Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,880 members, 7,889,929 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 03:09 AM

SCHOOL LIFE - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SCHOOL LIFE (97686 Views)

. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by delepaul(m): 11:10am On Sep 14, 2013
alas, here i come....Christar..me dey feel u anyday and anytime..Fire on bro
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Incredibleme: 11:43am On Sep 14, 2013
@Kizzoh01
no tell me say na u b Dolapo!
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 12:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
Incredible.me:
@Kizzoh01
lol, ok, Kizzoh no go tell you, but I go tell you. Dolls is Kizzoh01. grin
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 12:23pm On Sep 14, 2013
dele-paul:
alas, here i come....Christar..me dey feel u anyday and anytime..Fire on bro
na so!!! *flames on*: thanks bro.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by kennyskeelzz: 2:06pm On Sep 14, 2013
Bros ....long time oooo...av been busy lately.... dis ur tale enhh.....ur children go see am ooo
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 2:23pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ok, to those it may concern - God has touched Nepa heart, presently charging and typing.

@kenny, I hope they do self, let them know who their dad truly is. Only that, I hope they are +18 before the see it grin.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by dryakson(m): 3:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
Can't wait for the new update
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by VivyGift(f): 3:03pm On Sep 14, 2013
Make we c d update nah
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 3:08pm On Sep 14, 2013
**continuation**

'She said...' I paused before continuing 'she said four unexpected words'

'I Love you too?' Dolls asked with a wide grin on his face.

I laughed before finally replying; 'she said she doesn't love me'. As soon as I said it my lips curved and a sad look appeared on my face.

'err... Michael' Dolls called my name and I looked at him in the face, the grin had disappeared and he now had that 'I told you so' look and that was the last thing I needed to hear at that moment. I think Dolls was wise enough to read my thoughts and instead of saying 'I told you so' he took a deep breath and said;

'don't worry yourself too much about it, that's how all girls are on the first day, they like to act like they don't care whereas they do.'

I sighed, I didn't see much sense in his statement and wanted to ask for further explaination but I really wasn't in the talking mood, who would be? When the love of his life just indirectly said she doesn't give a fûck about you?

Prep for the rest of that night was unusually slow and the fact that Dolls was quiet all through the night made it weird too. That was probably the first and only time he had kept his mouth shut for about two straight hours with out saying a shît, I was impressed.

'Make we dey go hostel na' I finally said to Dolls as soon as prep was over.

He didn't say any word to me, just packed his books and lead the way, he looked so sad that I was beginning to wonder if it was my heart that was broken or his.

As we got to hostel and the spot where when had to go to our different hostels, he said;

'No worry, that girl parole must click' he walked away leaving me surprised.

Monday! A day which most people hate because after resting and hanging out with friends and family, they suddenly have to be at work or school as earlier as 8am in most cases.

I'm not particularly among those people I described above as a matter of fact, in contrary to their opinions about Monday, I actually love mondays. I love it because after two complete days of staying in hostel and being faced with the Saturday general cleaning I have to stay in the hostel and risk being sent on thousand of errands by those lazy seniors who would also be in the same hostel.

So Monday, and other week days, gives me a suitable excuse and reason not to be in hostel, cool right?

Anyway, this particular Monday was quite special because it was the first school Monday that teachers were expected to teach in my ss1.

Assembly was long as usual and my feet ached as I had to stand for hours listening to the annoying voice of the principal who kept on babbling on discipline and obedience. I was too excited to get pissed because I finally got to wear my crazy bootcut trousers and my sparkling designers white t-shirt that I had my tailor sew the school badge on the left breäst pocket, in summary, I looked rather 'sweet' even in comparism with most SS2 and SS3 students.

All went well and the principal got tired of talking so after the national anthem we marched to our classrooms singing;

'O my home, O my home, when shall I see my home...' the junior students voice were louder ofcourse, who could blame them? They actually meant what the song entailed.

I got to my class room and immediately went to my locker which was at the extreme left corner of the class, you know that thing they say about only Olodo people sitting at the back? That's not entirely true because I love sitting at the back and am not an olodo, or am I?.

Dolls and Efemena (abbreviated as Efe, he is also my close friend and a mutual friend of Dolls too) had their lockers placed around Mine, while Efe's own was by my side, Doll's had his at my immediate front.

I was about opening my locker to check the timetable for what subject we had that morning only for me to look outside the window answer see Jane who was coincidentally passing by it to her class. I stared at her so intensely until she totally passed by, as I faced my front, Dolls was already on his locker staring at me, he had seen me looking at Jane as if I wanted to die, he expected him to laugh at me but he just changed the topic;

'wetin we suppose get this morning' he asked.

I looked at the timetable which I had celotaped to the inner wall of my locker then told him;

'na Government oh'

'Government?' He asked in surprise.

'Yup, any problem?'

'Not really, just that I hope our teacher won't be Mr Olushola oh'

'Spring up?' I asked.

NB: Spring up was the name we students called Mr Olushola (you would know why soon). He was my leader house master and a very cruel staff of the school who takes no nonsense. Having him as a house master had guaranteed Chad house the first position during almost all the general inspections, so you can imagine how strict he was.

'Yes, spring up' Dolls replied.

As we were talking, the whole noisy class became quiet and we both turned to the front of the class to see the cause only to see Spring up standing there.

TO BE CONTINUED

1 Like

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 3:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
dryakson: Can't wait for the new update
well you need not wait anylonger. grin.
Vivy Gift: Make we c d update nah
oya see am for up.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by VivyGift(f): 4:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
chistar01: well you need not wait anylonger. grin.
oya see am for up.

I don see am. Tnks
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
chistar, long time. You remind me of some of my male classmates in js1. Eiya,sad Jane broke your heart.
Sorry. *passes him a handkerchief*
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Incredibleme: 6:14pm On Sep 14, 2013
Hah!
Am begining to remember those mah scary teachers.
Alija- my phe teacher, we always use our books as umbrellas weneva he was in class, he wuld nt hesitate to give a stroke to any std dat breaks his rules. Although i neva new his name. He earned from a horible luking mascurade. He was d xact replica.

Sir flow- our biology teacher. his real name was Quasim popoola, bt preferd sir flow *i dnt knw y sha*. He was always boasting of how handsome he was, hw red his lips were, or hw white his teeth were. We all hated him cus his rulez were xtreem, luk boy mst nt sit near gals nd stufs lyk dat. D guy lyk woman eh! Bt e wicked die. Science std suffer pass.

Chister, Hope u tell us abt teachers lyk dis. I luv hearing stories abt dm.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by kizzoh01(m): 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
Incredible.me:
@Kizzoh01

Hehehehehehe cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by kizzoh01(m): 6:40pm On Sep 14, 2013
chistar01: lol, ok, Kizzoh no go tell you, but I go tell you. Dolls is Kizzoh01. grin

Hehehehehe...omo I don dey get fans becos of dis issue Ooº°˚˚°ºoO.....
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy ......I am doll$
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by kizzoh01(m): 6:40pm On Sep 14, 2013
chistar01: lol, ok, Kizzoh no go tell you, but I go tell you. Dolls is Kizzoh01. grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy ......I am doll$ cheesy tongue
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by kizzoh01(m): 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2013
More update plsss
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Daniel2802(m): 8:42pm On Sep 14, 2013
More update 4 me oh.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by patholaw: 10:42pm On Sep 14, 2013
@chistar u no serve us super??
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 12:31pm On Sep 15, 2013
@ chiamaka, incredible me, kizzoh, daniel n pathlow, thanks for the comments.

Of to type a new update. Just came back from church, hope you all went too...
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 1:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
**continuation**

So there he stood, Mr Olushola A.K.A Spring up, right at the front of the class patiently waiting for us to keep quiet. He was and still a really slim man who have to either have a tailor sew his clothes specially for him or must slim fit all his shirts and trousers if they were bought 'ready-made' unless he plans on wearing parachutes in disguise of shirts and trousers, I used to wonder how he managed to walk on the road when the weather was windy because I expected the wind to blow him away and that's not an exaggeration. Another distinctive feature of the man was his complexion, he had that kind of complexion that would give 'Baba Suwe' a run for his money, yes! He was that dark, or I guess the word 'black' would be more suitable in his case.

Anyway, as the class became quiet and everybody settled down, he went down straight to business. He walked to the teacher's table and dropped his bag, he then looked at the class as if he was looking for someone or something, then for the first time in my life I saw him do something I never thought he could do or even know how to do, he smiled. I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing because I have come across people who would smile at you and then stab you at the back almost immediately.

'Are there any cross house boys in this class?' Mr Olushola asked.

'Yes!' The few cross house boys in the class replied, all but Dolls replied.

'Okay, good. As most of you already know, my name is Mr Olushola and I'll be taking you on the most important subject on this earth, titled government. I'll have told you all to introduce yourselves one by one but that would waste time, so let's do it like this...' He took a short pause to check if he had all of us attention, and he did, so he continued; 'In the course of my teaching, am going to be throwing random questions at you all, so before you answer my question, I need you to do two simple things first. One, you spring up!... Who can tell me what I mean by that?'

A certain Jenifer raised her hand to signify she wanted to attempt the question, as soon as Mr Olushola gave her the go ahead, she sprung up from her sit as if it was hot, at first, everyone was shocked then the whole class bursted out in laughter, even Mr Olushola couldn't help but laugh at the girl action.

'Good! I hope you all saw what she did? That's what I want you all to do when a question is thrown at you, even if you don't know the answer, still spring up, am I clear?' He asked.

'Yes sir!' The whole class responded in unison.

'Good! Secondly, when asked a question, you start answering by telling me your name. I don't like sluggishness so when I ask you a question, you follow the procedure and tell me you don't know the answer, am I understood?'

'Yes sir!'

'Okay, so down to business. Today, we are just going to look at the definition of government so that we can have a broad view about what this subject is all about. Who can tell me what government is?'

Various people stood up and gave their opinion about the case study, some stupid, some wise, when they were done he went down to actually define government;

'Government can be defined in three context, government as a field of study, government as an act of governing and government as...' He went on and on, breaking down the definition to the least possible division then he gave illustrations too, that was the funny part because he didn't just give illustrations by just talking alone, he actually twisted his entire body and occasionally place his legs on a locker all in the name of illustration, it was funny and yet understandable, or so I thought.

30 minutes later, he was done and as expected, he asked;

'Do you all understand?'

'Yes sir!' We all responded like typical Nigerian students who say yes even though they don't understand any of the words that fell out of the teacher's mouth.

'Do you all understand?' He asked again and we replied in the affirmative once again. He smiled and the next thing I knew...;

'Angle 90! Spring up!' He ordered me to stand up.

'Chai! I don enter my own today' I thought within myself as I sprung up with immediate effect.

'What's your name?'

'Odoh Michael sir...' I replied and could feel my legs shaking involuntary.

'Do you understand all the jargons I just finish saying now?' He asked with a smile.

I didn't really understand but I had a good memory of his illustration and was ready to illustrate back to him if he asked me to so I replied; 'Yes sir'

His smile varnished and he asked;
'In your own words, define government as a field of study'

'Ahh!!! In my own words?' I asked as I wasn't ready for that.

'Yes!'

I recalled him saying we should say we don't know the answer if we don't rather than waste his time so I took a deep breath and swallowed some saliva as my throat had suddenly gone dry.

'I can't explain it in my words but I can give an illustration sir'

'An illustration or the illustration I gave you?' He asked, emphasizing on 'my'.

'Your illustration sir'

'So you are trying to tell me I just wasted 30 minutes of my life in teaching you and you do not understand?' As he asked that question he was struggling to remove his belt and walking towards me with speed. Dolls and Efe were wise enough to shift their lockers away from mine as what was going to happen next was highly predictable. I looked at the window by my side and mentally calculated if I could jump through it and run incase the belt he was trying to remove was for me.

He successfully removed the belt and got to close to me, with the belt in his hand, he asked;

'Odoh, define government as a field of study in your own words'

TO BE CONTINUED

1 Like

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Sanguine(f): 1:53pm On Sep 15, 2013
Buhahahahahahaha... Choi!! Ol'boy E be like say na your pishure dem dey take fan fire for your village ooo... Ayaf laff taya...gringrincheesygringrin olODOH. tonguegrin
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by chistar01(m): 1:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
Sanguine: Buhahahahahahaha... Choi!! Ol'boy E be like say na your pishure dem dey take fan fire for your village ooo... Ayaf laff taya...gringrincheesygringrin olODOH. tonguegrin
lol... If I catch you ehn. grin
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Eniqurl(f): 2:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
Haahahaha.....i can never forget that definition. The man qo beat you blue black
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Olarewajub: 2:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
Nice one and Happy Sunday to you all! Receive the grace to type @Chistar
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by delepaul(m): 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
chistar....I decree and declare in2 ur life peace, good success, more inspiration and happy states 4 d rest of ur life In Jesus name....*and Chistars say*
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Mfemi53(m): 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
Micheal odoh ur own don finish to day.
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Incredibleme: 3:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
Guy! Take heart iye!!!
I wnt hurt much!
Hw i wish jane dey dia, dat dae..
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Graviton(m): 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
LOL....you are in big trouble

1 Like

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
Dis made me remember mah sec school days wen fellow students called me breeze, dey said i was so slim even breeze could blow me away...lol

1 Like

Re: SCHOOL LIFE by VivyGift(f): 5:31pm On Sep 15, 2013
kizzoh01:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy ......I am doll$ cheesy tongue

For ur mind nah. Wetin u con dey feel lyk huh undecided

@chistar... Y u self no try understand nah sad
Re: SCHOOL LIFE by BabieGhagha(f): 9:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
unlucky chistar,u there,u here.is as if dem dey follow u frm ur village.any way gud work bro nd thanks for bringing my life back to nomal.i .... u.coded

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (30) (Reply)

FEIRE - A Romance Story / Life Of A Uam Boy / Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.