Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,560 members, 7,888,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:24 PM

''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World (14244 Views)

Dangote Listed Among World’s 50 Most Influential Persons / The Notorious Boko Haram Kingpin Who Was Arrested Today By The Army..photos / Okonjo-iweala Listed Among 50 Greatest World Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by Prettytimah(f): 10:02am On Sep 03, 2013
.......smh
Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 03, 2013
Youngtekkey: oga shut up oooooo na wetin u see u go talk oooooo i know of area boys that are confirm gangstar ooooo and they get suffisticated gun like K2 so no talk rubbish it's just dat majority are riff rat but there are still some educated bad boyz THAT ARE NIGGA'S IN THEIR MIDST

Deluded goon!

Tell them I said they ain't about that life! undecided
Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by Aromas: 10:06am On Sep 03, 2013
I like dis country in d sense dat nah every den recognize us okay o area boy's noni
Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by Samxiulee: 10:10am On Sep 03, 2013
Weird_Me: This post is obviously a result of ineffective research.
I just dnt understand the kind of journalists coming out this days.
Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by Chigorkizz(m): 10:17am On Sep 03, 2013
Tins BABURU.
Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by anonimi: 10:20am On Sep 03, 2013
Predictable!!!
The result of 14 years of neglecting the education of children in Lagos under Tinubu & Fashola.
In the SEEMING rush to become "1st world" the ACN administrations have left out the BASIC ingredient- HUMAN resources!

Omo ti a ko ba ko ni o ma gbe ile ti a ko ta- The unbuilt (untrained) child will seel the houses that we are building

It is noteworthy that in Britain where a number of ACN supporters here on NL are resident, education is free and COMPULSORY for children aged 5-16.
Even here in the Western region, education was free and COMPULSORY for primary school kids under Awo's Premiership (1954-1960) while the UPN governors for four years (1979-1983) expanded the free schools PLUS TEXTBOOKS to secondary school level in Lagos, Ogun, Osun, (old) Bendel & Ondo states.

1 Like

Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by iconaus: 10:22am On Sep 03, 2013
mikeoh: Yoruba boys again givin us bad name
Fashola oya oh deport them to the ocean
moderator abeg o no hid my post
..freedom of spech

On point lol
Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by numericalguy(m): 10:24am On Sep 03, 2013
OP, what's their position on the table, besides I don't think arear boys are as organised as you are puting it.
What indices did you use to come to such a conclussion.
Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by iconaus: 10:26am On Sep 03, 2013
I guess this thread will be short because of the origin of area boys
Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by juman(m): 10:27am On Sep 03, 2013
One nigeria fails the masses.
Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by oduaman: 10:33am On Sep 03, 2013
anonimi: Predictable!!!
The result of 14 years of neglecting the education of children in Lagos under Tinubu & Fashola.
In the SEEMING rush to become "1st world" the ACN administrations have left out the BASIC ingredient- HUMAN resources!

It is noteworthy that in Britain where a number of ACN supporters here on NL are resident, education is free and COMPULSORY for children aged 5-16.
Even here in the Western region, education was free and COMPULSORY for primary school kids under Awo's Premiership (1954-1960) while the UPN governors for four years (1979-1983) expanded the free schools PLUS TEXTBOOKS to secondary school level in Lagos, Ogun, Osun, (old) Bendel & Ondo states.
Shut up the phuck up fool how did fashola and tinubu come into the subject of discussion,
It's like dreaming about them day and night is already making you go physco.
Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by jydux(m): 10:35am On Sep 03, 2013
They must be high on that good stuff if they think there are only 35000 area boys in Lagos
Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 03, 2013
grin grin
Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by franksheggs(m): 10:44am On Sep 03, 2013
haaa :ohaaa
Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by nenergy(m): 10:50am On Sep 03, 2013
Please what is the literal meaning of Agbero?
Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by anonimi: 10:51am On Sep 03, 2013
odua man: Shut up the phuck up fool how did fashola and tinubu come into the subject of discussion,
It's like dreaming about them day and night is already making you go physco.

I will have to do a RTS- Return to Sender of your above post.
You obviously did not read the OP in your rush to insult me. You are forgiven and as I am very generously charitable at this moment I have reproduced the OP for your reading pleasure and comprehension.

jayon:

https://www.nairaland.com/1423057/area-boys-listed-among-notorious#17853389

Territory: Lagos, Nigeria
Criminal activities: Drug trafficking, extortion, murder, inciting riots
Number of members: 35,000

Over the past three decades, Nigeria’s Area Boys have gone from young kids committing crimes of opportunity to a massive if still largely unorganized street gang responsible for acts of extortion and murder.
Local authorities, who have made a number of failed humanitarian attempts to eliminate the gang, tie the rising level of violence to a depressed economy, high unemployment and the increasing prevalence of drug addiction among the gang’s members.

http://www.askmen.com/top_10/entertainment/top-10-notorious-gangs_10.html

I hope you know who has been in charge for Lagos STATE the past 14 years.
If you don't, kindly signify by raising up your right hand and I will oblige you with the answer sharp, sharp grin grin

2 Likes

Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by oduaman: 10:54am On Sep 03, 2013
anonimi:

I will have to do a RTS- Return to Sender of your above post.
You obviously did not read the OP in your rush to insult me. You are forgiven and as I am very generously charitable at this moment I have reproduced the OP for your reading pleasure and comprehension.

I hope you know who has been in charge for Lagos STATE the past 14 years.
If you don't, kindly signify by raising up your right hand and I will oblige you with the answer sharp, sharp grin grin
All southwestern states have area boys so talk another thing,abi acn too don dey power for 14 years there also bloody freaking liar.

1 Like

Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by anonimi: 11:03am On Sep 03, 2013
odua man: All southwestern states have area boys so talk another thing,abi acn too don dey power for 14 years there also bloody freaking liar.

Na real wah for you oh!
Who chase you comot for ya bed this morning
Because e be like sey you nor wan see clear well well.
Read the OP again. It clearly says LAGOS.
What else do you need
Instead of doing aje egbodo nwa eni kunra by roping all south west to your Lagos palava just ask Fashola to address the problem of Area boys arising out of his neglect of education for children all these years. He has less than two years remaining for him to make amends!!!
Why is that so difficult for you to do
Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by anonimi: 11:05am On Sep 03, 2013
nenergy: Please what is the literal meaning of Agbero?

Garage/Motor park touts.

1 Like

Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 03, 2013
nenergy: Please what is the literal meaning of Agbero?
A,Gbe and Ero.

A means we,GBE means to carry while ERO means crowd or gathering. So AGBERO means "WE CARRY PASSENGERS ". Note that Passengers can also mean crowd of people waiting at the bus stop or car park for bus or cabs.

If you wanna identify who an Agbero is, they always wear yellow uniform and shout OWO DA to bus drivers.

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by oduaman: 11:09am On Sep 03, 2013
anonimi:

Na real wah for you oh!
Who chase you comot for ya bed this morning
Because e be like sey you nor wan see clear well well.
Read the OP again. It clearly says LAGOS.
What else do you need
Instead of doing aje egbodo nwa eni kunra by roping all south west to your Lagos palava just ask Fashola to address the problem of Area boys arising out of his neglect of education for children all these years. He has less than two years remaining for him to make amends!!!
Why is that so difficult for you to do
do u remember gbenga daniel,alao akala,ayo fayose,oyinlola,agagu are they also acn,weren't they the one's using the area boy's as political thugs.why not blame them too
what if the article claimed lagos,answer my question is lagos the only state in nigeria with area boys.YES/NO
Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 03, 2013
While it is true that every great metropolis has its own underworld of street gangs, who control a section of the informal economy, I am not sure the ragtag of 'area boy' outfits in Nigeria have achieve anything near the level of infamy mentioned in that article.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbK4tMhAMRE
Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by roxell120(m): 11:25am On Sep 03, 2013
ShymmexLion: Who are "area boys?"

The name alone sounds like hungry riff-raff more than anything else. I guess they had to put them on list show to follow the same story-line about Africa being hell on earth.

Can these they hack it against vicious shooters? And how many of them run around with guns bigger than lil bow wow? undecided
u dont ve to look far especially here in lagos.from my viewpoint here in orile iganmu, bale street precisely, I can see starn nd angry looking youngmen shouting down a truck driver for a compulsory N200.its like dat on every street. street terrorists
Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 03, 2013
odua man: do u remember gbenga daniel,alao akala,ayo fayose,oyinlola,agagu are they also acn,weren't they the one's using the area boy's as political thugs.why not blame them too
what if the article claimed lagos,answer my question is lagos the only state in nigeria with area boys.YES/NO
Ori eyin, se iwo ni? you're sounding like a typical agbero on the streets. I hope you ain't the one with this moniker.
Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 03, 2013

1 Like

Re: ''Area Boys'' Listed Among Notorious Gangs In The World by oduaman: 11:32am On Sep 03, 2013
berem: Ori eyin, se iwo ni? you're sounding like a typical agbero on the streets. I hope you ain't the one with this moniker.
Who the phuck is ori eyin:>:>

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lack Of Quorum Forces Senate To Adjourn Plenary. Only 10 Senators Present. / Kidnappers Made Resident Desert Imo Community Before DSS Raid / Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.