Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,123 members, 7,887,246 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:10 AM

A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. - Education (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. (44811 Views)

Oau Cut- Off Mark For Law 2012/2013 / 78 Year Old Awujale Of Ijebuland Enrols For Law At National Open University / Which University In Nigeria Is The Best For Law Mass Communication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 4:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
Great~Mind:

MO, is my name.
Course:Philosophy
School: UNIBEN
Level: Freshman.

Greetings to all the intellectuals in house.

@Fynest i see u. cool
welcome to one of the best thread on NL, am sure u wud enjoy it here..
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by gentlefada(m): 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
Fynestboi: i need this lil help from my law/philosophy brother/sister in the aus, i really need to get myself busy and i need books [novels, inspiration bks, philosophical books, law books [just in form of a novel and nt textbk or handout] just help me with names of the book then i would go get it.. thanks
finest go to this site www.e-booksdirectory.com/ for ebooks on law and philosophy. Also if u are interested in Grisham's novel (he is a legal writer) u can visit www.ebookbrowse.com and type grisham in the search box. U can try books like runaway jury, the rainmaker, the street lawyer, the appeal etc.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 4:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
gentlefada: finest go to this site www.e-booksdirectory.com/ for ebooks on law and philosophy. Also if u are interested in Grisham's novel (he is a legal writer) u can visit www.ebookbrowse.com and type grisham in the search box. U can try books like runaway jury, the rainmaker, the street lawyer, the appeal etc.
thanks so very much bro what abt those ones i can get in bookshop...
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Illuminatus(m): 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
gentlefada: finest go to this site www.e-booksdirectory.com/ for ebooks on law and philosophy. Also if u are interested in Grisham's novel (he is a legal writer) u can visit www.ebookbrowse.com and type grisham in the search box. U can try books like runaway jury, the rainmaker, the street lawyer, the appeal etc.
Thanks. I've been hearing about John but I am not yet ready to read him yet. I'm on Stephen King now.
But more importantly, I tried searching for an ebook about Legal Method or Theories of Law from the site and I didn't get anything. Help with where to get those?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Illuminatus(m): 9:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
Creative mind: Welcome great, i'm humbled by your submission. Thanks a lot and welcome to the world of the educated and learned. As for my brother interested in books, please law reports help a lot. The law student society of my school do launch law journals in honour of eminent Senior Advocates, Justices and Judges too. The book is responsible for a good percent of what i know about law. The likes of the first female SAN of Nigeria, Justice Legbo Kutigi, Justice Oguntade etc has been honoured with the book. You can meet some of those in the school to help you with each version launched. I think books from OAU, UNIBEN, UI and UNIZIK too are good. Not trying to say the mentioned schools are better. Only made my opinion known based on what I know about them. I have this book titled "JUSTICE FOR ALL AND BY ALL" too. It is a bitter pill for young advocates... A bitter pill with a great therapeutic effect. You can read on American Presidents too, i think there are spectacular things about all of them from which one can learn.
Happy Birthday to you. Hope you had like twenty-six (I'm guessing that's how old you aretongue) of fun.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by lanaVello1(m): 9:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
1.getting ll.B as your first degree and going for your masters in philosophy
2.getting your first degree in philosophy and going for your LL.M as your 2nd degree
which of the two above is possible?
and which is better?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by gentlefada(m): 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
lana_Vello: 1.getting ll.B as your first degree and going for your masters in philosophy
2.getting your first degree in philosophy and going for your LL.M as your 2nd degree
and which is better?
the two options are possible. In my opinion the second option is better it gives ur mind the maturity and mindset that it needs to study a course like law. Philosophy is like law in abstract. So studing phl before law would expose u to things like structure of argument, logic, philosophy of law (jurisprudence), meta physics etc. All the aformentioned are essential in forming a great lawyer.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by gentlefada(m): 9:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
Illuminatus:
Thanks. I've been hearing about John but I am not yet ready to read him yet. I'm on Stephen King now.
But more importantly, I tried searching for an ebook about Legal Method or Theories of Law from the site and I didn't get anything. Help with where to get those?
you might not be able to find legal method testbook online cause its peculiar to Nigeria, but u can try to look for learning the law by lord denning(its an introductory book to law). You can try searching under the philosophy section for books on theories of law. Look for books that talk about jurisprudence.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
gentlefada: the two options are possible. In my opinion the second option is better it gives ur mind the maturity and mindset that it needs to study a course like law. Philosophy is like law in abstract. So studing phl before law would expose u to things like structure of argument, logic, philosophy of law (jurisprudence), meta physics etc. All the aformentioned are essential in forming a great lawyer.
thanks for this, want to ask sum1 wud obtain LLM, can such go to NLS? Or is it only for LLB?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by ayoolar011(m): 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
Graduated with a degree in History early this year, Buh I always wanted to read law, can anybody give me tips on what steps to take and possibly school that I can apply to, cos I have been applying for like two years now and still no result. Now that I'm through with my first degree, I want to give it a shot. And intend going in through UTME. pls help thanx
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by gentlefada(m): 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
Fynestboi: thanks for this, want to ask sum1 wud obtain LLM, can such go to NLS? Or is it only for LLB?
sorry i got ur post confused. Dont think the second option is possible but u can get an LLB as a second degree after studing philosophy. u get admitted to the NLS with ur LLB... Got ur post so wrong so disregard my previous post.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
Illuminatus:
Happy Birthday to you. Hope you had like twenty-six (I'm guessing that's how old you aretongue) of fun.
Haba!
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by gentlefada(m): 10:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
ayoolar011: Graduated with a degree in History early this year, Buh I always wanted to read law, can anybody give me tips on what steps to take and possibly school that I can apply to, cos I have been applying for like two years now and still no result. Now that I'm through with my first degree, I want to give it a shot. And intend going in through UTME. pls help thanx
there are two options available to u which are:
1) write jamb again and get admitted for law.
2) apply for a second degree and study law for four years instead of five (note that this might be difficult as it entail u having a good grade in ur first degree and being connected in the case of some skuls).
Good luck bro
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 10:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
gentlefada: sorry i got ur post confused. Dont think the second option is possible but u can get an LLB as a second degree after studing philosophy. u get admitted to the NLS with ur LLB... Got ur post so wrong so disregard my previous post.
ok let me rephrase

i mean afta obtaing the philosophy degree [B.A] and i later apply for master in LAW so after the master can i be call to Law school dats wat am asking.. Or is law school meant for only first degree graduate of law i.e LLB
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by gentlefada(m): 10:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
Fynestboi: ok let me rephrase

i mean afta obtaing the philosophy degree [B.A] and i later apply for master in LAW so after the master can i go be called to Law school dats wat am asking..
noooo. Thats not possible u need LLB for NLS
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
gentlefada: noooo. Thats not possible u need LLB for NLS
thats what i want to clarify and without going to NLS such is nt a LAWYER yet?

Now if i want to be a barrister, san, etc and am currently studying philosophy, so it means i would have to re-write JAMB and start from part 1 again..
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by zezeny: 10:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
lana_Vello: 1.getting ll.B as your first degree and going for your masters in philosophy
and which is better?
The two are not d same. The first option can make u a Lawyer while d second option cannot. So, it depends on which career u wish. If u wish to be a lawyer, den disregard d second option, cos u can only be admitted into NLS with ur LL.B degree and not LL.M alone. GOODLUCK.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
zezeny:
cos u can only be admitted into NLS with ur LL.B degree and LL.M alone. GOODLUCK.
LL.M alone meaning? I Can go to NLS with my LL.M?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by zezeny: 10:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
ayoolar011: Graduated with a degree in History early this year, Buh I always wanted to read law, can anybody give me tips on what steps to take and possibly school that I can apply to, cos I have been applying for like two years now and still no result. Now that I'm through with my first degree, I want to give it a shot. And intend going in through UTME. pls help thanx
As someone rightly said, u av two options: sit for jamb or get a direct entry form. As per prefferd skools to choose, no law school is not good in Nigeria. But jst make sure such skool is certified by d council for legal education ( the professional body regulating law education in Nigeria) to avoid being deprived of d law skool, as dere are many illegal law faculties in Nigeria dese days. So, BEWARE!!! By d way, which skool did u do ur History?
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by gentlefada(m): 10:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
Fynestboi: thats what i want to clarify and without going to NLS such is nt a LAWYER yet?

Now if i want to be a barrister, san, etc and am currently studying philosophy, so it means i would have to re-write JAMB and start from part 1 again..
or just finish studing the philosophy and apply for a second degree. Again this is subject to some conditions like good result and connection.....
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by ayoolar011(m): 10:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
zezeny:
As someone rightly said, u av two options: sit for jamb or get a direct entry form. As per prefferd skools to choose, no law school is not good in Nigeria. But jst make sure such skool is certified by d council for legal education ( the professional body regulating law education in Nigeria) to avoid being deprived of d law skool, as dere are many illegal law faculties in Nigeria dese days. So, BEWARE!!! By d way, which skool did u do ur History?

Uniabuja
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by ayoolar011(m): 10:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
gentlefada: there are two options available to u which are:
1) write jamb again and get admitted for law.
2) apply for a second degree and study law for four years instead of five (note that this might be difficult as it entail u having a good grade in ur first degree and being connected in the case of some skuls).
Good luck bro
Thanx bro. Really do appreciate
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Illuminatus(m): 10:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
gentlefada: you might not be able to find legal method testbook online cause its peculiar to Nigeria, but u can try to look for learning the law by lord denning(its an introductory book to law). You can try searching under the philosophy section for books on theories of law. Look for books that talk about jurisprudence.
A link would be most thankful, Comrade...
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by ayoolar011(m): 10:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
zezeny:

Tnx so much,
But another thing is that it's quite hard to get admitted,
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Illuminatus(m): 10:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
Creative mind: Boss i'm just 23 o.
Okay. Sorry for the premature aging. How did you celebrate? Do I get a corner piece of the cake?cheesy.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by godlovesyou(m): 10:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
waiting for my name to appear either on law or philosophy list,deficiency of 11 marks for law and beating philosophy by 7 marks...
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 11:14pm On Oct 02, 2013
gentlefada: Again this is subject to some conditions like good result and connection.....
whch is subject to some condition??
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Fynestboi: 11:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
godlovesyou: waiting for my name to appear either on law or philosophy list,deficiency of 11 marks for law and beating philosophy by 7 marks...
whch uni??
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 3:35am On Oct 03, 2013
Fynestboi: welcome to one of the best thread on NL, am sure u wud enjoy it here..

Yeah, Thanks.

I trust I would.
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by Nobody: 3:49am On Oct 03, 2013
Creative mind: Welcome great, i'm humbled by your submission. Thanks a lot and welcome to the world of the educated and learned.

Thanks sir,

Lest I forget, this is wishing u the very best in ur NLS studies.

@zezeny, @gentlefada, and other law folks in house (both aspiring & learning), I guess ur next in the NLS line.

Cheers!
Re: A Thread For Law And Philosophy Undergraduates, Graduate and Aspirant. by zezeny: 7:04am On Oct 03, 2013
Fynestboi: LL.M alone meaning? I Can go to NLS with my LL.M?
NO! It was a typographical error. I meant "with your LL.B and not LL.M alone." You can't go to d Nigerian Law School with jst an LL.M degree, u need an LL.B degree. Hope u got dat right.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply)

Lecturing Grades Levels In Nigeria / FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala / Nostalgic Vintage Pictures of old Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.