Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,483 members, 7,947,934 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 11:01 AM

Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? (49465 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Why Do God Have To Create People GAY? Why? / Were Some People Existing Before Adam And Eve? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Nobody: 3:36am On Sep 13, 2013
obadiah777: lol abi make him check link now http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinus_Arabicus

You are one heck of a strong man. I personally wouldn't want to be in your shoes at this moment. Its like your persecutionn is about to touch the sky shocked shocked.

More grease to ya elbows

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Artorius(m): 4:17am On Sep 13, 2013
Followed this thread right from page 1, it has been most educative, especially the infamous battle between Obadiah and Goshen. Well.... I've heard a lot of strange stuff here. I had a similar argument with a white lady on www.johnthewitness.. I'll post the actual link later, the lady referred to Adam as the "first agricultural man" implying that there were other men before Adam but who were primitive and savage, the fruits of evolution and tons of shit like that. That conversation between me and the lady lasted for about 3months, as none refused to bow to the other. Remembering that stuff made me stay away from participating actively on this thread. But there are some things i know for certain:
1. The way the story is told in the bible, it somehow implies that Cain was the first child of Adam, and Abel the second (the age difference between them isn't specified, but it's also possible that other children were born in between who were not mentioned cos of their irrelevance) and they probably were the only children and there were still other races, for after Abel's murder, Cain was driven away from the family but that's were the controversial statement of "whoever finds me, will kill me" comes in. When eve begat Seth, she said "God has given me a son to replace Abel who Cain killed" Cain had left by that time and before Seth could grow up to get married and have kids about 60 yrs may have elapsed ( who did Seth marry) like i said it somehow implies that Abel and Cain were the first children, after them Seth; but if Adam had other children in between, they were mentioned when the bible said he had other children and died, but we can not certainly tell if those "other children" came after Seth or some came in between Cain Abel and Seth. Looking at the lower status of women in biblical times, it's logical to think that Adam had daughters in between Cain and Abel, cos we are not Told how old they were when Cain murdered Abel, but they were probably in their sixties, but it is note worthy to mention that Adam wasn't a baby but was conceived as a grown man, so we can't tell for certain how related he was to his children in age. Every knowledge comes from the spirit who reveals it to people who actively seek the truth, but lets not forget that some truths are to true for our feeble minds to fathom.
Each of the people on this thread gave their own views, obadiah777 trying to make genesis look like literary shit probably a poem or something of that ilk by conjuring up much imagery, goshen tried to do the opposite by taking genus literally and following her word for word. Obadiah's analysis is quite weird though, but he made sense in some areas but got me laughing in some, especially that stuff about the red sea. Lol. All is well sha. For me , Adam was the first man, straight and simple, the story in between, does nth bother me. Thanks.
Regards, Artorius

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Nobody: 5:07am On Sep 13, 2013
I would have said the latter was the
manifestation of the former, but Cain's
issue complicated things in Genesis
4:16-17. He found a wife in the land
of Nod and married there. I don't
think Adam and Eve gave birth to
those!

Back to the question or conclusion,
one can certianly say God created
some set of people before Adam and
Eve.

true, the bible doesnt give us all the details. this is probably because they are not essential to our worshipping God.

what brought the confusion is that the bible mentioned Cain and Abel's encounter, after which we are told that Cain married. the question is thus logical.

God could have inspired Moses to write the story of Cain and Abel to teach us a vital lesson and to bring to our notice the first move by someone to kill. it is obvious that God mentions some stories to teach us something, because their are MANY things the bible didnt tell us (the NT shows writers who drew from Cain and Abel's lesson). but their are hints as to what some answers could be.

the fact that Jesus affirmed that God created male and female confirms genesis account of Adam and Eve as true. as such no other human creation by God.

back to the question.

Adam gave birth to sons and daughters.

after the birth of Cain and Abel, Adam evidently gave birth to son/sons and daughter/daughters before giving birth to Seth.

Adam gave birth to Seth at the age of 130 (Adam didnt grow from infant to adulthood). He could give birth to Cain and Abel in the first 2 or 4 years of his existence. he still has considerable years left for which he could give birth to sons and daughters who will intermarry, reproduce and think of getting their own apartment far from home. and as adam's kids marry and give birth, adam and eve will also give birth to others.

the words at 4:25, doesnt invalid the above. why? since humans were being born, no man has ever died, so the "again" there obviously implied that Adam had the intercourse with his wife not long after Abel's death. no doubt, with a hope of replenishing the REDUCED number. why he was named Seth shades light on this.

note: we were not told how old Cain and Abel were before Cain kill him.

Therefore Cain could have married his relative.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by unmask: 5:50am On Sep 13, 2013
haibe:

1) If Adam did not have daughters before seth, how then did cain get his wife?

2) I used sister and not niece because its more realistic since abel died thereby reducing the possibility of him having a child and the bible never said abel had a wife or knew his wife, so if you say cain married his niece, you would also be speculating that abel had a daughter since the bible said nothing about him having one.

I exercised enough caution in speculating that he married his sister.
funny you peeps are willing to accept the speculation that cain got married to his sister, but can't accept the speculation that they could have been other humans beside adam and eve......besides cain marrying his sister is incest through and through?
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by unmask: 5:52am On Sep 13, 2013
JMAN05:

true, the bible doesnt give us all the details. this is probably because they are not essential to our worshipping God.

what brought the confusion is that the bible mentioned Cain and Abel's encounter, after which we are told that Cain married. the question is thus logical.

God could have inspired Moses to write the story of Cain and Abel to teach us a vital lesson and to bring to our notice the first move by someone to kill. it is obvious that God mentions some stories to teach us something, because their are MANY things the bible didnt tell us (the NT shows writers who drew from Cain and Abel's lesson). but their are hints as to what some answers could be.

the fact that Jesus affirmed that God created male and female confirms genesis account of Adam and Eve as true. as such no other human creation by God.

back to the question.

Adam gave birth to sons and daughters.

after the birth of Cain and Abel, Adam evidently gave birth to son/sons and daughter/daughters before giving birth to Seth.

Adam gave birth to Seth at the age of 130 (Adam didnt grow from infant to adulthood). He could give birth to Cain and Abel in the first 2 or 4 years of his existence. he still has considerable years left for which he could give birth to sons and daughters who will intermarry, reproduce and think of getting their own apartment far from home. and as adam's kids marry and give birth, adam and eve will also give birth to others.

the words at 4:25, doesnt invalid the above. why? since humans were being born, no man has ever died, so the "again" there obviously implied that Adam had the intercourse with his wife not long after Abel's death. no doubt, with a hope of replenishing the REDUCED number. why he was named Seth shades light on this.

note: we were not told how old Cain and Abel were before Cain kill him.

Therefore Cain could have married his relative.
if you want your stories to be believable, stop using the word "COULD"
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by cammax7(m): 6:01am On Sep 13, 2013
If it doesn't hinge on the Salvation of ones soul, i don't bother with issues like this. When we get to heaven, we'll ask God, but whether or not there was more than one man at creation i don't even think its pertinent to one's spiritual journey

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Artorius(m): 7:08am On Sep 13, 2013
cammax7: If it doesn't hinge on the Salvation of ones soul, i don't bother with issues like this. When we get to heaven, we'll ask God, but whether or not there was more than one man at creation i don't even think its pertinent to one's spiritual journey
CORRECT!!! That's the point I'm trying to make, I'm a seeker of knowledge, but when it comes to such things let's just leave them for when we meet God then we'll ask him. For now the scriptures were written for a purpose, let us as God's children concentrate on that.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by MomohLawal: 7:22am On Sep 13, 2013
haibe:

Very illogical, cain left the presence of God to the land of nod not long after he killed abel(read genesis 4) and so seth was born later as a replacement for abel(which of course should be more than 9 months after the incident), so cain could not have married a daugter bore by adam after seth was born because he(cain) had already left for the land of nod.
How did you know pregnancy is carry for 9 month then. It could be shorter than 9 month.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Olasuposaheed(m): 7:34am On Sep 13, 2013
I don't believe it may be someone should explain
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 13, 2013
unmask: if you want your stories to be believable, stop using the word "COULD"

The 'could' shows that this is a conclusion i reached based on the hint the scriptures gave.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 13, 2013

The 'could' shows that this is a conclusion i reached based on the hint the scriptures gave. and i stand on it until proven wrong cos am not being dogmatic on the subject.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by dohiswill: 7:41am On Sep 13, 2013
If every details some guys were clamoring for were all written in the bible, am sure it will be so voluminus, but what am sure of is that all what you need to know, to get back to heaven and meet God is written in a very understandable way!
But bible critics will always find some heretical things to walk away from the real and important thing.

2 Likes

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by saintdeby(m): 7:44am On Sep 13, 2013
Yes, the jinns
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by absalom11(m): 8:24am On Sep 13, 2013
No comments for now just view my
signature below
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by dapsonlou(m): 8:32am On Sep 13, 2013
SMIG: by sisters u mean children of adam and eve....@ dat time they were only 4 on earth...and after God cursed abel and he pleaded he had this 2 to say'this punishment is too hard, i'll have 2 wander about without a home and just anyone could kill me(meaning there are more humans)' God replied (acknowledging d fact that there are more humans) 'anyone who kills u would be punished seven times worse than i am punishing you, so the lord put a mark on him to warn EVERYONE not to kill him' my question is what does evryone means?...i understand it to mean people dnknw about u?

The problem christian always face, they think questioning the book is a sin, it is not a sin to want answers. You have to remember that genesis is the history of the Jews, there were other race that didn't put their own history in a book. Must of you are educated, Adam n Eve date back 5000yrs ago according to Genesis, so if you think the world started 5000yrs a go then you need to go back to school.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by mko2005: 8:37am On Sep 13, 2013
Billyonaire: The Egyptian Pyramid is older than bible. its one of ancient contours used for landing directions of spacecraft of early humanoid before crash of civilization.

bible is too recent to be source of information about origin of man.

This one don come again ! Continue dey follow ur science fictions leave us alone !

God please help him
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by solelymade: 8:37am On Sep 13, 2013
Dis is Religion jus gbabe. A lot of questions surrounds d bible and dis is no exception. jus as some are justifying d genealogy of Christ wen it is obvious his conception had nothing to do wit Joseph's fluid. God certainly created more persons at inception than Adam and Eve. The only diff is dat d 2 are d carrier of God unexplainable bais love thus d reason y oda were insignificant and non existence.
jus gbabe is d pivot on wich religious idealogy is based. Little wonder d vehement effort at preaching Faith.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by mko2005: 8:40am On Sep 13, 2013
dapsonlou:

The problem christian always face, they think questioning the book is a sin, it is not a sin to want answers. You have to remember that genesis is the history of the Jews, there were other race that didn't put their own history in a book. Must of you are educated, Adam n Eve date back 5000yrs ago according to Genesis, so if you think the world started 5000yrs a go then you need to go back to school.
See,for Christians,if the bible is saying the first man lived some 7 thousand years ago then it is that way ! If you must be a christian you have to live by that if not,look for some religion like atheism,paganism,agnosticism,bhudism and this other religion this billionaire guy is propagating,science fiction !

God help us
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 13, 2013
leorayvon: If u take a hundred years that is a century, Gods ultimate plan was for man to multipy, when adam and eve gave birth to abel he came with his twin sister and cain also with his twin sister, buh it was not mentioned in the bible but by revelation read gen 4 vs 17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch:who was his wife? When was she born? That showed he came or was born as a set of twins, gen 1 vs 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
wen cain left the place he was with his parents in the earth.Nod was never in eden or east of eden , it was in the earth, what was in the east of eden was the garden of eden, compare gen 2 vs 8 gen 3 vs 24 with, gen 4 vs 16. Adam life span was long and God being the God of creation intended for Man to procreate that's why he allowed man to live that long,
Nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrant rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by mko2005: 8:44am On Sep 13, 2013
Olasuposaheed: I don't believe it may be someone should explain
There is nothing to explain to anybody here ! If you don't belive that it was Just Adam and Eve God created then leave it ! Some say the fruit they ate wasn't fruit but sex ! If you don't believe that it was fruit but sex,so be it !

God is God and HIS word is forever sure !

God help me
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by mko2005: 8:46am On Sep 13, 2013
He is using could becos he didn't write the bible may be you did so use what ever you want to use !

God help us
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Mintayo(m): 9:12am On Sep 13, 2013
Goshen360:

Obadiah777 knows he's been exposed for his heretic, hence recommending the thread for FP! At least, he's been exposed for who he really is!

true
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by mko2005: 9:25am On Sep 13, 2013
''I would have said the latter was the
manifestation of the former, but Cain's
issue complicated things in Genesis
4:16-17. He found a wife in the land
of Nod and married there. I don't
think Adam and Eve gave birth to
those!

Back to the question or conclusion,
one can certianly say God created
some set of people before Adam and
Eve.''
@ayobase,Genesis 4:16-17 never said cain found a wife in the land of nod like you put it up there.It says cain knew his wife in the land of nod and she conceived !''Knew her ''means getting down with her even in today's english usage ! See below scripture for urself:
Genesis 4:16-17'' And Cain went out from the presence of the Lord, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.''

God help us
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by mko2005: 9:26am On Sep 13, 2013
Goshen,on this one,you are simply the best.

God help us all
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by MostHigh: 9:29am On Sep 13, 2013
Goshen360: Many thanks to Debosky and many others who refuted the heretic teaching of obadiah777. May God bless you all for upholding the word of truth.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by MostHigh: 9:33am On Sep 13, 2013
Goshen360:

Obadiah777 knows he's been exposed for his heretic, hence recommending the thread for FP! At least, he's been exposed for who he really is!

Exposed how?

Rather you have been exposed for hiding in the shadows.

And does the front page not give more exposure? so what this your theory of the front page being to someones advantage?

All you could come up with was inbreeding and the creation of fictional characters. grin

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by ruffedge: 9:37am On Sep 13, 2013
Culled from daily mail Atheists 'have higher IQs': Their intelligence 'makes them more likely to dismiss religion as irrational and unscientific'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2395972/Atheists-higher-IQs-Their-intelligence-makes-likely-dismiss-religion-irrational-unscientific.html

My belief is that every book that claims to be a guidance on how one should live his/her life should be critically questioned. There have been various accounts of creation in different cultures, some of them similar stories found in the bible. Luckily, the internet provides a wealth of information regarding most questions. One just needs to be intuitive to separate logic from myths.

creation links

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com/genesis/
http://www.magictails.com/creationlinks.html

culled from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_and_Eve Science vs. literalism

The story of Adam and Eve, if interpreted literally, is incompatible with the conclusions of modern science. Most notably, it contradicts the scientific consensus that humans evolved from more primitive species of hominids.[24] It is also incompatible with the current understanding of human genetics. In particular, if all humans descended from two individuals several thousand years ago, it would require an impossibly high mutation rate to account for the observed variation.[25] These incompatibilities have caused some Christians to move away from a literal interpretation and belief in the Genesis creation narrative, while others continue to believe in what they see as a fundamental doctrine of the Christian faith.[25]
The names Adam and Eve are used metaphorically in a scientific context to designate the patrilineal and matrilineal most recent common ancestors, the Y-chromosomal Adam and the Mitochondrial Eve. Those are not fixed individuals, nor is there any reason to assume that they lived at the same time, let alone that they met or formed a couple.[26][27] A recent study on the subject estimates that the Y-chromosomal Adam lived 120 to 156 thousand years ago, while the Mitochondrial Eve lived 99 to 148 thousand years ago. [28] Another recent study places the Y-chromosomal Adam 180 to 200 thousand years ago.
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Segadem(m): 9:40am On Sep 13, 2013
I will just quote two verses from the Bible: 1Cor 2:14"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned".
2)Rev.10:4 "And When the seven thunders had uttered their voices,I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me,Seal up those thing which the seven thunders uttered,and write them not."
God's ways are past finding,there are many questions that no man can give you satisfactory answers to.So don't let us sin by questioning about HIS WORD or about HIS SOVEREIGNTY.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 13, 2013
TinyPurpleBaby:

You are one heck of a strong man. I personally wouldn't want to be in your shoes at this moment. Its like your persecutionn is about to touch the sky shocked shocked.

More grease to ya elbows

as they say 'it aint no thang but a chicken wang' grin
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Blessbright: 10:15am On Sep 13, 2013
Is it nt beta to 4get about d unkwn?wanting to kw dis (unkwn) will mak u sin. just live a righteous life n save ur soul 4rm distruction!

1 Like

Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 13, 2013
MostHigh:

Exposed how?

Rather you have been exposed for hiding in the shadows.

And does the front page not give more exposure? so what this your theory of the front page being to someones advantage?

All you could come up with was inbreeding and the creation of fictional characters. grin

grin grin grin grin grin [b][/b]
Re: Did God Create People Before Adam And Eve? by mko2005: 10:20am On Sep 13, 2013
Artorius:
CORRECT!!! That's the point I'm trying to make, I'm a seeker of knowledge, but when it comes to such things let's just leave them for when we meet God then we'll ask him. For now the scriptures were written for a purpose, let us as God's children concentrate on that.
ifeness stopped believing in the existence of God becos his pastor failed to answer this same question and questions like ;why did God say let us make man in our own image and not create man ? lol. Nothing wey person no go hear for NL !

God help us

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Synagogue: Fashola Orders Church Staff Out / Maiduguri EYN Church Members Still Worship At The Demolished Premises (photos) / "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.