Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,892 members, 7,889,948 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:11 AM

Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan (22438 Views)

Photos Of Kwata Junction Flyover, Awka / Photos Of Ongoing Anambra Flyover Bridge / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by bigt2(m): 10:42am On Aug 21, 2013
Haha grin ! Ladoja exposed Ajimobi of his looting decoy. Ajimobi took it up, and off he went to because calling opposition parties names.
Later, the sub-standard barrier was destroyed; Ajimobi still went ahead to the same media to accuse Ladoja shocked
Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by RoyalRoy(m): 10:45am On Aug 21, 2013
ACM10: 3 billion NAIRA for this barrier? shocked Who says that APC is less corrupt than PDP? lipsrsealed

Una don come o.....yeye person....how can only a barrier cost 3billion!!

Blind Bat
Wait till night make you read the post again....Pele!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by Jaideyone(m): 10:46am On Aug 21, 2013
Mr Aboki: I still remember how Ndi Yoruba abused me when I said that this Makola Bridge is what Fashola builds in Lagos and calls it Pedestrian bridge... grin

So the bridge cant accomodate large vehicles.. grin

3 Billion Naira.. for a One lane Birdge that cant carry large vehicles.

I laugh!!
what's the big deal if it can't accomodate large vehicles Can the flyover at computer village in ikeja accomodate large vehicles Please carry ur hate to another thread.

1 Like

Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by dammytosh: 10:46am On Aug 21, 2013
That is the problem with ACN and their supporters.

Having lived over 20 years of my life in Ibadan and Mokola environs, I still maintain that COMPARED to the pressing needs in the state, the Fly Over bridge is the most useless project any reasonable Government should embark on, looking at the number of ammenities and basic things the state lacks.

When I saw LCC as the project executor, I now understand that this is the only way Ajimobi is desperate to pay back Tinubu for all the money spent to win the election.

All this useless projects for all to see will take the state no where but make them broke and forever indebted to Tinubu's empire.

So what is the purpose of that barrier after celebrating the commisioning of the bridge, I guess they are waiting to commision the opening of the barrier as a separate project. Bunch of mediocres.

What do you expect in a country where PDP is the main party, Fellow mediocres and morons will stand out.

- My Opinion.
Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by collynzo2(m): 10:47am On Aug 21, 2013
I don't know what this story is all about, but I can see a brown roof in that picture. Nothing new
Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 21, 2013
That flyover is a thorn in the flesh opposition parties.
Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by papi365: 10:48am On Aug 21, 2013
ACM10:

God help Nigeria. We are torn between the devil(PDP) and the deep blue sea(APC).
LOL
Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by aryzgreat: 10:49am On Aug 21, 2013
Amala politrick! operation "wetie" go soon start.

Tokyo, over to u nd ur NURTW gang.

Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by Bizibi(m): 10:49am On Aug 21, 2013
Please i want a professional to tell me how much it costs to construct road bcuz the govt is always saying 1-3 billion naira and i feel that is too much with alsphalt
Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by moscobabs(m): 10:50am On Aug 21, 2013
Ajumobi is working,PDP is critisizing,Masses are watching,2015 is comming!!!!

1 Like

Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by bunmioguns(m): 10:51am On Aug 21, 2013
OROZONE:
I feel so honored to be the first
comment. All of my hard work and
dedication has paid off. Getting the
top comment has been a dream of
mine for many years, and I would like
to thank those who have helped me
along the way. First and foremost I
would like to thank god for giving me
this opportunity. Next I would like to
thank my parents. I would also like to
thank my pet tadpole for surviving
against all odds for over a week. Next
I would like to thank the squirrel that
lives in my backyard for climbing
trees because that gives me
inspiration that I need to get through
the day. This is a special moment in
my life and I would like to thank any
of my unmentioned friends and
family that have helped me along the
way. This moment will be a moment
that I will never forget. I just
remembered a few other people I
would like to thank; facebook, the fish
I caught in the third grade, my light in
my room because I wouldn’t be able
to see the keyboard without it, the
internet for letting me go on
facebook, my house because without
it I would be homeless, and last but
not least I would like to thank all the
people out there that actually took
time out of their day to read this. I
cannot stress how much of a big deal
to me this is. I have been trying to be
the first comment on a post for years,
but that has not been possible until
this amazing day. Hopefully my good
luck will continue, but this is
undoubtedly a rare occasion. If you
asked me how I did this, I would say,
you can achieve anything you set
your mind on. To all the kids out there
reading this, I would like to tell them
to follow their dreams. Being the top
comment is amazing, Thank You
Everyone!!!

Your own madness no get part two

This your post is as stale as your brain tongue

3 Likes

Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by moscobabs(m): 10:56am On Aug 21, 2013
dammytosh: That is the problem with ACN and their supporters.

Having lived over 20 years of my life in Ibadan and Mokola environs, I still maintain that COMPARED to the pressing needs in the state, the Fly Over bridge is the most useless project any reasonable Government should embark on, looking at the number of ammenities and basic things the state lacks.

When I saw LCC as the project executor, I now understand that this is the only way Ajimobi is desperate to pay back Tinubu for all the money spent to win the election.

All this useless projects for all to see will take the state no where but make them broke and forever indebted to Tinubu's empire.

So what is the purpose of that barrier after celebrating the commisioning of the bridge, I guess they are waiting to commision the opening of the barrier as a separate project. Bunch of mediocres.

What do you expect in a country where PDP is the main party, Fellow mediocres and morons will stand out.

- My Opinion.
Bad belle opinion

1 Like

Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by Jaideyone(m): 10:57am On Aug 21, 2013

- My Opinion.
wow!!! Honesty is the best policy. I just have to tell you my mind. You are a complete mor0n. You called a flyover that is supposed to ease traffic and make life easier for people useless? You need proper education.
Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by bobbybash(m): 11:00am On Aug 21, 2013
ACM10: 3 billion NAIRA for this barrier? shocked Who says that APC is less corrupt than PDP? lipsrsealed

Not for the barrier for the entire bridge. Dou even at that its over priced.
Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by wellmax(m): 11:02am On Aug 21, 2013
Jaidey-one:
wow!!! Honesty is the best policy. I just have to tell you my mind. You are a complete mor0n. You called a flyover that is supposed to ease traffic and make life easier for people useless? You need proper education.

Don't mind him. Lived 20 years around Mokola, he must have been a spirit or the usual biker. If you own or drive a car along that axis, you will know that the bridge is a commendable project by the OYSG. Before now, traffic at Mokola was horrible, but with the bridge, its now a pleasure ride.

2 Likes

Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by Gbawe: 11:02am On Aug 21, 2013
moscobabs: Ajumobi is working,PDP is critisizing,Masses are watching,2015 is comming!!!!

This is it !!! A functional and structurally sound bridge was built. It has restrictions as obtains in many, many Nations worldwide. This is not an issue at all.

Yet, typical with Nigerians, the bridge will be made the central issue while everyone ignores the simple concept of illiterate/indisciplined Nigerian drivers not being able to comply with height/weight restriction which is very common throughout the world and causes no major issues in disciplined societies with civilised citizens and where there is a minimum standard of competence you must attain before being allowed on the road.

1 Like

Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by bobbyL(m): 11:03am On Aug 21, 2013
OROZONE:
I feel so honored to be the first
comment. All of my hard work and
dedication has paid off. Getting the
top comment has been a dream of
mine for many years, and I would like
to thank those who have helped me
along the way. First and foremost I
would like to thank god for giving me
this opportunity. Next I would like to
thank my parents. I would also like to
thank my pet tadpole for surviving
against all odds for over a week. Next
I would like to thank the squirrel that
lives in my backyard for climbing
trees because that gives me
inspiration that I need to get through
the day. This is a special moment in
my life and I would like to thank any
of my unmentioned friends and
family that have helped me along the
way. This moment will be a moment
that I will never forget. I just
remembered a few other people I
would like to thank; facebook, the fish
I caught in the third grade, my light in
my room because I wouldn’t be able
to see the keyboard without it, the
internet for letting me go on
facebook, my house because without
it I would be homeless, and last but
not least I would like to thank all the
people out there that actually took
time out of their day to read this. I
cannot stress how much of a big deal
to me this is. I have been trying to be
the first comment on a post for years,
but that has not been possible until
this amazing day. Hopefully my good
luck will continue, but this is
undoubtedly a rare occasion. If you
asked me how I did this, I would say,
you can achieve anything you set
your mind on. To all the kids out there
reading this, I would like to tell them
to follow their dreams. Being the top
comment is amazing, Thank You
Everyone!!!
Yours is just a very funny case. Did you actually expect people to wait for you to finish typing your vote of thanks before they comment?

1 Like

Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by Gbawe: 11:09am On Aug 21, 2013
Jaidey-one:

My brother, don't mind those who are politically compromised beyond common sense. We can all host our political affiliations but should not resort to making senseless utterances to support such while ignoring what matters and is central to issues. Is height/weight restriction , for roads and bridges, limited to Nigeria? Are such restrictions not legitimate tools for surmounting architectural and engineering challenges?

Rather than face the sheer madness of killer drivers, in a nation with people still lynching each other in public, some will play politics with very simple issues. Issues like this should prime our minds to the need for reform and reformers everywhere. Many Nigerian drivers are indisciplined and illiterate killers who do not qualify to be on the road. That is what this issue raises.
Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by emiye(m): 11:10am On Aug 21, 2013

- My Opinion.

Some of you just like to look for any thing(usually imaginary) to assert your pessimism or dislike for what you hate.

Why will you call the bridge useless, if truly you live in mokola environs?

CCECC was the contractor, and what is the link of that coy with Tinubu? they are working all over Nigeria, (abuja, akwa ibom,lag,..)

The barrier was simply to prevent heavy duty vehicles from plying the bridge, there is an alternative route .

The bridge did not also cost up to 3 billion naira, it was 2.3 billion naira.

2 Likes

Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by MostIncredibleDFirst: 11:14am On Aug 21, 2013
blayz0923:

we agree that whats worth doing is worth doin well... btw, in Nigeria today which is better, to have substandard or not to have at all?
will you shut your fvcken mouth there! Do u know d lives of innocent people which have been put at risk while on top of dat poor political-bridge? U BETTER GO TO AKWA IBOM STATE TO ASCERTAIN HOW QUALITY FLYOVERsssss LOOK LIKE!
Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 21, 2013
How is this beneficial to the economy? Rather than maintain the ones we have while new ones are being built, we are busy demolishing old ones... Nawa.!
Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by Jaideyone(m): 11:23am On Aug 21, 2013
emiye:

Some of you just like to look for any thing(usually imaginary) to assert your pessimism or dislike for what you hate.

CCECC was the contractor, and what is the link of that coy with Tinubu? they are working all over Nigeria, (abuja, akwa ibom,lag,..)

The barrier was simply to prevent heavy duty vehicles from plying the bridge, there is an alternative route .

Lol dont mind the orangutan. He has been so traumatized by the 8yrs of pdp rule that he now believes every politician us there to rob the masses dry. He's not used to positive change!!!
Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by Gbawe: 11:29am On Aug 21, 2013
emiye:

Simple. The indiscipline and lack of civility of Nigerians come into play at times like this. Every well-exposed person will know it is impossible not to have height/weight restriction because of legitimate structural challenges.

It is not every road/bridge trucks HGVs (heavy goods vehicle) can ply. That is a given in civilised nations. You will not see this happen in Britain for even a single Briton to ask "why did not make the bridge usable for trucks and HGV?". Everyone would simply question why the truck driver defied instructions to use a bridge the vehicle he is driving is prevented from using. At times like this, we should all be looking at our driving standards agency and its efficiency at ensuring the highest level of competent driving dominate Nigerian roads.
Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by emiye(m): 11:32am On Aug 21, 2013
Jaidey-one:

Lol dont mind the orangutan. He has been so traumatized by the 8yrs of pdp rule that he now believes every politician us there to rob the masses dry. He's not used to positive change!!!

But it is so shameful, if someone who truly is enlightened enough to register on nairaland and have lived in IB for over 20 years can make such comment, What differentiates the thought process of a Pepper seller in scout camp and him? embarassed.

It is not bad to criticise, but it is important to cross check your criticism and see if it follows logic/commonsense.

1 Like

Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by MostIncredibleDFirst: 11:35am On Aug 21, 2013
wellmax:

You have learnt how to read, next learn how to comprehend.
Where did you hear them say the barrier cost N3B?
The barrier was meant to prevent heavy duty vehicles from using the flyover since there is an alternative route for them (a common practice all over Nigeria).
Its a pity how we politicize everything.
shut-up ur smelling-mouth there and stop to justify d nonsense ignorantly. Now go to AKWA IBOM STATE and see how heavy-duty trucks are plying ALL the flyovers and bridges without any restriction/barriers. Dat mokola "flyover-barrier" was deliberately mounted to prevent d collapse of d substandard structure. PERIOD!
Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by emiye(m): 11:41am On Aug 21, 2013
MostIncredible.DFirst:
shut-up ur smelling-mouth there and stop to justify d nonsense ignorantly. Now go to AKWA IBOM STATE and see how heavy-duty trucks are plying ALL the flyovers and bridges without any restriction/barriers. Dat mokola "flyover-barrier" was deliberately mounted to prevent d collapse of d substandard structure. PERIOD!

Going by your logic, you are saying all bridges with barriers against heavy goods vehicle are substandard.

I believe your logic is defective, preventing heavy duty vehicles on the bridge will increase the life span of that bridge.

1 Like

Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by MostIncredibleDFirst: 11:41am On Aug 21, 2013
Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by MostIncredibleDFirst: 11:41am On Aug 21, 2013
Gbawe:

Simple. The indiscipline and lack of civility of Nigerians come into play at times like this. Every well-exposed person will know it is impossible not to have height/weight restriction because of legitimate structural challenges.

It is not every road/bridge trucks HGVs (heavy goods vehicle) can ply. That is a given in civilised nations. You will not see this happen in Britain for even a single Briton to ask "why did not make the bridge usable for trucks and HGV?". Everyone would simply question why the truck driver defied instructions to use a bridge the vehicle he is driving is prevented from using. At times like this, we should all be looking at our driving standards agency and its efficiency at ensuring the highest level of competent driving dominate Nigerian roads.
YOU ARE JUST A SHORT-SIGHTED APC APOLOGIST WHO DO NOT SEE BEYOND YOUR NOSE! Now shut-up ur smelling-mouth there and stop to justify d nonsense ignorantly. Go to AKWA IBOM STATE and see how heavy-duty trucks are plying ALL the flyovers and bridges without any restriction/barriers. Dat mokola "flyover-barrier" was deliberately mounted to prevent d collapse of d substandard structure. PERIOD!
Re: Controversial Flyover Barrier Demolished In Ibadan by Ifecoded(m): 11:44am On Aug 21, 2013
missvirgorick:
3 billion is not only for the barrier but for the overall construction of the flyover. Read d story again.
leave am, e no sabi wetin dem dey call barrier... Buy 2 barrier get 1 free, each cost #3b......lols baba barrier

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldiers Burn Boko Haram Base, Kill 3 Terrorists, Recover Weapons (Photos) / Service Chiefs Appear Before NASS / Umaru Musa Yar'adua's 70th Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.