent burying the late tinubu's mother and celebrating his birthday too, much more money was also expended burying that late Chinua Achebe, is it because most of us are turning atheist?........ Make una wake up abeg
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Okijajuju1(m): 12:49pm On Aug 14, 2013
Ajibam: I am a c.a.c member,,but notwithstanding,this is rong,,,if u ar to honour d dead!!what of the afflicted still living...am nt happy wit Dese..bt dat dosent gv u guys. D opportunity to make jest of d man,,lik dat scoundrel calling him formal governor is rong,,,the sin against the holyspirit is unforgivn,,,watch ur loose tongue...IGNORAMUS

Obadare was a former Governor not former Holy Spirit... #Ignoramus.
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by blackbeau1(f): 12:51pm On Aug 14, 2013
35 million for a burial? It could feed half of the state.Jesus.what impact will the burial make on the economy of the people?
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by doncaster(m): 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
black_beau: 35 million for a burial? It could feed half of the state. Jesus.what impact will the burial make on the economy of the people?
He will be praying for them after the burial which will GUARANTEE bumper harvest for osun weed and ganja. so the gov is right. All sw gov should bring their own contribution. if not that GEJ is enermy of sw he should have named University of Ibadan as OBADARE UNIVERSITY IBADAN.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by farem: 1:02pm On Aug 14, 2013
Afam4eva: I think this is in order since Obadare was also the former governor of Osun state before becoming a pastor? I'm i right?
[color=#990000]
INTELLIGENCE ILLITERACY!
LAME STUPIDITY!
He was the Osun Governor in 1806 AD.
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by farem: 1:08pm On Aug 14, 2013
Prophet Obadare was arguably the FIRST SUCCESSFUL TELEVANGELIST IN NIGERIA.
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Gbawe: 1:27pm On Aug 14, 2013
taharqa: I just dey laugh. Where the 'Apostles of Good Governance, Defenders of Democracy' at?? Abi, dem nova see this thread? Where @Gbawe at?? The 'Advocate of cutting Cost of Governance'?.... Where the HYPOCRITES at?? Hahahaha.. Na laugh I dey

This is how you god-forsaken, cursed and unprincipled idiots go around maligning others with lies and looking for trouble without provocation. When you then get trouble you begin to cry. I may ask for cost-cutting here but that is related mainly to the cost of recurrently and profligately funding affairs of governance day in, day out !!!!

When it comes to revered sons and daughters of others, I don't ever go there !!!! This is because I always respects and defer to how States/region/stakeholders I am not connected with choose to honour their leaders and prominent sons and daughters. I spoke here in support of Igbos laying Ojukwu in State outside Nigeria in Nations relevant to him, when many proclaimed such a waste, because I believed it was not the place of Yoruba/Hausa/fulani/Ijaw et al to tell Igbos what to do or not do for Ojukwu. Same way it is not your place to tell Osun folks what to do/not do or how much to spend/not spend on this man. You and your fellow co-travelling ignoramuses know nothing about him yet you rush in to show disrespect for Osun folks and their beloved son.

Are you from Osun State? Do you know this man? Do you know what he means to Osun State? Are you best placed to be the one to decide what is appropriate to spend on him or otherwise? I am not interested in telling States I am not connected with what to spend or not spend on their beloved sons and daughters because I am in no position to appreciate what those valued sons and daughters mean to them let alone try and arrogantly put a price on what I feel is right or wrong to spend. You and others should learn some decency because you appear ill-mannered, badly brought-up, childishly disrespectful and really lacking in class. When will some of you learn common decency and the paramount need to respect stakeholders and their domain issues?
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by BrightCar: 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2013
THIS MOG DESERVES IT.
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Gbawe: 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2013
BrightCar: THIS MOG DESERVES IT.

My guy, the least some ignoramuses could do is to at least establish what this man is to those who loved and treasured him before they start shooting their mouth disrespectfully and speaking decisively about what does not concern them and what they are not in a position to make a judgement call on.

This shocking intrusiveness, hideous lack of class and zero respect for stakeholders many show here is just indicative of appalling upbringing. That is the main explanation for why many here simply cannot/will not defer to how stakeholders wish to run their own affairs.
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Ajibam: 1:47pm On Aug 14, 2013
Okija_juju:

Obadare was a former Governor not former Holy Spirit... #Ignoramus.

Nw I knw dat u gat an empty cerebral cortex
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Josegun(m): 2:06pm On Aug 14, 2013
Baba Obadare deserve it and worth more, more than 35m to Ijesha people, Osun state and Nigeria at large as far as christainity is concer. If u need more understanding ask from great men of God from from Osun e.g Pastor Adeboye of Redeem, W F Kumuyi of Deeper Life, Bishop Oyedepo of Winners and other great men of God that are made during the wave of their power pack revival in d west. RIP Baba.
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by mensdept: 2:10pm On Aug 14, 2013
Religion is very "prophetable" among these useless folks who even goats are "men of god that can do wonders".
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by hayordele1: 2:18pm On Aug 14, 2013
R.I.P BABA(PROPHET) T.O OBADARE,sun re oooo
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by ogoplus: 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2013
If the claim of spending this huge sum on BABA's burial is true, then The Government Of the State of Osun knows nothing or very little about Prophet Obadore and what he stood for during his life time.

He was one of those God used to establish me and show many others the light of the gospel of Christ.

May God bless his(BABA's) soul.

And for those who are planning expensive jamboree for his burial........its absolutely not necessary.
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by ayyoshert: 2:34pm On Aug 14, 2013
Now when some people are suffering from 'some' very terrible experience(s),
they would'nt know it is a curse placed on them by God for violating his word of ' touch not my anointed'
inasmuch we have to condemn the Governor's wasteful attempt, we should never blaspheme on a man of God.
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by emmasege: 3:03pm On Aug 14, 2013
In as much as i have a very deep respect for the late general evangelist, i would not subscribe to the idea of wasting public funds on a project that is politically motivated. The state govt did this not because they so much "appreciate" Baba's efforts in the Lord's vineyeard but because they need to gain the favour of christians in the state who already have the notion that the governor is tilted towards a particular religion. they need to do whatever will please the xtian folks who incidentally are the majority so that the sitting governor can return in 2014. I hope my folks and brethren can read very well in between the lines. May the soul of the departed MOG continue to rest in the bosom of the Lord!
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by emmasege: 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2013
Point of correction, Bishop Oyedepo is from Kwara (Omu-aran) and not Osun. Osun however has produced more international prominent men of God (Kumuyi, Ashimolowo & Adeboye) more than any other state in Naija, and we are proud of that.
Jo.segun:
Baba Obadare deserve it and worth more, more than 35m to Ijesha people, Osun state and Nigeria at large as far as christainity is concer. If u need more understanding ask from great men of God from from Osun e.g Pastor Adeboye of Redeem, W F Kumuyi of Deeper Life, Bishop Oyedepo of Winners and other great men of God that are made during the wave of their power pack revival in d west. RIP Baba.
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Okijajuju1(m): 3:10pm On Aug 14, 2013
emmasege: Point of correction, Bishop Oyedepo is from Kwara (Omu-aran) and not Osun. Osun however has produced more international prominent men of God (Kumuyi, Ashimolowo & Adeboye) more than any other state in Naija, and we are proud of that.

So while other states are contributing Professors and other valuable people that contribute to the society, Osun is producing con men..

You should truly be proud of yourselves..

1 Like

Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Abdulsquared: 3:14pm On Aug 14, 2013
Allah ya isa
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by funkietunm(f): 3:20pm On Aug 14, 2013
take dat: grin You have no idea who he is, yet you rushed to comment... Bebesco!!!
LMFAO@bebesco
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2013
Okija_juju:

What is this one saying?!

Did you not hear that the government is sponsoring the biggest burial Owambe in Yoruba History?! My guy better wise up and go get your own Aso-Ebi from Osun State secretariat now.
You nor well. lol
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by JaaizTech: 6:42pm On Aug 14, 2013
EmperorSeal: I'm not a supporter of Arebesola, but I boldly commend him on this.......the late Obadare was not just a man of God but a prophet in those hand God worked signs and wonders, he brought fame to his state and nurtured a very large congregation in his blind condition. His church "CAC" is actually the most populous yoruba church that I know, he was blind but read the bible fluently, he was decent and moderate in his doings. That man deserves our respect even in death and not what I'm seeing here........I'm sure we all remembered how billions was spent burying the late tinubu's mother and celebrating his birthday too, much more money was also expended burying that late Chinua Achebe, is it because most of us are turning atheist?........ Make una wake up abeg
I was going to against your post, but on 2nd thought I realised one can justify that amount only by understanding how important Obadare was to Osun state, if chinua Achebe or Ojukwu a warlord could deserve it, perhaps Obadare means that much too, to the people of Osun state. I leave the people of Osun state, to be the judge of that.
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by redsun(m): 6:46pm On Aug 14, 2013
What did he do for nigerians apart from deceiving them immortally?What does a preacher have to offer the society apart from making people grossly irresponsible and zombie like?

Mumudom.
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Shekson(m): 6:57pm On Aug 14, 2013
Afam4eva: Someone just told me that he was also instrumental to the creation of Osun state. If that's the case coupled with the fact that he was a former Osun Governor, i think no amount is too much to give him a befitting burial.

Na nau I confam say @Afam dey on alomo meta, Ogidigba meta
Re: Osun Pledges N35m For Obadare’s Burial by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 14, 2013
I've got no issue with the concept but the amount appears on the high side.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekiti 2018: President Buhari Won’t Manipulate APC Primaries – Gbenga Aluko / 65% Victory For Buhari, Other Candidates Sure In Ariaria Market –uzor Kalu / Emefiele: Nigeria To Save $3 Billion From Petroleum Imports Annually

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.