Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,390 members, 7,908,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 07:30 PM

Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House (35017 Views)

"We Found Stockpiles Of Dollars, Not Arms In AK Govt. House” — Official / Okowa Denied Access To Office On First Day At Work / What Rochas Okorocha Did To The Imo Govt House (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by stebell(m): 9:00pm On Sep 12, 2013
There is a saying dat wen one brings ant infested firewoods to de hoz, he/she is inviting...... abeg i dey come make i ask ma neighbor

leaves room

knocks @ neighbors door
bros abeg wetin be dat .........

2 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Orikinla(m): 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
By the orders of the Oga at the top.
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by funnyx(m): 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The police authorities are not fools. No one is above the law. If Gov Amaechi engages in acts that infringes on the laws, it is the constitutional responsibility of the police to call the governor to order. No sentiments. However, if the police acted unlawfully in this instance, then the president should sanction whoever was responsible.

They could as well prevent your god from entering aso rock undecided

12 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by ealtutu: 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
The Governor has entered through another route. Ait breaking news
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by barikay: 9:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
pls, ooooooo there was a blockage on that route, unfortunately he was using that route too

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by leggo: 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The police authorities are not fools. No one is above the law. If Gov Amaechi engages in acts that infringes on the laws, it is the constitutional responsibility of the police to call the governor to order. No sentiments. However, if the police acted unlawfully in this instance, then the president should sanction whoever was responsible.
stop speaking like an idiiot. are you new in NIGERIA?? we all know what you fresh air dispenser and the shepopo are capable of doing..

12 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by funnyx(m): 9:02pm On Sep 12, 2013
Surely it won't end well for GEJ administration, Nigeria has never had it so bad! This impunity is just too much.

4 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by DonaldsN(m): 9:03pm On Sep 12, 2013
Why always amaechi? Why not akpabio or any other non opposition governor? This only points to one thing........ The presidency. For their info, it only gives him more reason to be rebellious. The order from the Oga at the top is very crystal, "make him as uncomfortable as possible in his state" else which gut has a mere commissioner of police to harass a sitting governor like this in his own state?

5 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Celepope: 9:03pm On Sep 12, 2013
Policewoman: I thought the CP Mbu had been redployed??
^..^ My thoughts exactly.

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 12, 2013
Just saw the photo news from sahara reporters:

This is an abuse to democracy...

http://saharareporters.com/gallery/photonews-police-block-amaechis-convoy-port-harcourt

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by niyisky: 9:04pm On Sep 12, 2013
see pics

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Pattey(m): 9:05pm On Sep 12, 2013

Must you comment? I feel soooo tempted to call you a damned fool but I won't.

What has your comment got to do with a serving governor being denied access to the government house!!??!!! Even if his convoy was 'diverted', when did that start in Nigeria?

Are you aware of the security implication? Incase you're so daft and blinded (not saying you are, just in case you are) in being a GEJ apologist, the routes are carefully chosen and planned in advance.
What happens if the diversion was to lead them into a trap?

Lastly, eventho I want to call your comment an idiotic spin, last time I checked, Governors still enjoy immunity from ANY legal proceeding. That makes your comment as inconsequentially dumb as GEJ you desperately advocate for.

I still refuse to describe You as the slowpoke you are. You shall not hear it from me.

46 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by swezenberg(m): 9:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
With the way lawlessness is going I hope the military won't tell the President to take another route soon.

7 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Rossikk(m): 9:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
Ayoo_xx: This one na end time for sure o..commissioner block governor..notin we no go hear for nigeria

Is the governor God? It is you people who give these officials this idea that they're untouchable deities. Better believe we are in a democracy and no one is above the law - including governors.

3 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by HAH: 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
I dare Goodluck Jonathan and the IGP to try this with Rabiu Kwankwaso of kanoor Wammako of Sokoto then we will see if they really have balls.

3 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by softwareman(m): 9:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
Even if you do this for a living, must you always stoop to this abysmal level of thinking to defend your Jonathan? The way you think , you and Jonathan are a match made in heaven!

11 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
Jonathan had better learned from history coup started this way oooo.....

#team i pity Nigeria
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by otokx(m): 9:13pm On Sep 12, 2013
Things are getting better.
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Celepope: 9:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
Pattey:

Must you comment? I feel soooo tempted to call you a damned fool but I won't.

What has your comment got to do with a serving governor being denied access to the government house!!??!!! Even if his convoy was 'diverted', when did that start in Nigeria?

Are you aware of the security implication? Incase you're so daft and blinded (not saying you are, just in case you are) in being a GEJ apologist, the routes are carefully chosen and planned in advance.
What happens if the diversion was to lead them into a trap?

Lastly, eventho I want to call your comment an idiotic spin, last time I checked, Governors still enjoy immunity from ANY legal proceeding. That makes your comment as inconsequentially dumb as GEJ you desperately advocate for.

I still refuse to describe You as the slowpoke you are. You shall not hear it from me.
Nigerians forget too easily.Something twice more than this has happened in Anambra state between A mere Biz man Chris Uba and a Governor Chris Ngige.

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by kokoA(m): 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
The fact is that for every evil moves he makes against Ameachi, he only succeeds in wining the man more sympathy and support..

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Kingspin(m): 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
There is no need bitten your teeth just go back to the genesis of the crises (VP).
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by alaoeri: 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish from a pathetic apologist.

3 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by leggo: 9:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
sometimes when insincere9gerian talks he sounds like a generator in need of servicing , he just goes on and on in support of illegal happenings.. if someone shoot an opposition leader tommorow he would claim it was a constitutional responsibility

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Pribo(m): 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2013
Pls the media shud not be seen as a ready tool in the hands of political jobers. Amaechi has earlier in the day thru his COS opened a parallel PDP office on Forces Avenue about three streets away from the Govt House back gate. The Police had stopped that lawlessness and had sealed off the office (which was Amaechi's former campaign office) and the adjoining streets.
The Gov'nor was going to the GH thro this blocked forces avenue and was barred from passing thro that road. He eventually went thro the main gate. Pls the facts shud be put straight. IF YOU BRING ANTS INFESTED FIREWOOD. ....

3 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by Babsunclejoe(m): 9:21pm On Sep 12, 2013
To everything under the sun there is a time. Once upon a time the man from Otuoke was without shoe, today he is the most powerful Nigerian, so was Abacha and also Yaradua.
Someone should pls remind GEJ that only change is permanent and only the coward look for power at all cost but power comes to the men of valour.

5 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by ujoinme: 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2013
swezenberg: With the way lawlessness is going I hope the military won't tell the President to take another route soon.

Why must you always bring the issue of the military take over! it is either you are too young to remember how bad it was in those days or you are one of those who benefited from the military largesse.

In democracy everywhere,there is always power tussle and leaders use whatever means to secure power, there is one ongoing between Amaechi and the present admin. Thats usual in a democracy time will tell who will prevail.
Before you guys start casting stones i will advice that you wait till the real story comes out. do you guys know what circumstances surrounded the police blockade? did they know it was the gov? did they think it was someone else trying to access the govt. house? did the police know the gov. itinerary? until more information is out on the issue, we all will be making baseless assumptions.

for you who is advocating military take over remember as much as i do not like the way GEJ and amaechi are going about their disagreement,that in military days Amaechi will not be acting the way he been acting towards the govt. at the centre. He is accorded this rights because we have democracy hence ability to dissent.
No matter how bad our democracy is we should all be rooting for it because the worst democracy is better than the best military rule. and as nigerians we know this by experience.

3 Likes

Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by softwareman(m): 9:24pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Is that what the constitution says? If the governors entry into the govt house thru that route will cause break down of law and order, it is the constitutional responsibility of the police to prevent that from happening.
How can you be so stupid? A governor's entry to govt house through any route will cause breakdown of law and order? You know that if this true , it is totally indefensible. I thought you would just keep quiet instead of reinforcing the dominant impression here that you are paid to defend every action of the president, no matter how wrong headed and ridiculous.
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by NovusHomo(m): 9:25pm On Sep 12, 2013

What law? The constitutional right to free association and assembly?
Re: Ameachi Denied Access To Govt House by lokzie: 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
what is aux? House has an h in it abeg oo
olatunji21: to d lawyers in da aux
What right does a state Commissioner of police has to stop an Elected Governor his Freedom of Movement into d govt aux??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senetor Elisha Abbo Bags An Award 'Icon Of Democracy' / Wike Criticises State Pardon Granted To Dariye & Nyame, Garba Shehu Responds / Army Reveals Why Shiite Members Were Attacked Again In Abuja. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.