Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,835 members, 7,886,233 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:15 AM

ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku (16411 Views)

Niger Delta Avengers To PMB : We Will Cripple Nigeria's Economy / FG Finally Agrees To Meet ASUU Demands!!! / Implement ASUU's Demands - President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by ugoezeik(m): 11:14am On Sep 05, 2013
Dat will nver detact ♍Ɣ presido not to clinch d victory come 2015, dia r all d handwork of apc
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by IYANGBALI: 11:15am On Sep 05, 2013
confusion247:
Kindly tell us the saint in Nigeria politics that you will vote for in 2015
obj or ibb or tinubu or seun osewa
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by IYANGBALI: 11:15am On Sep 05, 2013
Teacher: "who is the minister of education?"Children: "Mrs Dame Patience Jonathan"Teacher: "who is CBN governor?"Children: "Aliko Dangote"Teacher; "who is the minister for information?".Children: "Mike Adenuga"Teacher; "who is the minister for sports.Children: "Stephen keshi".Teacher: "Correct!Teacher: "who composed the national anthem of Nigeria"Children: "wizkid"Teacher: "correct"what is 2+5?Children: "25"Teacher:- "correct"Teacher:- "what is the capital of Nigeria?"Children: "Abia-umuahia "Teacher:-"correct,Who is d president of nigeria?".Children. "General Muhammadu Buhari"Teacher. "Correct!Teacher: "Who stopped the killing of twins".Children: "Psquare"Teacher: "correct!who is the minister for women affairs"Children: "Genevieve Nnaji"Teacher. "Correct, Who is d governor of Anambra state?Children. "Baba Tunde Fashola"Teacher. "Correct!"Teacher:- "Good! Clap for yourselves...(children claps)Teacher: It's gonna Remain like that until government increases my salary!!!

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by brosun(m): 11:16am On Sep 05, 2013
[quote author=joe4truth]We are tired of this FG's excuses...they are extravagantly spending our money in national assembly/quote] Useless government that cannot honour its own agreement; clueless government that loves chasing its own shadow! They say FG will be crippled if they meet ASUU's 'demands'. Then why did you enter into the agreement? Why did you not start implementation since 2009 when the agreement was signed? Truth is: ASUU is not making fresh demands. They are simply asking you to tow the path of honour and implement the agreement you negotiated and freely signed. No more, no less!
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by Lordave: 11:16am On Sep 05, 2013
zaragoza:

are u aware the ASUU/Fgn agreement was signed in 2009? So why didn't they incorporate the agreement in this year's budget. Simply put, Fgn has no intentions of honouring the agreement.
I'm not saying that they shouldn't be granted their wish, but a father who wants to impress a hardworking family must make sure he has the required resources and leaves nobody untouched.

If federal govt should honour that agreement at this point in time, then they should expect other associations to start popping up and demanding greatly even at more dire circumstances.

This strike could be called off, the ASUU could be meeting with FG while lectures are going on in our various institutions.

If you are in support that FG should pay the amount ASUU is demanding, you may come back here to scream that an important project has been abandoned by the federal govt and that this administration is clueless.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by confusion247(m): 11:16am On Sep 05, 2013
adesola220: A tactical measure can be meant.......out of dis private jet GEJ can sell like 5 out of dem.... To address ASUU situation......... Full stop!!!
You made a good point there.
Then the national assembly should sacrifice these allowances to help out..
1...Sitting allowance
2...Standing allowance
3...Feeding allowance
4...laundry allowance
5...furniture allowance
6...Traveling allowance
7...Recess allowance
8...house allowance
9...hospital allowance
10...oversight function allowance
11...entertainment allowance
12...Retreat allowance
13.....etc let me stop so far to save my MB.
Then federal government should scrap the so called '[size=14pt]minister of state[/size]" because i don't see the difference between the minister of education and minister of state for education.
Nigeria is finished completely. ONE NIGERIA is sweet indeed
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 05, 2013
NAIRALAND PUBLIC OPINION: LIKE THIS POST IF YOU WILL VOTE AGAINST GOODLUCK JONATHAN IN 2015 cheesy cheesy cheesy cool tongue
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by Lordave: 11:19am On Sep 05, 2013
IYA NGBALI: Teacher: "who is the minister of education?"Children: "Mrs Dame Patience Jonathan"Teacher: "who is CBN governor?"Children: "Aliko Dangote"Teacher; "who is the minister for information?".Children: "Mike Adenuga"Teacher; "who is the minister for sports.Children: "Stephen keshi".Teacher: "Correct!Teacher: "who composed the national anthem of Nigeria"Children: "wizkid"Teacher: "correct"what is 2+5?Children: "25"Teacher:- "correct"Teacher:- "what is the capital of Nigeria?"Children: "Abia-umuahia "Teacher:-"correct,Who is d president of nigeria?".Children. "General Muhammadu Buhari"Teacher. "Correct!Teacher: "Who stopped the killing of twins".Children: "Psquare"Teacher: "correct!who is the minister for women affairs"Children: "Genevieve Nnaji"Teacher. "Correct, Who is d governor of Anambra state?Children. "Baba Tunde Fashola"Teacher. "Correct!"Teacher:- "Good! Clap for yourselves...(children claps)Teacher: It's gonna Remain like that until government increases my salary!!!
you no well at all. cheesy
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by lainex(m): 11:19am On Sep 05, 2013
Maku u r mad......u people can share billions buy houses,cars,give gf money but u cant pay for ASUU. Those who thought u in school bastard abeg ASUU no gree FG are greed monkeys they ve the money and they should pay it. ASUU plz no going back coz dis people will kip deceiving u.
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by michealade(m): 11:20am On Sep 05, 2013
joe4truth: We are tired of this FG's excuses...they are extravagantly spending our money in national assembly.students let's go on the street and stop this FG's ill attitude towards education.3rd mainland bridge on my mind. house don tire me ooooo!
i like your spirit buh bliv me nobody ll wanna go out.dere z a body called nans,if dia president near ma area,i go oda boys make dem treat im Bleep up...i m still wonderin is nans dis dumb with all dia comrade comrade shout
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by chidex28: 11:21am On Sep 05, 2013
FG and ASUU; signs of End time
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by Lordave: 11:23am On Sep 05, 2013
ashieduplus: Lord dave it is clear that u hve never attended university...
what has my attending the university got to do with my post and the topic.
You can aswell say that none of FG workers has attended university. Try to be sensible at times.
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by Lordave: 11:25am On Sep 05, 2013
daprof2: . And you think you have spoken sehh shocked
No, I just murmured.
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by bolaji73(m): 11:25am On Sep 05, 2013
[quote author=confusion247]
Kindly tell us the saint in Nigeria politics that you will vote for in 2015[/quoteBUHARI!.The only nigerian ruler alive dat had keep clean record over time.y nt keep dis sentiment aside n shudnt let favouritism ruin un.
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by canalily(m): 11:28am On Sep 05, 2013
undecided imagine that? Monkey de work bamboo de enjoy! !

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by joe4christ(m): 11:31am On Sep 05, 2013
It's glaringly clear that ASSU are politicking with the destinies of the youth by dinning with the opposition parting to completely destroy the reputation of the ruling party... I really dont have problem with that, but why should it be at the expense of our future?

And to the GEJ and his cohort, we will be waiting for you all come 2015...

These people are nothing but the very proto-type of old witches and wizards... Irresponsible bunch of demented fellas. I'm done with this country!
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by robo247(m): 11:38am On Sep 05, 2013
IDIOT! Na dis wan go creeple d economy abi? What about d looting and embezzlement? No b only cripple, na PARALISE. Thunder fire ya mouth, Maku or whatever he calls himself. I dont think u r d one talkn. Someone is talkn thru u. U r jst a mouthpiece
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by Dee60: 11:41am On Sep 05, 2013
very annoying statement from a supposedly educated man!
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 05, 2013
Stu.pid lipgloss wearing minister. I never knew he was this dumb.
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by Dee60: 11:43am On Sep 05, 2013
To FG, Boko Haram were their sibblings, later BH became ghosts, and finally became the enemy. Today, ASUU peple are their friends, soon ASUU may be labelled ghosts, and finally they may impose emergency rule on ASUU. Watch it!!
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by Harbiurlah(f): 11:51am On Sep 05, 2013
Oga o, Seven years is being spent on a four year course.
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by deeptesting(m): 11:54am On Sep 05, 2013
confusion247:
Kindly tell us the saint in Nigeria politics that you will vote for in 2015

The fact is i don't vote for an individual for the purpose of voting, I look at your manifesto and cast my vote.... I have to believe any candidate with a good manifesto until he proves otherwise..... GEJ has proved otherwise.
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by IYANGBALI: 11:56am On Sep 05, 2013
Lordave: you no well at all. cheesy
hall of horse are seek
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by akdjr(m): 11:57am On Sep 05, 2013
Pls i have an important topic how can i post it?
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by johnwolex: 11:58am On Sep 05, 2013
hello my people pls i need your help pls kindly help out of this situation i want to unlock my modem so pls help..........PLS YOU CAN EMAIL :johnwolex658@yahoo.com
E303
CE0682
IMEL:868988011129423
S/NU9CBYA9281615951
MODEL:E303S-1
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by timwezzb(m): 11:59am On Sep 05, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm what a Nation we have.No money to fun Education well Thank U JESUS for all the Leaders we have be them....
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 05, 2013
Harbiurlah: Oga o, Seven years is being spent on a four year course.
chai,dem wicked u ooo,and may be another years to look for job after graduating,madam better go and start singing or acting,money dey there ooo,because skul no be ur way.lol
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by onahc(m): 11:59am On Sep 05, 2013
ASUU should stop deceiving us. Maku is absolutely right. These disgruntled elements increase sch fees, accom fee and other myriad charges and students pay. Their demand is unreasonable and purely motivated by sheer greed.
georgecso: The Federal Government has said that the nation will shut down if all the demands by striking university lecturers were to be met.
Information Minister Labaran Maku stated this in Abuja yesterday while addressing State House correspondents after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting.
He was specifically reacting to why the government was yet to reach a compromise with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) amidst its claim of spending huge resources on the development of tertiary education in the country.
Maku appealed to the ASUU to have a rethink on its demands and understand that there were many competing demands from other sectors.
He said the huge funds spent to restore normalcy in some hitherto crisis-torn parts of the North could have been used to develop the educational sector.
“If we say we will not work until every particular problem we face in this country is resolved, then, I am sure there is no sector that will work. If we all insist that every sector’s problem must be completely solved, that we will down tools and that we will not work, then, the country will stop working,” he said.
“We are partners of the ASUU. We are friends. They are our patriots, and we understand the critical role that the universities teachers are playing in creating a new society that we are hoping to have. But at the same time, this is a reality question that we need to look at and we have to put the nation first.
“I know that all of us desire more from the system, but the truth is that there are limitations and from the limitations we have, we believe that the ASUU really needs to do rethink and ensure that we reopen our universities because really, we are feeling the pain of our children being at home and this, indeed, is completely avoidable,” Maku said.
http://dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stories/4808-ASUU-demands-will-cripple-govt-fg
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by onahc(m): 12:01pm On Sep 05, 2013
cry cry cryASUU should stop deceiving us. Maku is absolutely right. These disgruntled elements increase sch fees, accom fee and other myriad charges and students pay. Their demand is unreasonable and purely motivated by sheer greed. [color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by kossylator: 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
georgecso: The Federal Government has said that the nation will shut down if all the demands by striking university lecturers were to be met.
Information Minister Labaran Maku stated this in Abuja yesterday while addressing State House correspondents after the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting.
He was specifically reacting to why the government was yet to reach a compromise with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) amidst its claim of spending huge resources on the development of tertiary education in the country.
Maku appealed to the ASUU to have a rethink on its demands and understand that there were many competing demands from other sectors.
He said the huge funds spent to restore normalcy in some hitherto crisis-torn parts of the North could have been used to develop the educational sector.
“If we say we will not work until every particular problem we face in this country is resolved, then, I am sure there is no sector that will work. If we all insist that every sector’s problem must be completely solved, that we will down tools and that we will not work, then, the country will stop working,” he said.
“We are partners of the ASUU. We are friends. They are our patriots, and we understand the critical role that the universities teachers are playing in creating a new society that we are hoping to have. But at the same time, this is a reality question that we need to look at and we have to put the nation first.
“I know that all of us desire more from the system, but the truth is that there are limitations and from the limitations we have, we believe that the ASUU really needs to do rethink and ensure that we reopen our universities because really, we are feeling the pain of our children being at home and this, indeed, is completely avoidable,” Maku said.
http://dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stories/4808-ASUU-demands-will-cripple-govt-fg
Dis govt is nt just crippled already,it is also deaf nd dumb......
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by Fussbot: 12:03pm On Sep 05, 2013
igba wo ni maku onipadaku
Re: ASUU Demands Will Cripple Govt – Maku by AnodaIT(m): 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
confusion247:

Then federal government should scrap the so called '[size=14pt]minister of state[/size]" because i don't see the difference between the minister of education and minister of state for education.
Nigeria is finished completely. ONE NIGERIA is sweet indeed
... and in the same ministry there is a Permanent Secretary and various directors. Total wastage of public funds

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Rescues 30 Persons From Boko Haram’s Captivity / Dino Melaye In Different Turban Attires (Photos) / Free Yuletide Transport: Enugu Govt Releases Time-table For Returning Indigenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.