Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,746 members, 7,915,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:53 PM

Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams (62113 Views)

ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities / UI 2009/2010 Post Ume Exams With Instructions / To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by solmistry: 12:09pm On Jul 11, 2008
Hi guys,the pin code is available in Lagos at iyana-Isolo along oshodi road.Igot mine today 11/7/2008.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by donzayd: 5:20pm On Jul 11, 2008
if u are in lagos, go to ZENITH BANK @ MARINA BESIDE UBA HOUSE, AJAH PARK CMS. i got mine 2day N2500, GOODLUCK
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by makavele: 7:00pm On Jul 11, 2008
For y'all who got the PIN: what's it like? How many digits long?
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 7:20pm On Jul 11, 2008
solmistry:

Hi guys,the pin code is available in Lagos at iyana-Isolo along oshodi road.Igot mine today 11/7/2008.

Abeg, where is the place at Iyana-Isolo? Is it a bank or what?
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by makavele: 7:23pm On Jul 12, 2008
SIT DOWN AND ASK, Lol
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2008
makavele:

SIT DOWN AND ASK, Lol

Hey Mr Man! What the heck are you insinuating? If you know you can be of no good, please take a walk. undecided
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by fatimar5(f): 10:56am On Jul 14, 2008
You don't need to read Text Book to pass screening test in UI,The problem is just for those who score 265 and above. If they can't defend the result. you have to be smart and be intelligent , read primary school text book and be smart. The question are like WHY CHOOSE UI AS UR FIRST CHOICE? Why choose the course? why not in another department? how many sides does a CuBE of Sugar have? if happen to enter into the interview Room and there's power outbreak you can simply help by opening the windows , and please read news papers so as to brush up your knowledge concerning current affairs, i could remember when the formal oyo state governor (ladoja) was impeached, a student of mine lied that he lives in lagos not ibadan because he arrived late to the interview , he was asked this question, WHAT HAPPEN TODAY IN IBADAN? he couldn't just believe he passed the interview. So Guys, nothing much in UI , you don't have to download 25 text books into your brain before you come for an interview in UI and mind you, your dressing code can even disqualify you . so therefore, dress simple and cool and don't forget to pray before comming.
Notice to all applicants, Its not yet time to fill a form and when its time to fill the form, you will be notified through the media( news papers, magazines) most especially The Punch news paper. if u hv questions, Email me here shegzyland003@yahoo.co.uk i will get you updated or send you my phone # and please no room for night calls. Thanks

shegzy is really right, u dint need to read the whole text books but notwithstanding u still av to read cos ba wasa ba. Am a uite to and when i was interviewed last year humh it wasn't funny Cos i had some distinctions so i was really bombarded with questions but u can still beat them. just watch out they will always give u clue to the answers and dont play too know cos if u do they will finish u. u know they are profs so there's no way u will play itk a go free. just be calm, cultured dint forget to greet them all properly, dress modest and smile. they are not demons so they wont kill u. they just want u to prove urself.

Also dint forget the place of prayer and be honest cos that is what they want if u dint know a question or u are confused just politely let them know u are confuse and they will give u clue or even change it.

DON'T PLAY OVER SABBI IF NOT U WILL NEED THE GRACE OF GOD TO BEAT THEM COS THEY WILL BRING U DOWN TO NOTHING. I WAS INFORMED B4 MY EXAMS AND WHEN I GOT THERE I SAW HOW THEY WERE WATCHING OUT 4 U TO PLAY MR. TOO KNOW AND THANK GOD I DIDN'T FALL PREY COS I TOOK TO ADVISE. SO U TOO DON'T FORGET OOOOOOOOOOO.

I hope to see u all in next session BGG.

BEST OF LUCK.

I av access to internet facility at least 4 some hrs of the day i will be in my office, so if u need any info just mail or chat with me on poshtimar5@yahoo.com.

Ishow how far. sorry i couldn't call again i av been very busy and I was "strong" 4 some time.
Don't forget the change of course form i told u I really need it.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by emmy4naira(m): 12:26pm On Jul 14, 2008
hello guys, l think we've gat ourselves a problem here 'cos this e-registration we are talking about closes on the 19th and l tell u my dear firends, we have not even been able to get the cards (at least for those of us that are not in lagos or ibadan) not to talk of the site that is not even opening, this is ridiculous and frustrating l tell u
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by fatimar5(f): 12:48pm On Jul 14, 2008
@Emmy4nairaland,

I will advise you to get someone to help u get it, or go to ibadan. dont look at the tp else u will loose it cos at that date if they mean to close it, they will. and nothing more.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by shegzy(m): 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2008
@ALL
I CAN HELP YOU GUYS TO GET THE PIN HERE IN IBADAN. CALL ME AND LET TALK ON PHONE , 
080SIX231SEVEN23FIVE OR EMAIL ME SHEGZYLAND003@YAHOO.CO.UK
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by taitee(f): 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2008
help!!!!!! i just checked ibadan's website nd dey said those awaiting may/june waec 4 dis year should not register wat am i gonna do. do i av a hope? will dey give us another chance to register? i didnt write gce last tear but my jamb is good. my email is wummyatme@yahoo.com
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by fatimar5(f): 8:52am On Jul 15, 2008
I think u guys need to pray hard that waec do something b4 19th and then u can also go to waec office and lay ur complaints and they will provide a way out. I think that was what most of us did last year when we had this problem.

Cos if you guys dont talk, they wont know your pains.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by dragnet: 10:13am On Jul 15, 2008
fatimar9, WAEC cant do anything. . .why?. .'cos the teachers that mark the scripts are on strike . . . .
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ishow2005(m): 4:31pm On Jul 15, 2008
@fatimar5
how far?well am still xpectin that u send the info i ask u to text to me.am in lag now and in fact i have been travlling here and there but hopefully by Gods grace i shd be in skool tomorrow wensday and i will be around tru out the break so am expectin and i appreciate all the post u ve made so far.tank u.as i was typin i just rememba how u r so anxious to resume and to know the skool fees then,thank God sha.greatest uite.Make sure u bring sometin for me from bida wen u dey come oh.me too i go make sure say den no demolish Queen elizabeth hall b4 u come.ok?
@all
Now that u r almost tru wit the filling of ur registration form, i want to urge u to try and calculate ur average score so as to see wat ur chances are like and note also that the very first list ui will release wil be merit list and after that they wil request all that apply but were not pick to apply for change of course, To be contd.

Wish all da best and once again do not pay anyone for ui admission they wil only chop ur money if u deseve or close to it u will get it wit prayer.
@shegcy
how far guy?r u still in skool cos i will be back tomorrow and u can text ur room nos at mellamby to me i go try to check on u.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by adewaleafolabi(m): 7:25pm On Jul 15, 2008
@fatimar5
Hi, longest time. You're feeling better now. By the way am in Economics what's your deptartment ?

For those yet to get their pins its available at the Zenith BAnk at Obanikoro Ilupeju.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by satisco(m): 5:40am On Jul 16, 2008
make una help me find the day for CRUTECH paost ume abeg
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 9:40am On Jul 16, 2008
adewaleafolabi:

@fatimar5
Hi, longest time. You're feeling better now. By the way am in Economics what's your deptartment ?

For those yet to get their pins its available at the Zenith BAnk at Obanikoro Ilupeju.

Thanks for the info, bro.I think the PIN is available in all branches of Zenith Bank, I was told so at a branch in Iyana Isolo, here in Lagos yesterday.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by okonsbaba(m): 3:04pm On Jul 16, 2008
I read on one of the dailies 2day(BUSINESS DAY) that University of Ibadan ain't gonna conduct a written aptitude test/Post UME this year, that it's gonna be an oral aptitude test. So my dear goodluck as u see ur self at the UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN.

Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by fatimar5(f): 5:03pm On Jul 16, 2008
@ishow,
am sure going to get u something but i think i av a prob with queens hall, they arent going to give us(200L) bedspace. I tried getting BQ but to no avail. though am still trying.

@adewaleafolabi
am fine now. I was in BIC but BGG will be in MBBS next session.

best of luck prospective uites!
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:32pm On Jul 16, 2008
okonsbaba:

I read on one of the dailies 2day(BUSINESS DAY) that University of Ibadan ain't going to conduct a written aptitude test/Post UME this year, that it's going to be an oral aptitude test. So my dear goodluck as u see your self at the UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN.

Men i tire o, UI has [size=16pt]NEVER[/size] conducted a WRITTEN APTITUDE TEST, it has always been oral, that's why its called INTERACTIVE SESSION.

@fatimar 5
See you in MBBS next seesion.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 8:37pm On Jul 16, 2008
Just 3 days to the close I've yet to get the PIN, the Zenith Bank which I had pin all my hope on said it has been discontinued ( the system was down the first time I went there) and it's not stated that it can be bought at the university itself, I guess it's game over on this one.
sad
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by adewaleafolabi(m): 8:58am On Jul 17, 2008
U1 don't give up yet, i'd go to the zenith bank around my area and find out if its still being sold.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:00am On Jul 17, 2008
Just coming from zenith bank. Same story its no longer available
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by fatimar5(f): 3:16pm On Jul 17, 2008
GUYS,

MY ADVISE TO U IS TO GO TO IBADAN FOR IT THE EARLIER THE BETTER NOW.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ishow2005(m): 4:14pm On Jul 17, 2008
am now in ui.ppl r gettin the pin at the first bank beside ui but the que is too long so i wouldnt know oh.
@fatimar5
i pray u make the mbbs n if u do then they shd be able to give u a bed space and i think u shd be able to get one now wit all ur connection i mean aunty connection.
@DE students
i was at the admission office 2day to make enquiry abt de(direct entry) for ui and i was told that there is notin on ground for now and that i shd check for next week so am planning to check back on tuesday so all Direct entry students to ui shd exercise patience.
And if u r thinkin of a direct entry into a law programme then i suggest u try ui cos ui wil be admittin more de law students into 200l this year cos there is no any not even one law student in 200l so they wil be using the de to balance the whole tin.so if u qualify think ui law.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by lekan89(m): 4:24pm On Jul 17, 2008
[color=#000099]pls can somebody tell me or help to calcute ma ume and waec result coz i dont no hw to to it i need help these are my result
UME JAMB.231
waec
English B3
mathematics B3
govt A1
commerce A1
yoruba C6
literature C4
economic C4
biology C4
anybody can help me to do the calculation may be i have faith in the this result[color=#990000]
[/color][/color]
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ishow2005(m): 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2008
well u din tell us the course u r goin for and they need just 5 out of those subjects and and ur jamb score wil be divided by 10
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ishow2005(m): 4:47pm On Jul 17, 2008
this is wat Naija mark wrote earlier on how to calculate the average score and he is right Hi everyone. I just read through your posts and since I have the information you all wanted, I decide to share.
Here is how the University of Ibadan calculates candidate's point for admission:

1. Your score in JAMB divided by 10. i.e if you score 270 in your UME just divide that by 10, this gives you a maximum of 40% and in this example it will be 27%

2. Write down your grades in in five relevant subjects. i.e English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology (for Engineering, Science Applicants, Medicine inclusive of course). While English and Maths is compulsory, choose other three (most likely, the three choice subjects you wrote in your Jamb)

3. For the five subjects above, calculate your O-Level point thus:
A1 , 6
B2 , 5
B3 , 4
C4 , 3
C5 , 2
C6 , 1
D7, E8, F9 , 0
Add-up your points for the five subjects and multiply your result by 2. This gives you a maximum of 60%

4. If you are Mr Brains and you have 400/400 in JAMB , that's 40%. And another A1 in 5 relevant subjects that's 5 * 6 * 2 = 60% which gives you a total of 100%.

Bingo! that's your point. If you calculate your point to something like say 60% man, you can go to sleep because UI will take such percent.
are u ok now lekan.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by princesa(f): 6:22pm On Jul 17, 2008
thank God today i have filled my form
hurray cheesy
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by olayinmol: 6:51pm On Jul 17, 2008
Av got mine @access bank dugbe
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 7:18pm On Jul 17, 2008
olayinmol:

Av got mine @access bank dugbe

Olayinmol, please do they still have it there?
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by olayinmol: 10:19pm On Jul 17, 2008
U1,u can still get it der,or union bank dugbe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Teacher Dances With Her Students On Assembly Ground, Netizens Hail Her As Video / See How Lazy Students Reason In Picture / How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.