Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,189 members, 7,887,448 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:01 AM

Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! (14794 Views)

Cars On The Street - A Lagos Car Street Photography Album | LensAndLagos / Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car / Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Luckygurl(f): 5:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
Hehehehe!!
Reminds me of when I wanted to board a bus and d conductor was busy shouting in Igbo ~òfú onyé fifty naira ònyé búrú íbú 100 naira~. Meaning a single person fifty naira whilst a fat persön is expected to pay 100. #meant no harm#
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by lifestyle1(m): 5:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
cool
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by safejourney: 6:00pm On Sep 05, 2013
I will quickly check to confirm that all passangers are not male. if so, I will get down immediately.
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by skiesoduah: 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2013
Oh Mr. Jessica how about buying yourself a Bugatti and stop being a big cry baby? Just saying

You just can tell folks how to live there life not go on with their daily routines
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
@Op Make you come Port Harcourt come see 1923 Nissan Urvan buses wey dey run Rainbow/Slaughter...or the 1892 "Ekwulobia Express" wey dey under Isaac Boro Park Flyover.
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by lepasharon(f): 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
Lool..this was funny grin grin
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Tandem(m): 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
I only fear fat people wen entering a bus, I can manage the others. Shift na, I say shift na, where I wan shift go, make I melt join the motor.

5 Likes

Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Mustay(m): 6:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
I like the way the OP writes, such creativity and satire would make your blog a nice read. Be original - keep it up.

Most bus drivers, because the bus is usually not theirs tend not to take good care of these buses. They like taking dangerous risks and trying to save money instead of putting the condition of the buses in proper shape.

It doesn't make sense to stop half way and give passengers back their money when you could have saved all of that initially.

It's difficult to identify all the red lines but older men are usually the more responsible ones, they've got families to look after. If the conductor's eyes are red or his breath reeks of alcohol and you probably have no chance to seat in front and assess the driver's 'state of mind', it's likely they're 'partners' in the crime of irresponsibility.

One last thing; at night, always check for the buses that have working lights - that's a dangerous negotiation that causes disasters.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by mhsanni(f): 6:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
hahahaha!!! I just cracked my ribs..very hilarious buh so on point..
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by moscobabs(m): 6:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
mosho2good: End Time TinZ..........
Seun pls we need Lunatic section on Nairaland so all these End Time guys,space booked guys,empty comment guys and those 1st to comment guys will continue their madness there.so we can enjoy our discussions

7 Likes

Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by dareyking(m): 6:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
@Op....*in Rick Ross voice*....Itz nt your fault you are jst Jobless.....huh!!...Darelee Nairalee..
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by xynerise: 6:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
You don enter danfo wey dem mess inside before? grin

2 Likes

Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Nikapetrelli(f): 6:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
I consider not sitting close to d conductor
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by iykofias(m): 6:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
U want to kno wot a ph boy tinks b4 boarding a lagos bus? Nice try chap. I'm nt sayin u'r stip1d buh if it turns out u r then d M.O.D who put ds on front page is ur mentor
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by bizfirst: 6:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
Guy, I understand with you...one must be picky and extremely choosy in a place like Lagos!
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 05, 2013
I was in lagos Dec. 2012. And what the writer said about driver's eye is true! My uncle literally fought a "crazy red eyes" driver when he ran his crazy old car into ours, another incident of note was when a bus driver keeps switching lane on third Mainland bridge, on our way to Ikoyi. "Crazy red eyes Nigga driver"

1 Like

Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Ishilove: 6:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
moscobabs:
Seun pls we need Lunatic section on Nairaland so all these End Time guys,space booked guys,empty comment guys and those 1st to comment guys will continue their madness there.so we can enjoy our discussions
I agree angry
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by ELgordo(m): 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
FDB!!!
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Hadeehart101(f): 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
Sounds funny but true. Especially lagos buses. Even Brt's are almost turned to molue. I remember when i board ed a bus and i was the only female in the bus, i was like WTF??! If not that i had an appointement in the hospital and buses plying the road to the hospital was scarce, i would have gotten down but i had no choice. Had to go on the bumpy ride like that.
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by fasho01(m): 7:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
Haahahahaa. Very true grin

But that what makes lasgidi an interesting place
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Afam4eva(m): 7:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
grin grin grin

Lagos buses na die. I remember being stabbed by a motor part just because of a small pothole. So, when sitting in those buses i hold on to something because any slight bump may lead to a catastrophe. I also think people who put those buses on the road intended that passengers don't have their bath before embarking.
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by willo4eva(m): 7:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
buh i don't leave in Lagos
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Oludrey: 7:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
Dis nairaland sef...first na d garri group,now na end time tinz..una no taya?
@op,all u said is true oo..esp. abt d fat ppl part,dat is every average-sized passengers' nightmare!
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
You forget to add entering with the correct fare in other to avoid embarrassment on forgeting your balance.
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
You forgot to add entering with the correct fare in other to avoid embarrassment on forgeting your balance.
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by dayoade2007(m): 8:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
It happens once in a while to me wen I've to sit in between 2 "generously sized" women I had to sit with half of my bottom on d sit for a journey of about 1.5hours....... on alighting d bus I developed 'paja paja' on my bottom.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by snthesis(m): 8:23pm On Sep 05, 2013
add ons: the state of the windows and the roof are very important during the rainy seasons u dnt want to be in a bus when it rains only to find out that it has no windows to close or the roof is leaking grin grin grin grin
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by BarryX(m): 9:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
It's been quite a while since I boarded a danfo or Molue -- worst case scenerio I go for BRT. And on BRT I prefer not to stand cos of people holding on to the rails with their sweaty armpits exhibition. I also avoid the tire parallelogram section that protrudes cos of my long legs.
Last but not the least --- I look out for a civilised interesting damsel to sit close to for a wonderful convo throughout the hold-up. Trust me you won't regret you did -- you might miss your bustop if she's a good chatterbox ---lol
Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by beckytunde(f): 9:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
omg try sitting in abus filled wt pomo sellers, all dressed in pomo raiments, after sales, goin back to ago iwoye from ketu garage. omg

2 Likes

Re: Things I Consider Before Boarding A Lagos Bus! by omode2(m): 9:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
dayoade2007: It happens once in a while to me wen I've to sit in between 2 "generously sized" women I had to sit with half of my bottom on d sit for a journey of about 1.5hours....... on alighting d bus I developed 'paja paja' on my bottom.
As in kill dog kill dog. A phat ppl suppose to av their own cars. This intimidatn has got to stop

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Explain The Following Terms In Automatic Transmission Vehicles: / These Are 6 Signs Your Car Needs An Engine Repair / Tinted Glass: Is Police Permit Legally Required In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.