Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,634 members, 7,921,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 12:27 AM

FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers (12315 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Pays N156bn Fuel Subsidy Claims To Marketers / FG Orders Sack Of 20,000 PHCN Workers / Cbn’s Crackdown On Bank Debtors Pays Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by awodman: 7:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
The National Council on Privatisation has said that 20,304 out persons of the 40,000 staff of Power Holding Company of Nigeria have so far been cleared and paid their severance benefits.

In a statement issued by Chigbo Anichebe, Head, Public Communications of the Bureau of Public Enterprises, the council said N119. 2 billion was used to pay the workers up to Friday, Aug. 16.

It stated that the privatisation process of the power sector was on course with the payment of severance benefit to former workers.

It stated that “in line with the agreement reached with Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) and labour unions dated Dec. 12, 2012, the Federal Government commenced payment of benefits due to the staff on Aug. 1.

“As at Friday, Aug. 16, a total of 20,304 of the 40,000 staff of PHCN have so far been cleared and paid their severance benefits.

“The payment is being handled by the Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation (OAGF),” it stated.

The workers are being layed off as part of the privatisation process of the PHCN subsidiaries.

(NAN)

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/143033-nigerian-government-pays-20-304-phcn-workers-severance-benefits-ncp.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=nigerian-government-pays-20-304-phcn-workers-severance-benefits-ncp

3 Likes

Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2013
I have not n never been a fan of GEJ govt buh I must say in all submission n steadfastness, without any aota or scintilla of overflairing emotions or Bais, that this is one of the bravest n Big win not 4gettin commendable gesture in his fight for bettering our power(electrical) sector..... All hail him in this... Well done sire ; my own recognized and beloved president U have done well sire. My humble accolades 2U sire on this

I will also implore fellow NLnders 2 fellow my footsteps n give credit 2 whom its due, perhaps dia be some criticism, it is welcome, 4 without it (criticism) developments n check cum balances will be far fetched; buh of course, it must be very well conformed n constructive.... Thank U.

Comrade Ray.

26 Likes

Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by lookmangiw(m): 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
Seems like this is the new pattern the GEJ asslickers have adopted. You have never been a fan. Ummmm, I hear you.

2 Likes

Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by taharqa: 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
Yeeessssss..... Just saw this on an article on BusinessDay... ECSTATIC

3 Likes

Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by ochejoseph(m): 10:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
If GEJ gives Nigerians 24 hours power supply Tinubu ,Buhari etal will regret registering APC

20 Likes

Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 20, 2013
Great news. The TRANSPARENCY in the privatisation process so far is UNPRECEDENTED. God bless my fatherland

7 Likes

Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by lookmangiw(m): 9:50am On Aug 20, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Great news. The TRANSPARENCY in the privatisation process so far is UNPRECEDENTED. God bless my fatherland
insincere 9gerian, I sight you.
Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by Ajibam: 9:51am On Aug 20, 2013
HmMmm...7th to comment sha
Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 20, 2013
sharap y'all how are we sure dis payments are not just only the pages of newspapers. @ss
Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by kelvincoll(m): 9:52am On Aug 20, 2013
We may not be there but we can smell hope. I just hope there would be more transparency in every process involving the power sector, cos that industry is a key to Nigerian economic re-vitalisation.
Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by MrAnonymous: 9:52am On Aug 20, 2013
Whatever it is they are doing... my own be say make light dey.

2 Likes

Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by otijah(m): 9:53am On Aug 20, 2013
Sir with this alone you hav done enough and will live long. Thunder go fire anybody that will try to condemn your good deeds in this nation. Ride on GEJ we got u covered.

4 Likes

Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 20, 2013
Good. But, will it solve the problem of POWER FAILURE in Nigeria?
Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by k2039: 9:54am On Aug 20, 2013
Raymondenyi: I have not n never been a fan of GEJ govt buh I must say in all submission n steadfastness, without any aota or scintilla of overflairing emotions or Bais, that this is one of the bravest n Big win not 4gettin commendable gesture in his fight for bettering our power(electrical) sector..... All hail him in this... Well done sire ; my own recognized and beloved president U have done well sire. My humble accolades 2U sire on this

I will also implore fellow NLnders 2 fellow my footsteps n give credit 2 whom its due, perhaps dia be some criticism, it is welcome, 4 without it (criticism) developments n check cum balances will be far fetched; buh of course, it must be very well conformed n constructive.... Thank U.

Comrade Ray.

Wtf is this one saying.

Last time I checked, I have not had 20 hours of electricty in my area over the last 7 days, worst still ASUU is on strike.
Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by Chiidi(m): 9:54am On Aug 20, 2013
well, first to comment sha!! Shey na goodnewz be diz??
Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 20, 2013
what do u expect? Before nko, na me go pay them?.. Nigeria will never experience constant power supply like other countries even if u pay a phcn worker 2 million a day
Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by awodman: 9:55am On Aug 20, 2013
From what I read in the papers,the payment of the remaining staffs who are mostly of the discos started yesterday.

Also it is expected that the successful bidders pay up the 75% balance of their bids by 5PM tomorrow.If they don't the reserve bidders would be called up to take over.NCP has refused to extend the payment deadline.

Tomorrow marks a watershed in the history of Nigeria's electricity sector.

2 Likes

Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by otokx(m): 9:58am On Aug 20, 2013
Hoping for the best, let us see how things go between now and December.
Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by obicentlis: 9:59am On Aug 20, 2013
Am not pessimistic but I need confirmation from PHCN workers cos am used to political statements from the govt and its spokespersons.

Any former phcn staff here?

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by davidwemby: 10:03am On Aug 20, 2013
I wonder whatever happened to the NITEL disengaged staffs..
Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by ITbomb(m): 10:03am On Aug 20, 2013
k2039:

Wtf is this one saying.

Last time I checked, I have not had 20 hours of electricty in my area over the last 7 days, worst still ASUU is on strike.
Yes because your tribesman Obasanjo decieved Nigerians by signing an Agreement with ASUU which he had no intention or capability to implement.
Also your leaders for the past 20 years did not have the willpower to invest in power infrastruture UNTIL GEJ CAME.

12 Likes

Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by In2systemsTech(m): 10:05am On Aug 20, 2013
So who is going to pay me for the damages NEPA has done to my business and properties...
Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 20, 2013
Make una do pay ma papa as well.To. God be the glory
Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by kelvincoll(m): 10:09am On Aug 20, 2013
otokx: Hoping for the best, let us see how things go between now and December.

I was expecting a usual comment from you when electricity is involved grin
Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by AWONEYAN(m): 10:09am On Aug 20, 2013
I dont believe this news, because I am yet to receive any bank alert of any payment on severance package.

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by donigspain(m): 10:10am On Aug 20, 2013
Commendable...
Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by kennyonthrone(m): 10:10am On Aug 20, 2013
Some niggas re reali smilin 2 d'bank datz kul
Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by ladenz(m): 10:11am On Aug 20, 2013
good news. Jonathan might not be the best president in the world but he is proving to be consistent. the challenges will be there but if they are tackled in a methodical manner they will be overcome.

if this money had not been given to these workers it will have been "chopped" by half a dozen pot bellied politicians.
Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 20, 2013
ochejoseph: If GEJ gives Nigerians 24 hours power supply Tinubu ,Buhari etal will regret registering APC
this is one of the benefits of having a strong opposition
it forces the government of the day to perform. Tinubu should be happy he has helped in his own way to help nigrians by creating aformidable opposition. Nice.

4 Likes

Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by Digriz(m): 10:15am On Aug 20, 2013
cheesy
Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by Meringe(m): 10:17am On Aug 20, 2013
AWONEYAN: I dont believe this news, because I am yet to receive any bank alert of any payment on severance package.

Hmm.....

Note#. Don't rush to believe govt's statements either directly or indirectly from spokespersons until you verify yourself. We are used to their antics.
Re: FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers by anonimi: 10:18am On Aug 20, 2013
ITbomb:
Yes because your tribesman Obasanjo decieved Nigerians by signing an Agreement with ASUU which he had no intention or capability to implement.
Also your leaders for the past 20 years did not have the willpower to invest in power infrastruture UNTIL GEJ CAME.

Thank you for reminding those who have forgotten and/or conveniently chosen to forget.
Baba Iyabo spent N=16 billion with absolutely nothing to show for it and he was the Commander-in-Chief Thief for eight WASTED years.

Is it not said that A people that ignore their history is a LOST people
Anyway na so e be for mumuland!!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola Commissions New 2 X 15 MVA 33/11KVA Injection Substation In Delta (Pics) / Lagos  - Ibadan Rail: More Than 8,000 Workers Mobilized To Site / Yemi Osinbajo Live On Rubbin' Minds With Ebuka @ 3pm Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.