Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,462 members, 7,944,295 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 02:06 PM

AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) (20071 Views)

Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? / Obiano Raises Anambra Workers’ Salaries By 15 Per Cent / Oyo State Government. Jerks Up Workers’ Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) by Dbeliever(m): 1:53pm On Aug 14, 2013
Its actually a very bad thing when a worker seem not to be deserving his wage.
Re: AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) by anonimi: 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2013
anonimi: Raymond Dokpesi must have copied the LASG whose governor- BRF, I understand, did not pay LASU salary for 17 months despite the increase in tution fees from 25k to 250k.
And the mumus will continue praising these "heroes"

Just as I said above, the High Chief Thief of AIT is simply following the "progressive" footsteps of Mr. Fashola in LASU.

Idris also alleges that though the university owes lecturers and non-academic members of staff 17 months salary arrears, it has failed to engage in dialogue with the union on how the debt would be paid. He explains that the state government agreed to pay 50 per cent of the arrears, while LASU should pay the remaining 50 per cent. The state government, he says, “has honoured its own part of the deal while the management has offered to pay 20 per cent alongside our July salary, but they are not saying anything about how to pay the rest and we told them that we should meet on this. So far, they have refused to meet with us.”

On this, Fosudo, who describes himself as a member of ASUU, says the 20 per cent has been paid on Friday, together with the July salary, adding that the remaining would be paid soon. Idris confirms this but insists that the method adopted by the management is faulty.

Read Punch for more on the very bad situation in LASU that was set up over 30 years ago by the REAL progressive action governor of Lagos state, Alhaji Lateef Jakande.

How can a state that is aspiring to be 1st world by demolishing slums, deporting "destitutes", building cable bridges etc not pay the salary of workers in its "prestigious" public tertiary institution
What sort of graduates will be produced from such an institution?
Maybe Fashola plans on importing Chinese people to run the fancy, fancy & shine, shine toy projects he is building otherwise they will go to ROT and WASTE sharp, sharp.
This one na real upside down development strategy from the "excellent" governor and "best" administrator whom maradona IBB described as a "gift to Nigeria".
SMH!!!
Re: AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) by vincentont(m): 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2013
LibertyRep: Why would anyone just castigate Dokpesi or AIT over an unverified accusation without even hearing from the other side.
It's either the OP and the others affected had stopped going to work or had deviced other means of making money from the job however illegal it may be because I can't understand how a worker wil survive without his salary for 8 months.
If the accusation is genuine, then NLC & TUC should come to their aids. They might even be contract staff. PATHETIC!
have u heard of the word LOAN.there are some certain organizations u can work for and pple will willingly lend u money,
coz they belive that u will pay back.when u are a govt staff and u are bin owed salaries for months,u will get laons frm individuals.my fear is that the 8 months salaries wont be enof to pay the debts they are owing due to acrued intrest, nd the fact that they are bin owned salaries doesnt mean that AIT is down financialy,my brother AIT they make money wella,their staffs are aware of it.all dose sponsored GOVT programmes,interviews u see ,they charged exhorbitant from it,so dokpesi shld just do the right thing.this pple are the ones stoping guys from getting married.imagine bankx excutives buying houses for their 18yrs-22yrs girlfriend nd u xpect a young guy who jst graduate to ask such a lady out.this pple are jst so so corrupt.nigeria system neva favour employees.if they take him to court he will WIN the case.
NLC can't do anyting.most of this firms and banks the welfare package for dere staffs is ZERO.u tink dey are happy going to work witout bin paid.do u knw wat is dere in their employment offer.No employment letter that says if i dnt pay u den dnt come to work.is jst a shame that 98% of our OGA @ the top useless money wile their staffs pay for it.
Re: AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) by stephnie44(f): 3:19pm On Aug 14, 2013
Ola one:
Good question

AIT

Sharing the nigeria experienceeeeee.after all fed govt owe asuuuuu
Re: AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) by anonimi: 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2013
stephnie44:
AIT

Sharing the nigeria experienceeeeee.after all fed govt owe asuuuuu

Where did you read and/or hear that the federal government owes salary to ASUU
Any reliable source/ link?
Re: AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) by snowhill(m): 4:37pm On Aug 14, 2013
yuzedo: i tink is time for me Chiff Sweetus Oyoyo to bought dis TV station and be showin ponograpy from morin to night!! angry angry angry
....lol....
Re: AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) by max1113(m): 4:59pm On Aug 14, 2013
phoneport: Now I see why most Nigerians are seen and treated like fools.
Not paying your workers for more than two months is wickedness.
Keeping quite for not being payed your salaries for 8 months is suicidal and the highest level of Foolishness.

THEN I AM RIGHT TO SAY AIT STAFFS ARE FOOLISH AND STUPID.
U very right
Re: AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) by olorogun1: 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2013
I think when issue like this happens we should learn or try to figure out what's actually happening on the other side,i was privileged to watch an interview granted by this so call ramond dokpesi,on the national tv, and this particular issue was raised and from the answer/respose he gave I think the guy is not totally guilty of this accusations, he said in the interview that he's an investor that invested in ait which happens to be an arm of daar communications and that there are people responsible for the management of the station who are not really efficient in their obligations to the station and there are lots of debt they are been owed,also that most of the advert you see been aired on ait is mostly done on credit.and that some of these people owing do sometimes refuses to pay and there's little or nothing they can do to retrieve this money from the debtors,he categorically said in that interview that he's not responsible for the welfare of the workers that it's the management who's responsible for that,he also talk about the none profit yielding daar communication shares that was sold.honestly I felt for the guy after listening to that interview because am also an investor in some business and I know what it's like feeling the way he's feeling,but I pray that the Lord see him through sha.as for the womanising aspect I don't have any comments on that but he's an adult he has his life to live,using my phone to type don't mind the errors just get the message.my 1cent
Re: AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) by anonimi: 6:58pm On Aug 14, 2013
olorogun1: I think when issue like this happens we should learn or try to figure out what's actually happening on the other side,i was privileged to watch an interview granted by this so call ramond dokpesi,on the national tv, and this particular issue was raised and from the answer/respose he gave I think the guy is not totally guilty of this accusations, he said in the interview that he's an investor that invested in ait which happens to be an arm of daar communications and that there are people responsible for the management of the station who are not really efficient in their obligations to the station and there are lots of debt they are been owed,also that most of the advert you see been aired on ait is mostly done on credit.and that some of these people owing do sometimes refuses to pay and there's little or nothing they can do to retrieve this money from the debtors,he categorically said in that interview that he's not responsible for the welfare of the workers that it's the management who's responsible for that,he also talk about the none profit yielding daar communication shares that was sold.honestly I felt for the guy after listening to that interview because am also an investor in some business and I know what it's like feeling the way he's feeling,but I pray that the Lord see him through sha.as for the womanising aspect I don't have any comments on that but he's an adult he has his life to live,using my phone to type don't mind the errors just get the message.my 1cent

Only in our dear country, Nigeria!
Thank you for the long story.
The message is indeed very clear.
The High Chief Thief is not responsible for what happens in his company.
In short he is an IRRESPONSIBLE man.
Do you think such a person deserves any honour whatsoever in a society of normal people who are not mostly MUMUs
Do you think such a person will not be declared bankrupt (and even jailed) in those countries we pray and fast to get their visas and get stuck in even though we may be doing the types of work we will never consider in our own country?

Someone who sits as the ultimate OWNER of the business/investment?

How much more foolish and stewpid can we get
Oh I forget we PRAY and God will come down & save us- Problem solved!!!
Re: AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) by Slipknot(m): 8:33pm On Aug 14, 2013
Bros haba! Hw them go owe u salary for 8months and yet u still go to work by 4:30am everyday. 8 good months!! Even ASUU, u no fit owe them pass 3months sef.
Re: AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) by charliechyke(m): 8:55pm On Aug 14, 2013
Pathetic nd very sad sorry if its true....buh Pℓs dnt bring religion(catholicism) in2 it...MR.writer!
Re: AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) by jaytee01(m): 10:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
Just pathetic....Dokpesi u no try ooooo
Re: AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) by MEILYN(m): 11:55pm On Aug 14, 2013
xykms101: Defamation of character.

...Liar, what have you been eating for the past eight months?...jail awaits you and your family.

its true oo, my elder sister served her NYSC there she was happy at first but she ran away, she said she will neva work there, although dey were begging ha to stay,dat dey will employ ha..... dey eat wit d small small runs dey do...AIT is corrupt

1 Like

Re: AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) by mkoabiola: 11:56pm On Aug 14, 2013
Na lie,
I don't blv d story
Unless a staff of AIT confirm ds story.
Hw do dey cope?
Re: AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) by ladenz(m): 8:54am On Aug 15, 2013
dedons: AIT is a political station

i knew it'd come to this

they are been used by some political riftraft in this country

GOD punishh them

Please enlighten us. what or who can be defined as a political rift raft? a politician (d)rifting on a raft?

FULL STOP
Re: AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) by pitamoh: 9:01am On Aug 15, 2013
is he going to loot people and shut down.families depend on that salary,it's just so unfair.
Re: AIT Workers' Salaries Not Paid For Eight Months? (An Appeal To Raymond Dokpesi) by akhis: 11:13am On Aug 15, 2013
akintun: Sorry oo, but hw u dey survive 4 eight month without salary.

So, how do people without work for more than 8 months survive?

They will always survive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Ten Skills That Employers Want / Worker Dies As Explosion Rocks Golden Penny Flour / Is Studying Geology A Good Choice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.