Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,469 members, 7,964,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 12:58 AM

Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary (21540 Views)

APPARITION: The Blessed Mother Of God Appeared In Kaduna Today! / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary / What Is Assumption Of Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
chocopearl:
Be careful free2rhyme b4 u attract d fire dat will burn u & everything u stand for. See how u move frm page to page spewing poo about a doctrine u kno absolutely nothing about.
Have u been to a catholic church b4?? how do we worship idols??, u'll argue abt d images in our churches pls ask d native doctor in ur area how he worships his own idol.
U argue dat d BLESSED VIRGIN MOTHER MARY had other children after d son of God ryt?? I take it dat u re a xtian so until u show me where it is written in d bible pls stfu.
This woman u re taking ill abt, do u kno dat d angel of d Lord honoured her?? (oh maybe u dnt believe in angels too)
Elizabeth in d gospel of luke called her d mother of God.
A lil biology will tell u dat a mother provides d necessary materials needed for d formation of d foetus so she actually gave rise to d formation of d son of God, someone lyk dat doesn't she deserve a lil honour. I kno ur likes sing praises to ur Pastor's wife daily.
Now i wnt to use dis medium to appeal to d non-catholics to leave us catholics alone. It's our faith, it's what we believe in,profess and accept spewing poo abt it on social media won't change it.
GLORY TO JESUS, HONOUR TO MARY.

Do you ever read the bible apart from that pamphlet given to you? Lol, you have exposed yourself.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by rabzy: 2:51pm On Aug 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: u are a fool , the Jews didn't compile the old testament, there's a difference between being based on and being compiled by, the old testament has been compiled by catholic. What u are saying is Jews wrote the bible are u all right?

You asked me a question which I answered, it does not warrant insults, am finding it hard not to insult u but I will console myself in your utter ignorance of what you are talking about.
I really don't know from whence I should start educating you.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by chrisnolo: 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
[quote author=chrisnolo][/quote]
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by alextayo(m): 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
Haters please enjoy this song while you ctiticize the Mother of God

1 Like

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by alextayo(m): 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
and this too

1 Like

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by jes7: 2:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
chuqudy:

What of the statue of cherubim and seraphim which God commanded solomon to make for the ark of covenant? What of you guys who prays to your pastors by asking for their prayers? What of yorubas that bow down to their seniors as a mark of respect? what of your pictures which are in your phone and in your house. ARE THEY NOT IMAGES OF PEOPLE WHO ARE LIVING OR DEAD? And yet "God" told you not to make images of people dead or alive. You apostates like to quote the bible in a way to suit your imaginations. How can I abandon a Church that has existed from the time of Christ till today and join a man made church that was founded just yesterday on the foundation of bible misinterpretations.

God is no respecter of persons, whoever bows down to any image in the name of worship is sinning against God. This is not a matter of sentiment!That people do that does not justify your actions, all of you will be seen as idol worshipers before God. Why didn't Peter and other apostles worship mary, in fact she was not even given any position in the church. Every message of the apostles centred on Christ and you know, 'God has highly exalted Christ and has given him a name above every other name that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is the Lord..' Philippians 2: 9-11

Jesus only is our message
Jesus all our theme shall be
We will lift up Jesus ever
Jesus only we will sing
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Efiko(m): 2:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
Controversy:
Your problem is ignorant! When you stoped going to catholic church did any 1 come begging you to come back? The world is free, believe what you like. We have 1 target which is heaven not church
Stop preaching to Catholics because morally you are not better than them

..morally no body is better, the bible declares that "...all have sin and have fallen short of the glory of God" We were all domed for eternal damnation but for the redemption plan of God through Jesus Christ our Lord ONLY.

Salvation is a free gift from God, not by works that any man should boast for our righteouness (so call morality) are AS filty rags before the Lord.

I love your statemet "We have 1 target which is heaven not church" and the ONLY way to heaven is through Jesus Christ the Son of God; by believing in Him and Practicing his techings as contained in the Holy Bible.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by buchilino(m): 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
rabzy:

You asked me a question which I answered, it does not warrant insults, am finding it hard not to insult u but I will console myself in your utter ignorance of what you are talking about.
MY BROTHER, PEOPLE LIKE THAT HUMAN DATS IF HE IS HUMAN ARE A LOST CAUSE smiley
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by alextayo(m): 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
enjoy this too

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by dalynch(f): 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hail Mary,full of grace,the Lord is with U,Blessed are U amongst women and blessed is the fruit of ur womb Jesus.Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. AMEN.

2 Likes

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
rabzy:

I didn't ask u anything, protestants are ignorant by nature, I quoted u because you were misleading a sister that's all, now tell me more about how the Jews compiled the old testament. U are a joke, I will advise u to stop embarrassing yourself my friend. And get educated.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by alextayo(m): 2:58pm On Aug 15, 2013
and this too

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by buchilino(m): 2:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
dalynch: Hail Mary,full of grace,the Lord is with U,Blessed are U amongst women and blessed is the fruit of ur womb Jesus.Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. AMEN.
WATEVA grin
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: this is a senseless attempt to rewrite history, catholics were the ones being slaughtered like chicken, fed to lions etc .read the book of Daniel, dummy

so you mean Catholics have been existing then
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
if people are talking pentecostal should not talk.their pastorsvonly like money and talks nonsense.note am not a catholic am an anglican.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Lordave: 3:01pm On Aug 15, 2013
candiva2013: u can't even understand simple english. Go to ur dictionary and look for the meaning of assumption.
who is this?
Oh! Please tell me the meaning of 'assumption', I lost my dic.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by buchilino(m): 3:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ebig22: if people are talking pentecostal should not talk.their pastorsvonly like money and talks nonsense.note am not a catholic am an anglican.

AH THE PEOPLE DAT APPOINTED A HOMO AS A PRIEST DON LAND cheesy
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by BigBabyJesus: 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
WILL THERE BE ANY FREE BOOZE?

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
Weselion:

so you mean Catholics have been existing then
yes, catholic have been existing spiritually since the birth of Jesus(who is the first catholic) and physically since Matthew16:18 .
God himself built the Catholic church this is why it keeps growing and remains stronger, ask yourself why? +2.5billion of followers .
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Ifymma(f): 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
manuelzz:

why would u always ask her to pray for u? if u pray for uself what will happen? undecided

WHY WOULD YOU ALWAYS MEET YOUR PASTOR AND ASK HIM TO PRAY FOR YOU?
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 15, 2013
buchilino:

AH THE PEOPLE DAT APPOINTED A HOMO AS A PRIEST DON LAND cheesy

mumu guy.anglican communion africa
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by spongebuny: 3:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
I URGE ALL CATHOLICS IN THIS FORUM TO SAY THIS PRAYER....GOD BLESS YOU ALL

Prayer for the Reconciliation of Protestants

Almighty Father, Creator of Heaven, Earth, and all that dwells within both realms, we,
the faithful lament the loss of our brothers and sisters in Christ from full commuion in His
Church. Thus we pray with open minds, outstretched arms, and sorrowful hearts that our
fellow Christians may experience reconciliation with the Holy Church. We pray for the
souls of Martin Luther, John Calvin, and all Protestant leaders who denied Your Church.
We pray for not only the spirits of our Catholic brethren, but for all Christians who have
passed from this world. Lord God, Most Understanding and Merciful, your only Son was
condemned to agonizing death at the hands of evil men so that we may be delivered into
eternal life. Let not schism and suspicion taint Your servants. Instead, allow us to
celebrate Your appointed Mass as one joyful Catholic and Apostolic Church.
Amen.

1 Like

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by jes7: 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
The bible says we should pray for one another (the living for the living), In fact it specifically says we should call for the elders of the church to pray for us. James 5: 14. Mary is dead and she is not omnipresent or omniscient like God to know your needs and individual request, how then can she pray to God for you? The bible says we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous 1 John 2:1,2. Why not just go straight to Jesus?
Ifymma:

WHY WOULD YOU ALWAYS MEET YOUR PASTOR AND ASK HIM TO PRAY FOR YOU?

1 Like

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Controversy: 3:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
Efiko:

..morally no body is better, the bible declares that "...all have sin and have fallen short of the glory of God" We were all domed for eternal damnation but for the redemption plan of God through Jesus Christ our Lord ONLY.

Salvation is a free gift from God, not by works that any man should boast for our righteouness (so call morality) are AS filty rags before the Lord.

I love your statemet "We have 1 target which is heaven not church" and the ONLY way to heaven is through Jesus Christ the Son of God; by believing in Him and Practicing his techings as contained in the Holy Bible.

Knowing Christ alone is not a guaranty to heaven like St Paul said
James 2:14-26
Faith Without Works
Is Dead
14 What does it profit,
my brethren, if someone
says he has faith but
does not have works?
Can faith save him? 15 If
a brother or sister is
naked and destitute of
daily food, 16 and one of
you says to them,
“Depart in peace, be
warmed and filled,” but
you do not give them the
things which are needed
for the body, what does
it profit? 17 Thus also
faith by itself, if it does
not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say,
“You have faith, and I
have works.” Show me
your faith without your
[ a] works, and I will
show you my faith by
my[b] works. 19 You
believe that there is one
God. You do well. Even
the demons believe—
and tremble! 20 But do
you want to know, O
foolish man, that faith
without works is dead?
[ c] 21 Was not Abraham
our father justified by
works when he offered
Isaac his son on the
altar? 22 Do you see that
faith was working
together with his works,
and by works faith was
made perfect? 23 And
the Scripture was
fulfilled which says,
“Abraham believed God,
and it was accounted to
him for
righteousness.”[d] And
he was called the friend
of God. 24 You see then
that a man is justified
by works, and not by
faith only.
25 Likewise, was not
Rahab the harlot also
justified by works when
she received the
messengers and sent
them out another way?
26 For as the body
without the spirit is
dead, so faith without
works is dead also.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by iHustle(m): 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
25Calibre: Look at these Catholics practicing idolatry, for God's sake, what happened to the name of Jesus Christ, what's all this Mary talk?

And where the hell did the Catholics hear that Mary ascended into heaven? Mary died like a mere mortal
and was buried, there are ongoing searches for burial site in Israel.

Where did you hear that Christ ascended?
Catholics stop this heresy !!!!!'
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by iHustle(m): 3:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
jeroton: Catholic are not Christian they are just worshiping idol in Christian terminology .

Interesting. Where did you get your Christianity from? Who gave you the New Testament? Who taught you the Holy Trinity?
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by spongebuny: 3:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Wendyphil(f): 3:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
25Calibre: Look at these Catholics practicing idolatry, for God's sake, what happened to the name of Jesus Christ, what's all this Mary talk?

And where the hell did the Catholics hear that Mary ascended into heaven? Mary died like a mere mortal
and was buried, there are ongoing searches for burial site in Israel.

Catholics stop this heresy !!!!!'
If u are opportuned to visit Israel and meet the Orthodox Jews...u will find out dat no where in history was the Body or tomb of Virgin Mary ever discovered after she died.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

30-year-old Prophetess Set Ablaze As Trance Celebration Turned Sour / Photo Of The Day, Purify Your Intentions / The Danger Of Associating With Greedy People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.