Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,896 members, 7,876,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:27 PM

Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) (26424 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS / Troops Recover Eight More Towns In Yobe, Adamawa. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 08, 2013
basilo101:
Nigerians r deceiving themselves. Only Aba n Nnewi have indigeneous technology n craftmen. Dats hw d Asian tigers emerged. All these big foreign owned companies siting in a regiön only help 2 impoverish dem d more while dey rejoice over GDP.

my dear, with this,there is no point replying all those goons up there.
Aba and nnewi are the pride of d nation in terms of Nigeria's indigenous technology.
If anybody think they are not producing anything , then we can all agree that Nigeria has not started anything, SIMPLE AND SHORT.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 08, 2013
basilo101:
Nigerians r deceiving themselves. Only Aba n Nnewi have indigeneous technology n craftmen. Dats hw d Asian tigers emerged. All these big foreign owned companies siting in a regiön only help 2 impoverish dem d more while dey rejoice over GDP.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by securi: 1:25pm On Sep 08, 2013
It really amazingly disturbing how every discussion on nairaland turns to tribal issues/war. I really don't understand the motives behind this, it really confirm that Nigeria is a mistake, we're indeed not meant to be together. Someone came up with his own views of emerging booming towns&the initial real concern is his basis until it suddenly changed into a tribal issue just because someone out of ignorant, is using unconfirmed (because it debunked by someone who visited the store recently) story of low Shoprite patronage in Ibadan to conclude on the develop status of the City compared to Enugu, Uyo, Aba etc. The fact is all these cities are far from being called developed in the real sense, and that we are fighting ourselves defending development that exist only in our imagination instead of holding our politicians wasting our resources responsible and accountable.How many times have you read such degrading arguement in international sites. I think we need to change our orientation and go after value adding courses instead of the usual degrading and humiliating underage inter-tribal riivalry I see here everyday.
[quote author=ngozievergreen][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2013
There comes 'playing of the victim card'.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by GooseBaba: 4:09am On Sep 09, 2013
anulaxad:

Look at yourself,yes i have been to somalia,you very senseless, i mean every single country that i have been no matter how poor or rich has developed some sort of first class infrastructure except nigeria even somalia(mogadishu),and wait do you even know what sustainability means,do not use long grammar if you have no idea what you are saying,it means when you maintain or redevelop something to make it have a higher life span or better energy efficiency.

Now you have to elaborate on your stu..pidity. From first class infrastructure in Somalia to this rubbish. Guy waka...!
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by anulaxad(m): 7:05am On Sep 13, 2013
GooseBaba:

Now you have to elaborate on your stu..pidity. From first class infrastructure in Somalia to this rubbish. Guy waka...!

Firstly you need to correct your grammar.But I will also advise you to go to school again,you stink of illiteracy.

NOW IF YOU CANNOT READ I WILL EXPLAIN WHAT I SAID.I SAID SOMALIA HAS DEVELOPED AT LEAST SOME SORT OF WORLD CLASS INFRASTRUCTURE,EXAMPLE:IN THE SEAFRONT OF MOGADISHU THERE PAVEMENTS ARE MADE OF MARBLE AND THERE ROADS OF BRICKS.

IF YOU CAN AFFORD A TRIP THERE YOU CAN ALSO CHECK IT OUT YOURSELF.

ACCEPT CORRECTION OR YOU WILL NOT MOVE ON.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by GooseBaba: 5:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
anulaxad:

Firstly you need to correct your grammar.But I will also advise you to go to school again,you stink of illiteracy.

NOW IF YOU CANNOT READ I WILL EXPLAIN WHAT I SAID.I SAID SOMALIA HAS DEVELOPED AT LEAST SOME SORT OF WORLD CLASS INFRASTRUCTURE,EXAMPLE:IN THE SEAFRONT OF MOGADISHU THERE PAVEMENTS ARE MADE OF MARBLE AND THERE ROADS OF BRICKS.

LMAO....!! You be heavy Mumu....! So one strip of land in Somalia with marble sidewalk and brick road equals first class infrastructure for the whole country. If you like, you write in caps your stupidity still shows.

By your shallow example, Somalia has some sort of first class infrastructure and in Nigeria nothing equates that..!? And to show how stupid you are, you foolishly used the word "develop" Guy you are daft..! Take it or leave it..
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by ujoinme: 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2013
anulaxad:

I listen on BBC yesterday about the first dry cleaning service provider that opened his shop i mogadishu. is that the same mogadishu that has world class infrastructures?
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by GooseBaba: 10:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
ujoinme:

I listen on BBC yesterday about the first dry cleaning service provider that opened his shop i mogadishu. is that the same mogadishu that has world class infrastructures?

Can you imagine..!? And the he-goat claims to be an economist and well travelled. Nepotism is a bastard.!
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by topazjosh(m): 12:04am On Sep 14, 2013
Abagworo: Of all these towns you listed, only Warri and Akure are large. Maybe Markurdi and Yenagoa are moderate. The rest are small. I've been to all but Dutse. It is argued in most quaters that Onne is part of Port-Harcourt city. In Rivers State Obigbo is a larger town than Onne while Bori, Okrika, Omoku, Buguma and Degema are also larger towns than Onne. Bonny is also larger.
most of the aerial and building showcased as akure are all in ondo town,the op should correct that
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by ChimaAdeoye: 12:23am On Sep 14, 2013
Nigerians love big senseless use of grammar.How does unheralded fit into this grammar?
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by anulaxad(m): 12:53pm On Sep 14, 2013
WOAH!!!,what's with the unnecessary insults,i have done absolutely nothing wrong,wait
GooseBaba:

LMAO....!! You be heavy Mumu....! So one strip of land in Somalia with marble sidewalk and brick road equals first class infrastructure for the whole country. If you like, you write in caps your stupidity still shows.

By your shallow example, Somalia has some sort of first class infrastructure and in Nigeria nothing equates that..!? And to show how stupid you are, you foolishly used the word "develop" Guy you are daft..! Take it or leave it..

I will repeat myself,you stink of illiteracy,did i say the whole the country was developed,wait what made you think i was comparing,infact even if i was there is not at all any first class infrastructure in Nigeria,the whole seaside border is fully developed in mogadishu. Wait it seems like i am dealing with a ignorant c..t,what does your develop mean,because my own one just simply means to improve.Please i want to know.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by anulaxad(m): 1:04pm On Sep 14, 2013
ujoinme:

You will not be silly enough to believe that will you,do remember europeans ruled them aswell years ago, i am pretty sure that information is wrong.

Please show me the article,if you feel i am being too ignorant.

I actually did some research,and its the first drycleaners to have been opened in two decades.,not partially the first in the whole of somalia's history.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by topazjosh(m): 2:53pm On Sep 14, 2013
ngozievergreen:

hahahahahahahahahahaha.
Shebi all exams end in secondary schools?
Wish it were so myself
lol, you dint sound like a secondary school girl anyway butam sure you quite understand all what @anvaller and others are trying to say,you can't just judge Ibadan economy via shoprite sales,get that fact!
And the other guy reffering to aba and nnewi as the country silicon valley,you mean all you produce are direct from scratch,even innoson can't tell me he is having a full car plant is more or less a assemble plant ,probably the car footmat are made in nigeria though,and back to my home state,the last time I was in akure I didn't see any mud house o,am sure you are having fun overthere though,where in the city is ngozi living?
And to nairalanders I need a good driver residing around adeniyi jones ikeja lagos asap Pls !,my nearby neigbour need one.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by GooseBaba: 8:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
anulaxad: WOAH!!!,what's with the unnecessary insults,i have done absolutely nothing wrong,wait

I will repeat myself,you stink of illiteracy,did i say the whole the country was developed,wait what made you think i was comparing,infact even if i was there is not at all any first class infrastructure in Nigeria,the whole seaside border is fully developed in mogadishu. Wait it seems like i am dealing with a ignorant c..t,what does your develop mean,because my own one just simply means to improve.Please i want to know.

Hehehehehe .... Guy try read the rubbish you spew up there...^^^^^. You classify marble side walk and brick road as first class infrastructure in Somalia and you brazenly expose your mumurity by saying nothing of such standard exist in Nigeria.

Then you drink goat pi..ss and the thing scatter your head. You concluded that develop and improve are the same thing. Your folly is un-becoming... In fact I say this with authority. You are a confirmed village he-goat..
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by GooseBaba: 8:59pm On Sep 14, 2013
anulaxad: Look at what people are praising,a country that has enough money to have 1st class infrastructure,not even in somalia will this be classified as first classed.

Remember you wrote this nonsense. Now you claim you did not compare.

Have you been to all states in Nigeria..!? If you are not ignorant how can you conclude that improvement in Mogadishu's sea side is first class and nothing of such standard exist in Nigeria. Your ignorance carries the stench of a rotten corpse.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by GooseBaba: 9:12pm On Sep 14, 2013
anulaxad:

You will not be silly enough to believe that will you,do remember europeans ruled them aswell years ago, i am pretty sure that information is wrong.

I actually did some research,and its the first drycleaners to have been opened in two decades.,not partially the first in the whole of somalia's history.

You see your life. A country that has not opened a new dry-cleaning service in TWO DECADES..!!! Common dry cleaning. This just sums it up. No wonder you praise them for marble side walk and brick road as a measurement for first class infrastructure.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by manny4life(m): 10:03pm On Sep 14, 2013
GooseBaba:

You see your life. A country that has not opened a new dry-cleaning service in TWO DECADES..!!! Common dry cleaning. This just sums it up. No wonder you praise them for marble side walk and brick road as a measurement for first class infrastructure.

Lol, chai... una too get bad mouth no be small.. grin
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by GooseBaba: 10:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
manny4life:

Lol, chai... una too get bad mouth no be small.. grin

Bros, no be like that... cheesy cheesy cheesy. You sef see the matter na.. grin
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by anulaxad(m): 1:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
GooseBaba:

Have you been to all states in Nigeria..!? If you are not ignorant how can you conclude that improvement in Mogadishu's sea side is first class and nothing of such standard exist in Nigeria. Your ignorance carries the stench of a rotten corpse.

Is that your case just because i forget i compared,it shows you are immoral deluded ,if you had finished reading my paragraph you would have saw that i compared nigeria to somalia again in the same way.

Now if your ignorant,stinking illterate f....ing unwiped arse,of an unawnated disabled hasbo child,wants to auctually prove something get me some proof
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by anulaxad(m): 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
GooseBaba:

Is that your case just because i forget i compared,it shows you are immoral deluded ,if you had finished reading my paragraph you would have saw that i compared Nigeria to Somalia again in the same way.

Now if your ignorant,stinking illterate f....ing unwiped arse,of an unawnated disabled adhd child,wants to actually prove something get me some proof.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by GooseBaba: 2:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
anulaxad:

Is that your case just because i forget i compared,it shows you are immoral deluded ,if you had finished reading my paragraph you would have saw that i compared Nigeria to Somalia again in the same way.

Now if your ignorant,stinking illterate f....ing unwiped arse,of an unawnated disabled adhd child,wants to actually prove something get me some proof.

Calm down...! Evidence ^^^^^You type like an imbe..cile. That's your proof.

As a village he-goat you made a claim and ask another person to bring proof. Guy logical reasoning is my proof.

When I talked about "first class infrastructure & sustainability" the paradigm of that statement covers transportation air, sea and land. Food supply, healthcare, schools etc, and the means to sustain it. However, With the rot in Nigeria I said "na small small" it will not happen overnight.

I never knew a MO--RON would use the word "first class infrastructure" of a country and narrow it down to marble side walk and brick road to a strip of land that is probably built for the elites of that society.

I do commend your courage to exhibit your daftness and arrant stupidity on a public forum. Besides, You need to stop drinking warm goat pi..ss because it sends the wrong shock waves to your brain. You demented economist..!!!!
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by ujoinme: 1:56am On Sep 16, 2013
anulaxad:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/somalia/9319735/Mogadishu-opens-its-first-dry-cleaners-in-20-years.html
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/africa/120608/mogadishu-gets-its-first-dry-cleaner-over-20-years-0

now tell me whos silly or ignorant!
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by anulaxad(m): 9:05pm On Sep 16, 2013
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by ujoinme: 9:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
anulaxad:

I ALREADY IDENTIFIED THIS.

ok then why don't you elaborate on the world class infrastructure in a country that just celebrated a 'First drycleaning service" in 20 yrs? i havent been i mogadishu and apparently you have so am interested in hearing from you what infrastructures you saw there.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by anulaxad(m): 9:17pm On Sep 16, 2013
GooseBaba:

Calm down...! Evidence ^^^^^You type like an imbe..cile. That's your proof.

As a village he-goat you made a claim and ask another person to bring proof. Guy logical reasoning is my proof.

When I talked about "first class infrastructure & sustainability" the paradigm of that statement covers transportation air, sea and land. Food supply, healthcare, schools etc, and the means to sustain it. However, With the rot in Nigeria I said "na small small" it will not happen overnight.

I never knew a MO--RON would use the word "first class infrastructure" of a country and narrow it down to marble side walk and brick road to a strip of land that is probably built for the elites of that society.

I do commend your courage to exhibit your daftness and arrant stupidity on a public forum. Besides, You need to stop drinking warm goat pi..ss because it sends the wrong shock waves to your brain. You demented economist..!!!!

You this,ungrateful bast ard of a village born illiterate of a mother,when did i say the whole somalia was developed, i have kept and kept on repeating myself that i was specifically talking about a seaside front,but your arrogant little spectacle you call a brain won't let you process anything i am saying,you just keep on insisting that i am talking about the whole country,

Yes i am a experienced british born and raised economist,who can talk multiple languages,what has your sorry useless,worthless soul have to say that they have achieved or to be proud of in your dreadful existence of living.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by ujoinme: 9:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
@ anulaxad there is no point resorting to name calling in a public forum as that takes away from your integrity. Its simple you made and assertion on the world class infrastructures you found in somalia all you need to do is say what the infrastructure is and cite your source to back up your claim. just like i did with the dry cleaning service so anyone can check it out.
that will rest the case.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by anulaxad(m): 9:28pm On Sep 16, 2013
ujoinme:

ok then why don't you elaborate on the world class infrastructure in a country that just celebrated a 'First drycleaning service" in 20 yrs? i havent been i mogadishu and apparently you have so am interested in hearing from you what infrastructures you saw there.

MR.MAN,i did not say the whole country,i said a certain part of the country. OK. lipsrsealed

It was a fully developed small seaside town,which there was a very maintained drycleaners,with the most beautifullest roads,and you can tell this people were not abandoned illiterates like that MR.BABA guy.Somalia in general was ruled by the italians first,but then the british took over,
so after that you and i would think there will be no more italian influence anymore,but most of these somalis can not only talk somali,arabic and english but also italian. I would like to finish and continue but i am really busy.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by ujoinme: 9:31pm On Sep 16, 2013
@ anulaxad there is no point resorting to name calling in a public forum as that takes away from your integrity. Its simple you made and assertion on the world class infrastructures you found in somalia all you need to do is say what the infrastructure is and cite your source to back up your claim. just like i did with the dry cleaning service so anyone can check it out.
that will rest the case.!!!!!
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by GooseBaba: 5:28am On Sep 18, 2013
anulaxad:

You this,ungrateful bast ard of a village born illiterate of a mother,when did i say the whole somalia was developed, i have kept and kept on repeating myself that i was specifically talking about a seaside front,but your arrogant little spectacle you call a brain won't let you process anything i am saying,you just keep on insisting that i am talking about the whole country,

Yes i am a experienced british born and raised economist,who can talk multiple languages,what has your sorry useless,worthless soul have to say that they have achieved or to be proud of in your dreadful existence of living.

LMAO..!!!! Guy you still continue to showcase your madness...."experience British born and raised economist'" " who can TALK muitple language...village He-goat with your write up you are clearly not educated.

Next time Compare Apples to apples...not apples to plantain. You are still a demented fella my book...
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by anulaxad(m): 8:05am On Sep 18, 2013
ujoinme: @ anulaxad there is no point resorting to name calling in a public forum as that takes away from your integrity. Its simple you made and assertion on the world class infrastructures you found in somalia all you need to do is say what the infrastructure is and cite your source to back up your claim. just like i did with the dry cleaning service so anyone can check it out.
that will rest the case.!!!!!

I did not take take pictures.but i AM 100 PERCENT SURE YOU WILL FIND WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT,if you want to google it.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by anulaxad(m): 8:08am On Sep 18, 2013
GooseBaba:

LMAO..!!!! Guy you still continue to showcase your madness...."experience British born and raised economist'" " who can TALK muitple language...village He-goat with your write up you are clearly not educated.

Next time Compare Apples to apples...not apples to plantain. You are still a demented fella my book...

There is no point arguing with an illiterate,it will take forever to explain simply things for your arrogant head to understand correctly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari And Jonathan Hold Private Meeting In Aso Villa / FG Appoints Okhiria, MD Of Nigeria Railway Corporation / Olusegun Obasanjo Arrives Maiduguri For A 2-Day Visit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.