Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,985 members, 7,931,392 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 01:33 AM

Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary (21456 Views)

APPARITION: The Blessed Mother Of God Appeared In Kaduna Today! / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary / What Is Assumption Of Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by BigBabyJesus: 3:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
Controversy:
Choi! Pity the fool

MOAR FUN FACTS ABOUT EX-POPE BENEDICT

1. Has the ability to shoot lightning from his fingertips.

2. Is king of all the child molesters and gets batshit insane when this gets pointed out

3. Strongest recorded jaw strength of any animal or human, living or dead.

4. Real name is Amanda.

5. Had a brief love affair with Borat.

6. He wields the strength of 10 ordinary Popes.

7. Once had body of former pope dug up, clothed, tried for various crimes, convicted, and thrown into the Rubicon.

8. His skin is actually made of precious Adamantium (A Highly rare feminist metal)

9. He is the father of Josef Fritzl.

10. He murdered 12 Jews with force lightning when he was supposedly "forced" into joining the Hitler Youth.

11. Is not attracted to women except to the Virgin Mary.

12. Has published a book translating it in at least 100 languages, but everybody failed to give a phuck about it.

13. Worked for Hitler during World War II but became pope for some reason.

14. will not answer my goddamn call to figure out where to buy a pope hat.

15. His nickname in highschool was "S3x Kitten"

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by BigBabyJesus: 3:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
spongebuny:

grin grin grin I WILL TRY smiley

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Wendyphil(f): 3:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
She was assumed into heaven just as Moses and Enoch were taken up into heaven in the Old testament...dat was why Moses was reported to have appeared to Jesus during his Transfiguration..OR are u guys also going to argue dat those two weren't taken up to heaven?...Please dear Nairalndas stop being narrow~minded..OR better still..respect our beliefs.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by BigBabyJesus: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
[size=18pt]M.C.POPE MIXING D0PE POPE BEATS MIX SINCE CHRIST MURKIN[/size]

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by rabzy: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
spongebuny:

THE SAME BIBLE THAT WAS COMPLIED BY THE CATHOLIC CHURCH!!! LOL..... READ YOUR HISTORY PLS...

This was the post I was referring to, my history tells me otherwise. You wrote complied, if you mean compiled, then my history tells me otherwise.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by iHustle(m): 4:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
Jesus said, "I will build my church", he never said "I will write a Bible". Jesus never penned down anything. He asked his church to go into all the world and preach the gospel. The Church (catholic) is the pillar of truth. The Books of he New Testament were written by Catholics and for Catholics! So I'm not surprised that many deviants have established millions of "churches" based on their own interpretation of the Bible. Surely, God is not the author of this utter confusion that protestants are wallowIng in. The catholic church is apostolic; we follow the traditions of the apostles. We learn from the Bible, the traditions, the clergy and abIove all, the Holy Spirit. If the Bible contained all the truth, we wouldn't need the Holy Spirit to lead us to all truth.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: exactly, you can't understand anything about catholic/Catholicism without studying catechism and our doctrine. Besides how can they rubbish their master, their forefathers?
Lol I wonder o! Mini mini churches popping up here and there. . . . Just for financial purposes to the owner(pastor of course) lol
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by spongebuny: 4:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
BigBabyJesus:

MOAR FUN FACTS ABOUT EX-POPE BENEDICT

1. Has the ability to shoot lightning from his fingertips.

2. Is king of all the child molesters and gets batshit insane when this gets pointed out

3. Strongest recorded jaw strength of any animal or human, living or dead.

4. Real name is Amanda.

5. Had a brief love affair with Borat.

6. He wields the strength of 10 ordinary Popes.

7. Once had body of former pope dug up, clothed, tried for various crimes, convicted, and thrown into the Rubicon.

8. His skin is actually made of precious Adamantium (A Highly rare feminist metal)

9. He is the father of Josef Fritzl.

10. He murdered 12 Jews with force lightning when he was supposedly "forced" into joining the Hitler Youth.

11. Is not attracted to women except to the Virgin Mary.

12. Has published a book translating it in at least 100 languages, but everybody failed to give a phuck about it.

13. Worked for Hitler during World War II but became pope for some reason.

14. will not answer my goddamn call to figure out where to buy a pope hat.

15. His nickname in highschool was "S3x Kitten"

LMAO!!! A TRUE ATHEIST YOU ARE!!! PLS SHOW PROOF OF YOUR STATMENTS
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by strategy: 4:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
IDOLATRY!
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by BigBabyJesus: 4:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
spongebuny:

LMAO!!! A TRUE ATHEIST YOU ARE!!! PLS SHOW PROOF OF YOUR STATMENTS

Not an atheist. Don't believe in the divinity of Mary as proclaimed by the catholic church alongside their trinity theology.

Do not attend modern church or any for that matter because they suck c0ck good.

Believe in God and all that Jesus stood for.

Every other christian belief system outside christ is pure faggotry
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by pdozie: 4:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
exxell: Before, I was a catholic. Now, I am a core catholic. Soon, I will become a staunch Catholic.... Was born a Catholic, Will Marry A Catholic, Will Remain A Catholic And Will Die A Catholic! Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary.

I'm with you dear. Nice one.

I really don't know why people find it difficult to understand that it is our choice to be Catholics; just as it is also their choice to belong to their own religious bodies. All my life I have prayed as a catholic asking for intercessions from Our Mother Mary and the saints - Behold my prayers have been answered. Why on earth should someone think I will dump the church just because of mere criticism online?

If you don't like what we do and cannot join us, then leave us to be.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by spongebuny: 4:14pm On Aug 15, 2013
BigBabyJesus:

Not an atheist. Don't believe in the divinity of Mary as proclaimed by the catholic church alongside their trinity theology.

Do not attend modern church or any for that matter because they suck c0ck good.

Believe in God and all that Jesus stood for.

Every other christian belief system outside christ is pure faggotry

lmao... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy u wish!
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by BigBabyJesus: 4:14pm On Aug 15, 2013
maxwello.yg:

Lol I wonder o! Mini mini churches popping up here and there. . . . Just for financial purposes to the owner(pastor of course) lol

Duhh! The catholic church is one of the richest institutions globally.

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
BigBabyJesus:

Duhh! The catholic church is one of the richest institutions globally.
so?

Don't forget to add that the catholic church is also the biggest contributor. In any human cause. The only church that works for catholic and non catholic, most of u attended catholic schools, went to catholic clinics or hospitals etc
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by BigBabyJesus: 4:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
The Pope

The P.O.P.E (Peoples Own Peadophile Emperor) is the Final boss of the world's Roman Catholics as well as the ringleader of the world's largest pedophile group. He is best known for his flamboyant paper hats, his time-traveling powers, and for looking exactly like the evil Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars (see meme below) as well as for fulfilling the Emperor Palpatine's fictional role in real life.

Pope John Paul II was born in 1977 in California, and is an adult film actress of Vietnamese and Chinese extraction whose numerous films and photos became widely distributed on the internet during the early 2000s, especially through P2P file sharing and TGP galleries.

He had breast implants midway through his career and is known for a buxom figure and numerous hardcore joys with boys.His favorite position is the reverse cowboy, so the little boys don't see his face as he raeps them.

Although his name is often pronounced "Maiko", he actually pronounces it as "Meeko".

His body, covered with apparent lightning burns, was recently found by his personal assistant Waylon Smithers after Smithers sensed what he termed "a great disturbance in the Force". Thus began the bloody process of selecting a new Pope to rule the world's quivering masses of Catholics.

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by kingeze88(m): 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
This Virgin mary thing is absolute nonsess. Why should mary, a mere human like me be uplifted so high like the most high God. may God forgive the creators of these strange doctrine in Christianity. May God Help Christianity....
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by free2ryhme: 4:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
Johnpaul2k2: [size=18pt]Pray for Us[/size]

DO YOU SEE THE ERROR OF YOUR WAYS PEOPLE GRAVEN IMAGES OF SOMETHING THAT IS IN HEAVEN!!!! OF WHICH GOD SPECIFICALLY FORBIDS
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2013
It is not in the bible , yet u guys make the sign of the cross before praying,eating or entering in the church, you guys hate catholics so much yet you still celebrate our Christmas, u hate us but use our bible, use our songs .smh .funny people
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: It is not in the bible , yet u guys make the sign of the cross before praying,eating or entering in the church, you guys hate catholics so much yet you still celebrate our Christmas, u hate us but use our bible, use our songs .smh .funny people

Use your bible? Use your songs? sign of the cross before eating? It seems you have your head in space and are depriving yourself of air and now you are delusional. Real Born again christians never use the sign of the cross, The bible isnt a property of the catholic church, neither did they found it. Can you please tell me which Pentecostal church song hails mary. You are on your own.

1 Like

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Use your bible? Use your songs? sign of the cross before eating? It seems you have your head in space and are depriving yourself of air and now you are delusional. Real Born again christians never use the sign of the cross, The bible isnt a property of the catholic church, neither did they found it. Can you please tell me which Pentecostal church song hails mary. You are on your own.
are u denying using our songs whether they hail Mary or are not about Mary, you protestants lack of creativity, u copy and paste whatever Catholics do, glad you didn't rebuke celebrating Christmas. Lmao
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by spongebuny: 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
naijadeyhia:

stop celebrating Christmas and Easter then, think of your own dates! we compiled the bible...tell your jet owners to come down from their high horse and compile theirs....
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by pedrojustice: 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
moscobabs: are you worshiping GOD or you are worshiping the VIRGIN MARY(Idol)?

And when you see your pastor's wife you call her mummy and even wash her clothes and cars as the case maybe. Yet u cannot honor the Mother of God
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
spongebuny:

stop celebrating Christmas and Easter then, think of your own dates! we compiled the bible...tell your jet owners to come down from their high horse and compile theirs....

Do you even know what the bible is? The bible IS the WORD of GOD. I guess the catholic church was mentioned in genesis and were with adam and eve in the garden of eden. Perhaps they crossed the desert and the red sea with moses and the israelites or perhaps they were standing side by side with david when he defeated Goliath. Its obvious you have no idea what you are talking about and are part of the spoonfed catholic multitude who are on their way to hell and damnation

1 Like

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by spongebuny: 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
naijadeyhia:

ehen i forgot to add... stop bearing our catholic names pls... e.g john, peter, rosemary! form your own!!! u can use 'seeing the light' 'give your life to Christ' . stop worshiping on Sunday plssss cos catholics changed the Sabbath day to sunday...u can can choose from mon-sat... and stop going to rome to see our pope....go to your pastor's house BIKO!!!

1 Like

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by spongebuny: 5:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Do you even know what the bible is? The bible IS the WORD of GOD. I guess the catholic church was mentioned in genesis and were with adam and eve in the garden of eden. Perhaps they crossed the desert and the red sea with moses and the israelites or perhaps they were standing side by side with david when he defeated Goliath. Its obvious you have no idea what you are talking about and are part of the spoonfed catholic multitude who are on their way to hell and damnation

IGNORANT CHILD!!! GO AND READ THE HISTORY OF BIBLE AND HOW IT WAS COMPILED!!!! I DONT KNOW Y U GUYS R SO IGNORANT...
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by nairaarea: 5:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
ASSUMPTION MSG FROM FR. CHIDIEBERE FRANCIS NWAKILE(SFB)
Behind every successful man there's a woman and behind every unsuccessful man, there's equally a woman. If you're in doubt, reflect on the mystery of man's fall and on the economy of our salvation; Adam and Eve, Jesus and Mary. The history of our salvation is incomplete without the story of our Mother, the Virgin Mary as the history of our creation is incomplete without the story of Eve. But more importantly and delightful is that while the fall of mankind (the story of Adam and Eve can be regarded as Biblical myth by some, the role of our Mother, the Virgin Mary, in the economy of our salvation cannot be dismissed at all because it's historically grounded. The doctrine of Christ of Faith is incomplete without the story of Jesus of History; and the story of Jesus of History is incomplete without the story of the woman who gave birth to him.

Oh Mother Mary, obtain for me from your Divine Son the Grace to lead a life worthy of my Christian calling and the Grace to enjoy His Beatific Vision in the world to come. Amen.
Happy Feast of Assumption my dear ones in the Lord. Through the powerful intercession of our Mother Mary, I bless you, your family and all your good heart desires, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Catholic-SMS-Service-Nigeria/363999303694480?ref=hl

1 Like

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
spongebuny:

ehen i forgot to add... stop bearing our catholic names pls... e.g john, peter, rosemary! form your own!!! u can use 'seeing the light' 'give your life to Christ' . stop worshiping on Sunday plssss cos catholics changed the Sabbath day to sunday...u can can choose from mon-sat... and stop going to rome to see our pope....go to your pastor's house BIKO!!!

Catholic Names? Na wa for this people sha. So the catholic church gave names to everyone in the bible? Jesus declared that he is the Lord of the Sabbath so this annuls your presumption that you can choose what day is the sabbath. A true believer knows that the sabbath is every day of the week as the worship of God isnt limited to a single day. Ignorance personified is what you are.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
spongebuny:

IGNORANT CHILD!!! GO AND READ THE HISTORY OF BIBLE AND HOW IT WAS COMPILED!!!! I DONT KNOW Y U GUYS R SO IGNORANT...

I am trying so hard not to school you on church history because i am so sure you still wouldnt understand it.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
"Confounded be all they that serve graven images, that boast themselves of idols" —Psalm 97:7

Matthew 6:7 and 15:8-9, “But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. ... This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.”

The Roman Catholic Church today is widely regarded as a Christian Church. The truth is that it is a pagan counterfeit of Christianity and is full of blasphemous doctrines that bars its victims from eternal salvation. Jesus said that if you are a Christian you will avoid the teachings of false prophets.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by mandee8223: 5:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
okay, this is really a serious discussion. i read almost through all the comments and i must confess that i got a bad headache after i did. as i write, i am asking the Holy Spirit to give me utterance cos i truly dont know how to fashion my response. firstly, i am a catholic and was born a catholic and all my siblings and my parents and husbands family are catholics (die-hard ones at that). in my family, we have prayed as catholics and have gotten answers to our prayers even speedy ones at that. note that when we pray, we do not pray to mary, we pray to God through his son Jesus Christ. one thing i believe non-catholics dont understand is that they dont know anything about the catholics or their faith, they just stand outside and criticize. i must state here that many of the points these departed brethrens of ours have raised are true and i have prayed about them and have also gotten confirmation from the holy spirit that some of the doctrines of the catholic church are actually man-made. but come to think of it, what church doesnt have its man-made doctrines? like a brother rightly pointed out, not everything was written in the bible, there wouldnt have been space for it all, the bible would have been placed in a musuem cos it would have been too large to carry about. why have you non-catholics asking why mary's name was not mentioned in the bible after the situation at the upper room where the apostles received the holy spirit for the first time not asked why the growing up years (day by day explanations) were not captured in the bible? secondly, i would say it was and never is the doctrine of the catholic church for its members to bow down to any idol, whether mary's or of the saints. what happens is there are many fanatics in the church who like to over-do things, i am a catholic for 31yrs now and i have never bowed down to any idol, it is not written anywhere that we should. thirdly, we can never push away mary's role in the salvation of mankind. she was found blameless by God and was chosen specifically for the special assignment, if she wasnt special, remember she was called (blessed are you among all women) God would not have chosen her and if she had refused, maybe, who knows, there may not be one righteous enough to bore our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus listened to his mother while he was on earth, he never disrespected her or his foster father, he obeyed her even when the time of his miracle was not even nigh (the feast at cana). mary's role cannot just be pushed aside. i agree some catholics over-do it but i would advise my catholic brethren to learn to focus more on the messiah himself rather than his mother, lest we give glory to whom we shouldnt. honour her like the cathecism teaches and not worship or bow down to her. remember, there is only one mediator, who is Christ Jesus, mary cannot be a mediator, why ask for help from the handmaid of the Lord when the Lord is your "present help in time of trouble" and always available to you when you call on him. being a catholic is perfect but dont mix things up by shying away from what the bible teaches or base your beliefs on what man teaches rather than what is inspired by the holy spirit. pls pls and pls, learn to read the bible, the cathecism and catholic doctrines books shouldnt be your references, the bible should be your sole reference as a christian, catholic or otherwise, as you read the bible, pray to God to give you understanding of the mysteries therein, trust me you will find answers and get the truth you seek and you would get confirmation in your dreams or even in real life situations. prayer is the key and remember our cathecism book teaches us that "prayer is the pouring out of our mind and heart to God" or the new cathecism simply says "prayer is comunication between God and man" when you pray, dont just talk, talk and talk, talk and meditate, give room to God to talk back and learn to discern the voice of God. christianity is different from what you guys are seeing it, arguing and dissing one another's churches or doctrines is not the way forward. God is not a God of confusion or quarrel, he is a God of peace, Jesus wants us to live together as one irrespective of church or tribe or doctrine "ut unum sint" "that they may be one". pls catholics and departed brethrens lets embrace peace and be one, let the holy spirit guide us to the path of truth and let us find great understanding as we search through the holy scriptures for answers.
Shalom
born and bred catholic who knows the truth through the holy spirit and not church dogmas
may God help us and have mercy on us.

2 Likes

Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: yes, catholic have been existing spiritually since the birth of Jesus(who is the first catholic) and physically since Matthew16:18 .
God himself built the Catholic church this is why it keeps growing and remains stronger, ask yourself why? +2.5billion of followers .

my brother, stop giving me number of members. Do you think the devil is not smart? The world will surely accept evil over Good.
Re: Catholics Commemorate The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary by spongebuny: 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
naijadeyhia:

I am trying so hard not to school you on church history because i am so sure you still wouldnt understand it.

PLS I BEGGGGG U TO SCHOOL ME....BRING IT ON...I AM WAITING, PLS DONT FAIL ME....AND I YOU DONT TEACH ME ON D CHURCH HISTORY THEN I WILL KNOW U R JUST BLUFFING!!!

I AM WAITING!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla Awards Scholarship To A Girl Child, Gives Her A Cash Gift / Pastor Penuel Mnguni Feeds Members With Rice And Worm / Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.