Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,920 members, 7,872,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:36 AM

Nigerians online: First-to-comment trend et al. - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Nigerians online: First-to-comment trend et al. (1026 Views)

<pics> Meant For Girls To Comment / Funny 'first To Comment' Vote Of Thanks / Helen Paul (Tatafo) Fine Gurl Video (et Al) - So So Funny! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians online: First-to-comment trend et al. by infiniteloop(m): 1:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
You can always add some of the most irritating(or weirdly stupid intending to be funny) comments you ever seen by Nigerians on a social site.

For a month now, I have been a bit frequent on Nairaland and other Nigerian websites and I noticed a trend quite ridiculous. And maybe childish(or fun).

And it is: First-to-comment.

Why should anyone just hit on a thread or blog and type 'First to comment' or 'I was here, space booked' and then zoom off.

I was just reading a post on linda-ikeji and the following comments were folks fighting over first-to-comment. In fact, the entire comments on the blog post was on this and very disconnected to the original post.

Abeg o, is there any kind of reward attach to these things. I go like know o.

As always, my most favorite people on earth(i.e Nigerians) will still likely type first-to-comment, space-booked, end-time-things on this thread.

Or even someone will quote this entire post and then comment with a 'K' or full stop.

Another is very popular on facebook now, people eagerly rushing to type 'Amen' on an obviously fake prayer or testimony.

You will even posts like: I have this tape of a woman caught sleeping with her boss, type 'Yes' to have in your boss. Boom, 5000 comments of boys and girls wanting to have the tape.

When I was a kid, we parade Nigerians as some of the finest(or brightest) people but this is not reflecting in our online behaviour.

Anyone can smell a Nigerian comment on any website-foreign or local.

Ehen another one is a case of a jambite rushing to correct grammar even when its not necc. or can be ignored.

See what Goodluck Jonathan has done to my people. sad

P.S.: I safely put this in the Joke section. Not exactly because I'm trying to be funny or the post is funny in fact. Make nobody attack me o.
Re: Nigerians online: First-to-comment trend et al. by possibilita(m): 2:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
infiniteloop: You can always add some of the most irritating(or weirdly stupid intending to be funny) comments you ever seen by Nigerians on a social site.

For a month now, I have been a bit frequent on Nairaland and other Nigerian websites and I noticed a trend quite ridiculous. And maybe childish(or fun).

Why should anyone just hit on a thread or blog and type 'First to comment' or 'I was here, space booked' and then zoom off.

I was just reading a post on linda-ikeji and the following comments were folks fighting over first-to-comment. In fact, the entire comments on the blog post was on this and very disconnected to the original post.

As always, my most favorite people on earth(i.e Nigerians) will still likely type first-to-comment, space-booked, end-time-things on this thread.

Or even someone will quote this entire post and then comment with a 'K' or full stop.

Another is very popular on facebook now, people eagerly rushing to type 'Amen' on an obviously fake prayer or testimony.

You will even posts like: I have this tape of a woman caught sleeping with her boss, type 'Yes' to have in your boss. Boom, 5000 comments of boys and girls wanting to have the tape.

When I was a kid, we parade Nigerians as some of the finest(or brightest) people but this is not reflecting in our online behaviour.

Ehen another one is a case of a jambite rushing to correct grammar even when its not necc. or can be ignored.

P.S.: I safely put this in the Joke section. Not exactly because I'm trying to be funny or the post is funny in fact. Make nobody attack me o.
hmmm tell them ohgrin
Re: Nigerians online: First-to-comment trend et al. by obainojazz(m): 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2013
shit...second to comment...getting there soon
Re: Nigerians online: First-to-comment trend et al. by labaks(f): 4:00pm On Aug 20, 2013
obainojazz: shit...second to comment...getting there soon
See the kind people we dey talk about angry
@Op, I honestly dunno if there's a price or sumtin attached 2 commenting first. I'm also trying to figure out what d stuff is all about. And Btw, u really have time 2 type all those long words when u could have just asked the main question in few lines undecided undecided

Pls anyone reading this, is there a reward ni?

Btw, 3rd to comment cheesy cheesy undecided undecided
Re: Nigerians online: First-to-comment trend et al. by obainojazz(m): 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2013
labaks:
See the kind people we dey talk about angry
@Op, I honestly dunno if there's a price or sumtin attached 2 commenting first. I'm also trying to figure out what d stuff is all about. And Btw, u really have time 2 type all those long words when u could have just asked the main question in few lines undecided undecided

Pls anyone reading this, is there a reward ni?

Btw, 3rd to comment cheesy cheesy undecided undecided
hehhe...so u too na rat face
Re: Nigerians online: First-to-comment trend et al. by Damsman10(m): 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2013
infiniteloop: You can always add some of the most irritating(or weirdly stupid intending to be funny) comments you ever seen by Nigerians on a social site.

guyz dont make a fuss abt it, it all leads 2 d fact dat d world is coming to an end...*E.T.T*
Re: Nigerians online: First-to-comment trend et al. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Sep 03, 2013
Oh poo!...
Last 2 comment angry

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians online: First-to-comment trend et al. by Damsman10(m): 9:01am On Sep 10, 2013
PretiEbony: Oh poo!...
Last 2 comment angry

grin grin grin grin
nah
Re: Nigerians online: First-to-comment trend et al. by ofisa247(m): 12:09pm On Sep 11, 2013

*end time tinz*grin

(1) (Reply)

Bunmioguns Latest New Year Picture (must See) / Hahahahahahhahhaha / Some Police Men B Like....(joke)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.