Stats: 3,192,082 members, 7,946,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 01:17 AM

ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku (16476 Views)

Niger Delta Avengers To PMB : We Will Cripple Nigeria's Economy / FG Finally Agrees To Meet ASUU Demands!!! / Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by Lordave: 10:28am On Sep 05, 2013
Ghydyon: Who is dis maku
na im be that guy wey dey sell Debino for AYA junction.
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by Jessicavizzy(f): 10:29am On Sep 05, 2013
georgecso: The Federal Government has said that the nation will shut down if all the demands by striking university lecturers were to be met.
Information Minister Labaran Maku stated this in Abuja yesterday while addressing State House correspondents after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting.
He was specifically reacting to why the government was yet to reach a compromise with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) amidst its claim of spending huge resources on the development of tertiary education in the country.
Maku appealed to the ASUU to have a rethink on its demands and understand that there were many competing demands from other sectors.
He said the huge funds spent to restore normalcy in some hitherto crisis-torn parts of the North could have been used to develop the educational sector.
“If we say we will not work until every particular problem we face in this country is resolved, then, I am sure there is no sector that will work. If we all insist that every sector’s problem must be completely solved, that we will down tools and that we will not work, then, the country will stop working,” he said.
“We are partners of the ASUU. We are friends. They are our patriots, and we understand the critical role that the universities teachers are playing in creating a new society that we are hoping to have. But at the same time, this is a reality question that we need to look at and we have to put the nation first.
“I know that all of us desire more from the system, but the truth is that there are limitations and from the limitations we have, we believe that the ASUU really needs to do rethink and ensure that we reopen our universities because really, we are feeling the pain of our children being at home and this, indeed, is completely avoidable,” Maku said.
http://dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stories/4808-ASUU-demands-will-cripple-govt-fg
.....Foolish HeGoat.May God strike dat ur dirty mouth 4saying dis..I know non of ur children are schooling in dis Nigeria das y u can say Rubbish!.God wil judge u.Fool.
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by blessed4ever: 10:32am On Sep 05, 2013
The Lord's Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement presents a two-day power-packed international crusade, titled,'GOD HAS THE ANSWER', in Eagle Square Abuja this weekend, 7th & 8th September, 2013. Time: 8.00 am daily.

The General Overseer, Pastor Lazarus Muoka will be ministering in the power of the Holy Spirit.

The Lame will walk, the deaf will hear, the dumb will speak, the blind will see, yoke of barrenness or delay in marriage will break,yoke of sin will break,HIV will be healed...all sicknesses will receive technical knockout...you will be delivered from evil spirit attack upon your life. The God of the Chosen (the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) will visit you. Come all and be blessed.
Jesus is Lord!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 05, 2013
georgecso: we are feeling the pain of our children being at home and this, indeed, is completely avoidable,” Maku said.
Can someone tell this Liar to shut tF up ! angry

Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by abu12: 10:33am On Sep 05, 2013
If good governance tour did not cripple the economy, ASUU will not cripple the economy of this country

Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by zico2(m): 10:36am On Sep 05, 2013
I pity this our country. The way this government is playing with our lifes and intelligence is too alarming. This information minister is just a useless man from the begining so i dont really care whatever he spit and wl never take him serious. With the level of corruptions and embezzlement going on in our polity. I read recently that the amount of money being lost on daily basis to corruption and government insensitivity is in billions of naira. The same set of government re now crying fowl to the demand of the so called learnt and intelligent in the polity. There wl be no peace until things re put right. I totally support the revolution. If all sectors of the nation re crippled fine, so far it wl bring change. We re tired of this useless bunch of people
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by Sodiq3(m): 10:42am On Sep 05, 2013
When a minister starts speaking this way just knw that It is

SIGN OF END TYM! grin

Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by AkinDavid2: 10:42am On Sep 05, 2013
This Maku! self tire me
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 05, 2013
Hmmm why won't it affect the economy when their own kids are schooling abroad,stupid leaders with some gullible followers,I said some gullible followers oooo because some people come pour spit for my face.lol

Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by zaragoza(m): 10:45am On Sep 05, 2013
Lordave: ASUU should also be sensible. How could they be asking for such amount of money by this time of the year, knowing fully well that this year's budget must have been implemented.

I think some people have highjacked this association for selfish interests. They want the federal government to go on borrowing so that they can open their wide, smelling hypocritic mouth and say that the president is clueless.

GEJ can not be dragged down by rascals.

are u aware the ASUU/Fgn agreement was signed in 2009? So why didn't they incorporate the agreement in this year's budget. Simply put, Fgn has no intentions of honouring the agreement.

Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by gidjah(m): 10:46am On Sep 05, 2013
in as much as am behind assu, I shall also love to beg dem to adjust a bit, habba, atleast govt started sme tin unlike b4, let assu too commence wit d lil fund made available, n cn later ask for further funds, but to cough out 93billion ( which is well ova d annual budget of sme state? ) for now in ds critical times,? pls lets adjust a bit, civil servants hv nt yet bin paid for sme time nw, d economy seems quite harsh ds yr( 4sme of us in d biz sector).so it seems wit d govt too, even though corruption is one of d chief reason y tins r like ds,.d academic sector isn't vindicated, most of our vcs in d uni, d profs r not free off corrupt practices too, so it is a national matter, let assu start wt d lil dey r giving, lets c hw far they go wit dev projects all over d universities wit clean records to show for it.God bles NIG
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by ashieduplus(m): 10:48am On Sep 05, 2013
Lord dave it is clear that u hve never attended university...
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by igbsam(m): 10:48am On Sep 05, 2013
The Nigerian students and the Education sector is just a ticking time bomb waiting to explode. Make dem dey do the future of the Nigerian students anyhow......Maybe this is where the Nigerian Revolution will start. Am just folding my arms to watch. By the time the Nigerian youths have been pushed to the wall and no where to be pushed further, then the Fight back begins! Nonsense Government.
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by AnodaIT(m): 10:51am On Sep 05, 2013
georgecso: The Federal Government has said that the nation will shut down if all the demands by striking university lecturers were to be met.
He said the huge funds spent to restore normalcy in some hitherto crisis-torn parts of the North could have been used to develop the educational sector.
Well, Minister, when the crisis in the north was budding, you did nothing untill it blossom.
ASUU will not wait till there is crisis in the educational sector before government can spend huge funds on it.
Before 2013 when the HUGE FUNDs was spent, why could you not spend it on implementing the 2009 or 2012 MOU/Agreement?
And if you could not spend it then when you were approving huge budget for feeding, aircraft fleet and fat allowances, what will make you implement it now.
Mandela said, ' Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. '
Unless you are telling me that the government is having a deliberate plot to keep Nigeria from progressing by crippling education. I dont understand why the government is so comfortable with the low standard of education in Nigeria

Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by adesola220: 10:52am On Sep 05, 2013
A tactical measure can be meant.......out of dis private jet GEJ can sell like 5 out of dem.... To address ASUU situation......... Full stop!!!

Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by gebest: 10:53am On Sep 05, 2013
END TIME THINGS
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by deeptesting(m): 10:55am On Sep 05, 2013
This is the only reason why I have to vote against GEJ come 2015.....His adminstration is a complete fraud, insenstive,and worst in corruption index.
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by chinedugreat(m): 10:56am On Sep 05, 2013
very soon de world wil on strike.end tym tins
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by daprof2: 10:58am On Sep 05, 2013
Lordave: ASUU should also be sensible. How could they be asking for such amount of money by this time of the year, knowing fully well that this year's budget must have been implemented.

I think some people have highjacked this association for selfish interests. They want the federal government to go on borrowing so that they can open their wide, smelling hypocritic mouth and say that the president is clueless.

GEJ can not be dragged down by rascals.
. And you think you have spoken sehh shocked
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by mesutiyke(m): 10:58am On Sep 05, 2013
oleee do u mean dat all our oil money has finished. Is obvious dat d last ASUU thread here is nt real. I kw FG didn't bring any 30bn allowances
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by confusion247(m): 11:00am On Sep 05, 2013
fagbalex: and some people are shouting Jonathan for 2015, rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!
May be they should shout TIBUBU for 2015 grin grin grin grin
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by confusion247(m): 11:02am On Sep 05, 2013
deeptesting: This is the only reason why I have to vote against GEJ come 2015.....His adminstration is a complete fraud, insenstive,and worst in corruption index.
Kindly tell us the saint in Nigeria politics that you will vote for in 2015
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by deeptesting(m): 11:02am On Sep 05, 2013
colombiana: Abeg the ASUU demands is outrageous, for christ sake this universities generate more than enough capital, its not as if after FG drops the billions our educational sector would improve. The only thing that's gonna improve is the fleet of cars in their compounds and more Zeros in their account.

Who do you hold accountable if funds are embezzled by University authority? It is pathetic that the government have succeeded in damaging our sense of reasoning that we can no longer think objectively and rationally... If the government is sincere in fighting corruption by strengthening our anti- corruption agency, do you think people in position of authority will embezzle money with impunity?
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by Cahmegga: 11:03am On Sep 05, 2013
....And the outrageous amounts senators and house of rep members take home with 'em monthly will do what?! Fix the nation?! Smh...FOOLS!
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by joe4truth: 11:05am On Sep 05, 2013
We are tired of this FG's excuses...they are extravagantly spending our money in national assembly.students let's go on the street and stop this FG's ill attitude towards education.3rd mainland bridge on my mind. house don tire me ooooo!
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by kwAzzIEkEEd(m): 11:07am On Sep 05, 2013
OMG! End time go catch us for house oo!
Pls ah didn't say 'END TIME THINGS'. . .
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by gidjah(m): 11:10am On Sep 05, 2013
pls let ASSU START WT D little amt made available then later ask for more, after all its unlike b4, d govt has shown commitment ds time.ds corruption tin didn't just stuck on tables of d politicians, our profs too r nt left behind in ds, universities make lots of money, wetin dem dey do wt am, vc corrupt, lecturers too corrupt, dean corrupt, allow our kids go bk to sch
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by IYANGBALI: 11:12am On Sep 05, 2013
Ghydyon: Who is dis maku
he is a farmer from syria
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by learsino(m): 11:13am On Sep 05, 2013
Na wa o.. God Help us
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by michealade(m): 11:13am On Sep 05, 2013
If i hear say obama wan send im piking kum study for oau.,..den ill kno its signs of endtime

Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC / Boko Haram’s Abduction Of Chibok Girls Was Real – PDP Senator, Ben Ndi-Obi / States In The SOUTH EAST That Shares Borders With The Atlantic Ocean (pics)