Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,118 members, 7,939,503 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 07:18 AM

An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) - Literature (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) (324227 Views)

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / The Adjacent. A Crime Thriller / All In A Circle.....(A crime story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by kayemjay(m): 8:21am On Nov 04, 2013
Two weeks had passed. Sophia had been keeping tabs on the activities of GhostCorp. The General had ordered her to oversee affairs till he got back from sabbatical. She worked tirelessly, looking for clues and tracking every bit of intel she got from BeeHive. The Colonel seemed to be in no hurry. It had been sixteen days and he had not made a move yet. He had not left his supposed hideout. She could wait him out. She had all the time in the world. It was Sean and Eva that concerned her. They had been highly trained. They had risen through the ranks faster than anyone in the history of the Corporation. They most disturbing issue was the fact that they already knew too much.

Sophia stepped into her room after spending the whole day in the fortress, tightening the security, updating the firewalls and creating new anonymous drifters. Exhausted after a tedious day, she didn’t bother with the usual routine bath and Jacuzzi. She just kicked off her loafers and lay on the bed face down. Just then her phone rang. She grudgingly went to her bag that was on the bedside table and took out the phone. She opened the message that came in. It was from Bee Hive.

“Targets found.”

The location of Sean and Eva had been identified. That was the best news she had heard in a while. She got up at the speed of light and went back to the fortress. She entered the mission room and waited for the door to shut behind her. The room was very dark. She brought her palm to her face. She could not see a thing. She waited a few seconds, straining her sharp ears and listening for any foreign sounds. At this time her eyes had acclimatized to the darkness and she could now see the outline of her fingers. When she was satisfied that she was alone, she snapped her fingers and said audibly:

“It’s a lovely day.”

“Password accepted. Welcome Agent S.” An electronic voice replied.

The huge room came to life. The previously dimmed lights gradually came on. There were three huge 60-inch touch screen computers on each wall.

Sophia folded her arms across her chest and moved to the screen to her left.

“What do we have Ope?” Sophia asked.

A small box appeared at the top corner of the screen showing a video of Ope in his tiny office. There were cans of soda scattered across his table. The remaining part of the screen changed, now showing a map.

“Good evening ma’am. Sorry to drag you out at this time.” Ope replied smiling.

“Save the pleasantries Ope and cut to the chase. What do you have for me?” Sophia said curtly.

“Eva got careless. We intercepted an online payment she made for a ticket to the premier of a movie at the Galleria. She used her mother’s maiden name during the transaction and a Master Card that she had not used in four years. Our Saturn-Extreme 145 satellite got the hit and intercepted the server, declining her request. She tried several times giving us the needed time to scrutinize details and complete tracking. On the fifth try, we were able to get her location.” Ope replied.

“Where is she?” Sophia asked.

“Our coordinates indicate that she is on the outskirts of the state. Abule Egba to be precise. However, I have a strong feeling that she is not alone.” Ope replied.

“Leave the feeling to me agent. Anything else I need to know?” Sophia asked.

“Asides the information on the movie premiere, I have nothing new to tell ma’am” Ope answered.

“Tell me about the Premiere.” Sophia said.

“Please look to the screen behind you.” Ope answered.

Sophia obeyed and turned. On the screen there were images of the Galleria and the Cinema section of the building. Ope showed her the exits, the viewing rooms, the reception and the red carpet area. He suggested possible vantage posts and also explained the possible movement of people in the cinema. They went through it a few times together. When Sophia had memorized it all, she asked Ope about the possibility of an assault while she’s mobile.

“I had thought about that option too but it is too complicated. We do not know how much help she has and how many people she would be with. I strongly suggest we move cautiously and approach with tact.” Ope advised.

Sophia thought about what Ope had said for a few minutes and agreed with him. It would be foolish to act hastily without knowing what the odds were. She nodded.

“Thank you Ope. Good Job. I will contact you with the details as soon as I am done.” She said.

Ope’s image disappeared and the screen went white. Sophia tapped the screen twice and a touchpad appeared. She had to reconfigure and change the codes, passwords and settings as she had just used them. She made sure that there was always a different code for each day and always tweaked the settings. When she was done, she shut down the computers manually and left the mission room.

The Colonel was seriously studying a tracking device he held on his left hand while Eva sat beside him, trying to get tickets for the movie premiere. Sean sat across the room, checking the .45 automatic pistol he loved to carry around. He cleaned the cartridges with a white rag, watching the Colonel closely.

“The card is not working. The portal is rejecting it.” Eva said to the Colonel complaining.

“The portal is not rejecting it. Someone from GhostCorp has intercepted the signal and is now tracking your card.” The Colonel said.

“Damn! I need to stop now!” Eva panicked.

“No girl. Don’t stop. That is the plan. We need to let them think we have been careless. Let them track you. I am monitoring the intercepting signals from here too. If they get to you, we get to them. Keep going Eva.” The Colonel said with authority.

Eva looked back at Sean seeking for reassurance. Sean laughed and nodded at her. She tried again and again until she was allowed to get it.

Just then the device in the Colonel’s hand beeped.

“They’ve got us. But we got them first.” The Colonel said.

days back when they attended the premier of a movie at the Cinemas in Victoria Island. They were attending as a couple and were all smiles as they got interviewed on the red carpet. As the Video Jockey interviewed Eva who was holding on to Sean’s arm, Sophia walked in to the Galleria. She was dressed in a beautiful red short sleeved gown which accentuated her curves. She wore light make up and her beautiful face shone in the illumination of the room. However, she was not alone.

There were a few agents in the room in strategic positions and a handful outside the building. Sophia wore a gold necklace with a golden Versace head pendant. It was not just a pendant. It was a tiny but powerful indoor camera. The agents in a black ford van six buildings away from the

2 Likes

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by sconp: 8:27am On Nov 04, 2013
Nice one kay. But abeg dey try update according to plan.
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by sconp: 8:28am On Nov 04, 2013
monachy:
why can't he send it? don't the phone have Bluetooth? if you van comment now, what stops you from updating it? or is network against the update?

it is not
Nobody paid him to use his passion to toy with our time and feelings

my thoughts doesn't get derailed when am angry, that's a quality I boast of. By the way, it doesn't take one year for an adult to behave like a child .
Infant I dnt want to start exchanging unwarranted words with you. so just stop the excuse.
bros if after all the whole excuses and beggings they have given and you are still annoyed. Pls there is a button down this page it is called the un-follow button just click on it or second option go and write your own story. grin

3 Likes

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by kayemjay(m): 8:29am On Nov 04, 2013
Now if you notice, after the last line there is a paragraph of not arranged thoughts. I had to cut the story at the point i did because I HAD TO UPDATE.

I had strings of thoughts, ideas that were flowing in my head but I decided to cut it there. If I did not I might not have been able to update. Which was yesterday.

I was in my mum's place for the weekend to put a few family issues in check. I did not have time on my hands. Power supply in Asolo, Ikorodu is a no go area. Generator? Bad coil. I managed the 3hour battery life on my laptop to type that update. I deliberately included the last paragraph to let you guys know that I had more to write but, time and other circumstances would not let me. ALL FOR MY PHONE TO GO BAD.

I WILL COMPLETE THIS STORY.

And for my other sexuality story, once I am done here, I will finish that up and TAKE A LOOONG BREAK.

I am not being proud, pls dont get me wrong. But I think I am the only person who gives a SPECIFIC TIME I would update. No other person does that. When I started, I was on leave. I did not even think I would come this far. I ALWAYS HAVE YOU GUYS AT HEART. ALWAYS.

Sometimes, I get so tired and frustrated, but I remember that I have some people to feed on NL and my day brightens up. I try to write. Believe me it is not easy. It is not.

I head IT in a school. The biggest school in Lagos with over 7 branches spread across the state. IT IS NOT A JOKE.

Please bear with me when issues arise. If I get a block, or do not feel like updating, I will say so.

I love you all.

Thanks for understanding.

Still, I write.

6 Likes

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by spaq: 8:34am On Nov 04, 2013
Tnx for d update Kay..

Still i follow.....
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by gennysq(f): 8:37am On Nov 04, 2013
Weldone Oga! Buh pls update more Ooº°˚ ˚°
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Winnie1950(f): 8:37am On Nov 04, 2013
Thanks for this beautiful piece of creativity. When i watched nikita, i thought i had seen creativity and intelligence at it's peak but this has proved to me that the producers of nikita are still learners. Welldone sir!

1 Like

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by donkross1(m): 8:48am On Nov 04, 2013
#kmj gbayi broda. #beesquezy I gbadun d way u hold d fort for kay back. #monarch hmmm u sef try, dem no know say na notice me u been play. Morning err1

1 Like

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 04, 2013
grin
Beesqueezy:

You're a fool for "waiting for †ђε update".

shebi u dey there dey yarn dust? And now you're waiting for update? You should be ashamed of your miserable self. I thought I told you never to visit this thread? You kept †ђε thread busy. I see how jobless you are.

Thunder faya you there this godly Monday morning!!!
haha haha what i expected from a thoughtless lady. pitiable how u insult in public. this just show what you are. By d way, you can't chase me out of here not even seun ... the thread is to good to be left alone for people like you.

2 Likes

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by kayemjay(m): 9:04am On Nov 04, 2013
@don kross: Osey baba. Ori e wambe.

@Winnie1950: You flatter me. Thanks a lot dearie. Kisses.

@gennysq: Thanks mummy. I will try my best. Muah!

@spaq: Follow me and I shall make you fishers of ... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin grin
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by kayemjay(m): 9:07am On Nov 04, 2013
@Monarch, I don update o. And please, I know you don't like what Bee said, but its not polite to talk back at a lady. You know na.

@bee and @monarch

Wetin dey worry two of una? Oya make una enter bedroom go finish the war.

grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 04, 2013
thank you Bro. now u cum. but God forbid I enter bedroom with her. nice update. nw I can rest.
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Yettocome(m): 9:13am On Nov 04, 2013
Kay. I now know you are a matured guy. God bless you bro. I will start an action story soonest based on your inspiro. Badoo.... But I still maintain, you don't owe anybody any explanation. If dem dey vex, make dem go write dem own story.... Doff hats and short and carries all around.......

1 Like

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by emsheddy(m): 9:18am On Nov 04, 2013
nice one bro. Btw y did u stop dis update half way nah? Its not ur style oh. All the same thanks and keep up the great job. U r my best
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by kayemjay(m): 9:25am On Nov 04, 2013
emsheddy: nice one bro. Btw y did u stop dis update half way nah? Its not ur style oh. All the same thanks and keep up the great job. U r my best

Thanks bro. No be my fault sir. I will remedy it sir.

Yettocome: Kay. I now know you are a matured guy. God bless you bro. I will start an action story soonest based on your inspiro. Badoo.... But I still maintain, you don't owe anybody any explanation. If dem dey vex, make dem go write dem own story.... Doff hats and short and carries all around.......

*winks*
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by kayemjay(m): 9:41am On Nov 04, 2013
Now, I am getting a brainwave.

I am thinking the Galleria should be where the 'last fight' is. It is going to be where everything will end. People will die, trusts will be betrayed and loyalties tested.

What do you guys think?

1 Like

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Atk01(f): 9:53am On Nov 04, 2013
This is my first time to comment. Fantastic story Kay, you are simply the best. Ride on...
*waiting patiently for the next update*
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Diekola17(f): 10:16am On Nov 04, 2013
hmmm nyc one Kayemje... always on point. pls can u borrow me ur brain?
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by m003: 10:18am On Nov 04, 2013
Beesqueezy:

You're a fool for "waiting for †ђε update".

shebi u dey there dey yarn dust? And now you're waiting for update? You should be ashamed of your miserable self. I thought I told you never to visit this thread? You kept †ђε thread busy. I see how jobless you are.

Thunder faya you there this godly Monday morning!!!
GOD bless u sis e b like say u dey my mind

1 Like

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by m003: 10:21am On Nov 04, 2013
kayemjay: Now, I am getting a brainwave.

I am thinking the Galleria should be where the 'last fight' is. It is going to be where everything will end. People will die, trusts will be betrayed and loyalties tested.

What do you guys think?

errm let some body die but it should not end in d Galleria abeg, biko, joor, don Allah
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by kayemjay(m): 10:34am On Nov 04, 2013
m003: errm let some body die but it should not end in d Galleria abeg, biko, joor, don Allah
Okay sha.

It wont end at the Galleria. But somebody gast to die.
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by ladyfeli(f): 10:48am On Nov 04, 2013
Am so l8!!!!!! Strted dis stori 4rm chistar's blog. Gud wrk
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by ladyfeli(f): 10:49am On Nov 04, 2013
Am so l8!!!!!! Strted dis stori 4rm chistar's blog. Gud wrk. Lemme go n continue 4rm wia i stopped

1 Like

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by babyzai(f): 11:02am On Nov 04, 2013
Good morning Oga Kay nd kudos to u on a job well done. I always av a good laugh weneva i cme here nd find no update cos comments nd replies wld be rib cracking bt its all gud,it just shows pple ar really into ur work.
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by spaq: 11:26am On Nov 04, 2013
kayemjay:

@spaq: Follow me and I shall make you fishers of ... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin grin grin grin

complete am na...

Sha no fall hand today o kiss kiss
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by MedKen: 11:31am On Nov 04, 2013
Kay Baba like i once told u there are few intelligent fellows in this country and u happen to belong to that rare species....of a truth truth i admire ur inteligence n ability to co-ordinate ur imagination into something so entizn

I knw the hurt u feel wen it seems like u r nt being appreciated by ur fans but lets take an example from football. Though u dnt pay d club u fan a dime but u feel so bad wen they lose a match or wen they fail to deliver...thats d exact feeling some of us get.

Behind every succesful man there is a good n encouragn lady but OGA i believe to much of everythn is bad n that there is a boundary to everythn.personaly i thnk in here she shud be a fan n nt a co-owner cos if it were to be like that d rift btwn her n MONACHY wudnt hav surfaced.Cos there is an extent to what a lady can take n wen thns dnt go her way she may hav to explode. All her encouragement shud end at home

Bee, u hav been doing a nice job repn kay but most times allow him to take the excuses himself and wen he cant then leave it that way so some ppl wnt thnk sthn fishy going on. I knw u tried so hard to be nice but ur verbal abuse to ur guys fan n even telln him to leave d tread is way way out of it....sometimes its best to keep quiet than air ur anger

sir kay u r doing just well in grammer, spelling,arrangement and in suspence(BP)...may ur pot of inspiration never run dry

hope i dnt offend anyone

2 Likes

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 04, 2013
Thanks MedKen..
I'm usually not one to go on such outbursts.. But Monarch pushed me beyond my limits.. I tried all I could to be nice, but he just wouldn't be pleased.. And he went on to insult me.

About letting Kay work, he usually asks me to help him reach out to his fans when there are issues and he's unable to reach y'all himself.. Never posted on his behalf without him asking me to..

Thanks all †ђε same, I appreciate this.

3 Likes

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Ormorlehwah(f): 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
Kay, U too much. Tanc 4 making mai dæ, interesting!
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by MzLakore(f): 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
Nice update kay....u rock
@bee I hail u jare.....in terms of update n been specific n sincere. Wif fans. Kay lo lese.....
@mona pele ti e
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Sexitee03(f): 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
Wow, where was I when all the drama was going on? Oh, yes it was my birthday and I had a big party!! On that note, I would like to thank everyone that wished me HBD here and those who were shy and sent me mails, most of all, kev and rock5555 who dedicated a story to me! Thanks,

@bee, I salute your courage and loyalty to kay and this thread, it's worthy of admiration and what greater love can a man ask for? Also, thanks for the birthday wishes.

@monachy, it's not nice to talk back at a lady when all she was trying to do was to help.... It was rude.

@fans, like we were taught in literature and radio school "the mind of a reader/listener is racy" what this means is that, we know you are impatient with writers, you always want to get to the last part as fast as possible! There's nothing wrong with that, it's just that writers r human and things does happens. @people that thought @bee was lying, no she wasn't, I know this for a fact because @kay missed my birthday party yesterday cow he didn't get my e-invitation and I tried his number all day it wasn't available and also, he lost a family yesterday..... I guess you didn't know that.... So please let's all be patient.. It would be well.

@kay, continue wih the good work sweets, the good lord will see us thru.
finally @yettocome, where have you been? No happy birthday from my writer son. We go see in camera.
Thank you all for being a fan of AEWE.

1 Like

Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by Therock5555(m): 2:25pm On Nov 04, 2013
*scratches bear bear and sit down for 8pm* i hope sometin go fit dey.

Chai i don forget say i been dey update for my thread ooo.

*runs with his wheelbarrow before kingphilip catches me*

thumbs up to Kay and Bee- abeg send me una wedding card when its time o, i must Know Lagos by then.... *evil laugh* heheheheheh
Re: An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) by may01(f): 2:28pm On Nov 04, 2013
If y'all had seen the way i screamed when i saw this update,people think say i don craze.Kevin no go kill me oo..Tnx for the update ,u just made my morning grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (78) (Reply)

[story] My Life As A Yahoo Boy / Twine (A Drama Series) / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.